menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 29 Oct 2012, 13:01 | Message # 496
Group: Administrators
Ryan Cartwright, who plays Gary in Alphas, will guest star as Cole in the Nov. 15 episode of CBS comedy 'The Big Bang Theory'.

Alphas Production Stills

Cartwright will play Cole, a classmate of Penny's, and appear in the Nov. 15 episode of the series and present a new potential problem for her loving boyfriend Leonard (Johnny Galecki).

source : THR

It's not surprising to see Ryan Cartwright guest star in TBBT; it's just the confirmation that his character in Alphas is the break-out character in the serie. This is also why Summer Glau guest starred in an episode at the time she played Cameron in TSCC.

The Big Bang Theory

More photos in the Gallery.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 31 Oct 2012, 23:02 | Message # 497
Quote from s02ep06 'Alphaville'

Skylar Adams : "Trouble in the Justice League?"

Trouble in the Justice League?

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 05 Nov 2012, 12:58 | Message # 498
We should know by Thanksgiving if Alphas is renewed or not; read Interview - Erin Way talks Alphas Season 3 and Castle

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 05 Nov 2012, 14:55 | Message # 499
Group: Friends
I'm going to be viewing the final episode of Alphas this week in the UK.
I've noticed that since hurricane Sandy things are very quiet. The person I most have contact with lives in New York and I've not heard from him since.
Something interesting that I saw in this week's episode of Alphas was how Summer(the actress) smiled like a child when David Straithairn(Dr Rosen), blew a pretend bubble for Skylar(the human girl).
I think Summer herself is quite enchanted by David - we know she likes him and after all why shouldn't she, he comes across as very personable.
(I'm having trouble dragging smiley yellow faces on to this posting. A smiley face was supposed to come up.
Typical. I've been left behind by technology. I bet I'm the only one who can't do it)

Edit by chrisdvanne (moderator) : you should be able to insert a smiley simply by clicking on a smiley instead of dragging it smile

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Monday, 05 Nov 2012, 14:57

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 13 Nov 2012, 18:31 | Message # 500
read the following article 'Why doesn’t Syfy have a show like Battlestar Galactica any more?' at io9

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 13 Nov 2012, 19:02 | Message # 501
Before I even saw this excerpt, I always thought that SCI-FI (not yet SyFy), showed low budget films and rarely bought in new and exciting stuff.
I was quite surprised when it bought in Continuum, which I personally feel gets better as time goes on. I still don't understand why the baddies never killed Kiera when they have a chance. I ask this question because her verbal monologue at the beginning says that they did not realize they was up against her (or words to that effect). Perhaps I missed something and they want her alive?

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Tuesday, 13 Nov 2012, 19:04

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 15 Nov 2012, 12:46 | Message # 502
Alphas Season One Trading Cards Box

Alphas Season One Trading Cards Box

Cryptozoic Entertainment, an American-based publisher of games, comics, trading cards, board games and magazines primarily based on popular culture, will release lincensed trading cards for Alphas. These cards will feature pictures from the episodes of the first season of the SyFy show.

Quote (Cryptozoic)
There are humans with super abilities living among us, and now they're collectible! We are very pleased to partner with NBC Universal and SyFy to create Alphas Trading Cards, which will feature episodic images from the first season. Fans can look forward to authentic Wardrobe and Autograph cards from the cast.

Product Details

2013 Cryptozoic Alphas Season 1 trading cards are based on SyFy television show. Offering a mix of base cards, inserts, autographs and costume cards, the release promises an in-depth recap of the first 11 episodes.

The 2013 Cryptozoic Alphas Season 1 set has more than 60 cards. They offer images as episode summaries.

Collectors can look for randomly inserted Autographs and Wardrobe Cards, which have swatches from show-worn costumes. A pair of nine-card basic insert sets round out the release.

Sold separately, an Alphas binder comes with an exclusive card.

Alphas stars include Academy Award nominee, David Strathairn, Ryan Cartwright, Warren Christie, Azita Ghanizada, Laura Mennell and Malik Yoba.

Estimated Release Date: TBA
Product Configuration: 24 packs per box, 5 cards per pack
Price Point: Low- to Mid-End Entertainment Card
Target Audience: Set Builders, Autograph Collectors, TV Memorabilia Collectors.

Here are a few samples of Cryptozoic licensed products :

Nina Dobrev wardrobe card

Ian Somerhalder wardrobe card

Jim Parson wardrobe card

The Walking Dead

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 22 Nov 2012, 18:02 | Message # 503
The decision on Alphas’s fate wont be revealed until “mid-December”, according to a tweet from Ryan Cartwright, who plays Gary on the Syfy serie.

Read more on the Blog.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 22 Nov 2012, 18:09 | Message # 504
At this time of the year, online polls listing the "best of 2012" will flourish, here's one at tv.com

BEST OF 2012: WHAT SHOWS WOULD YOU NOMINATE FOR BEST OVERALL SERIES?

Alphas is nominated.

ChoupyDate: Friday, 23 Nov 2012, 02:06 | Message # 505
Good news for Alphas, maybe it'll influence the decision on season 3 with Summer of course !.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 00:42 | Message # 506
tv.com is asking their readers to vote for 'The Best of 2012'

Which shows, actors, and characters do YOU think have earned the title of “Best of 2012”? Vote now, and vote often: The polls will stay open until Wednesday, January 2, and we'll announce the winners right here on Thursday, January 3. You can vote more than once, so come back every day to help make sure your favorites win!

Alphas is nominated in the 'BEST SCI-FI/SUPERHERO SERIES' category.

Summer Glau is nominated in the 'BEST CAMEO/GUEST STAR' category for her role as Skylar in Alphas.

robboDate: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 01:30 | Message # 507
just voted for summer glau, why is that not a surprise no problem with that vote, given alphas a thumbs up as well, mind you lagging a bit behind in the poll, haven is well on top of the poll not really a surprise there its not a bad little show, in its own right regarding summer glau she will always finish top of the list. its that simple. smile

ChoupyDate: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 03:36 | Message # 508
As robbo, I voted for Summer Glau of course ! and I voted also for Alpha for hope to see Skylar Adams in a Saison 3 !

wink

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 09:39 | Message # 509
I noticed on the TV.COM list, there were lots of categories. I went through them and chose the ones that I liked. Whilst placing a vote, I voted for a second series to see what happens. It increments by one and my previous vote decrements, so I reverted to my previous vote.
It's funny how certain series top the polls, which I would not watch to save my life. Perhaps I should not say them here.

I have been watching a comedy that Summer watches, New Girl. It is quite good actually and the leading lady, Zooey Deschanel is funny - she also helped produce 12 episodes.
She is zany, brave and not afraid to tackle certain subject-matters.
I think Summer might identify or wish to identify with her in some respects, especially considering she would like to appear in that show.
Perhaps there is something we can do guys?

edit add: I found her twitter @ZooeyDeschanel - her home page shows her when she was a small girl. It looks legit. I asked her to put Summer in her show.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 09:49

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 07 Dec 2012, 12:50 | Message # 510
Quote (KevinInEngland)
edit add: I found her twitter @ZooeyDeschanel - her home page shows her when she was a small girl. It looks legit. I asked her to put Summer in her show.

I'm not sure it works that way in Hollywood but that was a good idea to let Zooey know that Summer loves New Girl and would like to be on her show.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Search: