menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 07 Nov 2011, 20:31 | Message # 226
Group: Administrators
These are Screen Actors Guild rates for 2009. (Don't know how accurate this article is.)

Theatrical Minimums An actress with a one-day speaking part in a movie, or Day Player, is guaranteed a minimum scale payment of $782 as of June 1, 2009, and $809 as of June 1, 2010. These amounts represent, respectively, a raise of 3 percent and 3.5 percent from the previous Day Player rate of $759. If the actress is on board a movie project a period of weeks, then her Weekly Performer rate is $2,713 (as of June 1, 2009) or $2,808 (as of June 1, 2010)

Television Lead Performer Minimums The formulas for actresses who play a recurring lead role on a TV series are one of the more complicated provisions of the SAG contract, reflecting the different blocks of guaranteed episodes the networks and studios tend to favor. For example, an actress on a half-hour program guaranteed for 13 episodes or more is assured a weekly rate of $2,713, while a similar engagement on a one-hour series will earn the performer $3,263 per week.

Television Guest Star Minimums The scale minimum rates for a lead actress on the small screen are the same as those for work on the big screen (see above). Additionally, there is a special overscale designation for small screen work of a Major Role Performer. Actresses who work five days on a half-hour program in this capacity earn a total of $4,301, or 10 percent above the aggregate day rate, while a similar eight-day engagement on a one-hour TV program shoot will earn an actress $6,882.

Source : SAG Salary Rates for a Lead Actress

These are minimums and i guess Summer Glau can ask more, considering her relative fame; i'm sure she's contacted from more guest spot than what she effectively does.

FYI we have discussed the benefits of her guest appearance on Alphas for the show itself (see Summer Glau in ALPHAS on SyFy), in terms of ratings or advertising online.

Obviously, Summer is a great plus each time she appear on a serie, even for a guest spot.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 07 Nov 2011, 20:31

samchn07Date: Friday, 16 Dec 2011, 13:47 | Message # 227
Group: Users
that can happen anytime by the way!

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 16 Dec 2011, 14:07 | Message # 228
Quote (samchn07)
that can happen anytime by the way!

Hi samchn07 and welcome to the Summer Glau Wiki!
Could you develop your comment please, i'm not sure i understand it completely?

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 18 Jan 2012, 14:19 | Message # 229
Last year, Syfy channel had to choose between airing two different shows about people with special abilities going on difficult missions : Alphas and Three Inches. Fortunately, Syfy went with Alphas but the channel aired Three Inches pilot (without absolutely no advertising) on December 29, 2011.

Three Inches was probably not destined for greatness but it had an impressive cast line. Although the main character, Walter, is played by an unknown actor, you may know the other actors : Walter's love interest is Jo from Supernatural, his other love interest is Jesse from Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (and Kendra from Battlestar Galactica: Razor), his probably-evil mentor is Spike from Buffy The Vampire Slayer.), his team-mates include Death from Supernatural, and Tosh from Torchwood, and so on.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 09 Feb 2012, 14:42

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 09 Feb 2012, 15:57 | Message # 230
While waiting for a possible return of Skylar Adams on Alphas, here are some news about James Middleton, one of TSCC executives producers, related to Syfy channel.

According to Variety, Jamie Paglia, co-creator and executive producer of Eureka (Syfy) and James Middleton, exectutive procuder on TSCC, team to produce a pilot for Syfy, called "Bob from Corporate", directed by Matt Hastings.

James Middleton, Summer Glau, Thomas Dekker, and Richard T. Jones at L.A. Sci-Fi & Comic Conin 2008

The story is about a clandestine organization, known only as "Corporate," that solves dangerous mysteries caused by science and technology gone awry, topped by an enigmatic leader who operates with a strong moral code and "a very big gun."

The1RussterDate: Thursday, 09 Feb 2012, 16:21 | Message # 231
Group: Writer
The proposed series with SyFy and James MIddleton sounds much like 11th Hour and the first season of Fringe.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Thursday, 09 Feb 2012, 16:31

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 26 Feb 2012, 17:10 | Message # 232
Laura Mennell, who plays Nina Theroux on Syfy's Alphas, twitted that Alphas is coming back for season 2, while the shooting starts next Months (March 2012).

Air date is not known.

Alphas Production Stills

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Sunday, 26 Feb 2012, 17:12

The1RussterDate: Sunday, 26 Feb 2012, 20:03 | Message # 233
I hope Summer Glau makes another appearance on ALPHAS. I enjoyed her character Skylar, very different to other characters Summer has played in the past.

Marcel93Date: Sunday, 26 Feb 2012, 20:20 | Message # 234
Group: Friends
Quote (The1Russter)
I hope Summer Glau makes another appearance on ALPHAS. I enjoyed her character Skylar, very different to other characters Summer has played in the past.

I have also enjoyed very much, really something else, especially her hair style *. *

http://www.fanfiction.net
http://www.fanfiktion.de

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 27 Feb 2012, 00:35 | Message # 235
Exactly folks!
Summer Glau's episode in Alphas was a game-changer; Skylar forced the team to realise that they were only government puppets, thus foreshadowing the season finale where Dr Rosen rebelled and unveiled to the world the existence of the alphas.

And to say that tv.com most famous columnist criticized the episode because he thought it was just a "Chase and run" episode, disconnected from the overarching story.Lol

Side note : not a fan of the hair and tatoos but i guess it fits the rebellious side of Skylar.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 27 Feb 2012, 00:36

The1RussterDate: Monday, 27 Feb 2012, 01:18 | Message # 236
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Exactly folks!
Summer Glau's episode in Alphas was a game-changer; Skylar forced the team to realise that they were only government puppets, thus foreshadowing the season finale where Dr Rosen rebelled and unveiled to the world the existence of the alphas.

And to say that tv.com most famous columnist criticized the episode because he thought it was just a "Chase and run" episode, disconnected from the overarching story.Lol

Side note : not a fan of the hair and tatoos but i guess it fits the rebellious side of Skylar.

I would say that the so-called famous columnist wasn't paying attention to the show or series.

My take is, don't criticize an episode immediately after it airs in genre's like this. You have no idea how the events portrayed will in turn effect the rest of the story. In this case, as you pointed out, it changed Dr. Rosen's and his teams thinking about what they were doing.

Message edited by The1Russter - Monday, 27 Feb 2012, 01:20

BlaziusDate: Monday, 27 Feb 2012, 15:56 | Message # 237
Group: Friends
Quote (The1Russter)

Skyler was a very compelling and fantastic character and I really hope too that we can see more of her. The team behind Alphas is aware of Summers abilities on some level judging by the episode so I think we have a chance to see her again.

Quote (chrisdvanne)

Surprisingly those traits managed to grow on me . One of the reasons I like Skylar is that she demonstrates how diverse is Summers acting repertoire. She used to play more beautiful, more girly characters at least in appearance but Skyler couldn't be further from it partly thanks to the hair a tatoos. Yet Summer did a perfect job again.

Also, it may sound strange but I think it resembles Summers inner self a bit too. OK, not the roguish side maybe but Skylar seems a very tough girl who gets the job done no matter what and in a way Summer is like that too, rather than the fragile princess some people might believe her to be.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 27 Feb 2012, 16:57 | Message # 238
Quote (Blazius)
The team behind Alphas is aware of Summers abilities on some level judging by the episode so I think we have a chance to see her again.

Well, that was before Alphas's former showrunner Ira Steven Behr (who has worked with Summer in The 4400) was replaced by former Eureka (now cancelled) showrunner Bruce Miller; though tbh i have no idea if this will have an impact on Skylar's return.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 29 Feb 2012, 17:57 | Message # 239
Alphas airs on Syfy France since February 21th, 2012.

Summmer Glau's episode is scheduled on March 13th, 2012 at 08:45pm CET; the title is not "Catch and Release" but simply "Skylar"

20:45 Alphas
Episode 7: Skylar
Skylar Adams, une jeune alpha qui a pour particularité d'inventer de puissants objets à partir de matières ordinaires, s'est échappée de son laboratoire alors que des soldats allaient y faire irruption. Le docteur Rosen et son équipe tentent de la retrouver afin de la protéger. Pendant ce temps, Bill et sa femme Jeannie discutent de la possibilité de faire un enfant avec le risque que lui aussi soit un alpha...

Syfy Fr schedule

The1RussterDate: Wednesday, 29 Feb 2012, 20:52 | Message # 240
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Quote (Blazius)
The team behind Alphas is aware of Summers abilities on some level judging by the episode so I think we have a chance to see her again.

Well, that was before Alphas's former showrunner Ira Steven Behr (who has worked with Summer in The 4400) was replaced by former Eureka (now cancelled) showrunner Bruce Miller; though tbh i have no idea if this will have an impact on Skylar's return.

Seeing as how Skylar was pivotal for the Alpha team to rebel against the government agency, Bruce Millar would be foolish not to have Summer return to reprise her role at least once in season 2.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Search: