San Francisco Comic Con
September 1-3, 2017

Summer Glau at MCM Belfast Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By robbo

Juke Joint!
By robbo

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at MCM London Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By robbo

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Game of Thrones
By robbo

Summer Glau at Rose City Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

New comments

Jimmy PK on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Martin John on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Martin John on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

robbo on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

chrisdvanne on: Serenity Comic - All Aboard the feels train

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

RedsBaron on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks fierce in a fashion photo shoot by Joan Allen

robbo on: HQ photos from the Firefly panel at MCM London Comic Con

New videos

00:01:17

00:14:30

00:03:40

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 6123456»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Everything on Wonder Woman Reboots (David E. Kelley's "Wonder Woman" Reboot and more)
Everything on Wonder Woman Reboots
Date: Sunday, 2011 Feb 06, 11:20 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

As you all know, NBC has picked up David E. Kelley's "Wonder Woman" Pilot (but not the serie yet, only the pilot).

According to EW.com : "The project is described as a reinvention of the iconic D.C. comic in which Wonder Woman -- aka Diana Prince -- is a vigilante crime fighter in L.A. but also a successful corporate executive and a modern woman trying to balance all of the elements of her extraordinary life. "

Sounds like a mix between Wonder Woman and Sex in the City.

Anyway, Bleeding Cool managed to lay hands on a pilot draft :

Quote Bleeding Cool
This new Wonder Woman does feature a lot of elements and characters from the comics continuity:

* There’s a Myndi Mayer, herein portrayed as Diana’s BFF.
* There’s a scene with comics character Etta Candy, a role that’s pretty much written like a job offer to Melissa McCarthy.
* Long ago, government man Steve Trevor crashed onto Wonder Woman’s island and brought her back to New York, but now they’ve split up. She still loves him, though, and it’s obvious that their relationship is going to be a focus.
* Diana might not have an invisible jet (if she did, I didn’t see it) but she has a whole rainbow’s worth of over coloured aircraft.
* She has the lasso, and those bracelets with which she deflects bullets.
* Her nemesis is Veronica Cale, who in this continuity is an evil scientist and rival businesswoman with a secret, nefarious plan that you’ll probably guess ahead of time.

I hope this will turn into a serie ; i grew up with all the cult series from the seventies like The Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman, The Six Millions Dollars Man,...I idolized Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman but i'm open to a reboot.

For your viewing pleasure, here is Wonder Woman season 2 opening credit :

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Saturday, 2011 Feb 12, 11:44 GMT | Message # 2

Site Admin

According to Deadline, Wonder Woman Pilot may have found its director.

Jeffrey Reiner is finalizing a deal to direct the NBC drama pilot Wonder Woman, David E. Kelley's reimagening of the iconic D.C. comic. In the reboot, from Warner Bros. TV, Wonder Woman -- aka Diana Prince -- is a vigilante crime fighter in L.A. but also a successful corporate executive and a modern woman trying to balance all of the elements of her extraordinary life.... Reiner has a solid track record on NBC. He served as director/co-executive producer on Friday Night Lights for the series' early run on NBC. He has directed 3 pilots so far, all going to series. Two of them were for NBC, Trauma in 2009 and The Event last year, and one for cable sibling Syfy, the Battlestar Galactica prequel Caprica.

Given that Jeffrey Reiner is director and producer on NBC’s The Event, that doesn't bode well for the future of The Event, who is due to replace The Cape on Monday, March 7.

Read the full article : Jeffrey Reiner Closes In On 'Wonder Woman' Pilot Directing Gig

Date: Thursday, 2011 Feb 17, 09:32 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

According to TheHollywoodReporter David E.Kelley has cast his lead for his reboot of Wonder Woman!

The new Diana Prince will be Adrianne Palicki, seen in Supernatural and on Smallville.But she is best known for playing Tyra on Friday Night Lights.

Miss Palicky has not the looks of a greek goddess in my opinion but i will watch the serie anyway if it's picked up by NBC.

credit Getty Images

Read the article on THR : Adrianne Palicki to Play Wonder Woman in NBC Pilot

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 2011 Feb 17, 09:33

Date: Monday, 2011 Feb 28, 23:04 GMT | Message # 4

Site Admin

Lynda Carter Weigh in on Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman :

QUESTION: What do you think of the casting?

ANSWER: I think it is an amazing role to play. I know she is going to be really nervous about it, just because you would be. But I have a lot of confidence in [writer] David Kelley and what he's going to come up with. David Kelley's so talented, and that's really where it needs to be, is in the writing. I spoke with David yesterday, and he's really, really excited about it.

It seems only logical that Carter would appear in the new series—you know, to pass the tiara. Asked if that had come up in conversation, Carter was careful to give nothing away: “That is something that even if I were, I couldn't tell you.” Where’s a Lasso of Truth when you need one?

Source : Hear Lynda Carter Weigh in on Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman at tv.com

Are you excited for the Wonder Woman reboot? Yes, wait until i post my next message.

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Mar 01, 16:49 GMT | Message # 5

Friends

Nice actress, movie must look smile

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Mar 01, 18:15 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
Lynda Carter Weigh in on Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman : QuoteQUESTION: What do you think of the casting? ANSWER: I think it is an amazing role to play. I know she is going to be really nervous about it, just because you would be. But I have a lot of confidence in [writer] David Kelley and what he's going to come up with. David Kelley's so talented, and that's really where it needs to be, is in the writing. I spoke with David yesterday, and he's really, really excited about it. QuoteIt seems only logical that Carter would appear in the new series—you know, to pass the tiara. Asked if that had come up in conversation, Carter was careful to give nothing away: “That is something that even if I were, I couldn't tell you.” Where’s a Lasso of Truth when you need one? Source : Hear Lynda Carter Weigh in on Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman at tv.com Are you excited for the Wonder Woman reboot? Yes, wait until i post my next message.

Everything i have heard about it sounds awful.

I am actually glad Summer didn't get that role. This will probably be as bad of a flop as The Cape. Although WW is a known brand.

Summer needs to get on a good show.

Date: Wednesday, 2011 Mar 02, 01:16 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

Many people had doubts when the pilot script details were released online but i will show you a video that will confirm those doubts. It's an audition tape from WW role that south-african actress Tanit Phoenix has made public. Don't get me wrong, i have nothing about this woman and an audtion tape often look awful, but you should take care about the situation and the dialogs; then you will understand my doubts.
Extract : "“these are lovely breasts, they’re just not my breasts. I wish I had these breasts, but I don’t”. Lol
Judge by yourself :

Date: Saturday, 2011 Mar 19, 12:25 GMT | Message # 8

Site Admin

First Look at Adrianne Palicki as Wonder Woman!

I won't tell too much about the costume or make-up because the whole net is already bashing the costume; notice that the belt is photoshop-added.

click on image for full size

Source :ComingSoon.net

Attachments: 5580786.jpg(172Kb)

Date: Saturday, 2011 Mar 19, 15:10 GMT | Message # 9

Friends

Terrible...

But I heard Cary Elwes "Princess Bride, SAW" is gonna be in it, he is awesome.

Show will probably still suck though, TC had Keith, Summer, James... and it was still pretty bad.

Date: Monday, 2011 Mar 21, 12:25 GMT | Message # 10

Site Admin

of course

Summer Glau as Wonder Woman - Fanart

by Cameron Elizabeth Phillips

looks better

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Monday, 2011 Mar 21, 15:03 GMT | Message # 11

Friends

Her fake boobs bother me.

I heard her dad performed her breast implant surgery... >.>

A wealth of talent, I'm sure... *rollseyes

Date: Friday, 2011 Mar 25, 17:56 GMT | Message # 12

Site Admin

Former Knight Rider star Justin Bruening has joined this
http://www.tvline.com/2011....ht-hunk

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Saturday, 2011 Apr 02, 11:14 GMT | Message # 13

Site Admin

Quote (Devo)
Her fake boobs bother me. I heard her dad performed her breast implant surgery... >.> A wealth of talent, I'm sure... *rollseyes

For me Photoshoop is responsible for this, not her father. Take a look at this picture : in the recent one, her boobs look real and her waist is larger (there is plenty of other changes) :

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 2011 Apr 02, 11:30

Date: Saturday, 2011 Apr 02, 17:16 GMT | Message # 14

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Devo)Her fake boobs bother me. I heard her dad performed her breast implant surgery... >.> A wealth of talent, I'm sure... *rollseyes For me Photoshoop is responsible for this, not her father. Take a look at this picture : in the recent one, her boobs look real and her waist is larger (there is plenty of other changes) :

They are not real, I have seen a 'sideboob' UHQ that Anonymous posted from a red carpet and you could see the scars underneath plain as day. And her father is in fact a plastic surgeon.

Hollywood needs to stop hiring women with plastic bodies, it is horrible for the female body image of impressionable young women. i find it shallow and repulsive.

Date: Sunday, 2011 Apr 03, 00:27 GMT | Message # 15

Site Admin

Thanks for the info Devo!
But i think you agree with me that the promo shot is heavily photoshoped; abusing of retouched images on magazines or promo shots has the same effect that you're describing.
I don't recall Summer was too much photoshoped in promo shots or fans would have noticed it; maybe a wonderbra here and there? At least nothing in commun with every pictures of Christina Hendricks from "Mad Men". I view a lot of online sites to find infos for the wiki and i think she is the most photoshoped girl of tv (to the point that fans don't recognize her on shots, from last year Esquire for example).

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Everything on Wonder Woman Reboots (David E. Kelley's "Wonder Woman" Reboot and more)
Page 1 of 6123456»
Search: