menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » New Network TV Pilots for Fall 2011 (Announcements and discussion about fall 2011 series)
New Network TV Pilots for Fall 2011
KrelleK Post # 16 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 21:11
Group: Friends
Quote meanoldmoe ()
It never ceases to amaze me that they keep renewing Chuck.....it really isn't that great.
Sure it has its moments, but I think it has run its course....time for NBC to move on at give some new shows a chance.
Or bring back The Cape ;P ( I'm going through SG withdrawals)

So am I, we need more Summer Glau, it is just a stray thought, but Bones season 6 is about to be finnished right, and there might be talk of a seventh season is there not? could this be a possible secret project for our dear girl, to do a stint as a Squintern as they call them, that seems to change now and again after Zack got imprisoned

chrisdvanne_ Post # 17 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 23:53
Group: Administrators
Speaking about BSG, i liked its first sequel "Caprica" but the STO religious fanatics part was boring; i wanted to fastforward every time Sister Clarice was on screen.
Now i'm waiting for "Terra Nova" a science fiction drama scheduled to air on Fox in Fall 2011.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KrelleK Post # 18 | Sunday, 15 May 2011 - 00:22
Quote (michelangelo)
Speaking about BSG, i liked its first sequel "Caprica" but the STO religious fanatics part was boring; i wanted to fastforward every time Sister Clarice was on screen.
Now i'm waiting for "Terra Nova" a science fiction drama scheduled to air on Fox in Fall 2011.

what ever Terra Nova is, would love to see Summer in it.

what is Caprica about? i mean it is named after one of the homeworlds mentioned in BSG, in fact the capital world if i am not mistaken, is there Cylons in it? is the Battle Star ships in, like good Galactica, and the more modern Pecasus, and all the others

Message edited by KrelleK - Sunday, 15 May 2011, 00:27

Fermi Post # 19 | Tuesday, 17 May 2011 - 20:02
NBC screened 10 trailers during its upfronts presentation.

"Prime Suspect" revamps the British series starring Helen Mirren, placing Maria Bello in the lead role as Jane Timoney, a brilliant cop who's grappling with her status as an outsider in the NYPD.

You can't stop the signal!

Fermi Post # 20 | Tuesday, 17 May 2011 - 20:23
IMO The Grimm trailer looks cool.

Fermi Post # 21 | Tuesday, 17 May 2011 - 22:13
Charlie's Angels is set for Thursdays at 8 p.m this fall on ABC. With Minka Kelly, Rachael Taylor and Annie Ilonzeh
Drew Barrymore is amongs the producers, I recall from the old discussion threads in the tsccwiki that the tscc writer Friedman were suppose to produce this show, but can not find any information about that, maybe he is not on this project anymore?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 22 | Tuesday, 17 May 2011 - 23:12
Quote (KrelleK)
what is Caprica about? i mean it is named after one of the homeworlds mentioned in BSG, in fact the capital world if i am not mistaken, is there Cylons in it? is the Battle Star ships in, like good Galactica, and the more modern Pecasus, and all the others

It doesn't matter now that it has been cancelled; yes it's the center of their world and it tells the story of Adama's family (and another family) before the war against the cylons. In the first two seasons, you see the birth of the cylons (the robot model) through the eyes of a dead young girl's avatar, trapped in the body of a cylon.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 23 | Friday, 20 May 2011 - 14:32
Watch a trailer for Thomas Dekker new show "The Secret Circle" on CW this fall : this is a new fantasy drama from the same author of the Vampire Diaries; a show about witches (and teenage love triangles) so yeah Vampire Diaries with magic.

Fermi Post # 24 | Monday, 23 May 2011 - 21:36
Only 20.8% (5) of new dramas on CBS, ABC, NBC, FOX and the CW made it to season 2

Last season was a bloodbath of the 24 new dramas on US network TV only five made it to a second season: Harry's Law, Body of Proof, Nikita, Hawaii 5-0 and Blue Bloods will this year fare any better? maybe - but probably not by much.
One each for NBC, ABC and CW, 2 for CBS and none could escape the FOX executioner!

On the comedy side only three survived, Mike and Molly, Happy Endings and Raising Hope. (plus animation Bob's Burger's)

Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011....CowTCCW

chrisdvanne_ Post # 25 | Wednesday, 08 Jun 2011 - 08:44
I already told you i was waiting for Terra Nova on FOX (sorry). FOX had originally planned a two nights preview in May for this prehistoric Drama, followed by the series launch in the fall. But the production team needing more time on the show’s visual effects and the preview was pushed back to this fall.

There is a new trailer

Side note :
Jose Molina
@JoseMolinaTV Jose Molina
Psst. I got a new gig. I'm gonna be writing on the Fox/Steven Spielberg dinosaur show "Terra Nova!"

For those who missed the hint, Molina was a writer on Firefly.

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 08 Jun 2011, 08:53

chrisdvanne_ Post # 26 | Saturday, 09 Jul 2011 - 09:29
Fail of the day : TNT is rebooting soap drama from the late 70's "Dallas" (CBS). Airing scheduled in 2012.

If you don't know "Dallas", ask your mother or grandmother; the reboot will focus on a new generation of rich and beautiful Texans.
TNT will air a sneak preview of the new Dallas on Monday, July 11 during "The Closer".
Source : TNT Press Release.

Old generation :

New generation (with some old ones) :
Attachments: 1974531.jpg(272.5 Kb) · 4762024.jpg(235.4 Kb)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 27 | Saturday, 09 Jul 2011 - 09:53
Fail of the day number 2 : Terra Nova, highly anticipated Steven Spielberg's dinosaur drama, gets its season cut short (from 22 to 13 episodes).

Official reason is that CGI effects are so elaborate that a full 22 episode season would be difficult. It doesn't bode well for Terra Nova (Fox) given that the premiere was already postponed from Summer to Fall because of time consumming CGI effects.

My suggestion to limit the costs and time of FX :

Attachments: 2085900.jpg(7.8 Kb)

Joe73 Post # 28 | Saturday, 09 Jul 2011 - 10:01
Ha ha ha Cool
Larry Hagmann was absolutely fantastic as J.R

But also as the CPR performing Major in Superman I. biggrin

Thats a window bird.

Message edited by Joe73 - Saturday, 09 Jul 2011, 10:14

chrisdvanne_ Post # 29 | Saturday, 09 Jul 2011 - 11:55
Quote Joe73 ()
Ha ha ha Cool
Larry Hagmann was absolutely fantastic as J.R

I watched Dallas at the time; it was very addictive indeed. I'm sure it will be a hit for TNT; funny thing is that 3 of the young actors come from "Desesperate Housewives". They know drama.

But also as the CPR performing Major in Superman I. biggrin

You mean this scene? I was more focused on Miss Teschmaker, don't know why.

Miss Tessmacher Superman
Attachments: 8812312.jpg(81.2 Kb)

Joe73 Post # 30 | Saturday, 09 Jul 2011 - 13:09
Quote (michelangelo)
You mean this scene? I was more focused on Miss Teschmaker, don't know why.

exactly

On a total unrelated topic, John Ratzenberger whom played Cliff Clavin i Cheers is also in Superman I, as 1st missile Controller. smile

Thats a window bird.

Message edited by Joe73 - Saturday, 09 Jul 2011, 14:49

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » New Network TV Pilots for Fall 2011 (Announcements and discussion about fall 2011 series)
Search: