menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer's western The Legend of Hell’s Gate
Summer's western The Legend of Hell’s Gate
Fermi Post # 76 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 20:25
Group: Administrators
Quote (chrisdvanne)
The fact that no information was displayed about the geo-blocking was an error on our site which we're fixing this morning.

It has been fixed.

We're sorry, this film cannot be streamed in your current location.

You can't stop the signal!

Fermi Post # 77 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 23:13
From the official facebook page for Legend of Hell's gate movie:
Thanks to all of those who joined us and host Jenna Dewan-Tatum last night during a special online prerelease screening! We hoped you enjoyed LOHG. Constellation just informed us that European ticket buyers didn't see the movie last night due to foreign rights and tickets will be reimbursed if you contact them. Thanks - LOHG

Blazius Post # 78 | Sunday, 29 Jan 2012 - 17:05
Group: Friends
Quote (Fermi)
I uploaded bigger screen caps from the movie.

While Summer only appears briefly in this movie I think she is fantastic in those little scenes. For one she looks absolutely gorgeous in those feminine, western style clothes IMO. For two even in those scenes her acting is fantastic, she uses so many expressions, you can totally feel the emotion in her character.

She just begs for more scenes really, reserving such a powerful element for only a few scenes is a terrible waste IMO and the creators should have known better. I don't even know why she doesn't appear more. She is very visible on the banner after all, what kept them from utilizing such a powerful actor and character?

And why its the Texan girl who speaks so little when the others fake Texan accent and Western speech so terribly? ( I heard before what they wanted to imitate with this but it failed IMO)

Of course I don't know who is Texan or not besides Summer but I'm 100% sure that she is and she is a master of accents on the top of that so she why she isn't the star of this movie?

Summer is so neglected in this movie while the other actors seem and sound amateurish especially compared to her and got a bigger role.

I feel it disrespectful towards Summer, honestly even Mammoth, Initation of Sarah and The Cape were infinitely better IMO.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Monday, 30 Jan 2012, 01:01

chrisdvanne_ Post # 79 | Wednesday, 22 Feb 2012 - 16:07
LOHG and Summer Glau are featured in True West Collector published in March 2012, see the corresponding news.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 80 | Sunday, 11 Mar 2012 - 13:35
According to the Legend of Hell's Gate twitter the movie been selected for the 2012 International Film Festival Western de Almeria

The Andalusian (spain) village of Tabernas is to host the festival that will be held between 8-11th September.

http://www.almeriawesternfilmfestival.info/

The movie will be hitting the big screen March 30th in the US

chrisdvanne_ Post # 81 | Saturday, 24 Mar 2012 - 10:29
Phase 4 Films, who brought the rights for the movies, is promoting the film before the theatrical release in selected locations in the south of the United States.
The new movie poster and new trailer show little to no Summer Glau; tbh the previous movie poster didn't give a fair representation of her screentime on the movie. In addtion, the new movie trailer focuses on the movie plots and there's no room for Summer's character.

However, Summer's name is on top of the few online articles that accompagny the promotion of the movie; Summer Glau is paired with Eric Balfour , who has indeed one the main roles, probably because they're the most famous actors of this indie movie; it was also the case in True West magazine if you remember.

THE LEGEND OF HELL'S GATE: AN AMERICAN CONSPIRACY – New Poster & Images Of Eric Balfour, Summer Glau, Henry Thomas at We're movie geeks

Eric Balfour and Summer Glau Battle The Legend of Hell’s Gate at Beyond Hollywood

Trailer Time: 'The Legend of Hell's Gate', starring Eric Balfour and Summer Glau at Punch Dunk Critics

Summer Glau in True West, March 2012 - HQ scans

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Saturday, 24 Mar 2012, 10:30

KrelleK Post # 82 | Friday, 30 Mar 2012 - 12:34
A danish TV-channel called TV2 Film(movies) sent the Legend of Hells Gate here this morning from 10:00 or there about, to 12:00 there about biggrin

Summer is such a pretty girl. it was not much she was in it. biggrin but what was there, was pretty good. biggrin

KrelleK Post # 83 | Friday, 30 Mar 2012 - 12:38
Quote (Blazius)
While Summer only appears briefly in this movie I think she is fantastic in those little scenes. For one she looks absolutely gorgeous in those feminine, western style clothes IMO. For two even in those scenes her acting is fantastic, she uses so many expressions, you can totally feel the emotion in her character.

She just begs for more scenes really, reserving such a powerful element for only a few scenes is a terrible waste IMO and the creators should have known better. I don't even know why she doesn't appear more. She is very visible on the banner after all, what kept them from utilizing such a powerful actor and character?

I know exactly what you mean, and you are right about it, both the clothes, the emotions, and that she should have more scenes

Blazius Post # 84 | Tuesday, 03 Apr 2012 - 20:07
Quote (KrelleK)
I know exactly what you mean, and you are right about it, both the clothes, the emotions, and that she should have more scenes

My heart literally bleeds that they aren't showing more of this incredibly talented and beautiful girl. Especially if she'd be the only redeeming feature of the movie. Seriously, they didn't deserve at all Summer to be part of their team.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 85 | Tuesday, 03 Apr 2012 - 21:19
According to the time schedule (see news Legend of Hell's Gate release dates), Legend Of Hell's Gate is hitting selected theaters or festivals in South US :

The movie officially debuted Friday, March 30, at the Rialto Theatre in Denison, TX with a Q&A featuring writer-director Beard and his producer Suzanne Weinert :

Special red carpet premiere screening on March 31st in Snyder, Texas.

Screening at 36th Atlanta Film Festival on April 1st; director Tannen Beard here with actor James Lafferty on the picture :

Of course Summer Glau could be there since she was in Seattle for the Emerald City Comicon this week-end.

Reminder : LOHG is available on demand by May 1st and the Lionsgate DVD/Blu Ray release is on June 5th.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 03 Apr 2012, 21:21

chrisdvanne_ Post # 86 | Thursday, 05 Apr 2012 - 17:02
Next screenings of The Legend Of Hell's Gate at The Texas Theatre • 231 W. Jefferson Blvd Oak Cliff, TX 75208

FRIDAY 4/6/2012
6:40p
SATURDAY 4/7/2012
4:00p
SUNDAY 4/8/2012
6:40p
MONDAY 4/9/2012
7:00p

Fermi Post # 87 | Thursday, 05 Apr 2012 - 23:28
The slovakian movie poster

LOHG Promos and Covers

chrisdvanne_ Post # 88 | Thursday, 05 Apr 2012 - 23:39
Quote (Fermi)

Great!
Though for some reason, all website don't use the new movie poster; instead they use the old one with Summer in the lake.

KrelleK Post # 89 | Sunday, 08 Apr 2012 - 17:01
Quote (chrisdvanne)

Quote (Fermi)

Great!
Though for some reason, all website don't use the new movie poster; instead they use the old one with Summer in the lake.

Well Summer is a pretty girl biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 90 | Wednesday, 11 Apr 2012 - 09:54
GRANBURY, TEXAS Opening of "Legend of Hell's Gate" on SaturdayApril 21st at 9:00pm at the Rio Brazos Live Music Hall!

Tickets : Rio Brazos

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer's western The Legend of Hell’s Gate
Search: