menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » New Network TV Pilots for Fall 2011 (Announcements and discussion about fall 2011 series)
New Network TV Pilots for Fall 2011
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 09:11
Group: Administrators
Networks are picking up their pilots right now; this is the place to discuss the annoucements and the pilots themselves.
You can also discuss the renewal or cancellation or existing shows, like Chuck or Fringe.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 14 May 2011, 09:19

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 09:12
Fringe has been renewed with very low ratings, even under the level that was previously fixed by Fox Execs : Chuck or Harry's Law might have a chance to be renewed.

The cancellation or renewal of a show is a complex process that involves not only the ratings; most of the time we don't know the real reason why a decision is made by execs.

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 22 Apr 2011, 16:15

Fermi Post # 3 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 09:12
Taken from: SpoilerTV http://www.spoilertv.com/2011....5jL3B6j

According to Variety Wonder Woman isn't looking good "Harry's Law," however is likely for a renewal as is "Chuck" for at least 13 episodes.

NBC drama pilots likely for pickups: "Smash," "Prime Suspect,"; "The Playboy Club,"; and "REM" now called "Awake"

On the fence : "A. Mann's World," and "Reconstruction" (aka "The Crossing").

Comedy wise: "Whitney," "Alpha Mom" (formerly the untitled Emily Spivey project) and "Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea" all looking strong for a greenlight.

Other contendors: "Free Agents," "Bent" and Kari Lizer's "Help Wanted."

"Family Practice," : mixed

NBC may start a new comedy night on Tuesday or Wednesday

As for NBC's existing bubble shows, insiders said "Law & Order: Los Angeles" could go either way.

Same source said on twitter that Event been canceled.

Recent article says 'Chuck' finale 'not intended as show ender'
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv....ontinue

Levis said he has no idea" if the series will be picked up for a fifth season or not.

The Chuck finale airs on Monday at 8/7c. We can always hope that if Chuck get picked up Summer could return as Greta next season

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 4 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 09:12
Quote (Fermi)
Recent article says 'Chuck' finale 'not intended as show ender'
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv....ontinue

Levis said he has no idea" if the series will be picked up for a fifth season or not.

Chuck is to be renewed for a 13 episode season by NBC, reported tvbythenumbers, despite low ratings ( 1.4 in 18-49 demo)

Really strange things happens this year : first Fox renews Fringe, then NBC is likely to do the same for Chuck.

Take that all Summer haters that keep repeating Summer is cursed.

As for Chuck, the syndication number must have played a role, but it doesn't bode well for new pilots if NBC's Execs prefer to renew Chuck rather than launch a new show. With such ratings, Chuck is likely to be scheduled on Friday night.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 12 May 2011, 08:45

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 09:12
The fate of David E. Kelley's Wonder Woman is more uncertain : last reports said "Wonder Woman" is no longer a serious contender for a pickup by NBC, but no official decision by now. WW out would be a shocker, considering the buzz and hype earlier in the development season.

meanoldmoe Post # 6 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 09:12
Group: Friends
It never ceases to amaze me that they keep renewing Chuck.....it really isn't that great.
Sure it has its moments, but I think it has run its course....time for NBC to move on at give some new shows a chance.

Or bring back The Cape ;P ( I'm going through SG withdrawals)

Hmmm.... Yeah...Thinking makes my brain hurt ;)

Devo Post # 7 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 09:12
I couldn't get into Chuck.

I didn't find it the least bit funny and it seems like it is aimed for the preteen demographic.

I couldn't imagine adults watching that hammy guff...

Wonder Woman looks awful.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 8 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 09:26
Quote (Devo)
I couldn't get into Chuck. I didn't find it the least bit funny and it seems like it is aimed for the preteen demographic. I couldn't imagine adults watching that hammy guff....

I watched the first season and half the second season but gave up, mostly for the reasons you indicated. The last time i saw it was when Summer guest stared as a Greta.

Fermi Post # 9 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 09:26
NBC rejects 'Wonder Woman' http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/05/12/nbc-rejects-wonder-woman/

This might been a wise decision for NBC

chrisdvanne_ Post # 10 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 09:26
Quote (Fermi)
This might been a wise decision for NBC

Indeed almost everybody agreed that the costume and the script were not good; the ultimate test was the reaction toward the pilot on test screening : it failed.
I think that NBC Execs have taken in consideration the "The Cape" effect (you can add "Bionic Woman", The Event" and "No Ordinary Family" to the list) when deciding not to pick up Wonder Woman : by that i mean the rapid sink on ratings for sci-fi shows.
Bad times for sci-fi tv shows! It will be interesting to see how many new sci-fi shows will be picked up this fall by the major networks

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 14 May 2011, 09:35

chrisdvanne_ Post # 11 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 09:47
I must say i’m curious to see Wonder Woman pilot just to see what it really looked like. And to make fun of the new costume tongue .
I hope it won't take too long till it leak online, if it does.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 14 May 2011, 10:02

chrisdvanne_ Post # 12 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 10:01
No more mouse-eating aliens on ABC : "V" is cancelled reported Deadline.
The serie was on the bubble with average ratings but a solid second season.

No Ordinary Family being cancelled too, i wonder how many sci-fi series are left on the main four Network TV (ABC, NBC,CBS, Fox); "Fringe" should have been cancelled but some Fox Execs decided otherwise.

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 14 May 2011, 10:16

Fermi Post # 13 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 11:33
With Smallville ending its 10-season run, Fox canceling Human Target and NBC passing on Wonder Woman, there will be no superhero series on TV for the first time in a decade.

ABC has two high-profile superhero series in the works: Hulk with Guillermo Del Toro and David Eick and AKA Jessica Jones with Melissa Rosenberg.

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/

meanoldmoe Post # 14 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 12:57
Besides "V" , you can add "Human Target" to the list of cancelled.

I'm not surprised WW was not picked up. Besides the bad costume, I personally didn't like the girl they chose for playing the WW part.
In my books, Bridget Regan would have been thew best choice....she has the classic look of WW and class , just like Lynda Carter.

I know there is some interest in putting a web series to TV.
"Riese Kingdom Falling" is a SciFi/Fantacy, well actually closer to the steam punk genera.
The series has some talent from other SciFi shows, like Santuary and Battlestar Galactica, as well as Allison Mack from Smallville.
Sanctualry started off as web only, but was picked up and made into a TV series, so I am hoping this show will to....it has potential.

http://riese-kingdom-falling.wikia.com/wiki/Kingdom_Falling_Wiki

Hmmm.... Yeah...Thinking makes my brain hurt ;)

Devo Post # 15 | Saturday, 14 May 2011 - 18:01
Network isn't the medium for superherp shows. WW looked terrible from the start.

If HBO decided to do a superhero show they could probably make a good one. The creator would have free artistic license and would not have to worry so much about Nielsen ratings.

The other alternative is a campy PG rated soap opera like Smallville on the CW or WB or whatever its name is. These small basic cable networks do not need a large viewership.

Look at True Blood, its ratings have just gone up and up. IIRC it is HBO's highest rated show, and it is fantasy. It is a campy soap opera but Alan Ball is a good writer and has a great sense of humor. I don't tend to like fantasy shows but HBO did a good job with that one.

I hope the new BSG Blood & Chrome is awesome. Hard scifi like TSCC is my favorite. Especially without the space alien gimmick/crutch. It's why I like Firefly/Serenity so much.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » New Network TV Pilots for Fall 2011 (Announcements and discussion about fall 2011 series)
Search: