[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 36 of 42«1234353637384142»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
The1RussterDate: Saturday, 22 Dec 2012, 15:23 | Message # 526
Group: Writer
Its all a matter of taste Kevin. Right now The Big Bang Theory is the only sit-com I watch. I can't stand the others presently on network TV. A couple of seasons ago they paired TBBT up with a William Shatner sitcom and that was good. I enjoyed that one. The majority of sit-coms I watch hail from your shores. Though they are all programs that have ceased producing new episodes a long time ago, I find them more enjoyable then the crap produced here in the US and passed off as comedy. My favorite Brit-coms, as we call them over here, As Time Goes By, Last of the Summer Wine, Vicar of Dibley, and the occasional episode of Open All Hours, and Are You Being Served.

------

Good to hear Alphas is still on the table.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 22 Dec 2012, 22:07 | Message # 527
Group: Friends
tongue Sorry I'm late in getting back on this one Russ. Yep, we all like different things sad
surprised One series that I always liked and they are showing reruns over here is 'Gimme Gimme Gimme' wacko
cry It is about an inept homosexual, who I love for his humour and an even more socially inept 40-something female dry
cry Who shares a flat in London with him. I think that Americans, possibly Canadians too would find the humour cool
Disgusting, Rude, homophobic, gingeobic (new word that I made up), and so on, yet despite this it makes my mother laugh.
So, having shocked both my daughters when they found my mother laughing at this humour, I have to admit I was too. All of us in a funny way, as we thought she lived in the Victorian times and was stuck in a time-loop.
There are not any parts of the body on show, just awful suggestions.

It's quite funny IMO. Sorry guys, what does that make me?

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Saturday, 22 Dec 2012, 22:08

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 30 Dec 2012, 01:47 | Message # 528
Group: Administrators
Article : Mary’s 2012 TV Goodness All-Stars: John Pyper-Ferguson, Alphas

How many villains on TV can you think of that you actually kind of like? By definition of “villain”, they are supposed to be bad, cause feelings of hate and disgust, and are usually in sharp contrast to the protagonist, or hero, on the show. This is not true of Stanton Parish (John Pyper-Ferguson) of SyFy’s Alphas. Even with the horrific plan that he executed in the season 2 finale, his character was so brilliantly written and Pyper-Ferguson depicted the character so superbly, that most viewers (myself included) could never really decide how they felt about the character, which is why I selected him as one of my 2012 TV Goodness All-Stars.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 30 Dec 2012, 04:28 | Message # 529
Hmnn Chris. This might seem strange but I can't think of any fictionalised characters that fit that description. I did feel that way about Aileen Wuernos though.
I recently proposed for an idea to a story would be played by Summer Glau, as a woman who has been wronged by someone rich and sadistic. She gets her back on the unsuspecting CEOs of the world by seducing her way in to their world, dressing up real sassy and eventually killing them until one day she is close to being detected.
I think Bette Davis might have fit that description in her day.

BTW, did you know that Jean Harlow died of a kidney disease that caused a cerebral edema (aneurysm). She was a Hollywood beauty who was less than 30 years old when she died. I believe she had what I have, as before the 60s women died in their 30s of PKD because they have estrogens and spread to other organs. It would have caused what she died of. I only mention this because I'm sure she would have made a good femme fatale too.
Jean Harlow

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 01 Jan 2013, 02:32 | Message # 530
Several fans have mentioned online that Syfy's very recent 2013 lineup trailer includes two scenes of Alphas (one with Rosen, one with Gary).
This might be a trailer prepared a while ago (but then why keep those scenes when a cut is so easy?).

We'll see, in any case they'd have to re-start shooting by April if they want the series back this Summer.

The1RussterDate: Tuesday, 01 Jan 2013, 02:56 | Message # 531
I hate being the voice of negativity, but maybe they cobbled that together from old trailers and those two scenes got past the editors.
Or else they were purposely left in so Syfy could see what kind of buzz about Alphas it might generate. Provided they are that crafty. smile

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 01 Jan 2013, 03:17

AlexDate: Tuesday, 01 Jan 2013, 04:10 | Message # 532
Group: Bloggers
(The1Russter)
I hate being the voice of negativity, but maybe they cobbled that together from old trailers and those two scenes got past the editors.
Or else they were purposely left in so Syfy could see what kind of buzz about Alphas it might generate. Provided they are that crafty. smile

Some might say it is negativity but I think it is the voice of experience. Maybe, as you say, it did slip past the editors. I remain optimistic and hope that even if it is a tease, that the folks at SyFy (who also have to pay bills and put food on the table) will see the light and make Summer a regular in seasons 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. I can only imagine how tough it must be for network TV execs to make these kinds of decisions considering how much money is on the line but perhaps they will also consider how much the inclusion of Summer Glau in Help for the Holidays did for Hallmark's ratings to consider a season 3 of Alphas.

Disclaimer: I am not, in any way, offering even the smallest of dispensations or forgiveness to the particular executives at Fox who canned Firefly or the miscreants who canned TSCC. There is a special place in Hell for these people, even hotter and more horrifying than the place reserved for people who use their cellphones during a movie (to paraphrase Reverend Book). There, they shall be forced to watch endless reruns of the most banal of reality TV shows and to have to listen to an eternity of pitches for Keeping Up with the Kardashians. Or even worse, they will have to watch Joss Whedon count all the money he has made for Marvel Studios.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 08 Jan 2013, 14:11 | Message # 533
Syfy UK bought the rights to Alphas Season 2, revealed TV Wise today.

Syfy UK has closed a deal with NBCUniversal International Television Distribution to picks up the Pay TV rights to the second season of Alphas. Syfy UK previously aired the show’s first season following its broadcast on 5*, who hold the first run rights to the series in the UK and aired the second season of Alphas late last year. I hear that season 2 of Alphas is set to premiere on Syfy UK in either February or March.

robboDate: Thursday, 17 Jan 2013, 02:56 | Message # 534
not sure whether its true or not but i think alphas has been cancelled, i hope it hasnt i really liked alphas, just hope the info is wrong and not true, sad

robboDate: Thursday, 17 Jan 2013, 03:23 | Message # 535
yeah its official scfy alphas cancelled after 2 seasons, according to deadline. statement says scfy has decided not to renew alphas for a third season, the network said in a statement. absolutely gutted i was really hoping for a third season to see more of skylar adams. sad scfy channel what a joke. angry

The1RussterDate: Thursday, 17 Jan 2013, 04:21 | Message # 536
I thought they really made some great progress with the story in season 2. The acting was great.
They brought in some great guest stars and didn't hold back on giving them a decent story.
All-in-all season 2 was a huge step forward from season 1. Unfortunately, the quality didn't equate with the number of viewers.
No matter how much the core group of fans love a show, the producers are going to be looking at those numbers.
I'm disappointed. I thought they had set things up for a very interesting season 3, but sadly we'll never know what was to be.
What's worse, I've got nothing to watch next summer on TV. Alphas was my summer time series. sad

Message edited by The1Russter - Thursday, 17 Jan 2013, 04:33

Jason_ConnorDate: Thursday, 17 Jan 2013, 04:31 | Message # 537
This show IMO had a lot of potential. I was hoping that she would do an Iron Man reference sad Well i'm going to go take my anger out on something and then possibly cry myself to sleep smile

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 17 Jan 2013, 10:48 | Message # 538
Very sad to hear that Alphas won't be back for season 3.
I posted the news at the homepage, you can leave a comment there too if you want (or simply copy/paste the one you made in the forum).

AlexDate: Thursday, 17 Jan 2013, 17:12 | Message # 539
Group: Bloggers
Well this is a very sad day. Although it is disappointing, it is not that unusual. The entertainment industry is very, very tough and it can chew up thousands of people for every Summer Glau or Jennifer Lawrence. I purposely mention these two because even though they have very different levels of success, they are still both members of a very exclusive and small club of performers who have success in Hollywood. 

I still believe that Summer is a very successful actor who has a long and interesting career ahead of her.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

TerminatorEmilyDate: Thursday, 17 Jan 2013, 22:16 | Message # 540
Aww... I'm sad Alphas got cancelled. It was such a great show with such an intense cliffhanger on the season finale. Summer was great as Skylar too. sad

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Page 36 of 42«1234353637384142»
Search: