menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
Ungol Post # 451 | Friday, 25 Jan 2013 - 07:48
Group: Friends
Hi.

This is my first post to the forum. Originally I wanted to start a thread about what movie or literary heroine we'd like Summer to portray - essentially a sort of screenplay suggestions - but then I saw this one, and it looks like the place.

So, I've recently been re-reading a short Sci-Fi story from my childhood, one that I always particularly loved. It was originally written in Russian, by an author known as Kir Bulychev. As I was reading it, it occured to me that the story would make a great movie if treated rightly, and Summer would be the perfect actress to portray the protagonist, especially remembering the "Allison from Palmdale" episode of TSCC. The story is IMHO a masterpiece. There is an amateur English translation here: http://www.bewilderingstories.com/issue406/half_life1.html - if you are interested. Although it is a bit stiff and too dryly translated in some places, and the original is  more lively, it's still a good one. 

Also, I am a big fan of Jules Verne from my early days as well, and I can vividly imagine Summer playing Lady Glenarvan from "Children of Captain Grant", should it be rendered as a TV series. In fact, it WAS a TV series, and a very successful one, in my time, which made the idea appealing. It had the most beautiful music as well. And Summer always wanted to do a period drama anyway smile

WBR,
Ungol.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 452 | Saturday, 26 Jan 2013 - 22:17
Group: Administrators
Actress CaroleAnne Johnson pointed out an article: 'The Major Players in Pilot Season Auditions' By Melinda Loewenstein at Backstage.com

Interesting read, but i doubt the choice is made only on the acting qualities of the actors.

You know CaroleAnne Johnson, btw; she plays the blond woman in bed with Wilson Bethel in the trailer for "Inside the Box":

Inside the box trailer - CaroleAnne Johnson

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Alex Post # 453 | Sunday, 27 Jan 2013 - 00:22
Group: Bloggers
Reference post #452: Wow! That is a fascinating article. Imagine trying to appeal to all those people and still keep your wits about you. That audience is full of very smart and sharp people who can probably sense in an instant whether or not someone is what they want. And they are responsible for spending a lot of money. I can't imagine the stress they must all be under.

There was a linked article with the title "26 Reasons You Didn't Get the Part". It too is an interesting read. Basically the writer, who is a casting director, said that all an actor can do is just do the best they can because the 26 reasons are all things that the actor cannot control (too short, too tall, too handsome, not handsome enough, the actor looks too much like the director's ex-spouse, and so on). To the author's point, she says that these are the 26 she has heard the most but really, there could be a million reasons all of which are beyond the actor's control.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 454 | Friday, 01 Feb 2013 - 17:32
Cable network Starz is developing a ballet drama from “Breaking Bad” co-executive producer Moira Walley-Beckett and Lawrence Bender, both former ballet dancers, the network announced Tuesday.

The untitled entry centers on a young female ballet dancer named Claire with a troubled past who joins a ballet company in New York. The project, which is described as dark and gritty, will explore the dysfunctional underbelly of the ballet world.

Read full article at THR

This new project has Summer Glau written all over it, don't you think?

Thanks to @IamBill46 for the heads up!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 455 | Monday, 06 May 2013 - 21:03
Ronald D. Moore, the acclaimed developer and executive producer of Syfy's Battlestar Galactica, is adapting 'Outlander' novels to serie for the premium cable channel Starz.

So unofficially, Moore has a greenlight from the premium cable channel to work on the first season of "Outlander," based on the 22-year-old novel from author Diana Gabaldon. In the story, a married World War II combat nurse gets pulled back in time to the 18th century where she is on the run to save her own life. She is forced to marry a Scottish warrior, Jamie, and puts her in a love triangle so unique, only science-fiction can tell it.

Moore, best known for his work in rebooting "Battlestar Galactica" for Syfy in the early 2000s, has hired Toni Graphia, Matthew B. Roberts, Ira Steven Behr and Anne Kenney to join him in writing the series.
Source: Deadline

Tony Graphia worked on TSCC and The Cape while Ira Steven Behr worked on The 4400 and Alphas; which means they have Summer Glau in their short list of actors.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 456 | Sunday, 19 May 2013 - 07:51
It looks like Sylvester Stallone is looking for the new Sigourney Weaver. Erick made Sly a very good suggestion.

And since a picture is worth a thousand words...

Hicks- Aliens photomanipulations
Watch more Aliens photomanipulations in the Gallery

robbo Post # 457 | Monday, 20 May 2013 - 02:30
must admit its not a bad idea, like he says summer glau kicks ass, would be a great oppurtunity for summer glau, would make a great youthful sigourney weaver, if he is looking for someone to fit that category, for the alien franchise and it would be a kickstart for summer glau, to get back on track with her career, which would be fantastic news for summer, great suggestion,

chrisdvanne_ Post # 458 | Monday, 20 May 2013 - 08:14
Ref #457

I think he's hiring for The Expendables 3, not for the Alien franchise.

robbo Post # 459 | Monday, 20 May 2013 - 15:53
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Ref #457

I think he's hiring for The Expendables 3, not for the Alien franchise.
or right sorry, got that one wrong, still the expendables 3, wont be such a bad idea if thats the case,

chrisdvanne_ Post # 460 | Wednesday, 22 May 2013 - 17:02
Cinema Blend published an article about Stallone's Tweets.

As I see it, the tweet above can be read two ways. First: Sigourney Weaver is a badass action heroine; we need someone like her but younger (read: hotter) for this male-audience-driven franchise. Or two: Sigourney is on board and we need someone who can encapsulate her unique blend of strength and smarts to play a younger version of her character for flashback purposes (or something.) I'm hoping it's the latter because with appearances in Cabin in the Woods and Paul, Weaver has shown she is still a force to be reckoned with, not one to be cavalierly replaced. Though it may be a bad sign that Sly misspelled her name.

My suggestion is of course Summer Glau and I left a message in this direction on the comment section under the article.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 461 | Wednesday, 12 Jun 2013 - 12:51
7 Other Shakespeare Plays Joss Whedon Should Direct Besides 'Much Ado About Nothing'
By: Christopher Monigle for starpulse

LOHG screen caps

As You Like It

Joss Whedon likes his women strong, and Rosalind is among Shakespeare's strongest female characters. She drives the action. As You Like It also continues the trend of off-screen transformations for previously bad characters. Characters transformed in the forest of Arden somehow transform those who wish they harm. The character Jacques delivers the famous 'Seven Ages of Men' soliloquy. Summer Glau would be a wonderful Rosalind. Glau can be tough and vulnerable in her roles. Rosalind puts up a strong, tough front, but she's vulnerable when she learns someone loves her; but, really, she's all this--that is Rosalind. James Marsters as Jacques would be very good.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 462 | Friday, 14 Jun 2013 - 11:47
A Wish List: Casting the Justice League Movie, By Kenji Lloyd at heyuguys.co.uk

Casting the Justice League Movie - Summer Glau as Wonder Woman

And finally, because I think she’s perfect for almost any role, Summer Glau is my last candidate on the short list. Glau has the advantage of already having something of a heroic status amongst fanboys, the majority of whom would no doubt absolutely love to see her in a leading superhero role like this.

As much as I love Summer Glau, Wonder Woman needs a statuesque woman and Summer is short (in her own words). Apart from that, I agree with the author of the article, I think she’s perfect for almost any role :-)

Read more at heyuguys.co.uk

chrisdvanne_ Post # 463 | Saturday, 15 Jun 2013 - 11:10
It doesn't cost anything to try smile

@meganeellison @AnnapurnaPics @ParamountPics I'm glad that Arnold Schwarzenegger is coming back in Terminator 5. It would be equally awesome to add the beautiful and talented Summer Glau to the new Terminator movie. Summer gained a lot of geek cred by playing two of the most iconic roles in recent sci-fi history (River in Joss Whedon's Firefly and Cameron in the tv serie Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles). She did wonderful things during the last decade which we'll never forget. Perfect, astonishing characters full of life and realism, in each of her shows and movies. Despite how pretty Summer Glau is, she is such a gutsy performer who just throws herself completely into her character. Summer Glau's name is regularly quoted in the medias (and by fans alike) when a new blockbuster is in the making; please do yourself and your Terminator movies a favor, watch some tapes of her performance and include her in the casting process. Yours truly, chrisdvanne.

KrelleK Post # 464 | Monday, 17 Jun 2013 - 00:53
by the by is Summer Glau Voicing Kara Sor El(SuperGirl) in the newest Superman animated movie

loves the scene with louis lane, the  guy in the chopper and SuperGirl,

he fires a rocket, SG flies right through it without descernable damage, when Louis saying something like, you do not know Teenagers of today, rebelious, seems to think themselfes unbeatable, and do not know there own strenght, you are so in trouble now - to the guy that fired the rocket. :-)

Hicks Post # 465 | Wednesday, 19 Jun 2013 - 03:51
I once had an idea of her playing Scarlet Witch in X-Men.

I had this idea where Magneto would have this evil (well you know) so he looks up the twins Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, his children. The two would be orphans their whole lives trying to get by especially in the human/mutant world. When Magneto finds them, Scarlet feels that they finally have a family. But Magneto cares about his cause more then his own children. Silver is suspicious of Magneto and is very protective of his sister which drives a wedge between the twins. So Silver seeks help from the X-Men with Scarlet still with the Brotherhood.

I think that would make for a great story and role for Summer.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
Search: