menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
John85 Post # 601 | Sunday, 23 Feb 2014 - 00:47
Group: Friends
Alphas is popular in France & Nina Theroux is a french name ! smile
Wish they could have had Laura & Warren record that in French since they are fluent in it.

Imagine if a French network bought it after it got cancelled & partnered up with a british network to keep it alive.
They could have Laura as the face of its ad campaign in France along with Warren & Ryan Cartwright for England along with Azita.

I'm on twitter @LMennellFans & @JP_1085

chrisdvanne_ Post # 602 | Sunday, 23 Feb 2014 - 08:20
Group: Administrators
Quote John85 ()
Alphas is popular in France & Nina Theroux is a french name !
Wish they could have had Laura & Warren record that in French since they are fluent in it.

My thoughts exactly! It would have been way cooler to hear Laura and Warren speak French.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 603 | Friday, 07 Mar 2014 - 16:28
Alphas S02E13 "God's Eye"

Kat: "You did it! Even after all that crap you pulled. You did it."
Rachel: "We did it!"
Skylar: "Mostly I did it...Whatever...YAY, TEAM."

SARCASM AT ITS BEST! biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 604 | Monday, 14 Apr 2014 - 17:25
Fun Fact: Skylar Adams's line "Happyness is a warm gun", from Alphas 2.12 "Need To Know" is a reference to a song by The Beatles.

"Happiness Is a Warm Gun" is a song by the Beatles, featured on the eponymous double-disc album The Beatles, also known as The White Album, which was released on 22 November 1968

chrisdvanne_ Post # 605 | Friday, 16 May 2014 - 09:24
Alphas inspired an entire episode of The Big Bang Theory as Sheldon doggedly pursued writer Bruce Miller to resolve the plot point).

From bigbangtheory.wikia.com:

Alphas is a sci-fi television series about a team with extraordinary abilities solving crimes linked to others like them. It aired on Syfy for two seasons and was cancelled leaving it on an unresolved cliffhanger.

Alphas is mentioned in "The Closure Alternative" (S06E21) as being one of Sheldon's favorite TV shows. Naturally, Sheldon is devastated that the show had been cancelled before it could end properly, so he calls Syfy to try to save Alphas, but they hang up on him because they think he's crazy even though his mother had him tested. This leads Amy to try and cure Sheldon's compulsive need for closure, but as soon as she leaves, her task proves to be all for naught. Afterwards, Sheldon calls Bruce Miller, the writer of the last Alphas episode, on how the cliffhanger would be resolved and hangs up, apparently disappointed with the response.

On the same topic - Alphas's cliffhanger -, you can read the following blog post: Zak Penn drops Alphas season 3 hints

chrisdvanne_ Post # 606 | Friday, 23 May 2014 - 12:25
I updated the photo gallery with a new/old UHQ production still from episode 1.07 "Catch and Release" of Alphas. In the - now in UHQ - picture, Summer Glau (who plays Skylar Adams) and Laura Mennell (who plays Nina Theroux) say hello (and goodbye) to Bob. Enjoy!

UHQ production still from episode 1.07 'Catch and Release' of Alphas, with Summer Glau as Skylar Adams and Laura Mennell as Nina Theroux.

Summer Glau as Skylar Adam) and Laura Mennell as
Nina Theroux say hello (and goodbye) to Bob in Alphas
1.07 'Catch and Release'.

Watch more production stills from Alphas season one in the Gallery.

Thanks to our friend John from Laura Mennell Fans for the find.

John85 Post # 607 | Friday, 23 May 2014 - 12:57
Quote chrisdvanne ()
I updated the photo gallery with a new/old UHQ production still from episode 1.07 "Catch and Release" of Alphas. In the - now in UHQ - picture, Summer Glau (who plays Skylar Adams) and Laura Mennell (who plays Nina Theroux) say hello (and goodbye) to Bob. Enjoy!

UHQ production still from episode 1.07 'Catch and Release' of Alphas, with Summer Glau as Skylar Adams and Laura Mennell as Nina Theroux.

Summer Glau as Skylar Adam) and Laura Mennell as
Nina Theroux say hello (and goodbye) to Bob in Alphas
1.07 'Catch and Release'.

Watch more production stills from Alphas season one in the Gallery.

I cant believe its been 3 years already since season 1.
The time thats gone by they would be working on season 4 if it was renewed for S3 & S4.

I'm on twitter @LMennellFans & @JP_1085

chrisdvanne_ Post # 608 | Sunday, 25 May 2014 - 23:34
Sorry to hear that Kara from Azita Ghanizada Fans had to close down her fansite but real life always comes first.

She was a good friend and she will be missed.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 609 | Friday, 30 May 2014 - 16:29
Our friend John at Tumblr fan page "Laura Mennell Fans" had the pleasure of interviewing the Alphas's alum. In this interview, Laura talks about her new role as prosecutor Samantha Turner on the Canadian crime drama "Motives", being a vegetarian, her love for cats and much more.

John kindly offered other fans the possibility of asking their questions to Laura, including yours truly.
Find a few excerpts from this exclusive interview with Laura Mennell in the News section.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 610 | Thursday, 27 Nov 2014 - 20:21
Larger versions of previously released episodes stills from Syfy's superhero drama Alphas have been added to the photo gallery.

Watch them at: Alphas Episode Stills - Gallery Update

chrisdvanne_ Post # 611 | Wednesday, 17 Dec 2014 - 20:19
Got something you'd like to ask Alphas and Jeff 1000 creator Michael Karnow?
We are pleased to announce Karnow graciously agreed to grant us an exclusive interview.

Read more: Send Your Questions For An Interview With Jeff 1000 Creator Michael Karnow

chrisdvanne_ Post # 612 | Monday, 21 Sep 2015 - 14:10
Remember Summer Glau's on-screen daughter Zoe, played by Skyler Wexler?

Summer Glau's on-screen daughter Zoe, played by Skyler Wexler

Here's Skyler singing Disney's and Idina Menzel's version of the chart breaking song from the movie - FROZEN. Let it Go , performed with Marlowe & the Mix in Toronto.

KevinInEngland Post # 613 | Monday, 21 Sep 2015 - 17:33
# 612 Interestingly, her surname/last name is the same as Brooke Wexler in your previous post.  Both knew Summer Glau in Alphas & Sequestered respectively.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 614 | Monday, 21 Sep 2015 - 18:54
Quote KevinInEngland ()
Interestingly, her surname/last name is the same as Brooke Wexler in your previous post.  Both knew Summer Glau in Alphas & Sequestered respectively.

I noticed. Wexler is also the name of Summer's most recent manager; it's the name of her husband actually, who is also a talent agent.

Here's a photo of Summer with her manager at Comic Con 2010.

Summer Glau with her manager at Comic Con 2010

chrisdvanne_ Post # 615 | Wednesday, 07 Sep 2016 - 20:00
My good friend John and huge Laura Mennell (who plays Nina Theroux in ALPHAS) fan got the chance to interview his favorite actress. Laura talks about her recent work in SyFy’s upcoming series 'Van Helsing' & other upcoming projects.

You can read this interview on his Tumblr page: Exclusive Interview with Actress Laura Mennell by John at ‘Laura Mennell Fans‘

Here's a promotional - and slightly creepy - photo of Laura's redheaded Rebecca in Syfy's Van Helsing.

Laura Mennell as redheaded Rebecca in Syfy's Van Helsing.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Search: