menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
AlexDate: Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 03:12 | Message # 346
Group: Bloggers
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Little victory for Summer Glau fans cool

@The1stMJC send me a message via Twitter one week ago, inwhich he suggested a hashtag that i could use on Twitter to promote the return of Summer Glau as Skylar Adams in Alphas episode 6 : given that Games of Thrones uses the tagline "Winter is Coming", he suggested "Summer is Coming" for Alphas. I answered @The1stMJC it was a good idea and created a Twitter account specifically for that purpose, Skylar_Adams.

Alphas official Twitter account suggested their own hashtag today, #AlphasHasSummerGlau but when they were mentioned the hashtag i was using via Skylar_Adams, they aknowledged it was a better one and posted that fans should use #SummerIsComing in their tweets instead.

Even Syfy's boss like that hashtag : Syfy official Twitter account

Wonderful work Chris - Take a big bow. biggrin

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 04:16 | Message # 347
Group: Administrators
Spoilerish :Skylar and Zoe

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 04:18

Jason_ConnorDate: Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 04:30 | Message # 348
Group: Friends
Very awesome episode, i'm glad she'll be back for the finale. Maybe i'm reading to much into this but I think her stun gun a homage to "The Cape." Orwell used a taser and Skylar used a stun gun or what looked like one. That will probably come into play later.

AlexDate: Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 05:10 | Message # 349
Group: Bloggers
I was stunned when I heard Zoe talk about blood loss and the amount of blood that Hicks had lost. It reminded me of River Tam talking about how quickly the human body could be drained of blood. I only mention this because if the story had been any less that what it was (great) then that reference would have seemed silly. But the story was strong and the acting was excellent. There was so much going on in this episode. What a cliffhanger, leaving Skylar and Stanton Parrish sitting across from each other.

This is great science fiction and really good story telling. I can't wait for the next episodes.

Summer did a great job of portraying a single mother struggling with raising a child. Skylar remains her brilliant, sharp-tongued, mistrustful self.

The choice of villain alphas was very interesting too. The stalker was handled well I thought. As he was shown while moving through the forest, he appeared on the periphery, like a ghostly and menacing presence, hinted at rather than seen in full sight. The burner alpha was creepy, unforgiving, and completely malevolent.

The level of craft on this show is really high. This show has really taken me by surprise. It gets better and better. More people need to see this show!

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Message edited by Alex - Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 05:39

riversfeetDate: Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 07:54 | Message # 350
As I mentioned on facebook and Twitter, I had a REALLY crappy day at work. Seeing Summer Glau on "Alphas" cheered me up. Just seeing her wondrous beauty, cute personality, and adorable voice acting in something new made my day and brightened things up.

Also, it's weird seeing her on TV now, that I've actually met her in real life.... TWICE, and she spoke highly of my cartoon work. In a way it was like seeing an acquaintance again.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 09:23 | Message # 351
Quote (Alex)
I was stunned when I heard Zoe talk about blood loss and the amount of blood that Hicks had lost. It reminded me of River Tam talking about how quickly the human body could be drained of blood. I only mention this because if the story had been any less that what it was (great) then that reference would have seemed silly.

I'm glad the writers didn't make many clear references to Summer Glau's previous tv shows because, as i said before, it's distracting from the main plot; this is fine with shows like TBBT or Chuck but not in Alphas. Besides, i don't want to watch Summer Glau imitating Summer Glau, i want to see her play a new character with it's own traits.

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 10:20 | Message # 352
I

Message edited by KevinInScotland - Thursday, 30 Aug 2012, 01:18

FermiDate: Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 10:31 | Message # 353
Quote (robbo)
sad :(hi everybody bare with me im new to this not very computer literate trying to find out when alphas is on in the uk it would be great if you could let me no thanks robbo

Please use the searchboxes and check if the thread already exist before creating a new thread.

Those could be found at the top left widget:

or at bottom right of the board:

Attachments: 0752203.png(4.2 Kb) · 6105644.png(5.5 Kb)

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 12:44 | Message # 354
I added a few clips from the first scenes with Summer Glau in Alphas 2x06 'Alphaville' in the News.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 12:56

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 15:31 | Message # 355
Like in every episode of Alphas, Alphaville had its share of action and fights; though the most important thing here was not the amount of cool stunts but the plot and character development.

First of all Skylar is not (has never been) another Alpha of the Week; we know she'll come in the finals episodes (in a pivotal role?). More, now than Stanton Parrish made her an offer, we're wondering if she will embrasse the "dark side" and join Parrish.

It seems like the member of the team are getting more power; it happened for Nina in a previous episode and it happened here with Rachel.

Once again, Dr Rosen's choices in the past, like revealing to the whole world the existence of the alphas, were challenged by the testimonies of members of the Alphaville community. Was it really for the greater good? Also Rosen hiding Parrish device from the eyes of Clay reinforce that he's making questionable decisions and blurrs the line between good and evil. I still think that the Alpha team led by Rosen are the good guys, until proven wrong, but Rosen follows a path that could be seen as equally questionable as Parrish's.

I was a bit disappointed we did not have an straight answer about the real function of the "phonic stimulator" at the end of the episode but Skylar's involvement and possible enrolment by Parrish, Rosen's questionable actions, Rachel's power amplification and Rosen's realisation there's a traitor were enough to draw an interesting episode. As Alex said, this is good story telling.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 16:18

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 16:04 | Message # 356
Alphas - Episode 2.07 - Gods and Monsters - Promo

"Gods and Monsters" airs on September 10, there is no new episode next week due to the Labor Day holiday.
A young Alpha reveals a deadly mind control ability that leads to a showdown between Rosen and Stanton Parish. Guest starring Connor Price as 'Jason Miller' and Lauren Holly as 'Senator Burton'; John Pyper-Ferguson as 'Stanton Parish'.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 18:34

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 28 Aug 2012, 17:21 | Message # 357
I

Message edited by KevinInScotland - Thursday, 30 Aug 2012, 01:17

speedcreed114Date: Thursday, 30 Aug 2012, 01:16 | Message # 358
I love this epísode!!! biggrin :D biggrin
Im waiting for 2 last episodes!!!

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 30 Aug 2012, 01:53 | Message # 359
Summer Glau as Skylar in Alphas 2x07 'Alphaville'

tvbythenumbers has published the ratings for the episodes Alphas 2x06 'Alphaville' and Warehouse 13 4x06 'Fractures', aired on Monday August 27 (respectively at 8pm for Alphas and 9pm for WH13)

Alphas : 0.5 in adult 18-49 demo(stable) and 1.73 millions viewers (+400 000, i.e. +25% change)
Season averages: 0.52 in the demo with 1.43 million.

WH 13 : 0.5 in adult 18-49 demo (-17%) and 1.866 millions viewers (stable)

The numbers confirms that Alphas is not a bad lead-in for WH13. The renewal of WH13 is looking good.

Alphas did well in terms of number of viewers and these numbers should be enough to get a season 3 but i'm not sure the show will keep such high numbers in the next episodes.
That Alphas gained +400 000 viewers but is stable on the 18-49 demo and that WH13 lost one tenth at 0.5 with the same number of viewers means that both shows skewed old in the demo; in other words, a larger proportion of people over 49 watched the shows. Is that so bad? Well, we know the 18-49 demo, is coveted by the advertisers who buy commercials but Syfy looks at the 25-54 demo too.

In order to let you to forge your own opinion, i have collected recent Q&A tweets from Craig Endler, Syfy's Vice-President and General Manager.

Craig Engler ‏@Syfy

Q) What's the #1 reason you decide to continue a series to the next season?
A) Good ratings (i.e. lots of viewers).

Q) How has the ratings game changed over the decades? Has it always been so numbers biased? Why is the 55+ group not counted?
A) Most recently ratings have changed to reflect the different ways consumers watch TV (e.g. DVRs). Yes, it's always been numbers based smile
The 55+ group is counted in ratings. Anyone over the age of 2 is counted in the ratings
TV nets often focus on the 18-49 demo because that demo is the one most in demand by the advertisers who buy commercials.

May i remind you that Alphas season premiere pulled a 0.6 in the demo and 1.75 millions viewers and plummeted after that, which means the current boost in viewers can be attributed to Summer Glau for the most part. Syfy must be happy with Summer Glau's return.

Alphas has made a decisive step toward renewal last Monday; i just wish it can keep those numbers.

My wishes/advices :
  • Summer Glau fans who watched Alphas for the first time should keep watching it ; don't forget that Summer Glau is coming back in the finals episodes (2x12 and 2x13).
  • Fans should watch Alphas at 8pm and not the 10pm re-run since the ratings are based on the 8pm showing.
  • Keep spreading the word : Alphas is great science fiction and really good story telling, more people need to see this show.
  • Try to convince WH13 and Grimm fans that they should watch Alphas.
  • Episode 2.07 "Gods and Monsters" airs on September 10, there is no new episode next week due to the Labor Day holiday, which means there's plenty of time to catch up with the show.

Side note : Summer Glau seems to have added a few older viewers to Alphas, that's for those who thinks Summer Glau's fans are 12 year old fanboys tongue

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 30 Aug 2012, 01:56
  •  
    chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 31 Aug 2012, 09:57 | Message # 360
    Fans are wondering if there been any talk of making Summer Glau a regular on Alphas. Given the ratings boost in ep 2x06, the answer is (probably) yes!

Also Skylar is coming back in the final episodes (2x12 & 2x13), which is another sign that she plays a pivotal role on the second season of Alphas and maybe third season, if one.

And If anyone had any doubt about it, here's what Alphas writers have to say :

If season 3? Who knows? We love her [Summer Glau] tho and think of her as part of the family.

Update : Alphas - Episode 2.07 - 2.09 - Synopsis

Episode 2.07 - Gods and Monsters
    The team is confronted with evidence of Parish's evil agenda; a young Alpha reveals a deadly ability.

Episode 2.08 - Falling
    Rosen discovers the identity of the mole; Kat tracks a mysterious new street drug that makes users temporarily invincible.

Episode 2.09 - The Devil Will Drag You Under
    Hicks turns defector and begins working for Parish; the team uncovers a plot to cause a massive, deadly blackout.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 31 Aug 2012, 13:51

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
    Search: