menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
FordStaff Post # 166 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 04:28
Group: Friends
I just thought about some kind of reply because I'd also like to use Summers acting to its full potential but maybe this scene is not the right place.

If the movie follows the course of the game then there will be plenty of use for Summers acting. The Revan scenes as I described them would not offer the opportunity, but if that were not the case Revan would not be as much of a bad ass. Once they wipe Revan's memory the character could be completely different and very self-conflicted.

Converting the game wouldn't make Summer's character too Jedi?

I suppose it could go either way if the movie were to follow the course of the game. If Summer got to be Revan though would it matter whether she switches to the light side biggrin . As long as they do not pull some love equals redemption crap.

The Jedi died anyway and its far cooler if Revan kills then than a stupid explosion. I also like that Bastile gets beaten.

Yeah well someone needs to knock her down a peg, and at the same time Revan can establish a very high threat level.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 04:31

Blazius Post # 167 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 04:37
Quote (FordStaff)
I suppose it could go either way if the movie were to follow the course of the game. If Summer got to be Revan though would it matter whether he switches to the light side .

Well, the one in witch she is supposed to marry Carth is kinda ugly I think and would break the character.

Also the ceremony and the hero stuff + she let herself memory wiped, not badass I think.

I think she should become a Sith again but maybe not that extremely evil as in the first game. I think the dark acts for the greater good idea from KOTOR 2 is the way to go. Also if it turned to be a trilogy we could explore what happened earlier and after KOTOR I-II. Maybe the threat which Revan feared could be revealed too.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

FordStaff Post # 168 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 04:43
I think she should become a Sith again but maybe not that extremely evil as in the first game. I think the dark acts for the greater good idea from KOTOR 2 is the way to go. Also if it turned to be a trilogy we could explore what happened earlier and after KOTOR I-II. Maybe the threat which Revan feared could be revealed too.

I agree that this sounds better. She could be a Sith who uses the dark side, and yet at the same time be interested in the greater good. That would be interesting. Perhaps Revan realized she had to fall to the dark side in order to be able to defeat the outside threat. It would add some ambiguity not seen in any of the Star Wars movies.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 04:44

Blazius Post # 169 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 04:46
Quote (KrelleK)
show of fear, would that not seem to indicate that they have send in padawans along with one or more knight against Revan(which would be a slaughter of innocent young padawans), would they rather send in a group of full knights or perhaps one/master then they are to "dance" with Revan, but maybe one could mention he/she had run into Revan during the mandalorian wars(if perhaps the jedi finally decided go in after Revan had pretty much dragged them in anyway) out that Revan had once saved his/her life during combat(before she fell), and then it turns out they all have had similar experiences with her(except bastilla maybe) and are sorry that they have to do this to one of there own, perhaps a former friend? that they air there displeasure of Revan forcing them to do this, and perhaps air there respect and perhaps fear of her skills with a lightsaber

Except that all Jedi were exiled by the council( the KOTOR 2 hero for example) who went with Revan and the core of his Sith empire is actually made of renegate Republic military and his Sith are corrupted Jedi who went with him to the Mandalorian Wars. On the other hand I agree that it'd be better if they were all at least knights( bigger victory for Summer Revan). Maybe somebody could say that Revan killed his fellow knights and former master or something like that.

Quote (FordStaff)
I agree that this sounds better. She could be a Sith who uses the dark side, and yet at the same time be interested in the greater good. That would be interesting. Perhaps Revan realized she had to fall to the dark side in order to be able to defeat the outside threat. It would add some ambiguity not seen in any of the Star Wars movies.

Thats why KOTOR games are so brilliant SW material. They try to break with the too black and white nature of the movies and makes you think about who is really evil.

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 04:56

FordStaff Post # 170 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 04:57
On the other hand I agree that it'd be better if they were all at least knights( bigger victory for Summer Revan). Maybe somebody could say that Revan killed his fellow knights and former master or something like that.

If they make it clear they are all high ranking Jedi and there are still some of them so fearful their hands shake it would be a very good testament to Revan's power and or cruelty.

Thats why KOTOR games are so brilliant SW material. They try to break with the too black and white nature of the movies and makes you think about who is really evil.

The problem is that the dark side choices still just make you sadistic. Perhaps Revan gets mind wiped like in the game, but after regaining the memories she becomes a Sith again (because she needs too for the threat), but this time she is not nearly as sadistic as before (not that she would not be ruthless).

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 05:00

Blazius Post # 171 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 05:06
Quote (FordStaff)
The problem is that the dark side choices still just make you sadistic. Perhaps Revan gets mind wiped like in the game, but after regaining the memories she becomes a Sith again (because she needs too for the threat), but this time she is not nearly as sadistic as before (not that she would not be ruthless).

I agree that in KOTOR I you had "steal candy from childs" like evil choices so I wouldn't like to implement them of course. Also in a movie you don't have to watch out for the aligment slider which TBH sometimes pushed me to become irrationally sadistic( force lighting drains fewer mana if you are really dark for example).

FordStaff Post # 172 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 05:16
sometimes pushed me to become irrationally sadistic

Perhaps that could be part of the plot. Revan needs to use the dark side for whatever reason, but it also tries to use her by influencing her mind to be inclined to such things. To keep with the ambiguity of a good dark side user she could keep a delicate balance between sadism and pragmatism(choking an officer that is a failure while sadistic is at least arguably pragmatic, chocking random civilians is just sadism). This could be Revan's inner conflict, that while keeping her a bad ass anti-villian also earns some sympathy.

Now that we have been talking about Summer playing Revan I can not imagine Revan as anything else biggrin .

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 05:18

Blazius Post # 173 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 05:36
OK people, this is what Kreia thinks about Revan after I asked her:

I made these right now biggrin

EDIT: I don't know how to make them bigger sad

(Although you can still click on them)

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 05:43

FordStaff Post # 174 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 05:45
I never trusted a word that came out of Kreia's mouth myself, not a single one. Not that I do not believe what she is saying in your pictures to be true. Also your character is hideous lol, maybe that was why I always took the light side paths.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 05:46

Blazius Post # 175 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 05:57
Quote (FordStaff)
I never trusted a word that came out of Kreia's mouth myself, not a single one. Not that I do not believe what she is saying in your pictures to be true. Also your character is hideous lol, maybe that was why I always took the light side paths.

And with good reason of course smile

But I think she doesn't lie here but more important is that I want Summer Revan to be a character she describes. That Revan would never do petty bullying like my Revan actually did in KOTOR I. That Revan also sounds a very powerful character who is above the standard Sith and Jedi.

And I know my char looks very hideously biggrin

He was quite fine until he started to become affected by the DS corruption after I did a "few" bad things. Even I was horrified what became of him surprised

There is an ingame joke when the merchants ask if I have some kind of ugly illness which causes my skin to look like that and offer medicines smile

BUT he was quite powerful. He was a powerful Sith who could defeat any opponent using only force powers. I basically choked the boss to death, it was funny.

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 06:04

FordStaff Post # 176 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 06:03

There is an ingame joke when the merchants ask if I have some kind of ugly illness which causes my skin to look like that and offer medicines smile

Lol, I would be surprised if you could get anyone to talk to you at all looking like that.

But I think she doesn't lie here but more important is that I want Summer Revan to be a character she describes. That Revan would never do petty bullying like my Revan actually did in KOTOR I. That Revan also sounds a very powerful character who is above the standard Sith and Jedi.

If Revan were to be in a Star Wars movie Kreia's description of him is exactly what should be portrayed in the movie (by Summer biggrin ).

Blazius Post # 177 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 06:10
Quote (FordStaff)
Lol, I would be surprised if you could get anyone to talk to you at all looking like that.

I guess thats why Brianna didn't want me dry

Sith are lonely sometimes you know sad

But then they kill some Jedi and they feel better instantly cool

Quote (FordStaff)
If Revan were to be in a Star Wars movie Kreia's description of him is exactly what should be portrayed in the movie (by Summer ).

Exactly! That'd be the only fitting Sith role for Summer for sure!

And we could have a strong female leader at least. Seriously you can't get a stronger leader character than this!

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 06:13

FordStaff Post # 178 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 06:15
Exactly! That'd be the only fitting Sith role for Summer for sure!

It would be much like her other roles (well I am thinking only of Cameron and River) in that there is much more below the surface than meets the eye (oddly in terms of power and secrets in both cases). This needs to happen.

Is there even talk of any new star wars movies at all?

And we could have a strong female leader at least. Seriously you can't get a stronger leader character than this!

As long as they do not screw up the role by making a love interest as the impetus for her decisions or some crap like that.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 06:17

KrelleK Post # 179 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 06:16
Quote (Blazius)
Except that all Jedi were exiled by the council( the KOTOR 2 hero for example) who went with Revan and the core of his Sith empire is actually made of renegate Republic military and his Sith are corrupted Jedi who went with him to the Mandalorian Wars. On the other hand I agree that it'd be better if they were all at least knights( bigger victory for Summer Revan). Maybe somebody could say that Revan killed his fellow knights and former master or something like that.

well yes Revan did pull a whole lot of young eager to do good knights with her into the mandalorian wars, but did the Jedi counsel not at some point decide that to go into war, if anything just to make sure not to lose face to one of there slightly rogueish knights in front of the republic itself? and if they did that(i do not know if they did so, but in that case they would not likely exile the ones remained loyal to the order, and in that case i think it could be possible that some of these might have had some experience with Revan, as she had come as if out of nowhere and saved one or more of there bacons, on one/more occasions, because as far as I know she had not fallen totally yet, durring the Mandalorian wars, that it happened shortly after the ended and she took to hunt Mandalorian straglers)

Chris Post # 180 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 06:28
Quote (FordStaff)
so she has to remove the mask early

How about a cold open with a Jedi boarding party infiltrating Revan's ship. Revan with mask on is told the situation by her second in command and without any response heads towards the problem. Return to the Jedi discussing their mission (could even have the younger ones have hands shaking) as one of them is working on a door. Once they get the door open they all reel back as Revan just stands in the clearing. One of the younger jedi charge Revan who remains unmoved until last second when she merely dodges and he tumbles to the floor blah blah blah fight ensues and she wipes the floor with multiple jedi in no time to demonstrate Revan's threat level. During the fight the mask could be damaged (not in a way to make Revan look incompetent though) and Revan could take it off afterwards for the reveal.

A simple glancing blow to the mask as Revan dodges a foot flung at her as 3 Jedis are attacking her she she rips the mask off rather then repositioning it wink

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
Search: