menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
BlaziusDate: Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 15:55 | Message # 106
Group: Friends
Everybody pay attention that Alphas ratings are going down way before Summers episode! There is no way that she influenced the ratings in any way!

So if Alphas gets cancelled it would be solely the fault of the show and not Summer or any of the guest stars. Besides if Alphas gets cancelled then Alaina Huffman is at two big cancellations also but I don't think that these are her fault.

I think everybody should be warned of this before somebody gets a "funny" idea.

Quote (michelangelo)
This episode has definitively lots of potential; i'm sure the part with the special abilities will be handled very professionally by the writers but i hope the story underneath Summer's abilities and her the way her characters evolves (if so) will be strong too.

I agree. The character should get sufficient backstory and character development. Besides if Summer gets good material she usually turns a character into one of the most brilliant characters in sci-fi history so its worth working on her character. If that is the case then she should get a recurring role(if everything goes well) in the show I think.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 16:18

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 16:15 | Message # 107
Group: Administrators
I admire your dedication Blazius but i'm afraid this is a lost cause. The internet if full of doofus, you and me cannot changed that.
Trying to give them reasonnable arguments is useless...but that doesn't mean we cannot write them anyway whenever it's needed.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 16:19 | Message # 108
Besides i'm not overanxious about Alphas's renewall for a second season by now.

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 16:29 | Message # 109
I just thought that because we are in the process of the cancellation not after its better if we can show everybody step by step the process and show them that Summer has nothing to do with it. Besides this would be the best time to examine what really caused it.

Maybe its too early to bury the show just yet but the signs are not good as fa as I can tell.

FermiDate: Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 18:26 | Message # 110
There are some thumbnails here http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/networks/syfy/alphas/photos

Sadly one need to be member of the press to download highres. The picture info says Summer character is named Skylar.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 18:27 | Message # 111
Summer Glau's character in Alphas is named Skylar, according to NBC, which is a clear reference to Sylar, played by Zachary Quinto in Heroes.

Quote (Wikipedia)
Gabriel Gray, more commonly known by his assumed name of Sylar (a name obtained from a brand of watch he encountered as a watchmaker), is one of the primary antagonists and antiheroes in the NBC drama Heroes. Portrayed by Zachary Quinto, he is a superpowered serial killer who targets other superhumans in order to steal their powers. He served as the primary villain of the first season and then as a recurring antagonist. After being rescued from a mental prison by Peter Petrelli in "The Wall", Sylar has now identified himself as a hero in "Brave New World".

FermiDate: Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 20:02 | Message # 112
found a HQ

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 20:14 | Message # 113
Quote (Fermi)
found a HQ

Thanks for the pic!

Promo pics for Alphas 1x08 'A Short Time In Paradise'
Episode #108 “A Short Time in Paradise”
Premieres Monday, August 29th at 10PM ET/PT
Guest star: Garret Dillahunt

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 18 Aug 2011, 21:57 | Message # 114
Second picture of Summer Glau in Alphas 'Catch and Release'

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 19 Aug 2011, 16:29 | Message # 115

FermiDate: Friday, 19 Aug 2011, 16:58 | Message # 116
HQ version in the gallery: http://photos.summer-glau.com....d=34218

FermiDate: Friday, 19 Aug 2011, 21:14 | Message # 117
A New HQ

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 19 Aug 2011, 21:27 | Message # 118
Quote (Fermi)
A New HQ

what's in the bag?

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 20 Aug 2011, 02:24 | Message # 119
Quote (michelangelo)
what's in the bag?

It seems to me that she has to protect its content and has to deliver it somewhere while fighting her way through bad guys.

BTW she doesn't seem to be 100% again but thats the legacy of River Tam I guess.

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 20 Aug 2011, 07:38 | Message # 120
Quote (Blazius)
It seems to me that she has to protect its content and has to deliver it somewhere while fighting her way through bad guys.

BTW she doesn't seem to be 100% again but thats the legacy of River Tam I guess.

Interesting you used the word "deliver" : could a member say if this weird red/yellow bag is used by courier for example. When i saw it first i thought it was a pizza delivering bag.
Alphas, especially if they're young as says the synospis, always seems a bit 'lost' because of their abilities but Dr Rosen would not agree with you wink

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Search: