menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summers Secret project
Summers Secret project
Devo Post # 61 | Friday, 01 Jul 2011 - 12:11
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
@ Devo : this little gif reminds me the special bond those two had; they barely share a word but you could feel something was going one between them. Summer mimicking the girl is hilarious; then the hispanic girl (don't remember the name), applied make up on Summer and teach her in that domain. If you remember correctly, we saw Cameron applying make up on numerous occasions, which can sound weird because she's a machine : there was the lipstick scene ("tight present", "i'm a bitch whore"), the mascara scene ("not sharp enough for brain surgery") with John and then the finger nail scene also with John ("smells polish?"). And on each scene Cameron was completely off-beat, which created the comic element. No need to say Summer Glau played these scenes perfectly, creating at the same time an even more engaging character.

That is a great scene. It reminds the viewer that Cameron is constantly modifying her own programming by learning how to emulate human behavior. The part with the makeup illustrates this too, she is always learning how to better blend in. Not only that, but she starts to censor herself and become more tactful when dealing with humans. You have to wonder what protocols she would be going through for each and every action.

Cameron and The Chola were both tough chicks who stood watch over their households. They were sort of kindred spirits. They could have had an awesome spinoff. biggrin

Message edited by Devo - Friday, 01 Jul 2011, 12:11

chrisdvanne_ Post # 62 | Friday, 01 Jul 2011 - 12:19
Group: Administrators
This is what made TSCC an intelligent show; a good show is made with a good plots, good actors and good directing.
But TSCC was different because it was able to surprise us and lead us to unknow territories.

Being a jameron, the nail polish scene is one of my favorites; Cameron surprised John with her behaviour ("since when do you need to make conversation?"), she surprised herself ("i don't know, this is something i thought i had to do") and also the audience. Cherry on the pie, the blink of an eye at the end of the scene.
Not to mention the complicity of the two when confronted with Sarah.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 63 | Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011 - 22:55
Quote (Devo)
Checking out Being Erica now on Hulu. It seems like a fun show. Kinda like a cross between Ally McBeal and Quantum Leap.

If Summer is on that show she should get to be lighthearted and girly, and in a change of pace people probably wont be shooting at her. So that should be fun. biggrin

Nope!
I got a a tip from a second source that Summer will guest star in Alphas. Yet nothing officiall this is why we will say this is a possibility.

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011, 00:43

chrisdvanne_ Post # 64 | Saturday, 09 Jul 2011 - 14:22
At the start of this thread on April, 28 :
Quote (Fermi)
in the latest interview the Journalist aked Summer "...coming projects for you?" Summer answer "This one and a few others that I'm working on that I can't talk about yet."

Any speculations?

Quote (michelangelo)
Almost impossible to answer unless you have insider information.

Well, we have cool

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 12 Jul 2011, 07:55

chrisdvanne_ Post # 65 | Sunday, 10 Jul 2011 - 20:20
It looks like some people who have read the Summer Glau Wiki are investigating.
Don't forget if you see something about Summer's guest star role on ALPHAS somewhere on the net that The Wiki was the first to hint this on the interwebz.

Fermi Post # 66 | Sunday, 10 Jul 2011 - 20:37
Quote (michelangelo)
It looks like some people who have read the Summer Glau Wiki are investigating.
Don't forget if you see something about Summer's guest star role on ALPHAS somewhere on the net that The Wiki was the first to hint this on the interwebz.

Not sure what you are talking about link or it did not happen

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 67 | Sunday, 10 Jul 2011 - 21:49
Quote (Fermi)
Not sure what you are talking about link or it did not happen

Formspring is a social networking site where anyone can ask anonymously questions to the people who have registered there.
The publicity says :
"Joining Formspring is simple
Find out more about your friends by asking and responding to interesting questions."

A few hours ago "someone" asked one of the two person who told me directly that Summer was on ALPHAS the question below, and had a sincere answer in return :

Question :In which movies and tv shows did you play in? And where did you meet Summer Glau?

Answer : "So far I've been in the movie Cosmopolis and the syfy show Alphas! Summer Glau was working on the latter. I'm working on Total Recall tomorrow, which should be good!"
CaptainDunphy responded 6 hours ago

Link : http://www.formspring.me/CaptainDunphy

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 11:51

chrisdvanne_ Post # 68 | Saturday, 23 Jul 2011 - 12:00
After a few weeks of wait we can officially say : Summer will guest star in Alphas

I'm glad that the Summer Glau Wiki had the scoop so early (without claiming it too loud because it was not official and could have disturbed SyFy marketing plans); it gave the chance to the Wiki members to keep an eye on the show.
This is also why i started a thread dedicated to "Alphas" on the forum biggrin biggrin

And now this thread can die peacefully; everything related to Summer Glau guest starring on Alphas can go to : ALPHAS on Syfy - Summer Glau

Thierry Post # 69 | Friday, 15 Jun 2012 - 13:27
Group: Friends
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I really don't understand how such a beautiful and talented actress does not work 12 months a year; hollywood producers are blind or stupid or both

That's what I wrote once.... it is not a question of talent, beauty, but a question of market, in short, money rules.... for them, "art" = investment. Period.

taking risks is not the speciality of hollywood's producers (excepted very few of them), they are more in their market studies, audience forecasts, it is how doing the most money with entertainment, and that's all ! In this time of economic crisis, I presume this situation is not going to change...

So if an actor/actress is well introduced in this system, no problem for them. For the others.... (almost) no way.

@Chris : read the book Meanstream by Frédéric Martel, published only in French, that's really about this !

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summers Secret project
Search: