menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
JayDate: Monday, 22 Oct 2012, 00:05 | Message # 466
Group: Friends
Totally agree, apart from Walking dead which I don't watch there's nothing on. Perfect Time for TSCC to come back. biggrin

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

The1RussterDate: Monday, 22 Oct 2012, 00:27 | Message # 467
Group: Writer
Quote (Jay)
Totally agree, apart from Walking dead which I don't watch there's nothing on. Perfect Time for TSCC to come back. biggrin

You can't say it any better than this!

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

robboDate: Monday, 22 Oct 2012, 00:51 | Message # 468
TSCC should have been back years ago, its a disgrace leaving us with a cliffhanger where we havent got a clue, where everybodys gone, everytime i see that final scene it fetches tears to my eyes. cry

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 22 Oct 2012, 01:30 | Message # 469
Group: Administrators
Maybe not a good idea to post TSCC-related stuff in this thread the day before the season finale; let's think about the lurkers.

Existing thread : Do you think we will get a TSCC continuation?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 22 Oct 2012, 01:36 | Message # 470
When a series named Medium was on, I noticed lots of camera wobble, even when people were not moving. I believe that not only should the camera be on a tripod more often, I believe that nowdays they should be able to keep it steadier with some kind of steadying technology. (Buffering or streaming on magnetic tape is a silly example but comparable.)
Has anyone else noticed this? It makes someone like me feel slightly giddy when I watch it.
Perhaps a moving from right to left, to left to right, up and down is the way things are done to make it seem more real.
Any thoughts anyone? (I've seen it in other current TV series too). It seems amateur to me.

robboDate: Monday, 22 Oct 2012, 02:03 | Message # 471
alphas drawing to a close. end of season finale. good luck to everybody involved in alphas. cast, production team, and of course scfy channel for having such a great show. hope the ratings improve a little bit more. to secure that season three we all want. to see our beloved summer glau. wink

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 22 Oct 2012, 15:25 | Message # 472
You're right Robbo. If you are staid or tea and fairy cakes, a lot of the UK produced stuff is not for us. I watch most of the SKY programs these days, which incorporate U.S./Canada stuff. I will watch Arrow when it is aired this week, just as I do Continuum. I'm watching Alphas but find the dialogue hard going. I think it is my condition.

Alphas romance is fine, even if very fleeting. I prefer it to the bed because that to me is a bit OTT if this series was meant for kids in the first place. From what I can make out, Alphas has become more adult, leaving the kids to watch Gary when he has his scenes.
I think the same goes for Summer Glau, it will be the adults that want to see her, as she is no longer the younger River Tam of 10 years ago and her fans are also 10 years older now.

I thought the episode with the Union high ranking soldier in the year 1861 was good because I had not long ago read census records from the period. I was surprised how they were constructed. Only the head of the house's name was listed.
I watched a program about a man who photographed the American civil war and learnt a few interesting things.
The Alpha writer got the date right (1861). Did anyone notice that they used brown tint to show the flashbacks to that era? I thought it was good. They did that in Firefly for some reason.

(As an afternote, I know why the American civil war was fought. I was surprised that the land-owners census records showed... for instance
Sam arnold owned 2 slaves in 1810 + 1 child under 10 + 1 female under 45 (prob his wife) + 1 female 10 to 16 yrs of age

Samuel Arnold - Burlington,Boone,Kentucky Aug 7, 1820 1 free white male person under 10 / 2 free white male persons 10-15 / 1 free white male 16-18 / 1 free white male 16-25 / 1 free white male 26-44 / 1 free white female under 10 / 2 male slaves under 14 / 2 female slaves under 14 / 1 female slave 26-44 / 4 persons engaged in agriculture / 4 free white persons under 16 / 1 free white person over 25 / 6 total free white persons / 5 total slaves / 11 persons in total - white,slaves,coloured,other.

1830 census; Saml Arnold, Boone,Kentucky - 1 free white person male 15-19 / 1 free white person male 50-59 / 1 free white person female 15-19 / 2 male slaves under 10 / 2 male slaves 10-23 / 1 female slave under 10 / 2 female slaves 10-23 / 1 female slaves 36-54 / 2 free white persons under 20 total free white persons: 3 / total slaves; 8 / total all persons, inc white/slaves/free coloured ; 11.

1840 census; Saml Arnold ; 1 free white persons male 60-69 / 1 free white persons female 20-29 / 2 male slaves 10-23 / 1 male slaves 24-35 / 4 female slaves under 10 / 3 female slaves 10-23 / 1 female slaves 36-54 / 6 persons employed in agriculture / 1 free white persons 20-49 / 2 total free white persons / 11 total slaves / 13 total all persons, free white,free colored,slaves.

In 1865 slavery ended in all states without compensation.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Monday, 22 Oct 2012, 15:29

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 22 Oct 2012, 19:33 | Message # 473
I invite all Alphas and Summer Glau fans to read the following blogpost; i'll show you which stratagem was used by Alphas's writers to indicate to the audience that something was wrong in the apartment scenes with Skylar and Zoe in Alphas 2.12 'Need to Know'; i will also highlight the similarities between two Summer Glau scenes in The Cape and in Alphas.

Alphas Writers Tribute to The Cape

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 22 Oct 2012, 22:21 | Message # 474
Laura Mennell is a classy lady, but we already knew that :

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 23 Oct 2012, 12:25 | Message # 475
Someone at Canadian Space Channel, which planned to broadcast Alphas season finale shortly after the US, messed up big time angry2

It looks like the Space Channel aired last weeks Alphas episode... which means Canadians missed the finale. Talk about a disappointing and anti-climactic evening.

Of course there will be apologies and they'll air it at a special time/day soon but this late showing will miss all the buzz around the finale.

As agent Coulson would say...

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 23 Oct 2012, 15:23 | Message # 476
LOL at Gary walking around in the station as the seemingly last one standing as Simon & Garfunkel's 'The Only Living Boy in New York' plays in the background.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 23 Oct 2012, 16:08 | Message # 477
Quote (chrisdvanne)
It looks like the Space Channel aired last weeks Alphas episode... which means Canadians missed the finale. Talk about a disappointing and anti-climactic evening.

While Space aired the wrong episode of Alphas yesterday, the season finale is available on streaming at their site now (region blocked though): Alphas on Space

robboDate: Wednesday, 24 Oct 2012, 00:15 | Message # 478
alphas ratings any news on them. just wondering if they were a big success, last night with it been the last episode of season two. plus summer glau being a special guest star again. smile

The1RussterDate: Wednesday, 24 Oct 2012, 06:01 | Message # 479
Group: Writer
Interesting little bit of trivia I'd like to share. Episode 2x06 is titled Alphaville. The series features a villain named Parish who is apparently an immortal, someone who will live forever.

In 1984 a German Rock Group named Alphaville released an album of the same name with a title track named Forever Young. The song is about wanting to live forever. It has been released by other artists and in different mixes by the original group since.

The video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1TcDHrkQYg&feature=related

The Lyrics: http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/alphaville/forever+young_20006842.html

I found that I could draw some metaphorical parallels between the second verse and Parish. Especially the line, 'It's so hard to get old without a cause.' I kind of have to wonder if the creative minds at Alphas knew of this song. Who knows, but I do find these little curiosities interesting.

I barely recall the song from 1984, being only 16 at the time, and that it wasn't a big hit so didn't get much air time, but when I came across it the other day I knew I had to share my thoughts on it. I decided to wait until after Summer's live tweeting and the season finale so as not to disrupt the current topic of conversation.

EDIT: In response to below: Perhaps I should have said, 'wasn't a big hit here in the USA' I remember liking the song and enjoying it when I heard it on the radio in my youth. I just don't recall hearing it as often as some of the other names in music. When it comes down to it, all music suffers from a popularity contest and popularity can vary from place to place. It probably got a lot more air time in big cities.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Wednesday, 24 Oct 2012, 14:03

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 24 Oct 2012, 09:27 | Message # 480
Quote (The1Russter)
I kind of have to wonder if the creative minds at Alphas knew of this song.

We cannot say for certain if it's deliberate or just a coincidence but ithanks for mentioning smile

Quote (The1Russter)
it wasn't a big hit so didn't get much air time

What????!!!
It was a big hit in all Europe at the time and i remember this song perfectly. But you and me know that not many European singers hit the US market.
Fermi must be a fan too since he posted the Alphaville clip in this forum : Juke Joint!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Search: