menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 01 Aug 2011, 09:47 | Message # 91
Group: Administrators
Gary is a lady-killer!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 02 Aug 2011, 19:54 | Message # 92
SyFy has released a schedule for the upcoming guest appearance, including Summer Glau :

SFy official annoucement :

GARRET DILLAHUNT, SUMMER GLAU, BRENT SPINER AND LINDSAY WAGNER HIGHLIGHT THE LIST OF GUEST STARS TO APPEAR IN UPCOMING EPISODES OF SYFY’S

NEW HIT SUMMER SERIES

NEW YORK – August 2, 2011 – Syfy’s new hit series Alphas will feature an impressive lineup of special guest stars for its debut season. Garret Dillahunt (Raising Hope), Summer Glau (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles), Alaina Huffman (Stargate Universe), Rebecca Mader (Lost), Brent Spiner (Star Trek: The Next Generation), Lindsay Wagner (The Bionic Woman) and Peter Wingfield (Caprica) will join previously announced recurring guest star Valerie Cruz.

Alphas, airing Monday nights at 10PM ET/PT on Syfy, follows a clandestine group of ordinary people whose unique neurological condition equips them with extraordinary physical abilities. Operating within the U.S. Department of Defense, the Alphas team is led by preeminent neurologist and psychiatrist Dr. Lee Rosen (Emmy Award-winner and Academy Award-nominee David Strathairn (Temple Grandin, Good Night, and Good Luck). The ensemble cast also stars Malik Yoba (New York Undercover, Why Did I Get Married?), Warren Christie (October Road), Azita Ghanizada (Castle), Ryan Cartwright (Mad Men, Bones) and Laura Mennell (Watchmen).

Episode #105 “Never Let Me Go”
Premieres Monday, August 15th at 10PM ET/PT
Guest star: Lindsay Wagner reprises her role as Dr. Vanessa Calder from Warehouse 13.

Episode #106 “Bill and Gary’s Excellent Adventure”
Premieres Monday, August 8th at 10PM ET/PT
Guest Stars: Alaina Huffman and Peter Wingfield

Episode #107 “Catch and Release”
Premieres Monday August 22nd at 10PM ET/PT
Guest star: Summer Glau

Episode #108 “A Short Time in Paradise”
Premieres Monday, August 29th at 10PM ET/PT
Guest star: Garret Dillahunt

Episode #109 “Blind Spot”
Premieres Monday, September 12th at 10:00PM ET/PT
Guest star: Brent Spiner and Rebecca Mader

Source : SyFy

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 02 Aug 2011, 23:26

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 03 Aug 2011, 09:34 | Message # 93
A little press review after this awesome annoucement by SyFy.

So far 16 articles reporting this news were released on the net (some by fansites though). Most of these articles praise the good choice of guest stars and the fact their profiles matches Alphas targeted audience.

Also we can notice that Summer Glau and Brent Spiner are the most quoted in the titles of the articles whereas Summer gets the most photos to illustrate the articles.
As we have often seen in the past, Summer Glau is the most buzzworthy actor in a lineup; the producers know it hence the promo video for upcoming episodes in which Summer was the only guest star featured (i'm not talking promo video for next episode) and the web columnist know it too (that's to reassure the people who can be offended by seing commnents of people who thinks they're funny but are only disrespectful to Miss Glau and her fans).

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 03 Aug 2011, 11:50 | Message # 94
I'm impressed by these tv-friendly, geek-friendly lineup of guest stars that will show up in Alphas in the coming weeks. They're all fans favorite, especially among scifi lovers.

Lindsay Wagner (The Bionic Woman)
Episode #105 “Never Let Me Go”
Premieres Monday, August 15th at 10PM ET/PT
Guest star: Lindsay Wagner reprises her role as Dr. Vanessa Calder from Warehouse 13.

Alaina Huffman (Stargate Universe) and Peter Wingfield (Caprica)
Episode #106 “Bill and Gary’s Excellent Adventure”
Premieres Monday, August 8th at 10PM ET/PT
Guest Stars: Alaina Huffman and Peter Wingfield

Summer Glau (Firefly, Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles)
Episode #107 “Catch and Release”
Premieres Monday August 22nd at 10PM ET/PT
Guest star: Summer Glau

Garret Dillahunt (Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Raising Hope)
Episode #108 “A Short Time in Paradise”
Premieres Monday, August 29th at 10PM ET/PT
Guest star: Garret Dillahunt

Brent Spiner (Star Trek: The Next Generation) and Rebecca Mader (Lost)
Episode #109 “Blind Spot”
Premieres Monday, September 12th at 10:00PM ET/PT
Guest star: Brent Spiner and Rebecca Mader

One more guest star would be bliss biggrin

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 03 Aug 2011, 13:55 | Message # 95
With such guest stars, Alphas is going to win the title of "Show With The Most Scifi Icons", beware Chuck.

One of the things this Press Release reveals is that Eureka, Warehouse 13 and now Alphas share the same universe, just like Marvel Films will make co-exist ist super heroes in The Avengers (2012).
Indeed, Warehouse 13 and Eureka have already had crossovers but we just learned that ex-Bionic Woman Lindsay Wagner will take on again her role as Dr Vanessa Calder in Alphas fifth episode 'Never Let Me Go', airing next Monday (and not August 15th like stated in the Press Release). Lyndsay Wagner already appeared in 4 episodes of Warehouse 13.

One can wonder how you can link Warehouse 13, who has a humerous tone and Alphas who has a more dark tone; Lyndsay Wagner answers in a recent interview to SciFiPulse.net :

The fun kind of banter that dominates the dialogue on Warehouse really kind of only takes place between Artie and myself, but not when she’s – not – thus far, not when Dr. Vanessa has been focused on something very serious.

It didn’t seem odd or out of character for her to be serious the whole time on Alphas. It didn’t seem out of character at all. You’ll see when you see it.

It is a more serious show and our scenes were pretty straight forward and serious because we were dealing with a real crisis that Dr. Calder comes to – is involved in helping with this odd situation before they figure it out.

Lyndsay Wagner in Warehouse 13

Lynday Wagner in Alphas

Source : Lindsay Wagner’s Doctor Calder To Visit Syfy’s ‘Alphas’ at SciFiPulse.net

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 03 Aug 2011, 14:13

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 03 Aug 2011, 22:22 | Message # 96
Pictures of some of the guest stars on the set of Alphas; Summer Glau, Lyndsay Wagner, Rebecca Mader and Brent Spiner.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 04 Aug 2011, 15:37 | Message # 97
Good news, Warehouse 13 is going to be renewed for a 4th season; SyFy did not annouce it officially but it should not be a surprise.

But rumors are that Alphas could also be renewed for a second season, according to Airlock Alpha.

Rumblings also are afoot around Airlock Alpha that Syfy will give a second season order to "Alphas," which might not be performing as well as "Warehouse 13's" lead out, but still retains much of the show's audience going into 10 p.m. In fact, it's more of a 95 percent audience retention hour-after-hour, meaning fans of Syfy's "grounded" series like "Warehouse 13" and "Eureka" are quite interested in the superhuman sleuths that make up "Alphas."

Syfy has not confirmed either story, so they should be treated as any rumor would -- meaning some or all of this could change or not even be fully accurate.

Source : Syfy Ready To Renew 'Warehouse 13,' 'Alphas'

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 04 Aug 2011, 18:20 | Message # 98
Time to take a look at last Monday ratings in order to understand Syfy probable decision of renewal for Warehouse 13 and why Alphas could also be renewed.

We will look at the complete Monday lineup to have a better vision, aka by order of airing Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Alphas.

Eureka was up a tenth from last week to a 0.7 adults 18-49 rating (and 2.134 millions viewers). Warehouse 13 was steady with a 0.8 rating adults 18-49 rating (and 2.252 millions viewers), and Alphas was also steady with a 0.7 adults 18-49 rating (and 2.031 millions viewers).

Given that the threshold for a renewal decision lies between 0.5 -0.7 in adult demo ratings, we can easely understand why Warehouse 13 gets its 4th season.

For Alphas, the trend since the pilot is this (18-49 demo ratings and millions viewers):

Pilot : 0.9 and 2.5
Ep 2 : 0.8 and 2.225
Ep 3 : 0.7 and 1.934
Ep 4 : 0.7 and 2.031

After the inevitable loss from the pilot (small one btw), it's seems Alphas has steady numbers; the whole Monday lineup is also solid, no wonder Syfy consider renewing Alphas.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 09 Aug 2011, 18:21 | Message # 99
Promo video for Next Monday episode : Alphas Episode 106 'Bill and Gary's Excellent Adventure'

Guest Stars : Alaina Huffman (Stargate Universe) and Peter Wingfield (Caprica)

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 10 Aug 2011, 10:56 | Message # 100
Let's see the ratings for Syfy last Monday lineup.

Eureka was steady with a 0.7 adults 18-49 rating though it increased total viewing versus last week (notice Syfy has annouced it would be canceled after this season). Warehouse 13 was up a tenth to a 0.9 adults 18-49 rating, and Alphas was also steady with a 0.7 adults 18-49 rating and 2.011 millions viewers.

For Alphas, the trend since the pilot is as following (18-49 demo ratings and millions viewers):

Ep 5 : 0.7 and 2.011

Alphas's ratings are steady but the retention from Warehouse 13 ratings could be better; i hope the guest star lineup is going to bear fruits. It was not the case for last Monday episode with Lyndsay Wagner but firstly, attributing a variation in ratings to a guest star is questionable and secondly the most high profile guests are definitively Summer Glau and Brent Spiner (given the titles, pictures and number of articles published online).

Source : tvbythenumbers

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 15 Aug 2011, 11:57 | Message # 101
Alphas - Syfy: Season One Marathon on Thursday August 18, 2011

08:30 AM Pilot

Ominous messages steer a man to a building's rooftop, where he executes an improbable shooting in the opener of the series following a team of people with extraordinary abilities who investigate crimes linked to others like them.

Guest stars include Jeff Seymour, Joe Pingue, Callum Keith Rennie, Jane Moffat, Daniel Kash and Rachael Crawford.

10:00 AM Episode 2 : Anger Management

The team moves to new offices following the attack on Rosen; violent riots break out on the east coast, which are linked to a runaway teen.

Guest stars include Devon Graye, Tatiana Maslany, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali and Callum Keith Rennie.

11:00 AM Episode 3 : Cause & Effect

A problematic former patient of Rosen's escapes as Rosen is getting acquainted with his Department of Defense liaison, and the rest of the team tries to balance their normal lives with their work as Alphas.

Guest stars include Valerie Cruz, Will McCormack, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, Raoul Bhaneja and Deborah Odell.

12:00 PM Episode 4 : Rosetta

The team must stop a Red Flag terror plot before it changes the existence of Alphas as we know it. Alphas Monday at 10/9c.

Guest stars include Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, Jane Moffat and Mike Tyrell.

01:00 PM Episode 5 : Never Let Me Go

Rachel goes on a date that ends with a powerful kiss; Rosen's team officially joins the Defense Criminal Investigation Service, and their first case is to probe a series of deaths linked to a high school in Pennsylvania.

Guest stars include Kathleen Gati, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, Jason Gosbee, Mike Tyrell and Lindsay Wagner.

02:00 PM Episode 6 : Bill And Gary's Excellent Adventure

Bill and Gary pursue an outside case, putting their Alpha powers to the ultimate test. Featuring guest star Alaina Huffman. Alphas Monday at 10/9c.

Guest stars include Stargate Universe's Alaina Huffman, Peter Wingfield, Melissa Hood and Conrad Pla.

Source : Syfy schedule

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 17 Aug 2011, 14:34 | Message # 102
The 4400 alumni reunion in next Monday episode with Summer Glau and Ali Mahershala

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 17 Aug 2011, 15:14 | Message # 103
Group: Friends
After seeing the trailer it seems that Summer will be very badass character and she will get a lot of screentime. Its also good that she seems to have abilities and she is definitely not a lawyer.

Maybe we will have one of our best Summer episodes of all time? We will find out soon I guess.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 17 Aug 2011, 15:26 | Message # 104
This episode has definitively lots of potential; i'm sure the part with the special abilities will be handled very professionally by the writers but i hope the story underneath Summer's abilities and her the way her characters evolves (if so) will be strong too.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 17 Aug 2011, 16:42 | Message # 105
Ratings for Syfy last Monday lineup are available.

Eureka was steady with a 0.7 adults 18-49. Warehouse 13 was steady with a 0.9 adults 18-49 rating, and Alphas was down a tenth to a 0.6 adults 18-49 rating and 1.832 millions viewers.

For Alphas, the trend since the pilot is as following (18-49 demo ratings and millions viewers):

Ep 5 : 0.7 and 2.011
Ep 6 : 0.6 and 1.832

As you can see Alphas numbers are going down. What i mentioned last week, the so-so retention from WH13 numbers, was more blatant last Monday. The guest star lineup has not bear fruits yet. It was also not the case with Lyndsay Wagner's episode but firstly, attributing a variation in ratings to a guest star is questionable and secondly the most high profile guests are definitively Summer Glau and Brent Spiner (given the titles, pictures and number of articles published online).

The numbers are not as good as they should because Alphas has no weakness, nor in writing, nor in dialog, nor in acting; think about The Event or No Ordinary Family or The Cape in comparison.
Some have questioned the fact that the villain of the week was not an Alpha but the important thing in episode 6 'Bill & Gary Excellent Adventure' was the character development (between Bill & Gary of course but also between Cameron and Nina) and we had our share of action.
The show swings between a procedurial (we've had two stand-alone episode recently) and a serialized one (Red Flag and Bighamtom plots); i think the pace is good but it may confuse people who are used to shows embrassing one path only (like NCIS or Warehouse 13).

The promo trailer for next week's episode with Summer Glau has showed it has lots of potential and, if not a turning point in season one, should be one of its strongest.

Source : tvbythenumbers

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Search: