[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 22 of 42«1220212223244142»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
RNBMDate: Wednesday, 15 Aug 2012, 14:24 | Message # 316
Group: Friends
I was watching Terminator 2 on HBO last night and saw there was another reference in the Alphas to Terminator. When Nina tells Cameron to "Put down the gun." The way she tells him and the motion he used is the same as when John told Arnold to put down the gun during the scene right after Arnold just saved John from the T-1000 (the first time) and they were riding the motorcylce and John asked for a time out. Two muscle/gym guys came over to assist John after he was yelling at Arnold to let him go. Arnold went to shoot them and John pushed his arm, causing Arnold to miss and than John ordered Arnold to "Put the gun down".

AlexDate: Thursday, 16 Aug 2012, 01:52 | Message # 317
Group: Bloggers
If Alphas makes it to Season 8, and Summer is a major character (for the last four seasons), maybe the most evil Alpha foe finds a way to embed his consciousness into a computer and he becomes, oh I don't know, a controlling force that takes over the ballistic missile network and I think we can guess the rest. Summer as Skylar would of course make good her contention that she is really from the future as she invents a time travelling machine.

OK, I am kidding but I remember watching two of the show's principals describe their approach to the show during their first SDCC in almost the same terms that Josh Friedman did when it came to the struggle between being a procedural (alpha/terminator of the week) versus being serialized. Friedman referred to the film "My Dinner with Andre" to describe what TSCC could become if it became too introspective and the show runners of Alphas used almost exactly the same description. In other words, I think that the show runners of Alphas, besides being quite experienced, took a good look at TSCC and tried to avoid any of what they believed might be pitfalls.

Having said that though I think that Josh Friedman is a great writer and has a brilliant and inventive mind. Hopefully we will see his work again.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 16 Aug 2012, 15:57 | Message # 318
Group: Administrators
Share this Facebook post for more pictures/info of Summer Glau from next week's Alphas!

Alphas
Guess who is returning on next week's episode of Alphas? Skylar Adams, aka Summer Glau, is back. Want to know why? We'll tell you (and show you another sneak peek photo) if we receive 1,000 shares on this post!

Link on Facebook

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 17 Aug 2012, 09:49 | Message # 319
Late update on Alphas and Warehouse 13 ratings :

Episodes that aired on August 6, 2012. Alphas 2.03 'Alpha Dogs'

Alphas : 0.6 in adult 18-49 demo and 1.379 millions viewers
WH 13 : 0.6 in adult 18-49 demo and 1.632 millions viewers

Based on recent history, if Alphas ratings stays at its current level (0.6) i would think it will return.

Episodes that aired on August 13, 2012. Alphas 2.04 'When Push comes to shove'

Alphas : 0.4 in adult 18-49 demo and 0.988 million viewers
WH 13 : 0.5 in adult 18-49 demo and 1.561 millions viewers

Loss of two tenth and below 1 million viewers is disappointing; this is probably caused by NBC's popular serie Grimm returning this Monday Auguts 13 in a new time slot (the show has been moved from last season’s Friday time slot to a new Monday-at-10:00-PM spot.)

Source : tvbythenumbers

Take note: Alphas moves to a brand new time period beginning this coming Monday, now airing at 8pm then re-run of the new episode at the regular timeslot 10pm.
Check blogpost : Alphas - Two showings on Monday nights

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 17 Aug 2012, 16:22

AlexDate: Friday, 17 Aug 2012, 23:44 | Message # 320
Reference Post 319: This is somewhat disappointing but it is not, I believe, a trend. It may be solely to an audience being split. It will be interesting to see the numbers in Summer's episode.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 18 Aug 2012, 11:32 | Message # 321
Quote (Alex)
This is somewhat disappointing but it is not, I believe, a trend.

If you look at the ratings for the first season, Alphas has not a history of growing audience during the run of the season.

The only thing that can save it from the cancellation at the end of the season is the new time slot; we will know if that move was effective in a few days.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Saturday, 18 Aug 2012, 11:33

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012, 19:29 | Message # 322
I just watched episode 2.04 "When Push Comes to Shove" (The team works to take Nina in after she uses her ability to rob a bank)

This was clearly a stand-alone episodes and all the bloggers' reviews are complaining there's no Stanton Parrish mythology in this episode; may i tell them that a serialized serie filled with mysteries and mythology is no longer viable ratings wise on TV (The Event, TSCC, Alcatraz, Terra Nova).
Instead of whinning they should aknowledge that this episode was very touching and very well played, not to mention the action packed-scenes. Kudos to Alphas writers, each episode has its fair share of action scenes. As a comparieson, season one episode guest starring Garret Dillahunt was also a stand alone episode but it was not near the level of greatness of this episode.
Nina may not be a fan's favorite character but her backstory episode was well written and touching; i find myself overwhelmed by emotions while watching that episode while it never happens when i watch Continuum for example.
The episode was filled with more light-hearted B-plots like Rachel's flirting with the new guy.

Alphas is definitively the best sci-fi show on TV at the moment; it's maybe not 100% entertainment or shallow plots and your brain is even sometimes put to work which tv viewers don't seem to get.

Update : Read Io9's article This Week’s TV: Why You Should Drop Everything and Catch Up With Alphas

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012, 19:33

The1RussterDate: Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012, 19:57 | Message # 323
Group: Writer
I really don't see 2.04 as a standalone episode. It's more like a continuation of the Nina story arc begun in 2.01. That arc would have to be included and the only way to really address that story would be an episode inclusive to it alone and not bring up the major story arc other than a brief mention, if at all.

What happened to Nina is the result of Rosen going public about Alphas, which was because of Parish. Nina is a victim of Rosens actions and therefore part of the greater story involving Parish, albeit vicariously. So those who complain about the episode not being part of the Parish story are wrong.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012, 20:12 | Message # 324
Quote (The1Russter)
It's more like a continuation of the Nina story arc begun in 2.01.

Yes.
If you remember correctly, Skylar and Nina have a common past that we have not seen yet, maybe in the following episodes or in season 3.

Quote (The1Russter)
What happened to Nina is the result of Rosen going public about Alphas, which was because of Parish.

No.
This season has a major villain, Stanton Parrish, whose story is the overarching plot of the all season. There is no element linking directly this episode with Stanton Parrish master plan, only indirects links to previous situations.

That Parrish will use Nina's unstability to his own profit in a later episode is another story; then we may say that this episode is not a standalone.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012, 20:14

The1RussterDate: Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012, 21:56 | Message # 325
Group: Writer
You missed the point. Parish did one thing, Rosen reacted. During Rosens absence, Nina began her descent until finally going off the deep end. It is all connected, like a web. The episode allowed a chance to connect with Nina and her rebellion or deterioration. It's all connected. Which means this wasn't so much a standalone episode, but a chance to look into the damage, the victims, as it were, in this new war in which Alphas are going to choose sides. Nina now has a chance to begin again and hopefully repair the damage she's done, and get the help she desperately needs, to help Rosen and the other Alphas in the conflict with Parish.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012, 22:36

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012, 23:11 | Message # 326
Nina's deep wounds from her past are completely disconnected from Stanton Parish; that Nina went awol can be linked to Rosen's going public on the Alphas existence but has little to do with the grand scheme of the second season.

Take a look at this week episode 2.05 'Gaslight' : it was also a stand alone episode but the B-plot was focused on Stanton Parish (Nina and Dr Rosen trying to get informations from the senator) and even the A-plot resulted on a discovery leading to Parish, in this case the photic stimulater from August.

Alphas is not 'Happy Days', no episode is really a standalone episode, they all include serialised elements. Whereas tangible elements ties episode 2.05 with the overarching story, it's not the case in episode 2.04.

It looks like episode 2.06 will be deeply connected to Stanton Parish. Can you see the progression from episodes 2.04 to 2.06? This is intelligent writing, reflecting the long term vision of the showrunner, and not simply disconnected episodes writtent by different writers.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012, 23:11

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012, 23:12 | Message # 327
We can say that Skylar guest starred in episode 2.05...in a way. Indeed, her name was mentioned twice in the episode.

1) First time when Gary showed Skylar's phone to Anna at the hospital

This is a special phone skylar gave me. You'd like her, she has tatoos.

Gary used Skylar's phone when he was with Anna at the hospital

2) Second time when Dr Rosen said he could use Skylar's help to understand how the phonic stimulator works.

Gary, you remember this young woman you build you your phone?

Dr Rosen said he could use Skylar's help to undrestand how the phonic stimulator works.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 21 Aug 2012, 23:16

AlexDate: Wednesday, 22 Aug 2012, 04:17 | Message # 328
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Can you see the progression from episodes 2.04 to 2.06? This is intelligent writing, reflecting the long term vision of the showrunner, and not simply disconnected episodes writtent by different writers.

I agree with this observation - it is really intelligent writing supported by actors who turned in great performances. Everything works to support the story and I really like the darker tone and horror elements of this season. The Alpha team might not make it. Parrish might win. The government continues to be a brooding, dangerous, and unforgiving task master that is chillingly represented by the agent from Binghampton.

Last night in 2.05, the scenes in which the three Alphas were trying to kill themselves, believing that they were struggling against powerful forces arrayed against them, reminded me of some of the best work of Roman Polanski and that of Edward Norton in Fight Club. It was that good!

I think Summer is going to blow us out of the water next week. I read the IO9 article and I think they nailed it - this is turning into a really good series that more people need to watch.

Message edited by Alex - Wednesday, 22 Aug 2012, 19:28

REGDate: Wednesday, 22 Aug 2012, 11:58 | Message # 329
Group: Friends
just watched Gaslight. the series is getting very interesting now. the regular alphas are developing their skills and abilities more. Nina is on the team again. i hope she stays this time. she is useful at times though her pushing being so much like a drug to her it's going to be interesting how she develops her ability. and she can pull now too. very interesting. she reminds me very much of charles xavier or professor x as he is better known from the X-Men.

Gary mentioned Skylar, which i already anticipated since i know which episodes Summer is going to be in.

next week we get to see the lovely and beautiful Summer as Skylar!! i am really looking forward to seeing Alphaville.

Quote (Alex)
Last night in 2.06

you've seen it already? how can this be? according to imdb it hasn't aired yet. they have it listed to air on August 27th...
i realize you can download tv shows, which i do, but it has to have aired somewhere in the world to be able to do that...

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

AlexDate: Wednesday, 22 Aug 2012, 19:30 | Message # 330
you've seen it already? how can this be? according to imdb it hasn't aired yet. they have it listed to air on August 27th...
i realize you can download tv shows, which i do, but it has to have aired somewhere in the world to be able to do that...

My mistake; it was 2.05.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Page 22 of 42«1220212223244142»
Search: