[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 38 of 42«1236373839404142»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 12:58 | Message # 556
Group: Administrators
Quote (REG)
can u link to those pics please?

Several Hawaii Five-0's cast and crew member have posted on Twitter photos with them and Summer Glau on set; this is how we learned about her guest appearance on the show, btw (of course it was staged in order to create the buzz before an official press release comes out).

Daniel Dae Kim, aka DDK, who plays one of the Five-0 team member, was one of the posters, here's one of his photos with Summer:

On Set

You can watch the other on set photos in the Gallery.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 13:00 | Message # 557
Group: Friends
Sorry Reg, I don't know who DDK is. Chris tells me he is someone who works with Hawaii Five-0 which I don't want and will never watch......... except for the SG episode.
(This is because I never watched the original series on the grounds that the European invasion over hundreds of years has turned Hawaii in to America, another drug, gun, crime. I think it is a shame and according to someone I knew that went to Hawaii for a holiday, some local indigenous Hawaiians don't like having Americans in their country).

REGDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 17:24 | Message # 558
Quote (KevinInEngland)
Sorry Reg, I don't know who DDK is. Chris tells me he is someone who works with Hawaii Five-0 which I don't want and will never watch......... except for the SG episode.
(This is because I never watched the original series on the grounds that the European invasion over hundreds of years has turned Hawaii in to America, another drug, gun, crime. I think it is a shame and according to someone I knew that went to Hawaii for a holiday, some local indigenous Hawaiians don't like having Americans in their country).

i recognize him from Angel. i think i saw that pic on twitter a little while ago. though i don't know him by name.

and i never watched Hawaii Five-0 either. it's not my type of show. but i will watch the Summer episodes out of interest to see what kind of character she plays.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 05 Mar 2013, 16:37 | Message # 559
Alphas's creator Zak Penn and actress Azita Ghanizada, who plays Rachel on Syfy's serie, posted online two lovely pictures of the cast of Alphas at a dinner party hosted by Zak Penn.

Alphas Cast Dining Party - March 3, 2013

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 09 Mar 2013, 09:12 | Message # 560
One more picture at Penn's dinner party:

robboDate: Saturday, 09 Mar 2013, 10:53 | Message # 561
geat pictures of summer glau and the alphas team, i wonder if the party was to take the edge of the cancellation of alphas by zak penn, or was it before and he just fancied having a party, i hope they still keep in touch with each other that would be great. smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 09 Mar 2013, 13:41 | Message # 562
My personal opinion is: If I was Zak Penn and had the opportunity to have 4 hotties all in 1 place, his home and then photograph them to prove it, then I most certainly would.
After all, they are actresses and gives him more upmanship.

"Look who I had in my house the other day".

"omg You did..... WOW!!!!!"

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013, 14:46 | Message # 563
On Set

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013, 14:57 | Message # 564
I had never heard of him he was unfamiliar to me, but imdb tells me he was in 4 Alphas episodes, as Cornell Scipio.
No doubt if I watched it again, I'd see him but I'm sorry to say I have not a clue what part he played.

Is it possible that sometimes lesser known actors get pictures of themselves with well-known actors/actresses so that they can be noticed more?
It's strange but he has been in lots of films but I don't recall ever seeing him.
That being said, Summer is only famous to us because of Firefly and TSCC.  She is still unfamiliar to many people.  I know this because when I mention her name, like Dakota Fanning, English people don't know who they are. (Especially the older generation).

I had no idea that Scotty Spinks barely appeared in Help For The Holiday until I watched it.  I'm sure being photographed with her made his entire life.  Nice.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013, 15:03

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013, 15:29 | Message # 565
Quote (KevinInEngland)
Is it possible that sometimes lesser known actors get pictures of themselves with well-known actors/actresses so that they can be noticed more?

I have no idea what you're talking about wink

Here are photos featuring "Supergirl" Laura Vandervoort with Summer Glau, Marvel Comics's Stan Lee and the original Batman Adam West, taken at 2012 Dallas Comic Con:

Dallas Comic Con May 19 - 20, 2012
Laura Vandervoort with Stan Lee at Dallas Comic Con May 19 - 20, 2012
Laura Vandervoort with Stan Lee at Dallas Comic Con May 19 - 20, 2012

But the champion in that area is probably Alphas's Azita Ghanizada. Summer Glau doesn't use these methods, from the simple fact that she has no way to advertise such photos online. If you ask me, I think those actors are right to do this; they are in the show business and getting more exposure or working around their public image is part of the job imo.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 03 Jun 2013, 14:20 | Message # 566
Find below a deleted scene from the second season of Syfy's superhero drama 'Alphas', taken from the season 2 DVD box-set. In this scene from the second season finale, the women of Alphas are working together when Hicks comes into the room and Skylar (played by Summer Glau) teases Nina (Laura Mennell), under the amused looks of Rachel (Azita Ghanizada) and Kat (Erin Way).

The deleted footage starts at the end of the scene, after Skylar says "It's time to go save the world".

Thanks to Johnny Pargee for having provided us with this first look at the Extras of Alphas Season 2 DVD.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 03 Jun 2013, 15:02 | Message # 567
Here's the gag reel from Alphas season 2, directly from the DVD set of Syfy's superhero drama, to be released on July 16, 2013. Enjoy.

This extract features two scenes from the second season finale "God's Eye", including an hilarious scene in which Rachel (played by Azita Ghanizada) calls Skylar (played by Summer Glau) by her real life name "Summer".

Thanks to Johnny Pargee for having provided us with this first look at the Extras of Alphas Season 2 DVD.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 13:02 | Message # 568
From the #Alphas S02 DVD gag reel:

Laura Mennell: "I have so much hair in my face, let's do it again". LOL

After part of the ceiling is coming down, Waren Christie to Laura Mennell: "Your powers are growing!"

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 13:33 | Message # 569
I often wondered whether they made mistakes. They're not so perfect after all.
In the last picture, is that what happened?

Here is something which just happened and it is absolutely true;
I have 2 SKY boxes, one in my bedroom and one in the sitting room which is starting to play up because of it's age.
I phoned Sky support team.
The guy who took my phone call was named Sunny.  I think his temperament suited his name.
I told him about TSCC and Summer Glau.  I later suggested that they might be twins. It took a couple of seconds for the joke to click.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 08 Aug 2013, 08:00 | Message # 570
Quote (KevinInEngland)
I often wondered whether they made mistakes. They're not so perfect after all.
In the last picture, is that what happened?

The actors didn't missed their line but the piece of ceiling coming down made a lot of noise (and was visible on screen) and ruined the take.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Page 38 of 42«1236373839404142»
Search: