menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011, 16:44 | Message # 76
Group: Administrators
HQ screencaps on the Gallery : Gallery/ Alphas

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011, 20:34

DevoDate: Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011, 16:58 | Message # 77
Group: Friends

Message edited by Devo - Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011, 17:19

Jason_ConnorDate: Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011, 18:11 | Message # 78
To me right now it looks like she is a scientist/doctor person. One of the tattoos looks like a flower and the others look like schematics for the machine she is working on.

Also I think she could pull off the blond look, IMO

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011, 18:25 | Message # 79
Alphas co-creator and Avengers writer Zak Penn about Summers guest spot
"First of all, you'll see various bureaucratic types throughout the show, but one of the things that we really wanted to capture is that normally the government isn't run like Charlie's Angels [...] Rosen has had to navigate this bureaucracy and we're into the banal humorous side of bureaucracy, the fact that in a situation like this, things wouldn't run smoothly. You would have [...] screw ups. There's an episode coming up, there's one with Summer Glau guest-stars in an episode and there's a lot of departmental confusion about what's going on.

@Jason : the confusion started when creator Zak Penn hinted that Summer could play a bureaucrat in an interview. I answered in this thread that it was BS. Summer Glau's look on these screencaps evoke more an alpha than a lawyer imo.

Hard to say who she is really; looks like a fugitive to me.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011, 20:26 | Message # 80
Has anybody spoted others guest stars like Rebecca Mader or Brent Spiner or Garret Dillahunt?

Maybe this is just me hallucinating but it seems Summer Glau is the only one that is featured in this video.

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 27 Jul 2011, 13:44 | Message # 81
Rating news.

Last Monday was not good for SyFy lineup : Eureka lost two tenth from last week to a 0.6 in adults 18-49 demo. Warehouse 13 lost one tenth to a 0.7 rating and Alphas lost another tenth to 0.7 rating and 1,954 millions viewers.

Even if those numbers aren't great, they should be enough for a renewal.

Alphas has the potential to be a good show and has no obvious weakness (nor the acting, nor the writing,...) so i hope it will rebound next week.

Source : tvbythenumbers

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 27 Jul 2011, 16:46 | Message # 82
Quote (michelangelo)
A lawyer! Summer doen't seem to be dressed as a lawyer in these screencaps. You still have a few things to learn young Padawan

The future is always in motion you know...

From the screencaps she definitely strikes me as a scientist/technician type. She is either a villain or a good guy with gray morality. And I suspect that she isn't completely sane(for a change) but no way to the same degree as River or Tess in the Wake UP Call. She also seems to be less feminine than the Summer characters so far.

I feel that this role will be more different than the roles we get used to. I'm not sure about the blonde, short hair for example and that she will be less girly than her other roles. Summer herself said that she was thinking about taking the job so I suspect even she had doubts. Its a bit like the next 4400 episode: Fifty-Fifty. At least she expands her repertoire and opens up more possibilities. However I'm pretty sure that she could handle it just as well as her other roles, she never disappoints us. And Behr said that she is terrific in it so we can be optimists.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 27 Jul 2011, 17:00 | Message # 83
I'm not speculating about Summer's role itself because we have no information about that; i'm just saying that co-creator Zak Penn could very well have given us a false lead.
Summer's sentence about taking the role is still a mystery that we will probably never solve, but in the end that's not that important. I'm not that found of this look but again, the important thing is that Summer delivers a good performance as an actor.

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 27 Jul 2011, 17:10 | Message # 84
Quote (michelangelo)
I'm not that found of this look but again, the important thing is that Summer delivers a good performance as an actor.

I think we can count on her in that department, I'm pretty sure that she could play any role that is chosen for her.

Quote (michelangelo)
Rating news.

Last Monday was not good for SyFy lineup : Eureka lost two tenth from last week to a 0.6 in adults 18-49 demo. Warehouse 13 lost one tenth to a 0.7 rating and Alphas lost another tenth to 0.7 rating and 1,954 millions viewers.

Even if those numbers aren't great, they should be enough for a renewal.

Alphas has the potential to be a good show and has no obvious weakness (nor the acting, nor the writing,...) so i hope it will rebound next week.

Source : tvbythenumbers

Just don't cancel Alphas after Summers episode,else the "clever" people will restart the whole stupid Summer Glau curse nonsense again!

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 27 Jul 2011, 17:23 | Message # 85
May the Gods of TV hear you!

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 28 Jul 2011, 16:17 | Message # 86
Alphas Season 1 Episode 4 'Rosetta' Trailer

DevoDate: Saturday, 30 Jul 2011, 03:05 | Message # 87
I just caught up on Alphas and WOW, that last episode was gnarly!

I like this show, and I think Summer is going too get to play a pretty awesome character. The writing is pretty darn good, a lot better than I expected to be honest.

It would be cool to have a weekly Viewers Club for Alphas, at least until Summer's episode airs. cool

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 30 Jul 2011, 07:49 | Message # 88
As i said, i had an idea in mind when i created this thread; knowing that Summer would guesr star in Alphas, i wanted to excite the curiosity of our viewers. But the serie itself is quite good, wheher the story, the characters or the lines.
It's build as a procedural with serialized elements but the serialized part is not that heavy and co-creator Zak Penn said the basics would be revealed in the upcomiing episodes. They wanted a character driven serie. Though i think there is a fair amount of action so far.
It's not like in The Event or V or even Caprica or TSCC where you have more questions than you have answers. It's easy to dive in Alphas.

I'm not sure about the weekly viewing, other members are invited to give their opinion on that; but the viewing of Summer's episode at the Viewers Club is an excellent idea. I invite the Wiki members to watch the first episodes of Alphas, after all there is only 3 episodes to catch up with.

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 31 Jul 2011, 14:53 | Message # 89
Alphas Marathon on SyFy Sunday July, 31 (today) starting at 07:30pm.

07:30 PM Pilot

Ominous messages steer a man to a building's rooftop, where he executes an improbable shooting in the opener of the series following a team of people with extraordinary abilities who investigate crimes linked to others like them.

Guest stars include Callum Keith Rennie, Matt Bois, Scott Edgecombe, Sevaan Franks, Paul Sun-Hyung, Joe Pingue, Jimi Shlag and Saad Siddiqui.

09:00 PM S01EP02 Cause & Effect

A problematic former patient of Rosen's escapes as Rosen is getting acquainted with his Department of Defense liaison, and the rest of the team tries to balance their normal lives with their work as Alphas.

Guest stars include Mahershalalhashbaz Ali and Raoul Bhaneja.

10:00 PM S01EP03 Anger Management

An out of control Alpha puts the team's abilities to the ultimate test.
The team moves to new offices following the attack on Rosen; violent riots break out on the east coast, which are linked to a runaway teen.

Guest stars include Matt Bois, James Byron, Devon Graye, Deborah Odell, Joe Pingue, Callum Keith Rennie, Jimi Shlag and Saad Siddiqui.

Source : SyFy schedule

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 31 Jul 2011, 15:46 | Message # 90

ALPHAS - SYFY: August & september 2011 Schedule

Aug 1 10:00 PM Rosetta
Aug 2 01:00 AM Rosetta

The team must stop a Red Flag terror plot before it changes the existence of Alphas as we know it.
Alphas Monday at 10/9c.
Guest stars include Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, Jane Moffat and Mike Tyrell.

Aug 5 11:00 PM Rosetta

Aug 8 10:00 PM Never Let Me Go
Aug 9 01:00 AM Never Let Me Go

Rachel goes on a date that ends with a powerful kiss; Rosen's team officially joins the Defense Criminal Investigation Service, and their first case is to probe a series of deaths linked to a high school in Pennsylvania.
Guest stars include Mahershalalhashbaz Ali.

Aug 12 11:00 PM Never Let Me Go
Aug 15 10:00 PM Bill And Gary's Excellent Adventure
Aug 16 01:00 AM Bill And Gary's Excellent Adventure

AUGUST 18 - MARATHON

08:30 AM Pilot
10:00 AM Anger Management
11:00 AM Cause & Effect
12:00 PM Rosetta
01:00 PM Never Let Me Go
02:00 PM Bill And Gary's Excellent Adventure

Aug 19 11:00 PM Bill And Gary's Excellent Adventure

Aug 22 10:00 PM Catch And Release ----------------------> possibly Summer Glau's episode
Aug 23 01:00 AM Catch And Release

Aug 26 11:00 PM Catch And Release

Aug 29 10:00 PM A Short Time In Paradise
Aug 30 01:00 AM A Short Time In Paradise

Sep 2 11:00 PM A Short Time In Paradise

Sep 12 10:00 PM Blind Spot
Sep 13 01:00 AM Blind Spot

Sep 13 11:30 PM Blind Spot

Sep 16 11:00 PM Blind Spot

Sep 17 11:30 PM Rosett
Sep 18 12:30 AM Never Let Me Go
Sep 18 01:30 AM Bill And Gary's Excellent Adventure
Sep 18 02:30 AM Catch And Release
Sep 18 03:30 AM A Short Time In Paradise
Sep 18 04:30 AM Blind Spot

Sep 19 10:00 PM The Unusual Suspects
Sep 20 01:00 AM The Unusual Suspects

Sep 20 11:00 PM The Unusual Suspects
Sep 23 11:00 PM The Unusual Suspects

Source : SyFy schedule

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 31 Jul 2011, 15:53

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Search: