To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 4 of 6«123456»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Everything on Wonder Woman Reboots (David E. Kelley's "Wonder Woman" Reboot and more)
Everything on Wonder Woman Reboots
Date: Friday, 2014 Nov 28, 17:24 GMT | Message # 46

Site Admin

Here's your daily dose of pictures of Lynda Carter as Diana Prince.

'Wonder Woman vs. Gargantua' - Airdate: December 18, 1976.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Sunday, 2014 Nov 30, 03:54 GMT | Message # 47

Friends

Quote chrisdvanne ()
Here's your daily dose of pictures of Lynda Carter as Diana Prince.

What a beautiful woman Lynda Carter is, and what a blow-dry the Gargantuan has had from the salon!
I wish it was my arms around her that's for sure she's gorgeous.  wink

Date: Sunday, 2014 Nov 30, 04:20 GMT | Message # 48

Friends

Actors Who Almost Starred In A DC Movie

Evangeline Lilly - Wonder Woman

In a alternate universe, The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug star Evangeline Lilly could have played the first ever cinematic Wonder Woman, instead of Gal Gadot. Not in Zack Snyder's Batman Vs. Superman mind you, but in a movie that was in development back during the mid-2000's.

As the actress told MTV last year:

"Wonder Woman was my favorite superhero as a little girl. And I actually went in and met on Wonder Woman at one point, before the thing kind of fell apart, [before]it was like 'No Way, it's not going to happen. 'That was early-early, that was first season in Lost before I'd kind of gone, 'Wait a minute. I don't know if I want to do this. 'I still have a huge girl crush on Wonder Woman, I think she's amazing. Would I want to jump into a franchise like that at this point? I don't know."

So given the timing, did Lilly meet with writer/director Joss Whedon to discuss playing the character in his ultimately abandoned Wonder Women project? Who knows!

Source // Super Hero Hype

Premiere Of Warner Bros' 'The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug' - Arrivals

Evangeline Lilly attends the premiere of Warner Bros' 'The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug' at TCL Chinese Theatre on December 2, 2013 in Hollywood,Evangeline Lilly attends the premiere of Warner Bros' 'The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug' at TCL Chinese Theatre on December 2, 2013 in Hollywood,

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Dec 23, 04:22 GMT | Message # 49

Friends

"Wonder Woman" Movie Still Up In The Air?

In a new in-depth profile piece with Vulture, MacLaren offered some brief updates on how the film is going.

At last report "Pan" scribe Jason Fuchs was in negotiations to pen the script with MacLaren overseeing. The surprise is that despite all the talk of the movie on fan boards, project is still in very early stages - the film still has no script, no locked down release date, and in fact it hasn't even been green lit yet:

"I ask the director for details about the DC Comics epic Wonder Woman, which she was picked to direct after a lengthy, widely publicized search. She stirs her tea. Then she warns that at the moment there is no script, no release date. There's not even an official green light from the film's releasing studio, Warner Bros - and even if there were, nondisclosure agreements and her paranoia about jinxing things would keep her mum.

'I really, really, really can't talk about this. I just picture a drone coming in over the hills and crashing through the glass and flying over here and putting duct tape over my mouth, you know?""

Sound's like trouble in the 'Wonder Woman' camp!

Via: Vulture

Jaguar And Playboy Magazine Host Exclusive VIP Reception

Gal Gadot attends the Jaguar and Playboy Magazine exclusive VIP reception to celebrate Jaguar's high-performance models during Pebble Beach weekend on August 16, 2013 in Monterey, CaliforniaGal Gadot attends the Jaguar and Playboy Magazine exclusive VIP reception to celebrate Jaguar's high-performance models during Pebble Beach weekend on August 16, 2013 in Monterey, CaliforniaGal Gadot attends the Jaguar and Playboy Magazine exclusive VIP reception to celebrate Jaguar's high-performance models during Pebble Beach weekend on August 16, 2013 in Monterey, California

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Dec 23, 22:54 GMT | Message # 50

Site Admin

Quote robbo ()
Sound's like trouble in the 'Wonder Woman' camp!

I don't get it. They released a photo of Gal Gadot in her Wonder Woman costume, setting the tone for the movie. And now they say they don't have a script?

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Dec 31, 03:03 GMT | Message # 51

Friends

15 Failed Comic Book TV Shows That Only Lasted One Episode

13.  Wonder Woman (1974)

Before Lynda Carter had the chance to play the Amazonian superhero, Wonder Woman; there was already a failed attempt at bringing the hero to the small-screen. 1974's Wonder Woman premiered on NBC as a TV movie, though the film was a pilot for an intended television series. Cathy Lee Crosby took on the role and the results were less than stellar. 

Diana Prince/Wonder Woman (Crosby) is the secretary to a government agent. She is soon thrust into a world of international intrigue and danger. Her mission is to pursue a villainous individual named Abner Smith (played by typecast bad guy actor Ricardo Montalban).

Overall, this particular iteration of Wonder Women is pretty confusing. First of all, It's Cathy Lee - with no change of haircut or hair color. It's very contemporary and has some adult innuendo throughout. And Wonder Woman has pretty limited powers - mostly Kung Fu of an Amazon variety. Also, the hero is not in her recognizable classic costume, she's in an outfit that more closely resembles a female Evel-Knievel.

Wonder Woman is a strong character who fights evil and looks good doing it. Crosby looks good but her acting is simply disappointing. The Shaft-like music is another cringe-worthy aspect of the film. As a side note, try counting the number of times someone uses a telephone during the film. You could make a drinking game out of it. 

Via: WC

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Dec 31, 03:35 GMT | Message # 52

Friends

15 Failed Comic Book TV Shows That Only Lasted One Episode 

1. Wonder Woman (2011) 

It had a great, promotable brand, top female superhero, Wonder Women, experienced TV creator behind it, David E. Kelley, and an appealing star, Adrianne Palicki. So why didn't the infamous 2011 Wonder Woman pilot go to series? We'll, you'd probably need Wonder Woman's Lasso of Truth to find out what NBC's executives really thought of the pilot and why exactly they decided not to go with it. 

A few years back TV.com released several leaked scenes of the show, which they deemed to be "glorious in their crapitude." Needless to say, there's not a great chance the pilot will ever be widely released. 

Perhaps, this is why a Wonder Woman solo movie (which isn't as far along as you've been led to believe) has been taking so long to make a reality. Recently, director Michelle Maxwell MacLaren spoke to Vulture about the upcoming DC film (which would star Gal Gadot in the titular role) and confirmed that the project hasn't even been given an official green light as of yet. Why is bringing this character to the masses such a difficult thing to accomplish?!

Come on make it happen we need Wonder Woman back on our screens especially if only to see Gal Gadot in that awesome costume. 

Via: WC

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Dec 31, 08:58 GMT | Message # 53

Site Admin

Quote robbo ()
Cathy Lee Crosby took on the role and the results were less than stellar. 

We have posted a few images and a video excerpt from the tv movie earlier in this thread. Find below more images of Cathy Lee Crosby as Wonder Woman and of Ricardo Montalban.

Cathy Lee Crosby as Wonder WomanCathy Lee Crosby as Wonder WomanCathy Lee Crosby as Wonder WomanCathy Lee Crosby as Wonder Woman

Date: Saturday, 2015 Jan 17, 10:43 GMT | Message # 54

Site Admin

While binge watching the 70's version of "Wonder Woman" starring Lynda Carter, I noticed the SAME actor played two DIFFERENT characters in season 1 and season 2.

Lynda Carter and Henry Darrow in Wonder Woman

Henry Darrow, that's his name, was ubiquitous in the 70's. I grew up watching him in every TV show.

Date: Sunday, 2015 Feb 22, 03:19 GMT | Message # 55

Friends

"Wonder Woman" To Film This Fall

Gal Gadot's solo outing as DC Cinematic Universe heroine "Wonder Woman" will begin filming this fall according to Deadline.

Rumors have suggested that the film will take place in the 1920s and is the first of a trilogy which looks at the island of Themyscira's first encounter with the outside world and Diana Prince's own experiences with a United States that still had a lot to learn about equal rights.

What is confirmed is that Michelle MacLaren ("Breaking Bad," "The Walking Dead") directs the film from a script by Jason Fuchs ("Pan," "Ice Age: Continental Drift") with a June 23rd 2017 release being targeted.

Gadot will make her first cinematic appearance in character in next year's "Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice".

I think the 1920s setting will be very interesting. I think by all accounts the time period coincides with both the end of WW1 and the when women got the right to vote in the US.

Via: Deadline

Gal Gadot attends the premiere of 'Fast & Furious 6' at Universal CityWalk on May 21, 2013 in Universal City, California

Gal Gadot attends the premiere of 'Fast & Furious 6'Gal Gadot attends the premiere of 'Fast & Furious 6'Gal Gadot attends the premiere of 'Fast & Furious 6'

Date: Monday, 2015 Feb 23, 02:26 GMT | Message # 56

Friends

Quote chrisdvanne ()
While binge watching the 70's version of "Wonder Woman" starring Lynda Carter, I noticed the SAME actor played two DIFFERENT characters in season 1 and season 2.

Lynda Carter and Henry Darrow in Wonder Woman

Henry Darrow, that's his name, was ubiquitous in the 70's. I grew up watching him in every TV show.

I have vivid memories of Henry Darrow when he was in a western television series called 'The High Chaparral' in the early 70s.

Date: Monday, 2015 Mar 23, 05:03 GMT | Message # 57

Friends

Gadot On Wonder Woman Criticism 

Gadot spent months prepping for the role with a personal trainer, even so the actress still came under fire for not having the same physique of the character from the comics. In a new Israeli interview with her, translated by SHH, Gadot delivers a great answer to the questions about her figure. Here's and excerpt:

Interviewer: "When your casting was announced a lot of comic book nerds said that your body didn't match Wonder Woman's."

Gal: "Don't be shy. They said that I was too skinny and my boobs were too small."

Interviewer: "Were you offended?"

Gal: "I'm really lucky nothing in my life was instantaneous. When I was younger I would take criticism really hard. But now it mostly amused me. The true amazons had one boob so it won't bother them in their archery. So it's not going to be like real amazons. We always try to make everyone happy but we can't. 

Interviewer: "But isn't it embarrassing that your breast size became a topic of international discussion?"

Gal: "No. After they asked me here, In Israel, if I have eating disorders and why am I so skinny, they said my head was too big and my body was like a broomstick I can take anything. It's just empty talk. I understand that part of what I'm doing means being exposed. And part of being exposed is being under fire (criticism)."

Gadot will make her debut as Wonder Woman in "Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice" in March followed by a solo "Wonder Woman" film in June 2017. 

A couple more interviews like that and maybe she'll start winning some people over. I think she looks phenomenal! good job Gadot I'm looking forward to the film. 

Via: SHH

Date: Tuesday, 2015 Mar 24, 03:05 GMT | Message # 58

Friends

Female Superhero Adaptations That Nearly Happened

Joss Whedon's Wonder Woman 

Yep, Joss Whedon famously accepted the mantle of helming a Wonder Woman movie back in 2005, being told to begin work on a new script not tied to any of the previous iterations. After finishing on Serenity and doing some heavy duty Wonder Woman research, Whedon began his work.

In November 2006, though, Mr Whedon still wasn't happy with the script. He explained that, "Besides [Wonder Woman's] great origin story, there's nothing from the comics that felt right 100 percent, no iconic canon story that must be told."

"Who she, and what the movie, is about, thematically, has never been a problem for me. But the steps along the way, it could be so easy for them to feel wrong. I won't settle. She wouldn't let me settle," he added.

It was certainly an origin story, featured love interest Steve Trevor and a visit to Man's World, but not much is known beyond that. Morena Baccarin displayed interest in the lead role, and there were plenty of rumours, as we mentioned earlier. Priyanka Chopra (Bollywood star and former Miss World) was a curve-ball hot tip for a time. 

Whedon departed the project in February 2007 and said "I never had an actress picked out, or even a consistent front-runner. I didn't have time to waste on casting when I was so busy air balling on the script." Later, Whedon mentioned that Angelina Jolie was an inspiration for the film, so perhaps she would have eventually been cast if the project ever got going. 

"I would go back in a heartbeat if I believed that anybody believed in what I was doing. The lack of enthusiasm was overwhelming," he added. Given the work he's done since, and his achievements prior, that must have been a very tough creative environment and we're glad he got out rather than turning in something he wasn't happy with. 

Via: DenOfGeek

Date: Wednesday, 2015 Apr 15, 01:13 GMT | Message # 59

Friends

MacLaren Is Out As "Wonder Woman" Director 

Filmmaker Michelle MacLaren has dropped out of her role as director of Warner Bros. Pictures and DC Entertainment's upcoming standalone "Wonder Woman" film. 

In a statement, the studio says: "Given creative differences, Warner Bros. and Michelle MacLaren have decided not to move forward with plans to develop and direct 'Wonder Woman' together."

The project was in the middle of pre-production, with the role of the male love interest Steve Trevor reportedly close to being cast before the announcement. 

Gal Gadot is still attached to star, and Jason Fuchs is on board to pen the script. No word as yet regarding whether the film will be delayed from its June 23rd 2017 release. 

For some time it had been fairly well known that there was some tension regarding the production, although speculative rumors flying about suggesting a mention of a side/kick! Why can't they just get on with producing this movie and this much missed superhero.

"MacLaren and Warner Bros couldn't agree on anything - including what time period to set the movie. More than that, MacLaren had some very particular visions for the film, visions that maybe would have alienated fandom. Although perhaps Diana having a tiger sidekick/pet she could talk with would have appealed to people more than I expect."

The film is reportedly still on target for a 2017 release, but a new director will have to be locked down soon. 

Via: Variety

Date: Wednesday, 2015 Apr 15, 09:42 GMT | Message # 60

Site Admin

After seeing this failed take to bring Wonder Woman to TV back in 1967, I just have one thing to say - THANK THE GODS FOR LYNDA CARTER!

Wonder Woman is played by Linda Harrison, who is best known for her role as Nova from 'Planet of the Apes' (1968) with Charlton Heston.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Everything on Wonder Woman Reboots (David E. Kelley's "Wonder Woman" Reboot and more)
Page 4 of 6«123456»
Search: