menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summers Secret project
Summers Secret project
TheSavior Post # 46 | Wednesday, 29 Jun 2011 - 19:51
Group: Friends
loool then sorry Michelangelo for my PM...i thought you erased all the treadh in fear people will get to excited, how i sayd on PM XD

Yep Yep, we whant more Summer. And now that my staff is about to start our work i've get excited like a virgin XD

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 47 | Wednesday, 29 Jun 2011 - 19:52
Group: Administrators
Since Summer Glau announced she had to cancel her appearance at Startfury T3, London, because : "I was just offered a job I’m thinking of taking." and then said during the Calgary Comic Expo she was going to shoot in Toronto this week, the little world of Summer's fans is wondering what this new job is.

The Summer Glau Wiki may have the answer.

A little birdie told me (again) that this new gig could be a role in SyFy new serie "ALPHAS" :

Description
In this series, five ordinary people are brought together to form one extraordinary team of Alphas - people with the unique power to stretch the capabilities of the human mind giving them superhuman physical and mental abilities. Operating within the Defense Criminal Investigation Service of the U.S. Department of Defense and led by preeminent neurologist and psychiatrist Dr. Lee Rosen, an expert in Alpha phenomena, the team investigates cases that point to others with Alpha abilities. As they work against the clock to solve this new brand of crime, they must prevent their own personality differences and disparate backgrounds from interfering with their ultimate mission to catch the enemy.

A trailer :

Since my sources are non official and non confirmed, i will hint this as a possibility only.
Notice that the official schedule from the "Toronto Film and Television Office" lists "ALPHAS" among the tv show shooting right now in Toronto. (download the schedule in pdf format)

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 23 Jul 2011, 10:46

TheSavior Post # 48 | Wednesday, 29 Jun 2011 - 19:55
ok...i will kill them. someone has say too much...my tem will pay for it. i must found who has say that. if they are casting summer without me, it will be a hot siummer, indeed...

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 49 | Wednesday, 29 Jun 2011 - 20:03
Glad to see that the Summer Glau Wiki is in the forefront when it comes to Summer's current events.
Though i think Summer's recent gig has nothing in common with long term plans.

Devo Post # 50 | Wednesday, 29 Jun 2011 - 21:02
Quote (michelangelo)
Since Summer Glau announced she had to cancel her appearance at Startfury T3, London, because : "I was just offered a job I’m thinking of taking." and then said during the Calgary Comic Expo she was going to shoot in Toronto this week, the little world of Summer's fans is wondering what this new job is. The Summer Glau Wiki may have the answer. A little birdie told me (again) that this new gig could be a role in SyFy new serie "ALPHAS" : Description QuoteIn this series, five ordinary people are brought together to form one extraordinary team of Alphas - people with the unique power to stretch the capabilities of the human mind giving them superhuman physical and mental abilities. Operating within the Defense Criminal Investigation Service of the U.S. Department of Defense and led by preeminent neurologist and psychiatrist Dr. Lee Rosen, an expert in Alpha phenomena, the team investigates cases that point to others with Alpha abilities. As they work against the clock to solve this new brand of crime, they must prevent their own personality differences and disparate backgrounds from interfering with their ultimate mission to catch the enemy. A trailer : Since my sources are non official and non confirmed, i will hint this as a possibility only. Notice that the official schedule from the "Toronto Film and Television Office" lists "ALPHAS" among the tv show shooting right now in Toronto. (download the schedule in pdf format)

With the start of filming listed as May 2nd do you think it is more possible that she could be guesting as one of the subjects with special abilities?

I was thinking maybe a guest on WH13. Although I would not be surprised to see both.

Also, a lot of shows introduce a "big bad" antagonist after a few episodes, in a recurring role, that might be cool. Summer as the cold government bureaucrat ready to drop the hammer on the team for shenanigans and under-performance. biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 51 | Wednesday, 29 Jun 2011 - 21:09
This time i'm not guessing Devo, i have inside tips from someone who worked with Summer Glau on the project (so he says to me); i insist this not official but it could also be true, this is why i report on the wiki.
The main cast is for long chosen on ALPHAS and there is no room for additional cast; the only reasonable guess is that Summer is guest staring on ALPHAS for one episode or maybe for a longer arc story as you said.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 52 | Wednesday, 29 Jun 2011 - 22:37
Other people on the net says Summer has found a job on Being Erica, which also shoots at Toronto. May be true.

Anyway ALPHAS premieres Monday, July 11th at 10/9c. It will be a 90 minute premiere as it is often the case.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 53 | Wednesday, 29 Jun 2011 - 23:15
Quote (Devo)
Also, a lot of shows introduce a "big bad" antagonist after a few episodes, in a recurring role, that might be cool. Summer as the cold government bureaucrat ready to drop the hammer on the team for shenanigans and under-performance. biggrin

Alas i'm afraid that role as already been taken by Valerie Cruz , who is going to be a recurring guest star on the show

Quote (SyFy press release)
NEW YORK- June 22, 2011 – Syfy has signed actress Valerie Cruz (Off the Map, True Blood, Dexter) as a recurring guest star on its newest original series Alphas, it was announced today. The action drama from Universal Cable Productions and BermanBraun Television is currently shooting in Toronto and will premiere Monday, July 11 @ 10:00PM ET/PM.

Valerie Cruz will portray Special Agent Kathy Sullivan, an employee of the Department of Defense whose exact role and intentions are a mystery. She will first appear in the third episode of the series entitled “Cause and Effect” premiering Monday, July 25, 2011 at 10:00 PM ET/PT.

At the same time, Alaina Huffman has been signed as a special guest star on the show, probably for her enourmous...acting skills

Source : Alphas Enlists a Special Guest Star, a Recurring Guest Star and Releases an Extended Clip at Scifi Mafia

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 30 Jun 2011, 23:22

Devo Post # 54 | Wednesday, 29 Jun 2011 - 23:27
Quote (michelangelo)
Other people on the net says Summer has found a job on Being Erica, which also shoots at Toronto. May be true. Anyway ALPHAS premieres Monday, July 11th at 10/9c. It will be a 90 minute premiere as it is often the case.

Checking out Being Erica now on Hulu. It seems like a fun show. Kinda like a cross between Ally McBeal and Quantum Leap.

If Summer is on that show she should get to be lighthearted and girly, and in a change of pace people probably wont be shooting at her. So that should be fun. biggrin

Blazius Post # 55 | Thursday, 30 Jun 2011 - 16:00
Quote (michelangelo)
At the same time, Alaina Huffman has been signed as a special guest star on the show, probably for her enourmous...acting skills

I've seen her in Stargate Universe. I'm not impressed.

Its good to hear news about a possible Summer role at last. Terminator and Firefly only have a limited choice of episodes.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 56 | Thursday, 30 Jun 2011 - 16:12
Quote (Blazius)
I've seen her in Stargate Universe. I'm not impressed.

Didn't see her in SGU but in Smallville; her role was very limited and did not offer the possibility to judge her acting skills. Though i was not impressed either, hence the little irony of my presentation (i hope you noticed biggrin ).

About Summer's new gig, we have no official information so far; but we're sure she was shooting in Toronto this week. Apparently it's on Being Erica or Alphas. But it's probably limited to a special guest star appearance or a short story arc.
We will wait a press release from Syfy to be sure, as they did for Valerie Cruz or Alaina Huffman.

Blazius Post # 57 | Thursday, 30 Jun 2011 - 17:26
Quote (michelangelo)
Didn't see her in SGU but in Smallville; her role was very limited and did not offer the possibility to judge her acting skills. Though i was not impressed either, hence the little irony of my presentation (i hope you noticed ).

Yeah, I noticed your irony :). In SGU she got a relatively big role but I assure you she is nothing special there either. She is okay at best but nothing special IMO. I may be judging her too harshly through because I find her character too annoying. I know partly the writers are to blame here but she definitely lacks the "power" and presence onscreen which Summer has for example.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Devo Post # 58 | Thursday, 30 Jun 2011 - 23:55
Ahh, Summer in the city. Well, actually, Summer Glau is in the city – walked by her on Queen and Bay. Striking!

http://twitter.com/#!/steponmyshadow/status/86550584869650433

chrisdvanne_ Post # 59 | Friday, 01 Jul 2011 - 00:10
Funny thing : all the actors of ALPHAS who had not a twitter account suddenly created one.

I have an inkling this is not a personal decision but was suggested by the producers of the show.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 60 | Friday, 01 Jul 2011 - 00:33
@ Devo : this little gif reminds me the special bond those two had; they barely share a word but you could feel something was going one between them.

Summer mimicking the girl is hilarious; then the hispanic girl (don't remember the name), applied make up on Summer and teach her in that domain.
If you remember correctly, we saw Cameron applying make up on numerous occasions, which can sound weird because she's a machine : there was the lipstick scene ("tight present", "i'm a bitch whore"), the mascara scene ("not sharp enough for brain surgery") with John and then the finger nail scene also with John ("smells polish?").
And on each scene Cameron was completely off-beat, which created the comic element.
No need to say Summer Glau played these scenes perfectly, creating at the same time an even more engaging character.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summers Secret project
Search: