menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer's western The Legend of Hell’s Gate
Summer's western The Legend of Hell’s Gate
Blazius Post # 61 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 09:20
Group: Friends
Could somebody send me a link too? I'm eager to see it too.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Nomad79 Post # 62 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 12:22
How much screen time does su
mmer have? I had to miss it because if work....and I bought a fraking ticket.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 63 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 12:57
Group: Administrators
Quote (Nomad79)
How much screen time does summer have?

Maybe 6 or 7 minutes, including a few seconds at the begining of the movie; you can find screencaps of the "naked on water" and "riding horse" scenes in the gallery.

But the amateurism of Constellation tv surprises me : there was no mention of the fact the movie could only be seen from USA and Canada, people ouside of those two countries could buy tickets (the clock on top of the page even displayed the proper timezone), the site was glitchy at times, the attendees were left alone almost an hour on their own before a moderator informed them (to the point we thought the site was a scam and we've been played).

Quote (Constellation tv)
The screening is only available in the US and Canada - if you were able to purchase a ticket outside of that area and cannot see the film, please email us at support@constellation.tv and you'll be refunded. Many thanks and apologies for the inconvenience.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Nomad79 Post # 64 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 13:25
Well damn that sucks....I was hoping she had a bigger role than just seven minutes...seems like tanner beard just used her for the water and horse riding scenes...no wander it took so long to get out.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 65 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 13:43
If we didn't know the lenght of Summer's screen time, we knew she was not part of the main cast and her presence in the trailer was minimal. This is a small role, that's all.

Maybe we should connect it with the fact that Summer is relativeley unknown outside of the scifi niche; she may be the sci-fi queen but she has to start at the bottom of the heap in mainstream genre, hence her guest role in GA or her supportive role in Scent of the Missing, this is the price to pay for changing register. She was the lead in Deadly Honeymoon though.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 27 Jan 2012, 13:43

Nomad79 Post # 66 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 13:47
true. was her role as Maggie good

Nomad79 Post # 67 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 14:09
Okay I switched out for another time Chris, 8am...I have a an evo HTC 3D and the camera does hd captures I tested it on youtube and it comes out pretty good, i'll try and capture some more images if that's okay. The movie starts at 8 am states side.

I'll see what I can get

chrisdvanne_ Post # 68 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 14:45
Quote (Nomad79)
I'll see what I can get

That's great!
Taking and sharing with us screencaps of the scenes at the begining of the film and the second apparition on screen of Summer (approx at 35 min) would be very appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Nomad79 Post # 69 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 14:49
thanks moving my computer around and messing with the camera to get the right stuff right now, comes out pretty good on youtube. ok so the begining and 35 minute mark got you

The1Russter Post # 70 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 15:28
Group: Writer
Quote (chrisdvanne)
If we didn't know the length of Summer's screen time, we knew she was not part of the main cast and her presence in the trailer was minimal. This is a small role, that's all.

Maybe we should connect it with the fact that Summer is relatively unknown outside of the scifi niche; she may be the sci-fi queen but she has to start at the bottom of the heap in mainstream genre, hence her guest role in GA or her supportive role in Scent of the Missing, this is the price to pay for changing register. She was the lead in Deadly Honeymoon though.

I don't recall anything being said about the size of her role from the time it was announced she was going to be in LOHG in 2009. I think it was our own expectations that drove us to believe it would be a big role. The story is centred around these outlaws. Any other character is a supporting role.

I've done some digging. In the first mention of this film on summer-glau.net dated Oct. 24, 2009, it says this: "Looks like Summer is real busy these days, as MySanAntonio is reporting that she’s just started working on a new .... western movie titled “The Legend of Hell’s Gate: An American Conspiracy” (I’m going to call it LHG coz it’s really too long) starring among others Henry Thomas and Eric Balfour. It relates the adventures of three outlaws on the run in 1876, Summer is playing Maggie Moon, a member of a family that the outlaws encounter."

The key phrase is at the end Summer is playing Maggie Moon, a member of a family that the outlaws encounter. That implies a small role.

We just didn't know how small until the viewing. :-(

By the way, thanks for the screen captures in the gallery. I've only ever had but two pics plus some behind-the-scenes shots made of the cast. :-)

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Friday, 27 Jan 2012, 15:31

Fox012 Post # 71 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 15:29
Group: Users
Well I noticed as well that there will be a other screening so I'm prepared this time =)

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

chrisdvanne_ Post # 72 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 17:31
Several fans have already received refund from Constellation tv and an email (see below), sometimes even without asking.

Hi xxxxxx,

Very sorry for the inconvenience. We've issued you a full refund for your purchase.

The fact that no information was displayed about the geo-blocking was an error on our site which we're fixing this morning.

Please accept our apologies.

Regards,

Fermi Post # 73 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 17:49
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Several fans have already received refund from Constellation tv and an email (see below), sometimes even without asking.

I also got my refund

You can't stop the signal!

Fox012 Post # 74 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 18:17
Group: Users
I got my refund as well even the fact I watched the movie biggrin

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Fermi Post # 75 | Friday, 27 Jan 2012 - 19:10
I uploaded bigger screen caps from the movie. http://photos.summer-glau.com/thumbnails.php?album=298

You can't stop the signal!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer's western The Legend of Hell’s Gate
Search: