menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 30 Sep 2011, 00:28 | Message # 211
Group: Administrators
Alphas ratings : the numbers since the pilot are as following (18-49 demo ratings and millions viewers):

Pilot : 0.9 and 2.5
Ep 2 : 0.8 and 2.225
Ep 3 : 0.7 and 1.934
Ep 4 : 0.7 and 2.031
Ep 5 : 0.7 and 2.011
Ep 6 : 0.6 and 1.832
Ep 7 : 0.7 and 1.879
Ep 8 : 0.6 and 1.789
Ep 9 : 0.5 and 1.510
Ep 10 : 0.5 and 1.390
Ep 11 : 0.5 and 1.162

For the last 3 episodes, the ratings were steady but Alphas lost viewers since the return of Monday Night Football and the broadcast network programs. Maybe Syfy should have scheduled their Monday lineup (Eureka, Warehouse 13 and Alphas) before Labor Day because they could have had much better ratings.
This is a shame and really disappointing ratings for Alphas, the most intelligent sci-fi show on cable.

Unfortunatelly we don't have the numbers for Eureka and Warehouse 13 this Monday 26th to make comparisons because only Alphas aired (Eureka has its season finale last week and W13 is on a hiatus) but Eureka's cancellation is still justified since Eureka is an older show (TV shows production cost increase season after season) and costs more to produce than Alphas for example; Eureka is not a bad show or a ratings failure, it was just not economically viable anymore, that's all.

It would be interesting to have Alphas Live+7 days numbers like Syfy did to justify the renewal for a second season; obviously less viewers watched Alphas live+Same day when all the networks have scheduled their new grid but if Alphas live+3 days or Live+7 days are steady, it would be great for Alphas.

Obviously the numbers of Alphas season finale don't reflect the potential of the serie and i hope the long hiatus before the second season, scheduled in 2012, will help to improve its fanbase thanks to repeats on Syfy.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 01 Oct 2011, 01:51 | Message # 212
Group: Friends
BTW do we have any information or rumor about a future guest appearance or anything for that matter? What is she doing right now exactly?

I mean Summer of course.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Saturday, 01 Oct 2011, 01:52

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 01 Oct 2011, 08:55 | Message # 213
Quote (Blazius)
BTW do we have any information or rumor about a future guest appearance or anything for that matter?

Yes i know what she's doing next but i can't say it because Summer asked me to do so.

Nomad79Date: Saturday, 01 Oct 2011, 14:41 | Message # 214
Ha! That was a good one, I opened the spoiler!

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 03 Oct 2011, 11:59 | Message # 215
Quote (Nomad79)
Ha! That was a good one, I opened the spoiler!

Blazius made a reference to the fact that The Summer Glau Wiki knew that Summer Glau's secret project was a guest spot on Alphas, weeks before it was announced by Syfy. Take a look here : http://summer-glau.com/forum/24-158-5453-16-1309369931

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 03 Oct 2011, 12:00 | Message # 216
Alphas showrunner : Bruce Miller replacing Ira Steven Behr

Bruce Miller has joined Alphas as executive producer/showrunner. He is replacing Ira Steven Behr, Alphas showrunner in its first season. Let's remind that Alphas has been renewed by Syfy for a second season, airing on Syfy next Summer.

Bruce Miller was most recently Syfy's Eureka executive producer/showrunner, which has wrapped production for its fifth and final season last month. Previously, Miller worked on ER, Medium or The 4400.

At this time, we have no information why Ira Steven Behr is quitting Alphas; i hope this change at the head of Alphas won't have an influence on Skylar probable return in Alphas Season 2.

Source : Bruce Miller Joins Syfy Series ‘Alphas’ As New Showrunner at Deadline

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 08 Oct 2011, 08:19 | Message # 217
Good for him : Malik Yoba to guest star in Nikita !

Alphas star Malik Yoba is set to infiltrate Nikita.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the The CW’s spy series has tapped the Syfy actor to guest star as Wallace, a tough and unpredictable Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agent who interferes with Alex’s (Lyndsy Fonseca) quest for vengeance. He’ll appear in the Nikita episode airing Nov. 18.

Source : Nikita Exclusive: Alphas Star Lays Down the Law at tvline

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 08 Oct 2011, 15:04 | Message # 218
Alphas to air on UK's Channel 5*, according to Digital Spy. It will be broadcast from mid October.

Channel 5*’s Head of Acquisitions, Paul Fagan, published a press release about the channel buying the rights to air the Alphas, that says :
“With its high octane, exhilarating action, Alphas is the perfect addition to the autumn schedule on 5*...We’re thrilled to have secured this new acquisition from NBCUniversal and hope the viewers enjoy the ride.”

The1RussterDate: Saturday, 08 Oct 2011, 16:32 | Message # 219
Group: Writer
Any rumor if Summer Glau will make an appearance in Season 2? or perhaps become a regular or reoccurring character?

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 12 Oct 2011, 17:39 | Message # 220
Most Promising New Sci-fi Series - Alphas : Season 2

Season 2 of Alphas coming in 2012!

Quote (The1Russter)
Any rumor if Summer Glau will make an appearance in Season 2? or perhaps become a regular or reoccurring character?

Not yet but i'm giving clues at the Hidden messages thread : Did Skylar (Summer Glau) helped the alphas team directly during episode 11 'Original Sin' ?

FermiDate: Saturday, 15 Oct 2011, 17:21 | Message # 221
Alphas will debut in the UK 18th october on 5*.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2011, 23:02 | Message # 222
Quote (Fermi)
Alphas will debut in the UK 18th october on 5*.

Warren Christie, who plays Cameron Hicks in Alphas, tweeted about Alphas debuts in UK channel 5* :

HWarrenChristie
#Alphas is on at 10pm in the U.K on 5*, tune in sort, of a homecoming for myself and @RyanCartwright

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 07 Nov 2011, 16:13 | Message # 223
I recently watched Smallville serie finale and i had the surprise to see Laura Menell (who plays mind-pusher Nina Therous in Alphas) in a small guest spot.

Laura Mennell in Smallville finale

Laura Mennell has an impressive list of guest spot in sci-fi tv shows in recent years btw (Smallville twice, Supernatural, Fringe, Eureka, The 4400,...) ; though it's the case for all actors living in Canada, where a lot of series are filming for budget reasons.

termi-ninja-torDate: Monday, 07 Nov 2011, 17:31 | Message # 224
I wonder how much an actor or actress gets paid for a guest spot.

I suppose it depends on who the guest is and also on the nature of the guest's character. Like I would expect Summer would get paid more for her Alphas appearance than, say, Laura would get paid for her Smallville appearance.

How much would you pay for Summer to appear on your sci fi show?

Message edited by termi-ninja-tor - Monday, 07 Nov 2011, 17:31

FordStaffDate: Monday, 07 Nov 2011, 17:43 | Message # 225
How much would you pay for Summer to appear on your sci fi show?

If I personally made a sci-fi show I would be willing to fork out a whole episode's budget for her appearance. That may be a bit excessive for just a guest appearance, but it would seem blasphemous to have the opportunity and not take it.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Search: