[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 14 of 42«1212131415164142»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 14 Sep 2011, 17:06 | Message # 196
Group: Friends
The ratings not looking too good. I love how Summer made a jump in the ratings through which even Brent Spiner couldn't achieve (what are the TNG Data fans doing exactly?) but if the show gets cancelled there won't be any more Skyler for sure.

Quote (michelangelo)
Side note : you can see clearly the ratings bump due to Summer Glau's guest appearance. But as it was the case for TSCC or The Cape, even if viewers says they continue to watch the show only for her, it's not enough to insure high ratings

I don't think its very common that a single actor keeps running an entire show herself. I wish Summer could change that but it would be nigh impossible . Its clear that there is something with these shows which the major population doesn't like and that thing needs to change to raise ratings.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 14 Sep 2011, 17:32 | Message # 197
Group: Administrators
The ragings i give are Live + Same Day, that is the number that watched a program either while it was broadcast OR watched via DVR on the same day the program was broadcast.

In its press release annoucing Alphas renewal, Syfy brings forward Live + 7 DVR data in which Alphas averaged 3.3 millions viewers; if viewers don't watch Alphas 'Live' but only postpone their viewing for a few days it's not that bad, considering the total number of viewers will be the same at the end of the 7 days.
Also Syfy seems to take in account other medias :
Alphas has scored impressive numbers with on demand viewers since its July launch averaging over 240,000 plays within 7 days per episode.Alphas is also Syfy’s most popular series in digital downloads.

I have always told you that Alphas renewal was looking good and there is no reason to worry now because the all Monday lineup suffered from the return of the Monday Night Football on ESPN (Warehouse 13 lost 0.2 points in adult 18-49 rating). It will be the same next week but Syfy execs had anticipated that already when they decided to renew Alphas.

As usual, we don't have all datas to be able to evaluate the situation correctly.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 18 Sep 2011, 08:33 | Message # 198
If you're still not convinced about the quality of Alphas, wired.com has published an article for you : 10 Reasons Why Alphas Is Better Than Heroes

Among interesting points, the article aknowledges that Summer Glau is the star of the guest stars :
8. Guest stars!

Sure, Summer Glau showed up, as she does in every science fiction show but Lindsey Wagner also appeared in one episode, and there was Brent Spiner and Alaina Huffman, among others. And the show uses them far more effectively than Heroes, which wasted Christopher Eccleston.

Yet, instead of claiming that Summer guest stars in "every science fiction show", which is obviously not true, i would have preferred that the articles wonders why so many sci-fi shows demands her and if/why she's a great addition to a show.

Hey, it's the internet, where false informations and bad jokes seems to rules among bloggers and users as well. And if by chance one try to answer in an thoughful way, some says you have no sense of humour or that you're a 12 year old fanboy.
I have the feeling (hope) the Summer Glau Wiki has not embrassed that despicable and offensive-to-the-human-intelligence path so far.

termi-ninja-torDate: Sunday, 18 Sep 2011, 15:20 | Message # 199
SyFy does rebroadcast Alphas several times during the week after an episode's Monday first run. When I miss the Monday airing, I always make a point of catching a rerun later in the week. I wonder if my viewings would be counted as "live"? (Of course, I am not a Nielsen viewer so what I watch doesn't count anyhow.)

or that you're a 12 year old fanboy

Hey, there's nothing wrong about being a 12 year old fanboy!

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 18 Sep 2011, 15:36 | Message # 200
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
I always make a point of catching a rerun later in the week. I wonder if my viewings would be counted as "live"?

'Live' is only when you watch the program when it airs (Nielsen family or not); the ratings i give (those who matters the most for the advertisers) are Live+Same Day. Supposing you watch the program during the week following the original airing (Monday 10pm in this case), it' will be counted in the Live+7 Days numbers and Syfy went by those numbers to justify Alphas's renewal.
Traditionally, advertisers take in account Live+3 Days though, and networks rarely tell the real reasons of their choice to renew or cancel a show. This is rule number one when it comes to Press Releases : never believe them.

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Hey, there's nothing wrong about being a 12 year old fanboy!

Except when you're a 45 year old fanboy and you're assimilitad to a "virgin" as they say in a derogatory way (i don't).

termi-ninja-torDate: Sunday, 18 Sep 2011, 17:14 | Message # 201
Quote (michelangelo)
Except when you're a 45 year old fanboy and you're assimilitad to a "virgin" as they say in a derogatory way (i don't).

I think when you are 45 years old, you would be called a "fan" not a "fanboy" anymore. (Is "fanboy" a state of mind?)
And not all 12 year old boys are still "virgins."

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 20 Sep 2011, 09:51 | Message # 202
Did you know River's mom guest starred in Alphas?

Isabella Hoffman played a revengeful alphas in Alphas episode 5 “Never Let Me Go” but she also played Regan River (River and Simon's mom) in Firefly episode 7 "Safe".

Isabella Hoffman in Alphas (on the right)

termi-ninja-torDate: Tuesday, 20 Sep 2011, 19:19 | Message # 203
Quote (michelangelo)
Did you know River's mom guest starred in Alphas?

Isabella Hoffman played a revengeful alphas in Alphas episode 5 “Never Let Me Go” but she also played Regan River (River and Simon's mom) in Firefly episode 7 "Safe".

She does appear quite motherly ("mommish"?). But WATCH OUT! She could become typecast as "The Sci Fi Mom" and this would limit her career! (lol)

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 21 Sep 2011, 08:55 | Message # 204
Alphas : Episode 11 Season Finale 'Original Sin'

The Alphas' trust stands the ultimate test when Red Flag escalates the war on the Department of Defense.

Alphas Season Finale Monday September 26 at 10/9c.

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 21 Sep 2011, 15:44

FermiDate: Thursday, 22 Sep 2011, 02:05 | Message # 205
The OT posts have after suggestion been moved to this thread instead http://summer-glau.com/forum/24-103-4

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 22 Sep 2011, 02:13 | Message # 206
On a more light note, Skylar has been quoted in last Monday episode, when Nina was being interrogated by Clay at Binghamton :

Clay : You think we don't know what happened with Skylar Adams?
Nina : Helping Skylar was the right thing to do.

It's something rare on a tv show, even more on a procedurial, to quote a previous case. The writers seemed to have introduced Skylar's name as if she was a part of the serie; that and the fact we've been told she had a past with Dr Rosen and Nina makes me believe that Skylar/Summer Glau has definitively a future on Alphas

FermiDate: Thursday, 22 Sep 2011, 02:50 | Message # 207
Quote (michelangelo)
message #204 of this thread should have been moved but instead another post was moved by mistake to new thread (post #52 at new thread)

I fixed it.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 26 Sep 2011, 12:03 | Message # 208
Chat with Alphas co-creator Zak Penn live during Alphas season finale on Syfy Monday, September 26 at 10pm.

This is a great opportunity to ask your questions about Alphas, the cast and the possible return of Summer Glau in season 2. More, Syfy is giving away a T-Shirt to random participants!

Click on image for bigger size

Source : Syfy Connect

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 28 Sep 2011, 11:27 | Message # 209
Comment that pretty much sums up what i think about Alphas :

From BallisticGE0RGE @Brain Lock

Completely disregard Heroes when you look at this show. This show, unlike Heroes...
A. Has characters with problems that are more than just mellow drama. Including extreme physical and mental flaws.
B. Does not waste major plotlines, and resolves issues in a timely fashion.
C. Does not have an oversize cast, of talent-less actors.
D. Does not rely on over the top special effects to make a scene interesting.
E. Reuses super powers in interesting ways.
F. Puts new spin on existing powers, including major pitfalls to the realistic application of having such a power.
G. Does not rely on catchy one liners or shitty slogans like "Yata!" Or "Save the Cheerleader"
H. Does not jump around in time and space, needlessly.
I. Does not kill characters just to bring them back over and over again.
J. Does not have a staff crying about their effects budget.
K. Does not oversell the super hero genre as a popular comic book fad, instead, keeps it true to it's scifi roots.
L. Does not waste screen time on extremely boring characters.
M. Does not have characters who repeatedly switch from good to evil to good to evil...
N. Does not ignore the serious application of superpowers.
O. Does not ignore the fear and bias a real world may have of super powers.
P. Does not plainly present every character and idea as purely good or evil.
Q. Does not have crappy season titles like "Villains" or "Evolution!"
R. Does not build up relationships only for them to go no where.
S. Does not force comedic relief down your through....

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 28 Sep 2011, 18:43 | Message # 210
Did Skylar (Summer Glau) helped the alphas team directly during episode 11 'Original Sin' ?

See the clues at : Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages in movies/tv shows

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Page 14 of 42«1212131415164142»
Search: