menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Deadly Honeymoon discussion
Deadly Honeymoon discussion
JKamKam Post # 46 | Thursday, 18 Jun 2015 - 00:31
Group: Friends
Thanks for keeping the post smile Deadly Honeymoon has become a fan fav flick! It's been airing nonstop since it's 2010 release including a recent number of airing in the UK on Channel 5 and other stations. His song is an important part of the movie and helps set the contrasting tone from the opening to the transition that unfolds. The music supes loved his song and actually were in discussion between it and another of Ricky's songs. Deadly Honeymoon is airing again this Friday June 19 at 10am EDT on the Lifetime Movie Network. Aloha!

Message edited by JKamKam - Thursday, 18 Jun 2015, 00:32

chrisdvanne_ Post # 47 | Thursday, 18 Jun 2015 - 07:14
Group: Administrators
You're quite right about the movie and Ricky's song. Another proof is that Deadly Honeymoon is airing regularly in France too smile

Thanks for the reminder, I'll make sure to get the word out about tomorrow's LMN airing.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 48 | Saturday, 26 Sep 2015 - 17:40
Group: Administrators
I am deeply saddened by the news of Kalai Strode's passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Kalai Strode was a native Hawaiian actor, writer and college professor, son of legendary actor and NFL athlete Woody Strode. Kalai worked as an Assistant Director on Summer Glau's Lifetime movie taking place in Hawaii, "Deadly Honeymoon". We became Facebook friends a few years ago and he told me how Summer was a classy lady and a real sweetheart with everyone on set, including with the crew.
We had planned to do a written interview in which Kalai would have shared his memories of working with Summer on set of "Deadly Honeymoon" but life decided otherwise.

Kalai was a well-known and respected member of the movie/tv industry in Hawaii. He recently played the part of "Wali," a Lana'i store keeper in the 2nd episode of the 2nd season of Hawaii Five-O (see video below). As an aside, Summer's husband Val, who also worked on Hawaii Five-O, may very well have crossed path with Kalai.

Kalai Strode and his wife Pam Larson attend the 'Forgotten Four: The Integration Of Pro Football' screening presented by EPIX & UCLA at Royce Hall, UCLA on September 9, 2014 in Westwood, California. (Photo by Imeh Akpanudosen/Getty Images for EPIX)

Kalai Strode and his wife Pam Larson attend the 'Forgotten Four: The Integration Of Pro Football' screeningKalai Strode and his wife Pam Larson attend the 'Forgotten Four: The Integration Of Pro Football' screening

Here's Kalai Strode in a scene of Hawaii Five-0 with Alex O'Loughlin and Scott Caan

A few movie stills of Kalai's father Woody Strode.

movie still of Woody Strodemovie still of Woody Strodemovie still of Woody Strode

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Deadly Honeymoon discussion
Search: