menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
REGDate: Saturday, 29 Sep 2012, 12:11 | Message # 421
Group: Friends
Quote (The1Russter)
For example, I began watching Dollhouse season 2 when I knew Summer was going to be in it, but the stories had improved so much for season 2 that even if she hadn't appeared I would have watched. It was the improvement in writing that made it a "must see" for me. Sadly FOX had decided to cancel it before they even began airing the second season. I'll never understand that network.

i watched Dollhouse when it first came out and because i am a Whedon fan but i think Fox cancelled it so of course that means it doesn't get released in other countries. so pretty much since then i have been downloading tv shows because i was sick of waiting for them to be shown here. 99% of shows in the US aren't shown here, it sux but i prefer downloading them anyway since there are no commercials and i can watch them at my leisure without having to wait for the tv networks to make up their minds.
it wasn't until Summer's panel @ the Melbourne Supanova that i found out she was on it. and then i downloaded both seasons and watched every episode. i of course really enjoyed the episodes with Summer in them smile

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 30 Sep 2012, 15:41 | Message # 422
Group: Administrators
The title and airdate of the two final episodes of the second season of Alphas surfaced online; fans of Summer Glau are particularly interested since Skylar Adams will appear in both of them and probably plays an important role in the finale battle between Dr Rosen and Stanton Parish (see poll : Do you think Skylar Adams will join Stanton Parish? )

Episode 2x12 is titled 'Need to Know'and is set to air on October 15, 2012

Episode 2x13 (season finale) is titled 'God's Eye' and is set to air on October 22, 2012

Airdates remains to be confirmed though.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

The1RussterDate: Sunday, 30 Sep 2012, 20:51 | Message # 423
Group: Writer
Skylar is too insightful not to realize that Parish would use her and even Zoe for his own ends regardless of any promises he may make. However, that wouldn't stop her from trying to get something from him. Truth is, all Skylar wants is to be able to raise Zoe in a safe environment where she won't become an object to be experimented upon or used for her abilities. Truth is, Skylar would be safer under Rosen's care, but his connection with the government is a big turn off for Skylar. Skylar is in a no win situation until she trusts someone eventually.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 30 Sep 2012, 21:04 | Message # 424
Yes, the point is, that if both she and her daughter have these abilities, they will be wasted if they go in to permanent hiding. They could earn a great income and in time her daughter the same. Perhaps they need to live under Rosen's distant care but work under an assumed name hidden from prying eyes. Give both her and her daughter somewhere nice to live with outside terrain to play in. To train her daughter not to talk to strangers. It seems to me that a child who is genius, would not be interested in liaising with other kids, much.
Build a danger switch for her, plus a tracker.
Move away, dye their hair etc.
What else can I say?

(Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to Help For The Holidays).

Message edited by KevinInScotland - Sunday, 30 Sep 2012, 21:10

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 01 Oct 2012, 00:34 | Message # 425
Quote (KevinInScotland)
(Oh yeah, I'm looking forward to Help For The Holidays).

I'm glad to see that fans are interested by the movie; i'd like very much that 'Help for the Holidays' reach a record-breaking audience at The Hallmark channel.

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 01 Oct 2012, 01:00 | Message # 426
Yeah. I went to the Antonio Express newspaper site and searched on Glau.
I found 2 articles & left my comment earlier today.
The reporter was named Jeanne Jakle

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 03 Oct 2012, 07:10 | Message # 427
Promo Trailer for Alphas episode 2x11 'If Memory Serves'

Hicks and Kat transport a valuable Parish asset; Roland holds the strategic intel they need to stop Parish.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 03 Oct 2012, 17:29 | Message # 428
Ratings for Alphas episode 2x10 "Life After Death", aired on October 1st, 2012.

0.4 demo rating (0% change) with 1.07 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 0.48 in the demo with 1.35 million.

The 18-49 adult demo, key for advertisers, was stable but at a low mark while the number of viewers was down 0.16 million.

Warehouse 13 registered a 0.6 demo (+ 2 tenth) and 1.62 million viewers (+ 0.14 million ).

Let's face it, Alphas ratings are bad and it doesn't bode well for a renewall. While WH13 (mid-season finale) was up compared to last week and has 10 more episodes to air this season, starting in April 2013.

I don't think the quality of the show is at stake (i see a lot of praise for Alphas online) but it's simply that viewers are not interested; whereas WH13 is a family show, this season's darker tone and the 'sex scenes' may have driven away the families. Alphas is a character driven show and the action is important but the serialised elements are even more important, just like it was for TSCC. The final three episodes should be action packed though but at this point i don't see how it can have enough viewers to insure a third season.

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 03 Oct 2012, 18:12 | Message # 429
The so-called sex scene in s2,ep2 between (male)Cameron and I believe to be their Boss's(Rosen) daughter, struck me as sordid. He already has a girlfriend (Rosen's daughter), yet she appears to have quite willingly given herself to him. (Skanky).
One moment it is a family-kid show, now it is very much on an adult scale. I've only seen 2 eps but I can't feel any attachment to all of the characters. Gary is still OK in his present mode, as he has a good reason. I can't remember the names of all the actors but the female that can tell people what to do, has a good role and acts it well IMO. I'm not sure that people who have seen the show in its entirety need to see an awful picture of internal organs every time he gets strong (Malik Yoba). For me, they are quite unattractive.
I can't follow it but perhaps that is because of my condition.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 05 Oct 2012, 15:11 | Message # 430
Summer Glau was in a sound studio yesterday doing ADR (Additional Dialogue Recording, also known as loooping) session for Alphas episodes 2x12 and 2x13. This and previous looping sessions for Alphas also included other cast members like Malik Yoba, Mahershala Ali, Kathleen Munroe and Sean Astin (David Strathairn did a ISDN ADR session from New York).

On Set

You can watch the photos of the Alphas cast after/before the looping session with the recording studio manager in the News page.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 08 Oct 2012, 20:48 | Message # 431
Alphas Exclusive: Get a First Look at Sean Astin's 'Memorable' Debut

Watch video at tvline

Astin will also appear in this season’s penultimate episode airing Oct. 15, while Summer Glau is set to return as Skylar next week and in the Oct. 22 Season 2 finale.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 20:18 | Message # 432
I just watched Alphas 2.11: “If Memory Serves”

Solid episode as always, build around three plots : first the alpha of the week plot, then the search for Parish and then a personal plot (Gary's mom).

As usual in Alphas, these plots are smartly mixed and I'm always surprised at how the writers can combine action and character development, this is why Alphas is probably the best sci-fi show at the moment.

Not to mention the constant references to pop culture (many references to Terminator this week; i've listed them in the 'Easter Egg' thread); and don't forget that Summer Glau is coming for the final two episodes :-)

JayDate: Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 21:49 | Message # 433
Does anyone know when Alphas Episodes God’s eye and Need to Know will air in the UK?. Quite a good show and wouldn't mind seeing Summer in some of them. I've checked to SyFy channel here but nothing of Alphas is on next Monday. Infact does anyone know what channel Alphas is on originally on because when i've searched it just repeats.

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

robboDate: Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 21:59 | Message # 434
alphas uk well behind compared to the us, its on tuesday nights 10,pm, 5, star channel episode three 3/13, called alpha dogs so summer glaus episodes, 6/13 called alphaville, will be on in a few weeks, others a fair way off , hope this helps a little bit, jay,

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 09 Oct 2012, 22:04 | Message # 435
Syfy has released the promo trailer for Alphas 2.12 'Need to Know', marking the return of Summer glau as Skylar Adams for the final two episodes.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Search: