menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Deadly Honeymoon discussion
Deadly Honeymoon discussion
KrelleK Post # 1 | Tuesday, 16 Nov 2010 - 15:43
Group: Friends
for all the talk regarding Deadly Honeymoon.

a little something to begin with, did she commit suicide in the end(thinking of the pill taking scene) or could it be she just wanted a good nights sleep

Message edited by KrelleK - Tuesday, 16 Nov 2010, 15:46

termi-ninja-tor Post # 2 | Tuesday, 16 Nov 2010 - 17:18
No, I don't have the impression that she committed suicide. I thought she took a sleeping pill or a tranquilizer.

If they meant for us to think she had committed suicide, it would have been done in a very clear way, no uncertainty about it. (If there is ever any doubt, then there is no doubt.)

termi-ninja-tor Post # 3 | Wednesday, 17 Nov 2010 - 00:10
The story implied that Lindsey was a modern but essentially conservative gal. She knew about the ideas of cheating and losing control while drunk or high, but these were not for her.

In contrast, her new husband Trevor was over the edge to the other side, doing it all. I think the key reason such different people still got married was that they were great in bed together (which was alluded to in the conversation in the boat's suite) and she thought she could change him (mistake).

She loved him, but he broke her heart when she saw him coming on to her bridesmaid in the video.

The filmmakers tried to depict his death as an accident that she could have saved but chose not to. This was a speculation of the FBI agent, Gwen Merced. Of course, the implication is that we will never really know.

I think she needs a new boyfriend, after the appropriae period of mourning. The new boyfriend with her new business life should help put her disturbing memories further back in her thoughts. And over time she may even come to accept that perhaps she did the right thing.

KrelleK Post # 4 | Friday, 19 Nov 2010 - 00:09
you are probably right Termi-ninja-tor about the suicide, that she probably did not do it.

But then something a little different, could the agent Merced try to use this against her in some way(the camera and the tape), I know she is an FBI agent but she seemed a little wild/rouge in the Boutique scene, or could she raise a case on this tape alone, or want to?

and I too think she really did love him, but was out of it, due to the pills and alcohol, and angry at him for doing it to her, but that it was an accident that was just not alarmed, as it should have been, like the in the fall scene she holds her arms tight in fron of her, and bend a little and just seems to try and step beside him to escape, there are no hands pushing or dragging him over board, but his own momentum.

termi-ninja-tor Post # 5 | Friday, 19 Nov 2010 - 00:49
Well, what was it that LIndsey should have dome that she did not, at least in the eyes of Agent Merced?

Trying to stop the fall off the ship would be too presumptive. Whether LIndsey reaches out an arm to stop Trevor's fall or not, is not enough to reach a determination of fault.

Not calling for help is a big deal. After Trevor falls into the ocean, Lindsey has to decide whether to call for help or keep quiet. In my opinion, she should have called for help, had the ship turned around, and saved Travor. Their lives together would have been different if she had saved his life this way. She let him die. What can I say? If she finally realized that he was a jerk, she could have eventually divorced him.

KrelleK Post # 6 | Friday, 19 Nov 2010 - 01:41
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Well, what was it that LIndsey should have dome that she did not, at least in the eyes of Agent Merced?

well Merced seemed very irate over Lindsey getting on the helicopter, while she wanted to talk with her, and there was also one of the scene, think it was in the gym scene where she Merced seemed to tell Lindsey she had atleast been caught in one lie, or some such, and the whole why should she believe what she said now, but I am not sure

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Trying to stop the fall off the ship would be too presumptive. Whether LIndsey reaches out an arm to stop Trevor's fall or not, is not enough to reach a determination of fault.

I think things happened a little to fast for lindsey to grasp for his arm in a last second kinda thing, maybe if she was not influenced by alcohol and pills.

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Not calling for help is a big deal. After Trevor falls into the ocean, Lindsey has to decide whether to call for help or keep quiet. In my opinion, she should have called for help, had the ship turned around, and saved Travor. Their lives together would have been different if she had saved his life this way. She let him die. What can I say? If she finally realized that he was a jerk, she could have eventually divorced him.

I think to she should have called for help too, but i think it was the shock, pills and alcohol that held her from thinking straight.

p.s would he not be dragged into the propellers, I mean he cannot have fallen that far out from the ship to avoid getting minced, could he?

termi-ninja-tor Post # 7 | Friday, 19 Nov 2010 - 02:01
I agree he must have fallen close to the hull of the ship, but I don't know if that means he would have gotten sucked into the propellers. I don't know how such things work.

I understand at that moment she did not feel like saving him. He was a loss to her. But the right way to do it would have been to save him and get a divorce. Or better yet not to have married him to begin with!

Getting back to the OP, how guilty should she have felt? If we agree he got the fate he deserved, then her guild would only be for disregarding the law as she let him meet his appropriate fate. She shouldn't let it bother her too long.

If she feels guilty for her role in his death, she should remember that she was the "woman scorned."

KrelleK Post # 8 | Friday, 19 Nov 2010 - 02:22
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
I agree he must have fallen close to the hull of the ship, but I don't know if that means he would have gotten sucked into the propellers. I don't know how such things work.
I understand at that moment she did not feel like saving him. He was a loss to her. But the right way to do it would have been to save him and get a divorce. Or better yet not to have married him to begin with!
Getting back to the OP, how guilty should she have felt? If we agree he got the fate he deserved, then her guild would only be for disregarding the law as she let him meet his appropriate fate. She shouldn't let it bother her too long.
If she feels guilty for her role in his death, she should remember that she was the "woman scorned."

that is true, about the guilt thing, but does that really work like that? I mean would a normal, and hopefully good upbringing not have her be able to feel remorse even if she did not really do anything, and feel bad about, even if she do not tell the police, what really happened, or that she was the woman scorned, but I have not knowladge in this, just me blundering about I think.

and sure the best way would have been not getting married at all, or get them to save him, then divorce him. and either have asked for cabin for herself, and completely avoid him the best she could, until they reached harbor.

Fermi Post # 9 | Wednesday, 04 May 2011 - 01:53
Group: Administrators
Deadly Honeymoon repeat Lifetime Movie Network

Tue May 3 at 8 PM
Wed May 4 at 12 AM
Sun May 22 at 6 PM

You can't stop the signal!

Blazius Post # 10 | Thursday, 05 May 2011 - 16:23
Its a great Summer Glau movie because it features her in a leading role and she has the majority of the screen time. The ending is brilliant I think.
Only a Summer character is badass enough to kill her cheating/abusing husband and walk away unharmed while making money in the process! Its good to hear it still airs occasionally.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

KrelleK Post # 11 | Tuesday, 10 May 2011 - 03:26
Just a little stray thought that hit me today(yesterday to be sxact)

do any of you have any thought of how things would gone in this case, if insted of FBI-Agent Merced it had instead been FBI Special agent Seeley Booth(not that i do not like Tempy "Bones" Brennan, but there was not many bones to look at in this case)that been along on this cruise.

Blazius Post # 12 | Monday, 18 Jul 2011 - 19:11
A quick, and burning question! Does anybody know a site where I can find Hungarian subtitles to Deadly Honeymoon? My search yielded no results so far and I want to show it to a person who can't understand the speech without subtitles.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 13 | Monday, 18 Jul 2011 - 19:51
Russian and Bulgarian subtitles but no Hungarian i'm afraid.

Also it looks that that the men Trevor met on the boat are Hungarian.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Blazius Post # 14 | Monday, 18 Jul 2011 - 21:45
Quote (michelangelo)
Russian and Bulgarian subtitles but no Hungarian i'm afraid.

Thats what I've found too, but thanks anyway.

Quote (michelangelo)
Also it looks that that the men Trevor met on the boat are Hungarian.

They are. Actually they spoke a few lines in Hungarian in the film which I could understand.

Sadly they were really bad guys in the film. I hope Summer doesn't think that every Hungarian is like that. sad

chrisdvanne_ Post # 15 | Monday, 18 Jul 2011 - 22:49
There was a trend in James Bond Movies or alike a few years ago where the bad guys were French; i don't know why and it bothered me a little at the time. Not that much though.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Deadly Honeymoon discussion
Search: