menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 9
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer's western The Legend of Hell’s Gate
Summer's western The Legend of Hell’s Gate
Fermi Post # 1 | Tuesday, 15 Mar 2011 - 14:59
Group: Administrators
Summer Glau's western The Legend of Hell’s Gate will be shown Friday April 1th at 7:00 pm and Thursday April 7th at 10:00 pm.
at the 2011 DALLAS International Film Festival
It will also be shown at the Newport Beach Film Festival April 28 to May 5 (no schedule yet)

http://dallasfilm.org/wp-cont....-HR.pdf

I updated the news post but people who read the forum might miss that.

Little is known about Summer Glau role in this movie she plays Maggie Moon, a member of a family that the outlaws encounter.
It sounds like she is playing a small role in this movie.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Tuesday, 15 Mar 2011 - 15:28
If you look at the movie poster and the credit on it, she has the same weight as the other actors; but the trailer don't show her too much.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 3 | Tuesday, 15 Mar 2011 - 15:40
Quote (michelangelo)
If you look at the movie poster and the credit on it, she has the same weight as the other actors

You are right, but they had a homepage (been taken down a couple of months ago) where the intro only featured the the outlaws.

Fermi Post # 4 | Friday, 18 Mar 2011 - 04:01
International release in works http://twitter.com/HellsGate_movie/status/48452276729298944

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Friday, 18 Mar 2011 - 09:00
Here is a screencap of the tweet :

Beside Summer, Eric Balfour is the only actor of the movie i know of. He made a scifi (alien invasion) movie in November, Skyline. The movie production buget was $10 miilions and the worwide total grosses was $65 millions. Even if it was not a hit and critics didn't like it, it was profitable; i think this is an element that weights in favor of a theatrical release of The Legend of Hell’s Gate.
I don't think it would be enough though.

Attachments: 9327494.png(36.4 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 18 Mar 2011, 09:04

Devo Post # 6 | Friday, 18 Mar 2011 - 14:33
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
Here is a screencap of the tweet : Beside Summer, Eric Balfour is the only actor of the movie i know of. He made a scifi (alien invasion) movie in November, Skyline. The movie production buget was $10 miilions and the worwide total grosses was $65 millions. Even if it was not a hit and critics didn't like it, it was profitable; i think this is an element that weights in favor of a theatrical release of The Legend of Hell’s Gate. I don't think it would be enough though.

The actor that played Elsworth in Deadwood is in the trailer, Jim Beaver iirrc. He's a good actor. And I have seen one of the main actors in a ton of things, the role that comes to mind is the jerk boyfriend to Claire in Six Feet Under. A great show and he gave a great performance.

I hope the movie is good. It looks cool.

KrelleK Post # 7 | Saturday, 19 Mar 2011 - 11:53
Group: Friends
was there not a pic or a clip that showed her as she got her chance to try ride a pony or horse(thinking of some clip about Firefly/Serenity where she says she was a little disapointed she did not get to try ride a horse. biggrin

chrisdvanne_ Post # 8 | Saturday, 19 Mar 2011 - 12:15
Are you talking about these?

More about The Legend of Hell’s Gate

taken from this video @0:40

Fermi Post # 9 | Tuesday, 22 Mar 2011 - 11:19
LOHG on twitter said that there will be upcoming giveaways for the movie premire here http://www.ilove921.com/

Fermi Post # 10 | Thursday, 24 Mar 2011 - 00:41
Quote (@HellsGate_movie on Twitt)
Follow Us for Live Twitter Feeds and Videos from members of the Cast on April 1st at the Premier of LOHG @ the @DALLASIFF ~ 5:00 p.m

Fermi Post # 11 | Thursday, 31 Mar 2011 - 01:42
Tanner Beard have arrived at Dallas Film festival
See this video

Interviews with cast and crew coming soon

chrisdvanne_ Post # 12 | Thursday, 31 Mar 2011 - 07:28
Does that that mean we will see Summer ?

Fermi Post # 13 | Thursday, 31 Mar 2011 - 14:08
Quote (michelangelo)
Does that that mean we will see Summer ?
I hope so but we don't know if she is going. It is the premier of her movie, I think that it is very likely she is attending.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 14 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 11:15
DIFF REVIEW: ‘The Legends Of Hell’s Gate: An American Conspiracy’.

The site liked the movie :

History isn’t a bore; some filmmakers just craft it that way. Luckily, it seems director Tanner Beard made a historical film the way he wanted to – tightly-contained, shot beautifully and packed with name talent, clearly having some fun. And that makes all the difference.

The reviewer says : "a cast absolutely stacked with talent creates a powerful ensemble that crackles with both wit and menace" but did not mention Summer glau, only the male actors sad

Source : Red Carpet Crash

Fermi Post # 15 | Wednesday, 06 Apr 2011 - 13:13
Here is a LOHG interview (Tanner Beard)

http://gordonandthewhale.com/diff-20....u-pucci

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Summer's western The Legend of Hell’s Gate
  • Page 1 of 9
  • »
Search: