menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 04 Jun 2012, 18:35 | Message # 256
Group: Administrators
Quote (raps100)
plus4chan . org/b/a/src/128568811912.jpg

Let me post this picture for you raps100!

click on image for larger size
Water Power

You're perfectly right, the photo posted in message #254 is cleary the same as this one; though Universal is not the one to blame in this case.
The pic you mentioned was used by Yolandi Grundeling to compete in the Alphas picture competition thrown by Universal Channel SA indeed but you won't see a new female character in Alphas with the ability of controlling the Water; my tagline was made in jest.

The official Twitter account of Universal Channel SA didn't took it seriously either and re-tweeted me btw

May i say that this picture is great and i can understand why Yolandi used it; i reckon she could have credited the original poster or said something like "my pic was inspired by..."
Though i also reckon that this kind of power does not matches the abilities of the Alphas Team and would be better in a X-Men sequel.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 04 Jun 2012, 18:36

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 06 Jun 2012, 22:50 | Message # 257
'Alphas' scoop: What's new in season 2 at EW

Nothing new on Summer's guest appearance though.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 12 Jun 2012, 19:42 | Message # 258
EW has published a new trailer for Alphas - Season 2. Nothing new on Summer though.

A blogger at TG Daily mentioned the lack of Summer Glau on the trailer :

There is a notable lack of any Summer Glau in this trailer which is disappointing. I was hoping that her character, Skylar, would become a regular, though the plot would have to be stretched a bit to make that work after what happened last time she appeared.

But he also hopes that Alphas's writers won't give up on the "Alphas of the week" format that worked quite well in season 1:

My hope is that they do not completely abandon the individual cases. So often shows like this get bogged down with the sub plots, and stop introducing us to new cases and adventures. The "monster a week" format is working for Alphas, and the subplots can remain subplots. The worst thing that the writers could do for this show is stop introducing a new Alpha each episode. The characters are great, but they can’t support the plot without the weekly case.

Columnists are always asking for more mithology and serialized elements but the fact is that tv watchers don't necessarily. This is the first time i read an article that uses pragmatic arguments .

I remember Alphas's creator Zak Penn swearing up and down when the show premiered that they won't use introduce an "alpha of the week"... which they did! I have no idea what new showrunner Bruce Miller has in mind for the second season.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 12 Jun 2012, 19:44

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 13 Jun 2012, 17:35 | Message # 259
I hope Eureka fans will switch to Alphas when Eureka will end his run on July 16

Warehouse 13 and Alphas will then take over, beginning July 23 to start their respective new seasons on Syfy.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 15 Jun 2012, 09:59 | Message # 260
We already know that both Syfy shows Warehouse 13 and Alphas share the same universe since Lindsay Wagner reprised her Warehouse 13 role of Dr Vanessa Calder in Alphas episode 1.06 "Never Let Me G"'.

And now Star Trek: The Next Generation’s Brent Spiner (Data), who guest starred in Alphas episode 1.09 "Blind Spot", will the new big bad on Warehouse 13 season four, not as the same character in Alphas though.
Brent Spinner has signed for a six-episode stint as a nemesis to warehouse curator Artie Nielsen, played by Saul Rubinek.
Source : TV Guide

Funny thing is the two actors reunite 22 years after last appearing together in Star Trek: The Next Generation's' "The Most Toys" :

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 20 Jun 2012, 17:08 | Message # 261
And in case Bruce Miller's presence on Alphas this year didn't convince Eureka's fans to watch the show, let me tell you that another Eureka alumni joined Alphas.
Matt Hastings has joined Syfy's "Alphas" as co-executive producer, continuing a role he originally served for 27 episodes of "Eureka".
This has to be at least something positive for "Eureka" fans who have to say good-bye to the show they have religiously followed for years.

If and how these two additions will influence the tone of the second season of Alpha remains to be seen.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 21 Jun 2012, 12:25 | Message # 262
New Trailer for Alphas season 2 on Syfy.
It looks like they stepped up a whole new level! Darker, action packed.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 23 Jun 2012, 16:38 | Message # 263
I managed to get hold of a copy of #Alphas season 1 DVD, despite a release due on July 17, 2012.

The DVD's Specials include deleted scenes from several episodes, not Summer Glau episode unfortunately sad

Here's a low res scan of the DVD cover :

I will probably make a detailed blogpost on the DVD set next Monday (with HQ scans and pictures).

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Sunday, 24 Jun 2012, 01:43

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 24 Jun 2012, 17:33 | Message # 264
I managed to get hold of a copy of #Alphas season 1 DVD, despite a release due on July 17, 2012.

I will probably make a detailed blogpost on the DVD set next Monday (with HQ scans and pictures)

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 25 Jun 2012, 14:13 | Message # 265
First look at Alphas Season 1 DVD set, including UHQ scans and screencaps of the deleted scenes on the Blog.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 02 Jul 2012, 19:15 | Message # 266
Alphas is coming to Comic-Con! Panel with the cast at 2pm on Saturday July, 14th in the Indigo Ballroom, Hilton San Diego Bayfront.

REGDate: Tuesday, 03 Jul 2012, 14:10 | Message # 267
Group: Friends
i started watching Alphas this week and i just finished watching episode 7, Catch and Release. i am liking the series. it's like a cross between Heroes and X-Men.
Summer's character Skylar Adams was quite interesting. her look is pretty different to anything i've seen her in before. and it was a bit distracting at first. i was trying to work out the tattoos on her arm, neck and other places. but after a few minutes i gave up on that. i enjoyed this episode. and her daughter in the show being a second generation alpha. i think that could be a major story arc if the series continues beyond season 2.
the brain for "Bob" was very interesting to me. i immediately thought of a Terminator's CPU. and how it could be Skynet. i know, i know, this isn't TSCC, but it was so similar.
i wonder what Skylar will be like in season 2 if she returns?

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

RNBMDate: Tuesday, 03 Jul 2012, 14:58 | Message # 268
[Summer's character Skylar Adams was quite interesting. her look is pretty different to anything i've seen her in before. and it was a bit distracting at first.]

Skylar may be one of my favorite looks for Summer. Very provocative.

The1RussterDate: Tuesday, 03 Jul 2012, 17:59 | Message # 269
Group: Writer
Quote (REG)
i started watching Alphas this week and i just finished watching episode 7, Catch and Release. i am liking the series. it's like a cross between Heroes and X-Men.
Summer's character Skylar Adams was quite interesting. her look is pretty different to anything i've seen her in before. and it was a bit distracting at first. i was trying to work out the tattoos on her arm, neck and other places. but after a few minutes i gave up on that. i enjoyed this episode. and her daughter in the show being a second generation alpha. i think that could be a major story arc if the series continues beyond season 2.
the brain for "Bob" was very interesting to me. i immediately thought of a Terminator's CPU. and how it could be Skynet. i know, i know, this isn't TSCC, but it was so similar.
i wonder what Skylar will be like in season 2 if she returns?

Last year when that episode aired I thought that episode had a nice little homage to Terminator with that scene.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

REGDate: Thursday, 05 Jul 2012, 13:48 | Message # 270
Quote (The1Russter)
Skylar may be one of my favorite looks for Summer. Very provocative.

it's not one of my favorites. but it's good that she went for a different look.

Quote (The1Russter)
Last year when that episode aired I thought that episode had a nice little homage to Terminator with that scene.

yep that's what i meant smile

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Thursday, 05 Jul 2012, 13:49

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Search: