[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 37 of 42«1235363738394142»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 22 Jan 2013, 02:08 | Message # 541
Group: Administrators
Interesting article: 'Where did Alphas go wrong?'

There was word that the show would be cancelled after the performance of the second half of the first season, but, seeing the devoted fanbase, and not having anything in the pipeline to replace it with, Syfy renewed the show for a seconds season. That season started on a high note, but quickly faded, hitting a peak when Summer Glau guest starred for an episode, but otherwise failing dismally. Not only did the season just keep losing viewers, but now Syfy has several projects to replace it with, like the new Defiance and Helix fantasy action serials.

Read more at tgdaily

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Tuesday, 22 Jan 2013, 02:49 | Message # 542
Group: Friends
where did alphas go wrong was interesting to read, same old subject money, viewership talk of compairing it with heroes, but they seem to forget heroes was on nbc. and not scfy which is a rubbish channel scfy its got wrestling on it didnt no wrestling was scfy. the uk scfy is absolutely awfull there is only one show on thats worth watching, maybe could have done with more alphas in the original team with powers plus skylar adams in as a regular with the team, scfy channel will always lose viewers its such a poor network, it will be interesting to see what ratings defiance gets cant see it lasting long on scfy, it will be worth a look when it comes out. just my thoughts. smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 22 Jan 2013, 04:16 | Message # 543
If the show is failing or weak, bring in Summer Glau.
Hawaii Five O is a show I would never watch but they have decided to bring in Summer Glau, so it's pretty obvious that Hawaii Five O is failing too.
I really don't want to watch Hawaii Five O, even with her in it but I will, just out of interest.

Summer is an actress that has her own strengths and being ordinary run of the mill girl is not one of them.

If only someone could give her a really good role that takes advantage of her speaking ability and acting without making her boring, that would be great.
I could listen to her all day speaking to Vince on the roof in The Cape, or Cameron in any of her modes (AY,CP or just CB).

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 22 Jan 2013, 09:48 | Message # 544
Quote (KevinInEngland)
Hawaii Five O is a show I would never watch but they have decided to bring in Summer Glau, so it's pretty obvious that Hawaii Five O is failing too.

Have you not consider the possibility that they would bring her in because she's a successful actress among her peers? Procedural tv shows need a lot of guest stars, but i have the feeling that each of Summer Glau's appareances generate more buzz than for the ordinary run of the mill guest star.

Quote (KevinInEngland)
I really don't want to watch Hawaii Five O, even with her in it but I will, just out of interest.

May a lot of Nielsen families have the same reasoning as yours wink

Quote (KevinInEngland)
Summer is an actress that has her own strengths and being ordinary run of the mill girl is not one of them.

Wonderfully said!

Quote (KevinInEngland)
If only someone could give her a really good role that takes advantage of her speaking ability and acting without making her boring, that would be great.

My greatest wish smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 22 Jan 2013, 10:44 | Message # 545
When the original Hawaii5o was on many years ago, I watched some of it but lost interest.  I remember why that was.  Hawaii was once an island paradise but has been so Americanized and bred-out that I can't bear to think that all this crime might be going on there.
That is what the Americans have done to it.

I asked my distant lady Cousin in Australia, aged approx 66 whether she watches it and she said 'no' but she used to when it first came out years ago.  'It will never be the same'.
We both agreed that bringing Dallas out again was a big mistake too - I did watch a couple of episodes but lost interest.

So, having an oriental kick boxer or whatever he is, leading the show, really really really really really puts me off
and to think that Summer is part of that peeves me a little.

Like I said, I will watch the episode with her in it to see whether lil' ol' Summer can match up to the burly big street fighters.   I find it un-credible to be honest but we will see.  Perhaps her opponent will be a wisp just like Summer.

Like I said Chris, I will watch it, like I watched Alphas and take on board any good points that I see.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 06 Feb 2013, 18:52 | Message # 546
Alphas showrunner Bruce Miller is thanking via Twitter the actors and crew members who worked on the show.

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 06 Feb 2013, 19:22 | Message # 547
Regarding the above tweet Chris, I dug a little deeper to see which eps. he was involved in.
Somebody tell me if I am wrong but surely all Americans know when the American civil war started, so that would not take a lot of verifying.
Here is what I found after a little more checking (apart from actually watching the episodes, he was one of the Executive Producers.)

I needed to know for a particular reason which seems to peeve me more than others.

Alphas (TV series) (executive producer - 4 episodes)

Jul 23 2012 ep1 – Wake Up Call (2012) (executive producer)
Aug 6 2012 ep2 – Alpha Dogs (2012) (executive producer)
Jul 30 2012 ep3 – The Quick and the Dead (2012) (executive producer)

season 2 ep9 – The Devil Will Drag You Under (2012) (executive producer)

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 06 Feb 2013, 20:13 | Message # 548
Quote (KevinInEngland)
I dug a little deeper to see which eps. he was involved in.

He was involved in all episodes of Alphas in the second season since he was the showrunner (just like Josh Friedman was involved in every episodes of TSCC); IMDb datas are incomplete.

Syfy’s drama Alphas is heading into Season 2 with a new showrunner. Bruce Miller has joined the series starring David Strathairn as executive producer/showrunner. He replaces Ira Steven Behr, who is departing after running the series in its first season.

Source: Dealine

You can also read this interesting article: 'Alphas'' Bruce Miller on the challenges of running a TV show at latimes

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 06 Feb 2013, 20:38 | Message # 549
I read his latimes interview. To be honest I think he told us what he wanted us to hear and that wan't really much. What clothes to wear and what colour to wear was repeated twice. I don't think the actors comfort was considered enough. Why should they have to travel all the way to Canada time and again when, although possibly more expensive, the filming could have been done in nice warm LA where much of the story was supposed to take place. I remember James Cameron had to be told that his actors were not robots, they were human beings. Overall, I think Alphas lacked something important, something which made my mind wander when dialogue was taking place.
It must be true because the show was cancelled. I was always riveted throughout TSCC, even after watching it 3 or 4 times.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 06 Feb 2013, 23:02 | Message # 550
This is how Hollywood (and every other business) works; you do something nice for me, even if it's contractual, and i thank you for that. And in return the other replies it was a pleasure working with you.

REGDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 02:57 | Message # 551
Quote (KevinInEngland)
I could listen to her all day speaking to Vince on the roof in The Cape, or Cameron in any of her modes (AY,CP or just CB).

what are those abbreviations? what do they stand for?

Quote (KevinInEngland)
I will watch it, like I watched Alphas and take on board any good points that I see.

i watched Alphas because i like sci-fi and Summer being in it was a bonus.

i really want to see her succeed and get on a show, or her own show where she's the lead.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 03:10

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 11:02 | Message # 552
Quote (slkpg)
Yes, but this does not fully explain the intensity of the praise. Another factor is that her peers probably like her. At a Comicon, Shirley Manson commented "age over beauty," simultaneously calling herself old and Summer beautiful.

Among production staff, her work ethic is probably part of the admiration. Also that she does her own stunts, making production easier and the product better.

Joss Whedon said that she displays "a vulnerability that is beyond magnetic." Her peers see what we see, but are better qualified to judge the merits of it.

Her appeal is difficult to quantify. She just has a certain je ne sais quoi.

Sure! The qualities we appreciate in her (even if we don't always put words on it) must have have an echo among her peers.

About her doing her own stunts, you can read my latest Blogpost: Hawaii Five-0 - Fight scene and stunt double

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 11:12 | Message # 553
hello Reg. Come on Reggie boy, get with it. You will say "oh yeah of course" when I say AY, CP or jusT CB is Allison Young, Cameron Philips or just Cameron Baum. If you use twitter and speak with @leah_Steger @ogy86 & even 'The man'; @ChrisDVanne , you will see that I have encouraged them to understand the initials of the Terminator Characters, because all but one is unique.
You will probably know that tweets have to be kept short, so abbreviating names is much more efficient.
Are you a tweeter? I'm @KevinInEssexUK - because my name is quite common.

Getting back to the above subject. You are right, Summer is a bonus and liking sci-fi is reason enough to get double pleasure.
(For me, the inclusion off 'Heroes'-type characters and too much copying TSCC and references put me off the series. But that is me and it did not stop me watching it). I like Azita Ghanizada very much, she is a credit to Afghanistani women and I cannot stop giving her praise for what she has accomplished in her life. @She's a big tweeter - did you know that?

It's nice to see tweets from other names that you are familiar with, such as Chola in TSCC; @SabrinaPerez57
and @JewelStaite
The former even replies - she is very nice. Admittedly some of the spanish twitters have what appear to us English speaking people, strange quotations and sayings.

bfn

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 11:37

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 11:31 | Message # 554
Quote (KevinInEngland)
hello Reg. Come on Reggie boy, get with it. You will say "oh yeah of course" when I say AY, CP or jusT CB is Allison Young, Cameron Philips or just Cameron Baum.

I'm with Richard on this one tongue

Each media has his own codes and this forum should not use Twitter codes, for many reasons; firstly because we are not limited by the number of characters we can type. Secondly, if many fans are simultaneously on Twitter and in this website, not everyone is. Also we should always have in mind the lurkers, who are the vast majority of the visitors. We should keep that in mind in order to have a forum that everyone can enjoy reading.

That said, i'm with you on one point Kevin, in that i encourage the presence on various platforms, take a look at my signature below if you're not convinced biggrin

REGDate: Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 11:51 | Message # 555
Quote (KevinInEngland)
hello Reg. Come on Reggie boy, get with it. You will say "oh yeah of course" when I say AY, CP or jusT CB is Allison Young, Cameron Philips or just Cameron Baum. If you use twitter and speak with @leah_Steger @ogy86 & even 'The man'; @ChrisDVanne , you will see that I have encouraged them to understand the initials of the Terminator Characters, because all but one is unique.
You will probably know that tweets have to be kept short, so abbreviating names is much more efficient.
Are you a tweeter? I'm @KevinInEssexUK - because my name is quite common.

Getting back to the above subject. You are right, Summer is a bonus and liking sci-fi is reason enough to get double pleasure.
(For me, the inclusion off 'Heroes'-type characters and too much copying TSCC and references put me off the series. But that is me and it did not stop me watching it). I like Azita Ghanizada very much, she is a credit to Afghanistani women and I cannot stop giving her praise for what she has accomplished in her life. @She's a big tweeter - did you know that?

It's nice to see tweets from other names that you are familiar with, such as Chola in TSCC; @SabrinaPerez57
and @JewelStaite
The former even replies - she is very nice. Admittedly some of the spanish twitters have what appear to us English speaking people, strange quotations and sayings.

bfn

yes it's so obvious now that it's right there in B&W. but i have been away from this forum and haven't really been following Summer news for the last few months. but i am slowly getting back into it...

yes i'm a tweeter. i was addicted last year, checking my feed every spare moment i had. but i have it under control now. i have un-followed many feeds that i realized i wasn't reading.
you can use a tweet lengthening service like twitlonger to write longer tweets. though you have to click the generated link which will open up in your browser so you can read the entire message.

the Heroes-type characters are pretty generic but they put a different spin on it so it kept my interest for a second season. i wonder if season 3 will be the last? i hope not because i have just started to enjoy it.

Quote (slkpg)
Pro after pro after pro gushes about Summer, as they should. The H50 picture with DDK looked like a typical fan photo. We are all fans of hers.

can u link to those pics please?

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Friday, 08 Feb 2013, 12:04

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Page 37 of 42«1235363738394142»
Search: