[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 10 of 42«12891011124142»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 00:32 | Message # 136
Group: Administrators
Exclusive report from an early screening of Alphas 1x07 Catch and Release

Genre fans love Summer Glau. From her role as the enigmatic River in Firefly to the cold, but somehow compassionate Cameron in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. But this Monday, August 22, we get to see her in one of her most exciting roles to date.

Summer appears as a rogue Alpha with a knack for making stuff out of anything at hand. A sort of super-MacGyver. But her stuff is much cooler than Richard Dean Anderson could ever imagine. And she has a past with Doctor Rosen’s team. Now she’s on the run, and it’s up to our team of Alpha heroes to bring her in.

Fans of Summer Glau will find this role, I believe, quite enjoyable. She’s not mentally unbalanced, coldly emotionless, one-dimensionally kick-ass, or even a psychotic genius this time. She’s just a brilliant and gifted woman on a mission. This episode is a roller-coaster ride from the start, so strap in and enjoy.

Source : http://tuningintoscifitv.com/2011....n-alpha

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 00:44 | Message # 137
Group: Friends
When was a kick ass Summer character one dimensional exactly?

Other than that her role sounds very promising.
If they let Summer do her job then we can welcome our new sci-fi icon, I'm sure!

And MacGyver was a good show cool

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

DevoDate: Sunday, 21 Aug 2011, 01:22 | Message # 138
The Initiation of Sarah

I like Summer's preppie look and Texas cheerleader hairdo. tongue

And of course the Summer Glau squee!!!!!!!

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 22 Aug 2011, 16:14 | Message # 139
thetvaddict.com has seen the episode with Summer Glau and reveals some important plots about the storie and Skylar, the alpha played by Summer Glau.

It's up to you if you want to be spoiled or not; this is why i won't reproduce extracts of the article but just link to it.

We Preview Tonight’s ALPHAS with Special Guest Star Summer Glau

FermiDate: Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011, 00:22 | Message # 140
Here is the sneakpeak video

You can't stop the signal!

termi-ninja-torDate: Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011, 05:40 | Message # 141
Summer looked good on Alphas. Her face was shown beautifully. I even got used to the weird hair. It all worked out well.

I thought she played her character just right. She was perfectly cast for the role.

The way they ended it leads me to think she could return for another episode sometime in the future.

The action was pretty good, but the story was a little weak.

Overall, I quite enjoyed this episode, but I am biased by being so happy with Summer's presence in it.

Jason_ConnorDate: Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011, 05:54 | Message # 142
She was awesome in the episode but IMHO I would have to say that I would give the episode a 9 out of 10, I'm still a fanboy who wants Summer to be the action star but she was very smart so that made up for it. Awesome ending, the creators (or writers) of the show could probably bring her back but it would have to be a very good reason.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011, 09:56 | Message # 143
I'll try to be not too spoilerish for those who haven't seen the episode yet; notice we will watch and discuss it in the Viewers Club next week.

As the Alpha of the Week, Summer Glau had decent screen time : i wish she had more but there is 6 main characters in Alphas (5 alphas in the team and Dr Rosen). Notice also that Summer had much more screen time and focus than the other guests recently announced (Lundsay Wagner, Alaina Huffman and Peter Wingfield).
I was not so found of her wig that covered half her face and i don't like the tatoos either but that means the writers have bet on her acting skills and on the character itself and not on her good looks (i'm thinking about 'The Cape' of course).

Catch and Release Promo trailer included almost all action scenes, as it is often the case but those scenes were spectacular enough for a tv show.
Precisely, i think the most interesting feature of the episode was the balance between action and character development; at least 4 alphas from the team (Bill, Gary, Nina/Cameron) and also Dr Rosen have seen improvement of their characters on a personal or professional level, and not on minor but on important points.

Before the episode airs, i was concerned about the background story of the character played by Summer being credible and i was not disappointed; not only was it detailed but it was at the center of Skylar's motive to go off the grid. The writers messed up with us about conspiracy theories and Reg Flag involvement at the begining of the episode but the explanations of Skylar's motives was a nice twist. I don't know if many of us saw that coming. Also it answer partially your previous question about skylar's age, ninja.

Obviously, the show runners have left the door open for Summer coming back in next seasons (think about the feature of the electronic gift she gave to Gary at the end of the episode).

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011, 18:07 | Message # 144
Alphas : Press Review of Summer Glau Performance

Reviews of 'Catch and Release' are out! The following extracts focus on Summer Glau's character in Alphas episode 7; to a various degree, all reviews praises Summer's acting performance and credibility as Skylar Adams and every columnist whishes Summer Glau comes back in Alphas in the (probable) next season.

Todd VanDerWerff for A.V. Club
Last week, I complained some about Alphas’ guest casting, so let’s do some credit where credit’s due stuff and point out that Summer Glau was pretty awesome as Skylar, a sort of one-woman Radio Shack who could put together insanely wacky gadgets out of shit she just found laying around...
I’d certainly be pleased if, in season two, Alphas decided it needed a new character or two and brought her back to hang out with the team...
So another rock-solid outing for Alphas, complete with a very good guest star and some fun genre plotting that led to an unexpected twist.

Nick McHatton for tvfanatic
"Catch and Release" ended up posing more questions than it answered, but Summer Glau was back on my TV, so how can I complain?
... I'll ask what everyone is thinking: when can Glau come back?

Robert L for seriable.com
From my perspective, she generally plays characters who are supposed to be “emotionless,” a difficult feat. A difficult feat for the reason that even an emotionless character still needs to portray a very disguised amount of emotional cues. Which she does very well.

That being said, she plays a relatively put-together woman with surface emotion this time around. And she does that … less well. But still well.

Dyanamaria for daemonstv
I loved Skylar’s character in this episode and although
, so I hope that means it’s not the last that we’ll see of her on Alphas.

Ernie Estrella for buzzfocus.com
The talented sci-fi-favorite Summer Glau (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, Firefly) guest-starred in “Catch and Release” as Skylar Adams
Skylar, like Marcus Ayers in “Cause & Effect” helped bridge the established history to the present day without the need of flashbacks or long-winded exposition. It feels like the inception of Rosen and the alpha operative (DCIS) and that time period is equally intriguing as the present team. While Glau can’t seem to escape being cast into science fiction characters who are either gifted with abilities or have an affinity with machines, her enjoyment in these roles comes through the performance; she was a natural fit in the show. Most importantly, Skylar’s story brought out past, present and future paternal relationships, including Rosen’s past with her and his care of the alpha team and their personal lives.

Hopefully this means Zak Penn and Michael Karnow are planning future episodes with Glau... I won’t hide my feelings that Glau would be a terrific addition as a cast regular.

Erin Willard for scifimafia.com
YES, SUMMER GLAU! And my favorite episode to date...
Summer’s part was terrific and she looked terrific, the part and the look both being a little edgy. She was allowed some personality and some action, and her character and Alpha ability were engaging; it was a bit of a mashup with River from Firefly and Orwell from The Cape. It’s always great to see Summer, especially in a well-written role...
Factoring in the addition of Summer Glau and the continuing character development made this one of the strongest Alphas episodes yet.

Eric Goldman for IGN
Ah, Summer Glau, you awesome queen of geek TV, it's good to see you on Alphas – especially since your talents were wasted in the oh-so goofy The Cape this year. This episode marked a reunion for Glau with Alphas executive producer Ira Steven Behr, after the two had previously worked together on The 4400...
The bad hair aside, Skylar was a cool character, well-played by Glau – moody and distrustful, but highly motivated to escape any out to capture her...
Because more Summer Glau is always a good thing.

More articles will be added as they're released online.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 25 Aug 2011, 15:33

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011, 19:53 | Message # 145
I enjoyed Summers episode very much I must say. Honestly I had doubts about this role mainly because its very different from what Summer has played so far. In the past her characters never crossed the line of certain femininity and "cleanness" for example. Skyler is some kind of dirty Glau now and I wasn't sure I will like it or not. However I had blind fate in her and I said "she will handle it, she never disappointed us before". The best thing about her is that she indeed never disappoints us.

Skyler was just as lively and believable character as River or Cameron. Summers expressions, body stances and even the tone of her voice represented the characters personality so well as if she were this person the whole of her life. Its incredible if you think that she can play a total opposite character just as believably(like Tess or Bennett). You can say that the writers and the stylists are doing it but I've never experienced this with any other actors. Its Summer, believe me! Now I firmly believe that she can play literally any role imaginable just as professionally.

I saw almost every show and movie she was in. I think I'm quite familiar with her work. But she manages to surprise me in every new thing I see from her despite this.

Her character was well written and intriguing with a nice "Summer is far superior than the rest of the world" touch. I also liked that she is a neutral character not a good guy but if she would join the main cast I wouldn't object.

And I hope that after this episode and the praising reviews everybody realizes finally that Summer is one of the most talented actresses of our time at the very least in television.

termi-ninja-torDate: Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011, 20:04 | Message # 146
I wonder who is
father.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011, 20:13 | Message # 147
I've seen it original version and there is some parts i missed; not sure it was addressed though.

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 23 Aug 2011, 23:53 | Message # 148
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
I wonder who is

father.

I'm very curious too!

I'm pretty sure it wasn't mentioned in the episode.

Hopefully we will find it out in the next Summer episode! happy (I hope there will be another)

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 24 Aug 2011, 00:01

FermiDate: Wednesday, 24 Aug 2011, 00:38 | Message # 149
Quote (michelangelo)
Pilot : 0.9 and 2.5
Ep 2 : 0.8 and 2.225
Ep 3 : 0.7 and 1.934
Ep 4 : 0.7 and 2.031
Ep 5 : 0.7 and 2.011
Ep 6 : 0.6 and 1.832

Ep 7: 0.7 and 1.879

Alphas ratings went up the Summer Glau effect!

Source tvbythenumbers

You can't stop the signal!

Jason_ConnorDate: Wednesday, 24 Aug 2011, 00:45 | Message # 150
Also IGN gave a good review, they seemed pleased with Summer's performance

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer Glau on ALPHAS - Syfy
Page 10 of 42«12891011124142»
Search: