menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Angel Episode - Waiting in the Wings (Waiting in the Wings talk, bring tissues, might need them)
Angel Episode - Waiting in the Wings
BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 16 Nov 2011, 03:12 | Message # 16
Group: Friends
Quote (FordStaff)
Loved characters should not be invincible either (in genres where people should be dieing that is) . If done right killing characters can be very powerful, so that is not a capability that should be shelved just to satisfy fans. The audience is suppose to feel certain moods and vibes, and if a show never kills any beloved or good characters it may be impossible to get that feel. For example are we really to expect that the Operative and Reavers are such badass mother fuckers if they can not even get one of the main cast killed?

Dereks death was good in TSCC I think( despite he was my 2nd favorite character). However with Camerons death the show would be ended for me, she had to live till the end I think.

Or what if they killed River in Serenity? Maybe during the movie. I think it wouldn't be a good thing.

I love when somebody tortures and kills main characters, even loved ones. I love even that when the aces are tortured and lose much to achieve the end.

Its only that they are needed in the show, especially if they are main reasons to watch it.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 16 Nov 2011, 03:27 | Message # 17
Or what if they killed River in Serenity? Maybe during the movie. I think it wouldn't be a good thing.

The movie was the end of it, so the normal rules do not apply. If say Joss decided to kill River at the end of Season 1 then that would be utter stupidity, but Serenity very well could have ended with River's death. It would be probably the most depressing death out of any fiction ever, but that does not make it wrong if that was the desired reaction in the audience. Luckily Joss went on the more sweet side of the bitter-sweet ending at least by his standards.

Its only that they are needed in the show, especially if they are main reasons to watch it.

There is obvious difference in characters like River and Cameron, and then characters like Derek or Wash. River and Cameron have so much potential for plot, and are essentially integral to the overall story arcs of the ENTIRE show including even the character arcs of multiple characters. Wash and Derek were not nearly as important, perhaps just as loved, but far more disposable. Not to mention it is made clear (not with Cameron only River) that this character is going to develop into something different by the end (with the birth metaphor and all).

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 28 Feb 2013, 14:47 | Message # 18
Group: Administrators
32 icons of Summer Glau from her appearance in Angel

Here are a few samples:

Watch the icons at livejournal

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 29 Mar 2013, 02:39 | Message # 19
I updated the Wiki page for Angel 3.13 'Waiting in the Wings'; check it out!

Summer Glau in Angel 3.13 'Waiting in the Wings'

robboDate: Saturday, 30 Mar 2013, 03:35 | Message # 20
dont know why but never watched angel the series, but i do remember watching this episode waiting in the wings, on the horror channel in the uk it was a really moving episode with summer glau performing as prima ballerina, considering it was her debut summer glau was absolutely amazing, the ballet was out of this world im not surprised she got a standing ovation, it was a great performance summer is great ballet dancer, got the episode for keeps now watched it a few times and it is really a heartwarming episode from the impressive stunning summer glau, the pictures in the gallery are really amazing summer looks so sweet and petite, smile

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 08 Apr 2013, 18:38 | Message # 21
Trailer for Angel episode 3.13 'Waitng in the Wings, that aired on The CW on February 4, 2002 and co-starring Summer Glau as the Prima Ballerina.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 09 Apr 2013, 14:54 | Message # 22
Promotional picture for Angel 3.13 'Waiting in the Wings'

Angel 3.13 Waiting in the Wings - Behind the Scenes

This picture was used in the menu of the DVD:

Angel 3.13 'Waiting in the Wings' DVD menu

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 10 Apr 2013, 16:56 | Message # 23
Joss Whedon described this shot of Angel 3.13 'Waiting in the Wings' as a painting.
I have brought a few color corrections and filters to the original screencap.

chrisdvanne

You can find more screencaps from Angel in the Blog.

robboDate: Thursday, 11 Apr 2013, 00:19 | Message # 24
does look like a rembrandt painting. but i would have to say for me a beautifull summer glau waiting in the wings, 17th century theatre postcard. the beautifull colours just makes it look so unique and gives it the wow factor, smile

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 21 Apr 2013, 16:18 | Message # 25
I've put together in a video all the commentaries by Joss Whedon on the scenes with Summer Glau in Angel 3.13 'Waiting in the Wings', taken from the DVD's special features.

Angel's Waiting in the Wings was written and directed by Joss Whedon himself, who provides insightful commentaries on Summer Glau herself, the way the ballet scenes were filmed and tons of trivias, including Whedon's two favorite shots from the episode.

Watch Angel 3.13 Waiting in the Wings - DVD commentary by Joss Whedon in SciFi & Fantasy  |  View More Free Videos Online at Veoh.com

ThierryDate: Sunday, 21 Apr 2013, 20:59 | Message # 26
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I've put together in a video all the commentaries by Joss Whedon on the scenes with Summer Glau in Angel 3.13 'Waiting in the Wings', taken from the DVD's special features.

No way to watch it... it is blocked because of copyrights... in Switzerland impossible to watch it, maybe in other countries... sad

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 22 Apr 2013, 01:03 | Message # 27
Quote (Thierry)
No way to watch it... it is blocked because of copyrights... in Switzerland impossible to watch it, maybe in other countries...

Yet, the other special features of the DVD box set such as the fantasy scene in which Amy Acker dances the role of Giselle while Wesley clumsily tries to dance around her are available on Youtube.

Edit: I've uploaded the video on another site, can you tell if it's working now?

ThierryDate: Monday, 22 Apr 2013, 16:47 | Message # 28
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Edit: I've uploaded the video on another site, can you tell if it's working now?
No way... I will survive anyway... Thanks a lot, Chris....

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 22 Apr 2013, 21:55 | Message # 29
I have updated the Wiki page for Angel 3.13 'Waiting in the Wings'.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 04 Oct 2013, 18:36 | Message # 30

Summer Glau - Waiting in the Wings

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Angel Episode - Waiting in the Wings (Waiting in the Wings talk, bring tissues, might need them)
Search: