MCM Belfast Comic Con
June 24-25, 2017

MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Summer Glau at FACTS
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Website Information
By Admirator

Summer Glau at Rhode Island Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Alamo City Comic Con
By chrisdvanne

New comments

KevinInEngland on: Brief interview with Summer Glau on set of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

KevinInEngland on: Gallery update: Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau and Joss Whedon in UK TV show to promote Serenity

chrisdvanne on: Gallery update: Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau and Joss Whedon in UK TV show to promote Serenity

chrisdvanne on: Gallery update: Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau and Joss Whedon in UK TV show to promote Serenity

Admirator on: Happy New Year 2017 everyone!

chrisdvanne on: Happy New Year 2017 everyone!

KevinInEngland on: Happy New Year 2017 everyone!

chrisdvanne on: Happy New Year 2017 everyone!

KevinInEngland on: Happy New Year 2017 everyone!

Admirator on: 2017 Summer Glau calendar now available!

New videos

00:01:20

00:02:56

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 6 of 6«123456
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Everything on Wonder Woman Reboots (David E. Kelley's "Wonder Woman" Reboot and more)
Everything on Wonder Woman Reboots
Date: Monday, 2016 Jul 18, 03:25 GMT | Message # 76

Friends

Jenkins On The Origins Of "Wonder Woman"

Ahead of its first big publicity push at Comic Con next weekend, the director of the upcoming "Wonder Woman" film Patty Jenkins has spoken about how she came onboard the DC Comics adaptation. 

It turns out that Jenkins has long been keen to do the property, as long ago as back in 2005 and long before the whole DCEU was dreamed up. "When I made Monster and they asked me what I wanted to do [next], I immediately said, 'I want to make Wonder Woman.'Everybody knew I wanted to make a superhero movie."

Things didn't pan out there. She was then linked with "Thor: The Dark World" a years back before departing that project with Alan Taylor taking over. Despite leaving the project over "creative differences," she says she has no hard feelings about Marvel's decision: "I'm still so grateful to those guys for hiring a woman to direct f--ng Thor. Why would you do that? You don't have to do that."

With "Wonder Woman" on the other hand, both her and the studio's goal were one and the same - a straight-forward origin story.

"There was a period of time when we had two very different visions and I wanted them to find the right director for the job. It turned out we had a shared vision after all. I didn't want to do anything more complicated. From my point of view, this was the movie I was talking to them about for about eight or nine years. I've met with ten different people at Warner Bros and then it all came together in this one moment. Part of the reason I'm in such a good mood is this is the movie I've wanted to make my entire life. I feel so grateful that I get to be able to do this."

Jenkins is currently in post-production on the film which is due out early next year. 

Can't wait to see this, should be pretty good. 

Via: EW

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Everything on Wonder Woman Reboots (David E. Kelley's "Wonder Woman" Reboot and more)
Page 6 of 6«123456
Search: