menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Blazius Post # 31 | Thursday, 14 Jul 2011 - 00:40
Group: Friends
Its good to hear that Ira Steven Behr will participate in this project. He wrote the best episodes of DS9 which was a brilliant show IMO so writing its best episodes clearly shows that this guy really knows what he is doing. If he would work with Summer they two would be unstoppable( don't know if he wrote any Tess episodes but if yes then I'm looking forward to it)!

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 32 | Thursday, 14 Jul 2011 - 08:13
Group: Administrators
Ira Steven Behr wasn't involved on Alphas when the pilot was picked up by Syfy and filmed, he came right after that. But he will do more than participate, he is the showrunner of Alphas, meaning he is responsible for the day-to-day operations as well as the creative direction of the show.

Indeed, Behr wrote "Wake Up Call" s02ep01 and as showrunner/executive producer he is in the writing credits of all the other Tess Doerner's episodes except one (Ghost in the Machine, s04ep11); he knows Summer Glau very well.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 14 Jul 2011, 11:36

chrisdvanne_ Post # 33 | Thursday, 14 Jul 2011 - 11:28
Casting scoop :

Lost/No Ordinary Family alumn Rebecca Mader will play "a mysterious Alpha" in an upcoming episode, said unofficially a rep for Alphas (Source : tvline)

It's still unknown on which episode she will appear but it's within the first 10 and her character's special ability "has to be seen to be believed".

Things that might interest you :
Ratings of Alphas's pilot
Review of Alphas's pilot

chrisdvanne_ Post # 34 | Thursday, 14 Jul 2011 - 20:27
You waited for it, here it is : the trailer for next episode, Monday 18 at 10pm on Syfy.

I was surprised in my previous review because i expected the writers to pack the pilot with action scenes, special effects and explosions; it seems we won't have to wait too long to see some badass action like in the best cop procedurials.
Keep on doing good work men!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 35 | Saturday, 16 Jul 2011 - 14:24
Alphas panel at San Diego Comic Con on Friday, July 22, 2011 :

Quote ( SDCC schedule)
6:00-7:00 Alphas— Syfy's newest original series Alphas has taken the summer by storm -- and it's just the beginning. David Strathairn (Dr. Lee Rosen) and fellow cast members, plus creator and executive producer Zak Penn (X-Men: The Last Stand; The Avengers) and executive producer Ira Steven Behr (Star Trek: The Next Generation; The 4400), reveal why impossible is what Alphas do best. Moderated by Geoff Boucher ("Hero Complex," Los Angeles Times). Room 6A

chrisdvanne_ Post # 36 | Thursday, 21 Jul 2011 - 11:39
The Monday line-up on Syfy did great last Monday.

Eureka's episode with Felicia Day as guest star was up a tenth from last week to a 0.8 adults 18-49 rating. Warehouse 13 was also up a tenth to a 0.9 rating. Alphas lost only a tenth from its series premiere last week and scored a 0.8 adults 18-49 rating.
Usually tv shows register a significant drop in ratings from the premiere to the second episode, especially if a big hype lured a lot of people for the premiere. It was not the case here for Alphas.
The number of viwers went from 2.5 millions to 2.22 millions.

If Alphas holds steady the next two weeks, you can expect a renewal annouce from Syfy very soon.

You have to remember that Stargate Universe premiered on Syfy with similar ratings, then dropped below 2 million in the second part of the season. It was only just renewed, moved on friday where it averaged between 1.3-1.5 million and scored a 0.5 demo, then moved while loosing viewers constantly.

The Monday trio is doing much better so far.

Program Net Time Viewers (000) 18-49 Rating
Eureka SYFY 8:00 PM 2162 0.8
Wareh 13 SYFY 9:00 PM 2457 0.9
ALPHAS SYFY 10:00 PM 2225 0.8

Source : tvbythenumbers

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 27 Jul 2011, 13:31

chrisdvanne_ Post # 37 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 12:33
Now that Summer's presence in Alphas has been officially annonced, we can openly discuss in this thread. The faithful members of the Summer Glau Wiki knew that Summer Glau would guest star in the show for weeks and they had plenty of time to keep an eye on the show while waiting for Summer's episode to air on SyFy.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 38 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 14:23
Executive producer on Alphas Ira Steven Behr said "he'd just seen Glau's episode and that she's "terrific" in it".

Last time we discussed about Summer's role on Alphas (given that we had the scoop weeks ago), a member asked if Summer would play an Alpha, aka will she have a special ability (remember the word superpower is forbidden on the show).
Anyway if you read between the lines, Behr gave us the answer : writers loves to play on words, they even made a job out of it wink

My guess is that Summer will have the power to bring out people's biggest fear. Yeah i know, not very original. Can you think of something else, given the indication Behr told us.

Fermi Post # 39 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 16:40
Here is the promo pic

You can't stop the signal!

Devo Post # 40 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 17:10
Quote Fermi ()
Here is the promo pic

SUMMER GLAU RULES!!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 41 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 17:33
Quote (Devo)
Here is the promo pic

When i saw it on the news page, i thought Fermi made a new photomanipulation wacko

chrisdvanne_ Post # 42 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 17:51
Alphas Co-Creator Zak Penn talk writing and guest stars

At 2:23 he talks guest stars and, if i understand correctly (could an english native confirm it), gives the order or their appearance on the show : first Summer Glau then Brent Spiner then Garret Dillahunt.

If i'm correct, we should see Summer Glau very soon on an upcoming episode of Alphas.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 43 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 17:52
Anger Management trailer - Alphas : Episode 103

Devo Post # 44 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 17:56
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Devo)Here is the promo pic When i saw it on the news page, i thought Fermi made a new photomanipulation

Fermi has been getting much better at the photoshoop. cool biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 45 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 17:58
Quote (Devo)
Fermi has been getting much better at the photoshoop. cool biggrin

Try to get what Zak Penn says about Summer's apperance (post #42) on the show instead of critisizing the boss biggrin

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Search: