menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 18:22 | Message # 46
Group: Administrators
Did you get that Blazius, Ira Steven Beher and Summer Glau are reunited after meeting in The 4400.
And he said "he'd just seen Glau's episode and that she's "terrific" in it".

It dooes bode well for Summer's episode.

Apparently Behr is faithful to people he worked with previously : he worked with Brent Spiner on Star Trek : New Generation and with Summer Glau as well as with Garret Dillahunt on The 4400.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

DevoDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 18:31 | Message # 47
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Devo)Fermi has been getting much better at the photoshoop. cool biggrin Try to get what Zak Penn says about Summer's apperance (post #42) on the show instead of critisizing the boss

One thing that stood out above all else was how he mentioned the show would not follow a villain of the week format.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 18:51 | Message # 48
Quote (Devo)
One thing that stood out above all else was how he mentioned the show would not follow a villain of the week format.

They say one thing and their contrary the following minute because they want to lure the broader audience as possible. They will not say the show is heavily serialised or the show is a procedurial; they will say the show is a little bit of both.

My first impression is that it's a procedurial with some serialized elements like the Red Flad organization; and it will have a villain of the week imo, except maybe one or two episodes among the first season. Summer will be one of these villain with a terrifying power imo (i'm still waiting for your guess Devo).

At least we will not wait wait a whole season to learn what its' all about (i'm looking at The Event, or V, or ven The Cape), Penn said we will learn about the myhtologie of the show (Wheeler vocabulary) in the next 10 days (meaning in two episodes).

DevoDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 19:04 | Message # 49
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Devo)One thing that stood out above all else was how he mentioned the show would not follow a villain of the week format. They say one thing and their contrary the following minute because they want to lure the broader audience as possible. They will not say the show is heavily serialised or the show is a procedurial; they will say the show is a little bit of both. My first impression is that it's a procedurial with some serialized elements like the Red Flad organization; and it will have a villain of the week imo, except maybe one or two episodes among the first season. Summer will be one of these villain with a terrifying power imo (i'm still waiting for your guess Devo). At least we will not wait wait a whole season to learn what its' all about (i'm looking at The Event, or V, or ven The Cape), Penn said we will learn about the myhtologie of the show (Wheeler vocabulary) in the next 10 days (meaning in two episodes).

This is rad because it sounds like she has the potential to become an arch villain. Which means recurring role. biggrin

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 19:14 | Message # 50
Easy Devo, when i say Summer will play a villain, this is just me guessing from the bits of informations we have; but at least you can reckon i was right from the start about Summer guest starring on Alphas.

Can you confirm what Penn says about the guest stars on the video at 2:23 and at the end (message #42)? There is a lot of noise and i could not understand everything.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 19:17 | Message # 51
There is also the possibility that she comes back if the audience likes her, like for Spike on Buffy; this is what they usually do with the villain of the week, he doesn't die at the end of the episode.

DevoDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 19:18 | Message # 52
Quote (michelangelo)
Easy Devo, when i say Summer will play a villain, this is just me guessing from the bits of informations we have; but at least you can reckon i was right from the start about Summer guest starring on Alphas. Can you confirm what Penn says about the guest stars on the video at 2:23 and at the end (message #42)? There is a lot of noise and i could not understand everything.

He says "In order" so he is most likely referring to in order of appearance.

I love Brent and Garret, but if he meant in order of awesomeness then I am fine with that too. biggrin

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 20:08 | Message # 53
Thanks, this is also what i've understood.

So Summer will appear fist among the 3 of them, though it should not be in the next two weeks imo.
Alaina Huffman should guest star on Alphas before Summer from what i know (but not next Monday unless this 31 year old actress plays a teen); she was on set on June 14th whereas Summer was there on June 28th.

Also hard to tell because it seems that SyFy switched episode 2 and episode 3.

Edit : Brent Spiner will appear on episode 9 (exclusive info) so Summer should guest star between episode 5 and 8 if my calculations are correct.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 21:37

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 21:10 | Message # 54
Seen on twitter :

RyanCartwright Ryan Cartwright
Oh, apparently Summer Glau has no twitter so... Pretty sure it was the real Summer who filmed with us... hmm

Side note : Ryan Cartwright plays Gary Bell on the show

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 21:57 | Message # 55
Quote (michelangelo)
Did you get that Blazius, Ira Steven Beher and Summer Glau are reunited after meeting in The 4400.
And he said "he'd just seen Glau's episode and that she's "terrific" in it".

It dooes bode well for Summer's episode.

Apparently Behr is faithful to people he worked with previously : he worked with Brent Spiner on Star Trek : New Generation and with Summer Glau as well as with Garret Dillahunt on The 4400.

Thats great they are together again. Mr. Behr always knew who is the good actor or the good character and in his episodes they always got the deserved attention. He also handled them very well and they were used to their full potential. Brent Spiner was the best actor in TNG IMO and he succeeded to bring depth and balance to an android character just like Summer. Behr knows who is good and the fact that he sees Summer as a good actress too speaks volumes about who good is her.

And if Behr hasn't changed since TNG and DS9 terrific from his mouth means that we will get a literally terrific episode!

I like the idea that Summer will be a villain minor or major. Also I very like promo picture. Summers beauty mixes with the chilly, icy colors and background. If her character is anything like the picture than we will not be disappointed.

Of course there are many "if" in my sentences but the signs seem very favorable so far.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 22:02 | Message # 56
As you say there is many if; we're not even sure she will play a vilain.

I have refined my calculations from the tidbits of informations that i have and she should guest stars between 5 and 8. We should to wait a little to see Summer back on screen.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 22:16

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 22:12 | Message # 57
As for if it will be serialized or not, I think that they should take the route of the above mentioned more classical sci-fis. They were hybrids of the two type with episodes which were stand alone and occasionally with long story archs. These kind of shows were succesful in the past and they could be succesful again.

And I hope that Summer will get a nice ability, I just so love when she does something crazy biggrin

Edit:
Quote (michelangelo)
We should to wait a little to see Summer back on screen.

I hope that she will stay longer this time. A recurring villain role would make my dreams come true!

Message edited by Blazius - Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 22:27

FermiDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 22:31 | Message # 58
Alphas co-creator and Avengers writer Zak Penn about Summers guest spot
First of all, you'll see various bureaucratic types throughout the show, but one of the things that we really wanted to capture is that normally the government isn't run like Charlie's Angels [...] Rosen has had to navigate this bureaucracy and we're into the banal humorous side of bureaucracy, the fact that in a situation like this, things wouldn't run smoothly. You would have [...] screw ups. There's an episode coming up, there's one with Summer Glau guest-stars in an episode and there's a lot of departmental confusion about what's going on.

http://io9.com/5824120/

You can't stop the signal!

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 22:41 | Message # 59
Please just don't say that Summer will play a lawyer. I don't want it to be about lawyers and politics. I want Summer to do something exceptional. Michelangelos idea sounded good with the worst fear ability, I want something like that.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 23:02 | Message # 60
Josh Friedman about Riley's introduction in TSCC : "John needs a NORMAL girl in his life"

Rule number one : don't believe them!

Edit : as usual, Summer is the most buzzworthy actor among the guest star annouced at SDCC (also don't forget Lyndsay Wagner). You can see that by counting the articles dedicated to each actors and the titles of the articles.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 23:16

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Search: