menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
Blazius Post # 121 | Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011 - 13:19
Group: Friends
Quote (FordStaff)
Clearly if she was a Sith Apprentice and killed her Sith Lord at a very young age she could not be a hot headed idiot character she would need to be a very clever and powerful manipulative bastard. If she killed her master it could happen very early in whatever fiction it is set (perhaps even just a flashback) , so she would be a Sith Lord for the majority of the work (that is how it works right, kill a Sith Lord and your in? ).

Many Sith Master had a master previously so if she is a master for the majority of the story then its about a Summer Sith Master not an apprentice, right?

BTW I say many, not all of them because many powerful Sith like Exar Kun or Darth Krayt etc. became Sith Lords on their own and were corrupted by Sith made holocrons( a Force based device which contains the knowledge of Sith Lords or Jedi) and/or Sith ghosts. The ghosts then taught them or they explored the Sith lore on their own. Of course they were all former Jedi.
I think this stereotype would be good for a Summer Sith too, showing the characters courage and fearlessness exploring then tombs and her intelligence( a walk on Korriban isn't something every Jedi could survive)

BTW thats why Sith will always survive, even if the order dies out, the teachings will still convert Jedi and create a new order.

Quote (FordStaff)
Alright more specific then. Are there any gunslinger Jedi or Sith? If I had to be in the Star Wars universe I would choose to be a grey Jedi gunslinger myself (I would still have a light-saber as backup because they are too awesome not to have ). I would not want to be on the leash of the Jedi Counsel, but Sith are not exactly the most personable people so I would not want to deal with them either unless it is to collect a bounty on their head.

Aurra Sing is your woman then. Although she is an evil bounty hunter(you don't have to be evil to be a bounty hunter) she wasn't trained enough in both Order to be considered anything but a Grey

and she uses snipers and guns extensively along with several bounty hunter gadgets. Although vs. a Jedi she uses lightsaber too( anybody but powerful Sith masters use lightsabers against Jedi but even them don't use guns but raw Force powers. Guns are just too ineffective against Jedi)

BTW Sith are never hunted by bounty hunters only Jedi usually by orders of a Sith smile

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

KrelleK Post # 122 | Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011 - 18:35
Quote (Blazius)
BTW I say many, not all of them because many powerful Sith like Exar Kun or Darth Krayt etc. became Sith Lords on their own and were corrupted by Sith made holocrons( a Force based device which contains the knowledge of Sith Lords or Jedi) and/or Sith ghosts. The ghosts then taught them or they explored the Sith lore on their own. Of course they were all former Jedi.
I think this stereotype would be good for a Summer Sith too, showing the characters courage and fearlessness exploring then tombs and her intelligence( a walk on Korriban isn't something every Jedi could survive)

so if we suppose that the Summer-Sith started out as a an apprentice of the Jedi order, but during some kind of archeology trip? or something similar, to Korriban or another stronghold of the sith, she finds/fall over a Sith Holocron that she in secret? begins to study. there could be that we have her master be played by Morrena Baccharin? biggrin that at first thought her apprentice was ready to something like this on her own, and then she finds out that something is not entirely as it should be with her apprentice and starts to race around the galaxy looking for her and hopefully be able to bring her back to into the fold of light and serenity of the light side. biggrin

KrelleK Post # 123 | Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011 - 18:46
Quote (FordStaff)
She could just be a Sith Apprentice (if that is what they are called) and overthrow the Sith Lord she is paired with to take command. That would demonstrate more power than needing to be a ghost or really old but young looking using powers and she could just look young because she would actually be young. I do not know much star wars lore, but I do know the Sith established the rule of two so that the Sith's instinct to betray could be contained. I would assume that for most it takes a considerable time before the apprentice gains enough experience and or power to successfully betray their lord, so Summer could just finish the job quickly and ruthlessly demonstrating her evilness.

well in KotoR it is revealed that Darth Malak betrayed his master(Lord Revan)by directing his own ship to fire upon his masters ship while the Jedi has sent a group to try an apprehend Darth Revan for some knowledge he poses, this particular thing leads to one serious amount of hope and trust, to be heaped upon the force, to lead to a desired outcome, and a certain crucial point in the game, that I think might be asking the force of to much :-)

Blazius Post # 124 | Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011 - 22:38
Quote (KrelleK)
so if we suppose that the Summer-Sith started out as a an apprentice of the Jedi order, but during some kind of archeology trip? or something similar, to Korriban or another stronghold of the sith, she finds/fall over a Sith Holocron that she in secret? begins to study. there could be that we have her master be played by Morrena Baccharin? that at first thought her apprentice was ready to something like this on her own, and then she finds out that something is not entirely as it should be with her apprentice and starts to race around the galaxy looking for her and hopefully be able to bring her back to into the fold of light and serenity of the light side.

The story could be something like this indeed. Although Jedi Masters are very careful who they trust a Sith holocron( even powerful masters can be corrupted really easily and masters know this) but lets say she somehow gets a Sith holocron and gets corrupted. Corruption means that she has to escape the order because Jedi can feel the Dark Side from miles unless the Sith is very good and can conceal it like Palpatine ( but that requires Dark Side mastery of course).

It can also happen that the master wants to redeem her former padawan.

Through I wouldn't like it to be a redemption story again, and those who become the leader of the Sith through corruption by a holocron or Sith spirit are usually beyond hope anyway ( they are the Palpatines of the story e.g the ultimate evil). So poor Morena has to die if she is the master I think.

Through each story has to be unique I like it when they follow the lore( SW authors pretty much follow these guidelines also)

Of course the Sith always wages a galactic scale war also and tries to wipe out the Jedi the Sith's ancient enemy so Sith Summer would be in a big space battle too.

Quote (KrelleK)
well in KotoR it is revealed that Darth Malak betrayed his master(Lord Revan)by directing his own ship to fire upon his masters ship while the Jedi has sent a group to try an apprehend Darth Revan for some knowledge he poses, this particular thing leads to one serious amount of hope and trust, to be heaped upon the force, to lead to a desired outcome, and a certain crucial point in the game, that I think might be asking the force of to much :-)

Just a quick note again: during Revan and Malaks time the rule of two wasn't in effect yet. There were many Sith during that time, remember the Sith academy missions on Korriban for example. The rule of two was established by Darth Bane I think 3000 years after KOTOR.

BTW thats what I said about the apprentices cheating. Malak was supposed to kill Revan in a duel when he( Revan is always male for me) becomes too weak and Malak learns everything. But by cheating he became leader too early( thats why he needed to die)

He also missed a few things from the larger picture and he was an obstacle to Revans real plans.

KOTOR is a main reason why I think Summer should be a master BTW. Revan was far wiser, more powerful, more badass than Malak could ever be. Malak was just an idiot who only used raw force with zero thinking. And Malak is one of the cleverer apprentices.

FordStaff Post # 125 | Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011 - 22:43
BTW Sith are never hunted by bounty hunters only Jedi usually by orders of a Sith

Nobody ever puts bounties on Sith or is it just that there are not any bounty hunters who will take the job? They don't exactly make loads and loads of friends.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

KrelleK Post # 126 | Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011 - 22:48
Quote (Blazius)
The story could be something like this indeed. Although Jedi Masters are very careful who they trust a Sith holocron( even powerful masters can be corrupted really easily and masters know this)

Well i was thinking that she might have been sent to take pics from wall paintings and such while either her master where somewhere else looking for it or another one entirely and Summers char simply falling over it(not literally biggrin ), or finding it herself, but in a way her feelings does not spike which i suppose her master would be able sense, and being just a little too curious hiding it to see for herself,

Blazius Post # 127 | Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011 - 23:07
Quote (FordStaff)
Nobody ever puts bounties on Sith or is it just that there are not any bounty hunters who will take the job? They don't exactly make loads and loads of friends.

The issue is that either nobody knows about them( the advantages of the Rule of Two) or they are already in a too high position to be attacked( like Emperor of the Galaxy). Also Sith are very powerful themselves and I don't think even an army of bounty hunters can take one down( Darth Maul massacred the entire Black Sun syndicate alone once for example and he wasn't even a very powerful Sith) also they have similarly powerful force based bodyguards and assassins who'd protect them. Jedi are usually far easier preys.

Also believe it or not Sith have actually many friends( or rather pawns) like crime syndicates or the Trade Federation for Palpatine.

Quote (KrelleK)
Well i was thinking that she might have been sent to take pics from wall paintings and such while either her master where somewhere else looking for it or another one entirely and Summers char simply falling over it(not literally ), or finding it herself, but in a way her feelings does not spike which i suppose her master would be able sense, and being just a little too curious hiding it to see for herself,

The problem is that

1. Jedi masters are in a strong force bond with padawans so they are more sensitive to each other

2. The Sith artifact itself emits a strong Dark Side aura, she couldn't bring it home you know.

So most of the time a Jedi becomes a Sith after she already left the order for some reason( like getting bored of it, wanting to learn more or something)

KrelleK Post # 128 | Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011 - 23:12
Quote (KrelleK)
Just a quick note again: during Revan and Malaks time the rule of two wasn't in effect yet. There were many Sith during that time, remember the Sith academy missions on Korriban for example. The rule of two was established by Darth Bane I think 3000 years after KOTOR.

BTW thats what I said about the apprentices cheating. Malak was supposed to kill Revan in a duel when he( Revan is always male for me) becomes too weak and Malak learns everything. But by cheating he became leader too early( thats why he needed to die)

He also missed a few things from the larger picture and he was an obstacle to Revans real plans.

KOTOR is a main reason why I think Summer should be a master BTW. Revan was far wiser, more powerful, more badass than Malak could ever be. Malak was just an idiot who only used raw force with zero thinking. And Malak is one of the cleverer apprentices.

you are certainly right that Malak cheated, attacking his masters ship and not challenge him in single combat as it should have been.

and about Revan fall to the dark side shortly after the Mandalorian wars, and his and malaks subsequent hunt for Mandalorian straglers, i too think he might have done it for some greather purpose with him/herself as sacrificial lamb(or perhaps in this case Bantha biggrin ) I also read somewhere about what happened after Revan was supposely redeemed and had beater Malak, shortly before he/she dissapears once again, having something to to with her memories as Revan reemerges, that make he/she asks Carth to be a greath Commander of the republic fleet, and perhaps some other duties, and something about asking the rather unpleaseant Mandalorian mercenary that joins the group on Taris. to go back and Reunite the Clans of Mandalore, and make them a power once again not to wage war as counquors once again but to be rise as allies of the republic if it should one day prove necesary as a last resort, and make sure that this was brought on the next generation of mandalorians too.

yeah i remember those missions very funny, i succeeded redeeming the fallen twillek was she(the trainer at the academy) and one of the trainees, and the a ghosts in one of the toombs, along with making the hopefull Sith out by the main port give up his dream of becoming a sith(the one that was sat on that supposed "tests" not to drink water

KrelleK Post # 129 | Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011 - 23:27
Quote (Blazius)
The problem is that

1. Jedi masters are in a strong force bond with padawans so they are more sensitive to each other

2. The Sith artifact itself emits a strong Dark Side aura, she couldn't bring it home you know.

So most of the time a Jedi becomes a Sith after she already left the order for some reason( like getting bored of it, wanting to learn more or something)

you are right about the holocron would emmits dark side aura, I forgot that, my bad biggrin and along with the strong bond between a master and Padawan, is most likely too strong, for her master not to sense her apprentice might have found something. my bad biggrin - well maybe the darkside aura from the holocron would dissapear in the darkside aura static from the toomb/-s or the entire pllanet itself but it would shine bright.... erhh dimly through loud and clear, then they leave the place, and the Summers padawan-char would be caught red handed for not telling about it.

then you mention it might be one of those cases where the student(in this case summers char)think the teaching is to slow, or the thing she learns is just small things like floating rocks stading upside down on one hand. that might actually be a more plausible scenario, or perhaps Summers char is just unlucky to be found by a sith and not a jedi.

Blazius Post # 130 | Tuesday, 08 Nov 2011 - 23:28
Quote (KrelleK)
and about Revan fall to the dark side shortly after the Mandalorian wars, and his and malaks subsequent hunt for Mandalorian straglers, i too think he might have done it for some greather purpose with him/herself as sacrificial lamb(or perhaps in this case Bantha ) I also read somewhere about what happened after Revan was supposely redeemed and had beater Malak, shortly before he/she dissapears once again, having something to to with her memories as Revan reemerges, that make he/she asks Carth to be a greath Commander of the republic fleet, and perhaps some other duties, and something about asking the rather unpleaseant Mandalorian mercenary that joins the group on Taris. to go back and Reunite the Clans of Mandalore, and make them a power once again not to wage war as counquors once again but to be rise as allies of the republic if it should one day prove necesary as a last resort, and make sure that this was brought on the next generation of mandalorians too.

That is the good version but I always do the Dark Side version( I don't like redemption stories but I love badass Siths like my evil Revan) which is cooler I think.

But doesn't matter the outcome is pretty much the same.

The info is from KOTOR 2 BTW which continues the story somewhat and explains a few things through unlockable character dialogues. There you have the mandalorian guy as a party member again and he tells his side of the story like Revan leaving him. But the most backstory you get is from Kreia, Revans master( and the best written video game character ever IMO)

She tells that she suspects that Revan never truly fell to the Dark Side but he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to make the Galaxy stronger against an unknown foe he learned about from Sith worlds. Sadly KOTOR 3 was never created and we don't know really what it was.

Quote (KrelleK)
then you mention it might be one of those cases where the student(in this case summers char)think the teaching is to slow, or the thing she learns is just small things like floating rocks stading upside down on one hand. that might actually be a more plausible scenario, or perhaps Summers char is just unlucky to be found by a sith and not a jedi.

Yes, that'd be more likely and still offers a lot of space for a custom story without going against the lore. Hunger for more knowledge paves the way for hunger for power in SW, that'd be artistical I think. Also that'd continue the tradition that Summer characters are always a kind of prodigies so if the char is far too good for the standard teachings which the average Jedi get she can grow very impatient and bored and leave.

The found by Sith story is also good but that'd mean sad childhood again and I think thats a bit overused now( like a former slave freed by a Sith)

Quote (KrelleK)
yeah i remember those missions very funny, i succeeded redeeming the fallen twillek was she(the trainer at the academy) and one of the trainees, and the a ghosts in one of the toombs, along with making the hopefull Sith out by the main port give up his dream of becoming a sith(the one that was sat on that supposed "tests" not to drink water

It was a paradise for Sith players, that was my second favorite planet, my first was the Unknown World( where you confront Bastila in the end)

I killed both the Twilek and the Master and then there was a huge Sith brawl biggrin

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 00:19

KrelleK Post # 131 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 01:29
Quote (Blazius)
That is the good version but I always do the Dark Side version( I don't like redemption stories but I love badass Siths like my evil Revan) which is cooler I think.

But doesn't matter the outcome is pretty much the same.

The info is from KOTOR 2 BTW which continues the story somewhat and explains a few things through unlockable character dialogues. There you have the mandalorian guy as a party member again and he tells his side of the story like Revan leaving him. But the most backstory you get is from Kreia, Revans master( and the best written video game character ever IMO)

She tells that she suspects that Revan never truly fell to the Dark Side but he became the Dark Lord out of necessity to make the Galaxy stronger against an unknown foe he learned about from Sith worlds. Sadly KOTOR 3 was never created and we don't know really what it was.

well back in the day then ii had made it through Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight(Kyle Katarn becoming a jedi as his father before him) I had quite a hard time with choosing to become a sith :-) the same slightly easier in Jedi Academy - because the Rosh Penin characther had in a way also betrayed me, but damn KotoR really do push the lemon for one not to take the dark side. but i did choose to be good but damn that was hard after finding out what had been goin on aroun oneself, and the game pretty much wank you on the head with iron pole of hints - the dream in the beginning of Taris, Carth unknowingly of the truth mention the force can do terrible things like alter ones memories and such, and on dantoine one of the masters say something along the lines of: ok we train him/her, when what if Darth Revan reemerge or rise again or some such, that is what i meant with putting a little to much upon the will of the force to my thinking, because at that point upon the enemy ship it is not like they could stop oneself if once the truth is out that he/she chooses the dark side for having been lied too. like what would have had happened if they told the truth before the training began perhaps? smile

Message edited by KrelleK - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 01:45

KrelleK Post # 132 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 01:42
Quote (Blazius)
The found by Sith story is also good but that'd mean sad childhood again and I think thats a bit overused now( like a former slave freed by a Sith)

yes i guess i could be a plausible theory that she was "freed" from slavery by a sith that when just with promisses of being ableto protect herself and others from slavery, put another kind of chains on her(being led by the dark side)where dreams of helping others slowly dies out as it did for that teacher KotoR(do not know if you know that, was practically what happened to her)

but a sad childhood? could be, but could it not also have been one of affluence(is that the word)without reasonable barriers by parents(that she might actually have been loved) so she turns into a young woman that think she is entitled to everything, and perhaps also cruel. just some thoughts on the subject biggrin

Blazius Post # 133 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 01:51
Quote (KrelleK)
well back in the day then ii had made it through Dark Forces 2 Jedi Knight(Kyle Katarn becoming a jedi as his father before him) I had quite a hard time with choosing to become a sith :-) the same slightly easier because the Rosh Penin characther had in a way also betrayed me, but damn KotoR really do push the lemon for one not to take the dark side. but i did choose to be good but damn that was hard after finding out what had been goin on aroun oneself, and the game pretty much wank you on the head with iron pole of hints - the dream in the beginning of Taris, Carth unknowingly of the truth mention the force can do terrible things like alter ones memories and such, and on dantoine one of the masters say something along the lines of: ok we train him/her, when what if Darth Revan reemerge or rise again or some such, that is what i meant with putting a little to much upon the will of the force to my thinking, because at that point upon the enemy ship it is not like they could stop oneself if once the truth is out that he/she chooses the dark side for having been lied too. like what would have had happened if they told the truth before the training began perhaps?

I was on the Dark Side already but that revelation pissed me off really. I already thought that Revan was cool in the intros in that cool armor and his cool, speechless badass behaviour while Malak was only whining about how the order will punish them. But that made me want to avenge what was done to him! The most satisfying moments were when I chopped the half of my party members then I saw that little rat Vandar blown up by MY almighty Sith armada then with my hot apprentice Bastila I set off to conquer the Republic. The most satisfying ending for a video game ever. In KOTOR 2 I chopped that arrogant Vrook too and my revenge was complete!

BTW I agree that making evil choices were actually very hard to make in many cases( the game had good writing). I just couldn't let the poor woman down on Tatooine for example. In KOTOR 2 its even harder IMO. Even if I do an evil playthrough I can't sell a child to slavery for example. I rather chop down the captors.

I agree that the truth was pretty obvious from the beginning. The whole "Carth don't trust you " thing was stinking from the start and then you got even more clue.

BTW I didn't understand something. Why teach Revan to be a Jedi again and risk him fall again or his power to return? Wouldn't that be more safe to let Bastila do the fighting and using Revan only to show the way?

And I just couldn't let Rosh live after being so annoying and betraying me on the top of that too.

BTW I don't know how Revan would respond if the council told him. Its player dependent I guess, like my Revan would go rogue but yours would have understood it.

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 01:52

Blazius Post # 134 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:02
Quote (KrelleK)
but a sad childhood? could be, but could it not also have been one of affluence(is that the word)without reasonable barriers by parents(that she might actually have been loved) so she turns into a young woman that think she is entitled to everything, and perhaps also cruel. just some thoughts on the subject

Do you remember the girl from the Sith academy who liked to bully your character? I think she was actually a spoiled princess type of Sith. Also Aleema Keto from Tales of the Jedi is a noble woman too who became Sith out of boredom I think. Its not a very explored Sith character so I'd definitely like this idea. Also the ancient Sith were ruled over their empire as kings. Maybe she could be a daughter of an ancient Sith ruler who survived somehow and wants to conquer the galaxy herself.

Quote (KrelleK)
yes i guess i could be a plausible theory that she was "freed" from slavery by a sith that when just with promisses of being ableto protect herself and others from slavery, put another kind of chains on her(being led by the dark side)where dreams of helping others slowly dies out as it did for that teacher KotoR(do not know if you know that, was practically what happened to her)

Yes, and the Sith could use her anger against her captors and maybe her first act could be later when she gets a bit training is to kill and torture her masters. Thats actually enough for anybody to fall to the Dark Side.

Which teacher? The old guy from the Yode like hut from Kashyyyk?

FordStaff Post # 135 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:13
I already thought that Revan was cool in the intros in that cool armor and his cool,

The Canon Revan is female isn't she? I know they give higher quality and quantity of dialogue for the female Revan characters at least in the first KOTOR. I thought I remember reading in an article the creators admit that the female Revan is the preferred choice.

Summer could be Revan in a KOTOR movie, not that it would ever happen.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
Search: