menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Trivia
Knights of Badassdom Trivia
chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 09:36 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Report in this thread all the little funny things you noticed about Knights of Badassdom. It can be a supposed reference to another movie, or about an actor, or whatever you feel while watching the trailer.

Joe Lynch comes from the geek culture; more, LARPing is also influenced by this culture so i'm sure there is plenty of references.

I start :

Joshua Malina is in the movie...plays Travis.

Joshua who??

Don't look at me this way, i know you know that guy. Let me show you a screencap of a tv show he played in a few years ago.

I told you so!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

DevoDate: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 10:55 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
Report in this thread all the little funny things you noticed about Knights of Badassdom. It can be a supposed reference to another movie, or about an actor, or whatever you feel while watching the trailer. Joe Lynch comes from the geek culture; more, LARPing is also influenced by this culture so i'm sure there is plenty of references. I start : Joshua Malina is in the movie...plays Travis. Joshua who?? Don't look at me this way, i know you know that guy. Let me show you a screencap of a tv show he played in a few years ago. I told you so!

He is a laugh riot on Twitter. He's a must-follow imo.

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 11:21 | Message # 3
That's exactly what Sarah Connor said to him in TSCC : "Agent Altridge...you're a funny boy"

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 16:05 | Message # 4
You know what is the main criteria in a trailer to encourage people to go see a movie : The Voice of the commentator. And KOB has it.

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 21:22 | Message # 5
One of the main characters has a first name that reminds Star wars. But which one?

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 21:38 | Message # 6
It must be Lando.

(I wanted the other video but it has crappy aspect ratio and this space battle is cool)

He is the black guy who pilots the Millenium Falcon in this video. He is the smuggler friend of Han Solo( and as such he betrayed him on Bespin in The Empire Strikes Back).

I wonder if its just a coincidence or will the character have some traits of Lando Calrissian(the SW Lando).

Also they may have put a few SW jokes into KOB (I would like it obviously)

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 21:46

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 21:46 | Message # 7
Love that music!
I watched those movies in french at the time and it's funny to hear the original voices.

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 21:56 | Message # 8
Quote (michelangelo)
Love that music!

The music is just phenomenal in The Return of the Jedi! See how this piece highlights the epic space battle which just starts in this scene and its mixed a bit with the desperation of the Rebels when they find out that the shields of the Death Star are still operational. John Williams is a genius IMO.

Quote (michelangelo)
I watched those movies in french at the time and it's funny to hear the original voices.

I have watched them in Hungarian so many times that I can still repeat almost every line spoken in the movie and I also know in which scene they are. Now I watched them in english too but I still have to learn most of the lines. Vaders english voice is so epic(not that the Hungarian was bad)

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 22:00 | Message # 9
French voices were also good.
Vader was epic both in english and french.
Harrison Ford had his regular dubbling voice so Han Solo was great.
I did not like Luke's voice that much in french.

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 22:03 | Message # 10
Quote (michelangelo)
I did not like Luke's voice that much in french.

Hungarians managed to screw him up badly in the New Hope but it got better with the following two movies.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 20 Sep 2011, 13:54 | Message # 11
I recently realised Summer Glau already knew Danny Pudi, who plays Lando in Knights of Badassdom, from his tv show on NBC, Community.

SAN DIEGO - JULY 23: Actors Summer Glau (L) and Danny Pudi attend the NBC rooftop party during Comic-Con 2010 at Omni Hotel on July 23, 2010 in San Diego, California.

Click on image for bigger size
Summer Glau and Danny Pudi attend the NBC rooftop party during Comic-Con 2010
Photo: Kevin Winter

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 27 Dec 2011, 23:56 | Message # 12
From Summer Glau Wiki Forum

Lightning Bolt! Lightning Bolt!

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 29 Jun 2013, 12:53 | Message # 13
Knights of Badassdom Cast at IMdB database lists two "Gunther" (Summer Glau's cousin in the film). Weird isn't it?

Summer Glau in Knights of Badassdom
Summer Glau and her cousin Gunther in Knights of Badassdom.

According to a member of the crew, the first actor to portray Gunther got very sick and couldn't continue. The part had to be recast.

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 22 Jan 2014, 12:36 | Message # 14
This is the result of a Google search for Knights of Badassdom (at least for me). My lil fanart poster featuring Summer Glau front and center comes first  biggrin

Google search for Knights of Badassdom

robboDate: Wednesday, 22 Jan 2014, 23:37 | Message # 15
Quote chrisdvanne ()
This is the result of a Google search for Knights of Badassdom (at least for me). My lil fanart poster featuring Summer Glau front and center comes first 

Well done mate nice one, It"s a much better poster in any case, than the one that"s out without Summer Glau"s name on it. wink

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Knights of Badassdom Trivia
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: