[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 30 of 42«1228293031324142»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
JayDate: Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 23:28 | Message # 436
Group: Friends
Thanks Robbo, just found out Alphas season 2 only started on the 25th September over here. We are 8 episodes behind so 8 weeks. Alphavile should be on on the 30th Pctober for us.

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 10 Oct 2012, 03:33 | Message # 437
Is there supposed to be sound in this short video clip Chris? I did not hear anything, not even a whisper. Alphas is still not for me and the draw of Summer, tattooless does not exactly make me jump up and down. I have just watched 12 episodes of 2nd season of TSCC, she was a star in that. I know she didn't have tattoos but she was very coborgly. In Alphas she has special abilities but they are kinda out of this world and do not impress me. I'll get back to you guys on this, when it is shown over here. The only problem is, you will have all gone away and thinking about something else. You won't even read any UK comments.
The US people are not doing themselves a favour by not airing Alphas in the UK the same time as in the US. They need to know about these boards where we can't talk about something that we haven't seen.
For all I know, the final episodes of Alphas might blow me away.

The1RussterDate: Wednesday, 10 Oct 2012, 04:40 | Message # 438
Group: Writer
Just finished watching episode 11. Awesome episode, and yes even without you pointing them out, the Terminator references were easy to spot. I love Kat, she's quickly become my favorite character of this series, but you still can't beat those Bill and Gary moments. A shame about Gary's mom. Looks like the writer's are reducing cast. Can't blame them, they've brought in so many new people this season, they got to start reducing somewhere.

Looking forward to return of Summer to Alphas next week. I don't care if her character is sporting tattoo's or not, Skylar is an interesting character who's talents with electronics is genius. The fact that shes a mom too, certainly makes Skylar all the more interesting as Summer has never played a mom before. I would hope to see some mother/daughter moments in the future with Skylar and Zoe so we can actually see Summer being a mom and not just playing one. If you get my meaning. Probably not first in the list of things the writer's want to do, but they give us all these long character expositions on so many of the characters it would be nice to see something of Skylar and Zoe.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 10 Oct 2012, 18:45 | Message # 439
Group: Administrators
Ratings for Alphas episode 2x11 "When Memory Serves", aired on October 8, 2012.

0.5 demo rating (+25% change) with 1.12 million (+4% change)

The ratings are getting back to 0.5 after pulling three 0.4 in a raw, while the number of viewers progressed slightly.
While this is encouraging, i'm afraid these numbers are too low to consider a third season.

Since i could not resign myself to see Alphas cancelled, i looked for missing informations. I asked Craig Engler, senior vice president and general manager at Syfy, if they take in account the Alphas encore at 10pm; here's his anwser :

I later posted this information at tvbythenumbers, which led Robert Seidman (founder) to post the so far unknown 10pm ratings :

Robert Seidman
Posted October 9, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Alphas encore drew a 0.1 A18-49 and 424,000 viewers. You should translate @Syfy’s tweet as nothing more than “we look at all the data we have,” which of course they do!

To be honest i expected a 0.2 ratings, considering that 10pm was Alphas original timeslot; i hoped that the audience was somewhat split in two.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 13 Oct 2012, 08:29 | Message # 440
This is an appeal for a general mobilization to watch Alphas next Monday at 8pm on Syfy and make the finals episodes the most watched of the season. Spread the word!
Convince all your friends who have a Nielsen Box to watch Alphas next Mondays and season 3 is a go ;-)

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 15 Oct 2012, 18:19 | Message # 441
@AlphasSyfy and @SeanAstin will be live tweeting on Monday at 8/7c.

robboDate: Monday, 15 Oct 2012, 21:40 | Message # 442
alphas and summer. they can do it big style, come on alpha fans get behind them, and support them and the team. for this show and most of all the last two episodes, and get this third season in the bag, come on alphas you can do it. smile

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012, 16:11 | Message # 443
Alphas - Syfy: Season 2 Marathon Schedule on October 22, 2012.

Starting at 8:30 with 2.06'Alphaville'

Source : Syfy schedule

The1RussterDate: Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012, 17:52 | Message # 444
Someone said something interesting on the SG-net forums. I've noticed it too but he said it better. Basically he said, in season 1 they provided a scientific explanation for the Alpha abilities, but in season 2 the alpha abilities being demonstrated have gone beyond scientific explanation and are more in the X-men territory.

I clearly remember the creative minds behind season 1 of Alphas saying they wanted to keep the abilities in the realm of being possible and so far in season 2 they've done more than push the boundaries, but have broken through into the comic book realm of super powers without explanation. What's next in Alphas future, brightly colored spandex costumes and secret underground bases? I say that with tongue in cheek, but unless the minds behind Alphas stay true to their roots, all we'll end up with is a live-action super hero & super villain show with adult angst instead of humor.

Don't get me wrong. I like Alphas. It's a good show. The only sore point I have is when they go into these long character studies. I'd rather learn the background of a character over the length of a series or season rather than all at once. Also they would have these episodes where there would be nothing but dialog, and dialog, and hell while we're at it, more dialog before anything happened that moved the plot along. Been less of that this season, but the pacing still has been a bit of a problem on occasion.

I've yet to see last night's episode featuring our favorite woman in the world, Summer Glau. Hope to see that later today. To be honest, Summer Glau is the only reason I'm watching Alphas. I didn't even begin to watch season 1 until it was confirmed Summer was going to be in it. Season 2 has been a big improvement over Season 1 with the writing and stories. David Stratham is now my favorite actor. Kat is my favorite new character in the series. But Summer Glau is the only reason I'm still watching. If they announce season 3 and Summer isn't mentioned as appearing, I'd probably stop watching. In fact by this point Summer Glau should be made a regular for season 3, even if she only appears in nine or ten of the thirteen episodes. I think we can all agree on that if not on the rest of my opinions.

RNBMDate: Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012, 19:02 | Message # 445
I think Summer had her best performance I've seen on Alphas. It appears to me that the more Summer plays a role the better performances she gives. Even in her movie Deadly Honeymoon, her actin wasn't as smooth in the beginning of the movie as it as in the second half. (Assuming that the shot the movie in sequence).

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 16 Oct 2012, 19:08 | Message # 446
Quote (The1Russter)
in season 1 they provided a scientific explanation for the Alpha abilities, but in season 2 the alpha abilities being demonstrated have gone beyond scientific explanation and are more in the X-men territory.

That's right, Rosen has almost stopped his scientific/neurologic babbling to explain a special ability; similarly, the reason why Skylar's photic stimulator should kill the non-alphas and not the alphas is not clear.

Quote (The1Russter)
I clearly remember the creative minds behind season 1 of Alphas saying they wanted to keep the abilities in the realm of being possible and so far in season 2 they've done more than push the boundaries, but have broken through into the comic book realm of super powers without explanation.

Every show does that; some may say it's a lack of continuity while some may say the show is simply evolving in the direction indicated by the new showrunner. That's not a problem for me.

Last Monday episode featured 3 guest stars, Summer Glau, Sean Astin (two-episode arc as Mitchell) and Elias Toufexis (Scipio), not to mention the Alpha of the week (Vincent, who created the alternative reality inwhich Skylar was trapped); kudos to Alphas's writers for giving Skylar so much screen time (even if she appeared only at 18 minutes into the ep). Summer showed a wide range of emotions, from being happy, to being worried then terrified and had strong scenes, like the creepy apartment run.

Because of that (or is it me being biased) Summer Glau appeared way above the other Alphas actors in the acting department. If someone asks, as i see it regularly online, why Summer Glau is so hyped, i would recommend to watch this episode.

robboDate: Wednesday, 17 Oct 2012, 00:25 | Message # 447
just wondering about alphas, from last night any news regarding the ratings on the show. with summer glau being special guest star, smile

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 17 Oct 2012, 01:06 | Message # 448
Ratings for Alphas episode 2x12 "Need to Know", aired on October 15, 2012.

0.4 in 18-49 demo rating (against 0.5 last week) with 1.163 million viewers (1.12 millions last week)

The ratings are getting back to 0.4, while the number of viewers progressed slightly. It means more people outside the 18-49 demographic watched the show.
No Summer Glau boost this time! These numbers are very disappointing, considering the buzz around Summer Glau's return and the shows getting closer to the season finale.

There won't be a third season of Alphas and Syfy will probably renew Haven or Warehouse 13. Alphas followed a path similar to TSCC : it struggled to get a second season and the ratings went down the second season, leading to a cancellation. These ratings are deconnected from the overall quality of the show (which is good), but it happens Nielsen families are not interested, that's all.

Of course i'm sorry for Alphas but i'm also sad to see that summer didn't draw an audience.

robboDate: Wednesday, 17 Oct 2012, 01:41 | Message # 449
no summer glau boost im absolutely shocked, thought the ratings would have really jumped sky high, as an actress in alphas shes head and shoulders above them, im also sorry for alphas, but also for summer glau , not another show getting cancelled, maybe she would have drew an audience if she was in alphas a lot earlier, hopefully there is still a chance that syfy will renew it, lets be honest its better than, haven, and most definitely warehouse 13, at least viewers progressed slightly maybe more next week. summer glau on telly what more do people want, blessed with talent, sad

The1RussterDate: Wednesday, 17 Oct 2012, 06:13 | Message # 450
I think its a bad idea of Syfy to have Alphas, which is primarily a niche show, up against heavy ratings hitters on Monday nights, Monday Night Football and Dancing with the Stars, followed by the CBS comedy line-up. Plus all the other new shows that are on now. I also think FOX was carrying major League Baseball Monday night. That is some pretty hefty competition. If they had Alphas on Tuesday night opposite the debate, the numbers would be easily 5x greater.

Alphas would have been better off if shown in its entirety during the off-season before the broadcast networks began their new shows this fall. Summer's previous appearance in episode 2x06 was in September and most new seasons of current shows or new shows hadn't begun yet. I'd like to know how many people recorded Alphas last night so they could watch sports or the new shows on the networks. Cuz the bad thing about ratings, they don't take into account how many people record a TV show to watch later. Most of the shows I watch now are previously recorded so I can see them at a more convenient time.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Page 30 of 42«1228293031324142»
Search: