menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » New Network TV Pilots for Fall 2011 (Announcements and discussion about fall 2011 series)
New Network TV Pilots for Fall 2011
chrisdvanne_ Post # 31 | Tuesday, 02 Aug 2011 - 14:41
Group: Administrators
Well not really a new serie but i promessed a friend i would talk about it; she's a fan of Charlie Hunnam who stars on FX's Sons of Anarchy .

So here we go : Sons of Anarchy fourth season will start on September 6th, 2011.

Quote Wikipedia
Sons of Anarchy is an American television drama series created by Kurt Sutter about the lives of a close-knit outlaw motorcycle club operating in Charming, a fictional town in Northern California. The show centers on protagonist Jackson "Jax" Teller (Charlie Hunnam), the Vice President of the club who begins questioning the club and himself.

Picture of Charlie Hunnam , Theo Rossi and Kim Coates with fans from the set:

Charlie Hunnam , Theo Rossi and Kim Coates with fans

Side note : you probably recognized Theo Rossi (second from the left, holding the t-shirt); he played resistance fighter Dietz in TSCC s02ep18 Today is the Day.

Theo Rossi as resistance fighter Dietz in TSCC 2.18

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Devo Post # 32 | Tuesday, 02 Aug 2011 - 17:19
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
Well not really a new serie but i promessed a friend i would talk about it; she's a fan of Charlie Hunnam who stars on FX's Sons of Anarchy . So here we go : Sons of Anarchy fourth season will start on September 6th, 2011. Quote (Wikipedia)Sons of Anarchy is an American television drama series created by Kurt Sutter about the lives of a close-knit outlaw motorcycle club operating in Charming, a fictional town in Northern California. The show centers on protagonist Jackson "Jax" Teller (Charlie Hunnam), the Vice President of the club who begins questioning the club and himself. Picture of Charlie Hunnam , Theo Rossi and Kim Coates with fans from the set: Side note : you've recognized Theo Rossi (seconf from the left, holding the t-shirt); he played resistance fighter Dietz in TSCC s02ep18 Today is the Day.

Oh wow, I never noticed they were played by the same dude.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 33 | Tuesday, 02 Aug 2011 - 18:18
Quote (Devo)
Oh wow, I never noticed they were played by the same dude.

Nobody beats me in the second-role-field!

Personal homage to Casey Ryback from Under Siege 2: Dark Territory, played by legendary Steven Seagal, after he killed a guy in the kitchen of a train : "Nobody beats me in the kitchen."

chrisdvanne_ Post # 34 | Friday, 05 Aug 2011 - 18:14
If like me you're awaiting Fox's high profile show Terra Nova, you'll enjoy the special at The Hollywood Reporter, direct from the shooting location in Australia; the magazine has released online a behind the scene video, exclusive photos and informations.

Source : Terra Nova: Inside the Making of One of the Most Ambitious, Challenging and Expensive Shows on TV at THR

chrisdvanne_ Post # 35 | Friday, 19 Aug 2011 - 19:51
We follow his investigations for a few weeks now in The 4400;fellow Joel Gretsch has landed in The Playboy Club for this Fall, after V was canceled.

V star Joel Gretsch has joined the cast of NBC's new 1960s drama The Playboy Club as a recurring, playing a major competitor to lead guy Nick Dalton (Eddie Cibrian). Gretsch, repped by APA and Mosaic, will play the incumbent State's Attorney in Chicago, and a semi-regular at the Playboy Club. He's destined to be running against Nick in the upcoming election.

Source : deadline

chrisdvanne_ Post # 36 | Saturday, 27 Aug 2011 - 08:11
Pilot order news for Fall 2012 :

FOX and Josh Friedman made a "put pilot" deal for a spy/action 1 hour drama with a female lead according to deadline.com. This is a sign of thrust because it means FOX will do the pilot just from an early script and Josh Friedman's name.
Of course you and me have thought the same thing when you've seen the words "female lead" and "TSCC"; i'm not sure Summer Glau has the matching body type for the role (think to Jennifer Garner) but neither did she for the role of a terminator so one can hope.

Quote (Dealine)
Showing that there are no hard feelings after Fox passed on the Josh Freidman-written horror/thriller drama pilot Locke & Key, the network has handed a put pilot commitment to a new hourlong project from Friedman and 20th TV, which is more in the vein of Friedman’s previous project for the network, series Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Like Sarah Connor, the new project, titled The Asset, is an action show with a female lead. It is described as a character-driven drama set in the New York office of the CIA, which centers on a female agent. The premise immediately evokes other series, including ABC’s Alias as well as USA Network’s Covert Affairs.

Additionally, here's the trailor for 'Locke & Key'; just like for Wonder Woman, an early version of the pilot has also leaked on the internet.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 37 | Saturday, 03 Sep 2011 - 09:27
We already had good laughs when watching Wonder Woman reboot trailers and now is the time to have other good laughs with Charlies Angels remake (ABC) who looks as ridiculous.

Actresses don't know how to hold a gun, acting is bad, their scream during the fight are ridiculous and Minka' teeth (the cute brunette) don't move while talking wacko ; also notice the first two women did their stunts themselves (the diving) while the blong girl was replaced by a stuntman with nice muscled legs tongue

Of course all these things can be improved in the episodes following the pilot.

The1Russter Post # 38 | Saturday, 03 Sep 2011 - 13:33
Group: Writer
I never intended to watch the remake of CA, and now that I've seen the trailer, I can rest assured I made the right decision.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

chrisdvanne_ Post # 39 | Thursday, 13 Oct 2011 - 15:30
Despite so-so live ratings, the CW has granted a full season order to his new shows, Ringer starring Sarah Michelle Gellar, The Secret Circle starring Thomas 'John Connor' Dekker and Hart of Dixie starring Rachel Bilson.
Ringer registered a 0.8 in adult 18-49 demo and 1.72 million viewers while The Secret Circle got a 0.8 rating and just under 2 million viewers and Hart of Dixie registered a 0.8 rating with 1.75 million viewers.
The Vampire Diaries is the only CW show above 1.0 in ratings (1.2 and 2.55 millions viewers).

Meanwhile Syfy has renewed Haven for a third season.

The1Russter Post # 40 | Thursday, 13 Oct 2011 - 17:10
I don't understand The CW. With rare exception, the majority of its shows comes last in viewing numbers or ratings yet it is more willing to buy more episodes of these last-in-place runners than a comparable network would do for a program with similar numbers. Whether that is just pure gumption on CW's part, or the fact that its hard for them to find affordable programming to fill a time slot. I use the term affordable cuz lets face it, with the typical viewing numbers CW has, it must be hard to get good advertisers.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 41 | Thursday, 13 Oct 2011 - 17:40
Quote (The1Russter)
I don't understand The CW.

We don't know the economics (production costs of each shows, advertising revenues,...) so that it's very difficult to make a statement on The CW; just like you i see the low ratings and i wonder how they can manage to make money.
I can only imagine that the CW doesn't have a dollar to spent in expensive pilots and marketing costs to launch several series in mid-season; they're stuck with what they have, even if it's not a hit.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 42 | Saturday, 15 Oct 2011 - 17:16
Quote (michelangelo)
We already had good laughs when watching Wonder Woman reboot trailers and now is the time to have other good laughs with Charlies Angels remake (ABC) who looks as ridiculous.

ABC has canceled Charlie's Angels after only 3 aired episodes; reports are that the filmed episodes will air but the production is stopped. After debuting with a 2.1 rating, the serie steadily declined and bottomed out at a 1.2 in 18-49 adult demo.

Seriously, networks should stop making remakes of 70's and 80's tv shows (Bionic Woman, Knight Rider,...) and developp intelligent original programs.

Source : tvbythenumbers

The1Russter Post # 43 | Saturday, 15 Oct 2011 - 18:35
A 1.2 rating would make Charlies Angels a winner on The CW. just saying. I'm surprised they haven't rebooted 6 Million Dollar Man, only now I think the price might be more like 60 Billion Dollars.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 44 | Sunday, 16 Oct 2011 - 00:05
Quote (The1Russter)
A 1.2 rating would make Charlies Angels a winner on The CW

Except if Charlie's Angel (or TSCC btw) were to air on The CW, the ratings and the number of viewers would automatically be much lower and it would turn into a looser, even by The CW standards.

Why the remake of such tv shows as Wonder Woman or Charlie's Angel are so lame is beyond me. 6 Million Dollar Man is definitively on the list of potential reboots.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 45 | Tuesday, 25 Oct 2011 - 01:10
ABC's new drama 'Once Upon a Time' started strong, pulling a 3.9 adults 18-49 rating and 12.8 millions viewers. The last time an ABC scripted series premiere topped a 3.9 rating was 2009 with V (5.2), Cougar Town (4.4), FlashForward (4.0) and Modern Family (4.2). Source : tvbythenumbers

The serie stars Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison and Robert Carlyle (Stargate Universe). The writing staff includes Daniel Thomsen and Ian Goldberg who also wrote for TSCC.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » New Network TV Pilots for Fall 2011 (Announcements and discussion about fall 2011 series)
Search: