Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Sarah & Cameron in TSCC - I Was Made For Loving You - video
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Rose City Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

What was the best Cameron fighting scene in TSCC?
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Dallas Comic Con 2014
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: The Serenity cast hopes to make a trilogy in unearthed 2004 video interviews

chrisdvanne on: The Serenity cast hopes to make a trilogy in unearthed 2004 video interviews

chrisdvanne on: River Tam figure in the next Firefly Loot Crate!

chrisdvanne on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

William on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

resurgance2001 on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

dmitriy on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

Eric Hammers on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

New videos

00:05:50

00:05:42

00:01:20

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Why new serie "Falling Skies" will/might be boring ?
Why new serie "Falling Skies" will/might be boring ?
Date: Friday, 2011 Apr 01, 16:04 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

I won't tell you what i'm thinking about, i let you guess.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Saturday, 2011 Apr 02, 00:34 GMT | Message # 2

Site Admin

I explain : a former member of the serie "Emergency Room" (David Lyons/Noah Wyle) plays in a promising sci-fi serie but the father/son relationship is so boring that a lot of viewers give up.

This was the case for The Cape and this will probably be the same for Falling Skies. If you have seen the trailer for Falling Skies you have noticed that the father/son relation will play an important role; you can't expect from a tv show to have top notch special effects all the time. After the pilot the drama plots will be important and i hope for Falling Skies that this particular plot will be well written but i wouldn't bet on it.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Jun 12, 13:21 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

Tim Goodman, columnist at THR disagree with me after seeing the pilot:

Quote (Tim Goodman )
Superb and entertaining sci-fi series from Steven Spielberg that may ultimately be a stronger series than anyone expected.

We'll see :

The post-apocalyptic serie will premiere Sunday, June 19, at 9 pm on TNT, before moving into its regular timeslot of Sundays at 10 pm.

Steven Spielberg is executive producing the show along with another upcoming tv show Terra Nova, on FOX this time.

Source : Falling Skies: TV Review

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 2011 Jun 25, 07:26

Date: Sunday, 2011 Jun 12, 13:32 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
I explain : a former member of the serie "Emergency Room" (David Lyons/Noah Wyle) plays in a promising sci-fi serie but the father/son relationship is so boring that a lot of viewers give up. This was the case for The Cape and this will probably be the same for Falling Skies. If you have seen the trailer for Falling Skies you have noticed that the father/son relation will play an important role; you can't expect from a tv show to have top notch special effects all the time. After the pilot the drama plots will be important and i hope for Falling Skies that this particular plot will be well written but i wouldn't bet on it.

Quote (michelangelo)
Tim Goodman, columnist at THR diagree with me after seeing the pilot: Quote (Tim Goodman )Superb and entertaining sci-fi series from Steven Spielberg that may ultimately be a stronger series than anyone expected. We'll see : The post-apocalyptic serie will premiere Sunday, June 19, at 9 pm on TNT, before moving into its regular timeslot of Sundays at 10 pm. Steven Spielberg is executive producing the show along with another upcoming tv show Terra Nova, on FOX this time. Source : Falling Skies: TV Review

Yes, the difference being Spielberg is actually good. The last alien show I watched from him was Taken, and that was pretty good.

I'll give it a shot. Isn't the premiss pretty much the same as V?

Date: Sunday, 2011 Jun 12, 13:53 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

Quote (Devo)
Isn't the premiss pretty much the same as V?

More or less; the invasion has already started and we see the resistance organize itself but the invasion is still close enough so that the characters are in shock and have not figured out yet how to react.

What i want to say is that after the first two episodes, the show will turn into a drama and the way the characters are written will make the difference... or not.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Jun 12, 14:13 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Devo)Isn't the premiss pretty much the same as V? More or less; the invasion has already started and we see the resistance organize itself but the invasion is still close enough so that the characters are in shock and have not figured out yet how to react. What i want to say is that after the first two episodes, the show will turn into a drama and the way the characters are written will make the difference... or not.

This is where I think I lost interest in V. The war didn't happen in the first season and nothing really awesome took place until the season finale. Aside from the pilot when the Visitors arrived.

I still haven't seen season 2.

I like good drama, but I hope it is well written and interesting. The Walking Dead for instance became a boring poorly written soap opera after the pilot, and that finale was all sorts of dumb.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Jun 12, 14:26 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

Quote (Devo)
This is where I think I lost interest in V. The war didn't happen in the first season and nothing really awesome took place until the season finale. Aside from the pilot when the Visitors arrived.

I still haven't seen season 2.

I experienced exactly the same thing.

The way the writers manage to close plots, the pace and the writing of the characters will make the difference (the cast won't make the difference, unless the lead is weak which is not the case here, Noah Wyle is a solid actor). But even if they succeed, tv shows barely survive on tv these days and scifi shows do even worse. I shall write a paper on that someday.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Jun 12, 15:18 GMT | Message # 8

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Devo)This is where I think I lost interest in V. The war didn't happen in the first season and nothing really awesome took place until the season finale. Aside from the pilot when the Visitors arrived. I still haven't seen season 2. I experienced exactly the same thing. The way the writers manage to close plots, the pace and the writing of the characters will make the difference (the cast won't make the difference, unless the lead is weak which is not the case here, Noah Wyle is a solid actor). But even if they succeed, tv shows barely survive on tv these days and scifi shows do even worse. I shall write a paper on that someday.

Ah, but TNT is a cable network.

I would be surprised if this doesn't get renewed, or does particularly poorly in the ratings.

The strange thing is we just had a fall season with a bunch of mediocre shows and a couple great shows that got canceled, and here we are at the beginning of the summer season and there are a bunch of shows I am looking forward to.

I find it odd that all my favorite shows are on during the summer or mid-season, and I have not found a fall show aside from Dexter that is worth watching.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Jun 12, 15:34 GMT | Message # 9

Site Admin

Quote (Devo)
TNT is a cable network.

Yeah but i wasn't thinking about the ratings dictature by saying that. I was rather thinking, hieratic and interrompted scheduling, that create damages especially for serialized shows. Of course I shall include remarks about ratings for non premium channels and non cable networks. But the article will cover more space than just the ratings.

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 2011 Jun 12, 15:36

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Jun 21, 22:48 GMT | Message # 10

Site Admin

Highly buzzed serie "Falling Skies" premiered on Sunday, 19th June with good numbers; it topped "The Walking Dead" (AMC) in terms of viewers, 5,9 millions viewers against 5,2 millions for TWD last year. But it was outnumbered in terms of ratings, it scored 2.0 in advertising-targeted adult 18-49 demo against 2.7 for TWD.

It's interesting to compare them because they're both post-apocalyptic survival series on cable networks. Though it looks like Falling Skies was more action-packed than TWD and put the base for interesting relationship between characters.

The audience knows from the start the enemies are aliens : take that "The Event".
Also the audience got to see them : take that "V".
The acting is not stellar, just solid but it can do the trick if the plots are interesting.

As a conclusion, this is promising for the future; let's see the numbers of the next episode and see if will FS retains its viewers.

Source : "Falling Skies" Premiere Tops "The Walking Dead" Premiere in Viewers, But Lags Well Behind In Demo at tvbythenumbers

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Jun 28, 12:49 GMT | Message # 11

Site Admin

The skies weren’t the only thing that fell in last Sunday.
The third episode of FS was down 25% on the show’s premiere with 4.2 million viewers and 1.5 adults 18-49 demo.
Still pretty decent for TNT, if they can hold that number, considering shows on TNT hover at 1.0 ratings.

Strangely, TNT Public Relation department don't report these numbers and prefer to focus on the sub-demos ratings that went up (but it doesn't hide the fact that the overall ratings fell).

Date: Friday, 2015 Jul 17, 03:32 GMT | Message # 12

Friends

Comic Con: Falling Skies Says Goodbye

The Cast and producers of TNT's Falling Skies appeared at Comic-Con for the last time to thank the fans and talk about the journey of the show.

Producer-actor Noah Wyle along with fellow cast members Moon Bloodgood, Colin Cunningham, Drew Roy, Sarah Carter, Conner Jessup, and Doug Jones took the audience through some favorite memories of the TNT series and offered up some snippets on its final season.

"Tom has become more aggressive in his strategy and a lot more cold in his thinking," Wyle pointed out. Another character going through a 180 transformation is Anne (Bloodgood), who started out as the softer one who avoided the action and became a more aggressive warrior who was more determined "to fight for her humanity."

As it being the final season, the group assured fans that they would get a proper conclusion to the series' storylines including the love triangle of Maggie and brothers Hal and Ben (Carter, Roy and Jessup). "She has to make a huge decision which changes her life, "Carter said. As well as a resolution of the rift between Mason and Pope (Cunningham). "The gloves are off," Cunningham said of Pope's decision of his character to continue to help the 2nd Massachusetts Militia Regiment. "If Pope was ever a pain in Mason's butt, he certainly becomes one from here on out. " Added Wyle: "There was always this underlying tension that existing [between Mason and Pope] because they are such different men that they were going to have their last go-round at some point. They've had a couple of collisions, but it's always been truncated just short of that final decisive moment. This season being the last: we don't truncate."

Wyle, who makes his directorial debut in Episode 8, lamented about bidding farewell to the cast and crew. This fifth and final season, which is being described as "the apocalypse on crystal meth, "promises that no one is truly safe. "I can't say that anyone made it to the end, "teased Jessup. But fans can expect more emotional intense scenes and unpleasant aspects of humanity when faced with extenuating circumstances.

I have to admit Falling Skies has clearly reached the point where it's time to bring the curtain down, but nevertheless great marketing job! well done five seasons.

Via: IGN

'Falling Skies' press room during TNT at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015 on July 10, 2015 in San Diego, California.
(Photo by Joe Scarnici/Getty Images for TNT)

'Falling Skies' Press Room at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015'Falling Skies' Press Room at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015'Falling Skies' Press Room at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015'Falling Skies' Press Room at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015'Falling Skies' Press Room at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2015

Date: Friday, 2015 Jul 17, 07:25 GMT | Message # 13

Site Admin

I didn't watch the show but I heard there was a "super-baby". Really? You know a TV show jumped the shark when the writers play the "super-baby" card.
Anyway, congrats to the cast and crew for the 5 seasons run.

Date: Saturday, 2015 Jul 18, 02:40 GMT | Message # 14

Friends

# 13  I did watch Falling Skies throughout the seasons god knows why?  The first two seasons of this show where fine, season three got a little slow and was tolerable but as you tend to do I stuck with it.
Too many stupid plot lines going nowhere fast, season four was mind bogglingly bad I maybe should have pulled the chain on the show, but I had a soft spot for 'Moon Bloodgood'  as for the baby.
''She's basically a half human/alien targaryen with super jedi powers'' lol.
But yes well done 5 season run raise a few glasses for the team.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Why new serie "Falling Skies" will/might be boring ?
Page 1 of 11
Search: