menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 23:33 | Message # 61
Group: Administrators
Casting scoop (see message #33)

Lost/No Ordinary Family alumn Rebecca Mader will play "a mysterious Alpha" in an upcoming episode, said unofficially a rep for Alphas (Source : tvline)

It's still unknown on which episode she will appear but it's within the first 10 and her character's special ability "has to be seen to be believed".

And now the photo on stage (Rebecca Mader is the blond girl) :

Tomorrow you'll get a photo of one of the guests announced today, guess which one biggrin

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Jason_ConnorDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 23:34 | Message # 62
Group: Friends
Ryan cartwright tweeted he thinks ep. 7 for the Summer Glau episode

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 23:46 | Message # 63
Quote (Jason_Connor)
Ryan cartwright tweeted he thinks ep. 7 for the Summer Glau episode

Thanks for the tip!
I had previously calculated between 5 and 8, so that matches.

TheSaviorDate: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 03:18 | Message # 64
isnt Mahershalalhashbaz Ali [playing Richard Tyler in "the 4400"] the same acton present in the secons shows of Alphas^ O_o
Is possible, after all this years, theyr are using all the actor i like, to be casted for the Alpahs? very strange... =_=

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

TheSaviorDate: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 03:42 | Message # 65
PS. In the 2nd show of alphas at 25:42/25:43 one of the alphas is wearing...."two hands of blue"!!! Is thata a Cameo? A reference to Firefly for just 2 seconds? ^^ Why just Hicks is wearing those gloves? XD

[P.P.S. ok now i have seen it all..is more than just 2 secs...but still Hicks is the only to wear those "two by two hands of blue" XD]

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

Message edited by TheSavior - Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 04:02

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 12:34 | Message # 66
Quote (TheSavior)
isnt Mahershalalhashbaz Ali [playing Richard Tyler in "the 4400"] the same acton present in the secons shows of Alphas^ O_o Is possible, after all this years, theyr are using all the actor i like, to be casted for the Alpahs? very strange... =_=

Yes it's the same actor.

The reason he is in Alphas is due to filming locations : The 4400 was supposed to be set in Seattle but was filmed in Vancouver, just like Alphas is supposed to be set in New York but is filmed in Toronto.

The productions costs are cheaper in Canada compared to USA, this is why a lot of tv shows are filmed there. This explains why you find the same actors in these series all over again.
This trend dates back to the 90's when The X-Files where filmed in Vancouver for the first five years before heading back to California. Show creator Chris Carter said at the time he liked the lights in the woods near Vancouver : lights my foot!

Similarly, a lot of movies are delocated to East European countries because of cheaper productions costs, or less restrictives laws or less powerfull actors trade unions.

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 16:24 | Message # 67
One knows that i usually back what i say with proofs or serious hints but sometimes it's necessary to speculate; there is one point i wanted to discuss about Summer coming to Alphas. I had to wait till it became offcial and now is the time.
I'm sure you all remember when Summer sent a letter to Starfury T3 organisater saying she could not make it. The formulation she used was intriguing and we mentioned it here : she said "a job i'm thinking of taking".
Now that we know it's a guest spot on Alphas, id' like we try to figure out what it means; i'm aware we cannot know the truth but without going too deep into Summer's life,at least we can make assumptions.

My guess is that all this is connected to a point we've discussed here many times : is it more profitable for Summer's carreer to quit the scifi field? I think this is a matter she asked herself before accepting the role on Alphas.
To my knowledge, Summer has never addressed that topic directly; she's asked in every interview why she has so many roles in the scifi genre but each time her answer is not satisfying.
Last example at KOB panel :
Quote (movieviral.com)
Summer was asked why she keeps coming back to fantasy and sci-fi, and she says it’s simply because they are great roles.

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 17:17 | Message # 68
Quote (michelangelo)
Tomorrow you'll get a photo of one of the guests announced today, guess which one biggrin

As i promessed :

Brent Spiner, supposed to guest star in episode 9 :

And in case you did not recognized him, here is a picture dating from the 90's when he played the androïd Data in tv show/movies Star Trek: The Next Generation :

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 17:17 | Message # 69
By collecting informations here and there, here is my guess for Summer's guest appearance on Alphas :

Season 1 Episode 7: Catch and Release
Air Date : 22 August 2011

Warning, a change in airing order is always a possibility

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 20:52 | Message # 70
Quote (michelangelo)
And in case you did not recognized him, here is a picture dating from the 90's when he played the androïd Data in tv show/movies Star Trek: The Next Generation :

Seeing this picture of Data reminded me how awesome TNG was. I think I will watch it again!

BTW I read that TNG was Summers favorite show when she was a kid, so she will be happy if she meets with "Data".

Here is the link:
http://www.scifitv.com.au/Blog....terview

Quote (michelangelo)
Air Date : 22 August 2011

I hope I won't run out of Tess episodes till then.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 21:08 | Message # 71
Quote (Blazius)
TNG was Summers favorite show when she was a kid, so she will be happy if she meets with "Data".

Alas not on Alphas given that Summer was on set June 28th and Brent Spiner was on set two days ago, both for guest star appearance; but i'm sure she's already met him on premieres of movies or on conventions.

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 24 Jul 2011, 21:22 | Message # 72
I thought that maybe they can meet when the whole staff is together, maybe an end season party but you are right. They surely already met before somewhere else.

Thats a good thing when you are an actor. You can meet with your favorite actor pretty easily and you don't have to wait for a convention.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011, 14:49 | Message # 73
Screencaps of Summer Glau as a guest star on Alphas shown at the end of last Monday episode

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011, 14:52 | Message # 74
Quote (Blazius)
Please just don't say that Summer will play a lawyer. I don't want it to be about lawyers and politics. I want Summer to do something exceptional.

A lawyer! Summer doen't seem to be dressed as a lawyer in these screencaps. You still have a few things to learn young Padawan tongue

DevoDate: Tuesday, 26 Jul 2011, 16:23 | Message # 75
RAWR!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Search: