menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
KrelleK Post # 151 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 03:16
Group: Friends
something a little different what about fantasy?

I have read a fantasy book by a danish author(fantasy by danish author seems atleast to me to be a rather rare occurence) he also wrote other books maybe you have heard of either an american movie I think is called the first time(teen comedy) that is based on the danish movie that was based on a book called Love at first Hiccup I think it could be translated into.

anyway the book I think should be moviefied is called Dystopia, very long, kinda slow at times but very good.

it start in a world on the medieval step of civilization this world is cut into 2 parts with one kingdom of either side of a big chiasm, these two kingdoms is at war(mostly cold but with small lukewarm times i guess it could be said(both sides uses somekind of flying rider)

the kings on both sides happens to have one child each, a young man on one side, and a young woman on the other, both of them, have from there male parent(mothers are dead) heard scary stories of how ugly the people one the other side, that especially there the others child is especially ugly(later both find out these stories could be no farthere from the truth biggrin )

a little dwarf like druid type of person tries to contact both children to try and find a way to stop this war, that falls on deaf ears, then in the dreams of both the kings he have them in there dreamscape as little boys run down to the chiasm and talk(yell across the chiasm that they should meet on the middle discuss peace, and how they should because there is only one piece of neutral ground in this world, a spire of a moutain that reach up from the chiasm where the bottom is not visible, and out of it comes a beautyfull bridge that anchors up on the spire of the moutain. then the next morning both kings are awakened to view they had not thought they would the, brigde is there, so both desides to meet on the middle and yet this long war has made both sides incredible paranoid so they both take there respective armies out there, and on the front of both armies are the kings and there child(here comes the eye opener biggrin ) unfortunately there are some othereworldly power that do wish this peace to be reached, and all of sudden one of the riding animals attack the one directly in front of him without order from the rider(the princess) turn into a big battle that leads mutual destruction and the end of hope so the bridge falters(it was held up by the hopes of the kings, and they die, along with everyone else, except 2, the prince and the princess, and they absolutely hate each other now) and they run into a big statue of a prauncin horse with wings as a pecasus, and a horn as a unicorn(Quaslyn Shilay)(that had come with the bridge instead of the spire of a thin moutain. the princess because she knows her chances in stand up fight against the prince would very close suicide and she certainly do want to die before he is dead, and the feel the same, just her before him, they end up in the head, first her, then a little after, where they both crawl up a plant like thingy like the beanstock from that story, without meeting each other. they end up in another world entirely called dystopia where they meet some kind of people(The Eudaimons) that has been told by the same dwarflike entety, as the one in the beginning, that they find the 2 young people and and make sure they do not kill each other, shortly after there adventures in this world with four of the eudaimons, because this world is also under siege by the darkness that also in the shadows caused the peace meet in the other to fail, when sometimes during these travels they get flashbacks from other persons from many years ago in there own world in there respective country, how they both where taken from there real parents do a special mark they carried(The mark of Quaslyn Shilai - Elvish kinda ears, because there is apparently something like prophecy saying people with this mark will bring fourth the peace) also on this travels they first hack vocally on each other, then a grudgin respect, a friendship and then most likely love springs fourth between them.

I think this could be a movie for Summer Glau and Thomas Dekker to do biggrin

Message edited by KrelleK - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 03:28

Chris Post # 152 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 03:19
So Summer as the evil darth Revan mask on or off so when you finally find out who it is there is for more shock value or do we want to see her angelic face contort in anger fighting then satisfaction as she dices up the enemy maybe both wink after all why cant we have a trilogy of Summer Glau kicking ass.

FordStaff Post # 153 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 03:25
The difficulty with the decisions from the people making the games in ME over KOTOR is that in ME the renegade and paragon decisions often try to accomplish the same end game goals, so each has to seem like a legitimate decision to that end with the paragon standing for principles and the renegade saying screw principles I got a gun. One of the excellent things though is that paragon still remains as much of a bad ass as the renegade although with a bit less face punching. For example when the Paragon Shepherd gets betrayed (s)he does not act astounded or start crying he shoots the traitorous bastard and spits in their face. The decisions to make in ME are not hard because both decisions are presented as possibly correct. In a way this makes the decisions hardest of all, you can just go to Mass Effect forums and see how much arguing there is about which decisions are correct decisions. (to be fair sometimes a renegade or paragon decision is stupid from any point of view, but for the most part there is always justification for a decision)

In KOTOR the decisions are very black and white to the point of literally being the light and dark side biggrin , there is no ambiguity you either do something evil and know it or do the opposite.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 03:29

Blazius Post # 154 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 03:27
Quote (Chris)
So Summer as the evil darth Revan mask on or off so when you finally find out who it is there is for more shock value or do we want to see her angelic face contort in anger fighting then satisfaction as she dices up the enemy maybe both after all why cant we have a trilogy of Summer Glau kicking ass.

i want to see her beautiful face of course, and her fantastic expressions so she has to remove the mask early but the mask needs to be there because its important for Revan. BTW on the Star Forge after you become Sith again you can obtain your original robes but without mask so you can see the face of your character. So its good for the film too.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 03:28

Blazius Post # 155 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 03:35
Quote (FordStaff)
The difficulty with the decisions from the people making the games in ME over KOTOR is that in ME the renegade and paragon decisions often try to accomplish the same end game goals, so each has to seem like a legitimate decision to that end with the paragon standing for principles and the renegade saying screw principles I got a gun. One of the excellent things though is that paragon still remains as much of a bad ass as the renegade although with a bit less face punching. For example when the Paragon Shepherd gets betrayed (s)he does not act astounded or start crying he shoots the traitorous bastard and spits in their face. The decisions to make in ME are not hard because both decisions are presented as possibly correct. In a way this makes the decisions hardest of all, you can just go to Mass Effect forums and see how much arguing there is about which decisions are correct decisions. (to be fair sometimes a renegade or paragon decision is stupid from any point of view, but for the most part there is always justification for a decision)

Granted I still don't know if I did it right to team up with the Illusive man and preserve the collector base so I wasn't completely fair I admit. And due to the import system you don't even know what further effect will have on Me3 a decision you made long ago even in Me1 so I was wrong.

Also I loved too how badass you could be in either way and Jenifer Hale made a very good job making Femshep sound fantastic(she voices Bastila too BTW)

KrelleK Post # 156 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 03:43
Quote (Blazius)
i want to see her beautiful face of course, and her fantastic expressions so she has to remove the mask early but the mask needs to be there because its important for Revan. BTW on the Star Forge after you become Sith again you can obtain your original robes but without mask so you can see the face of your character. So its good for the film too.

perhaps it would give us a chance to see her beautyfull contorted by a sneer of unbridled fury at times biggrin

they could start the movie maybe with showing Bastilla storms into the bridge with her JediGuys/-Girls comming to try and bring in Revan and the one stepping in between, as seen in the cut scene, dies and then Bastilla says what she says, then it can go either this way: Revan leads her hands slowly up to remove the mask to fight, and then the shot comes and throws her for a loop and into a coma that bastilla readelly treats, or it could go that Revan does not get to remove the mask, still thrown into the coma by the shot from the other ship, and either Bastilla removes the mask to treat Revan or one of the other Jedi´s remove it to see this former prodigy sister in arms. and then a meeting between the masters for what decision to be made with Revan, that she is to get a new Republic loyal soldier, and the decision that where ever bastilla goes this new soldier, or the other way around, and perhaps also Bastilla´s think it might be wrong to withold the truth from her forever, and a forbiding by the masters to bastilla to tell the Revan

FordStaff Post # 157 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 03:44
so she has to remove the mask early

How about a cold open with a Jedi boarding party infiltrating Revan's ship. Revan with mask on is told the situation by her second in command and without any response heads towards the problem. Return to the Jedi discussing their mission (could even have the younger ones have hands shaking) as one of them is working on a door. Once they get the door open they all reel back as Revan just stands in the clearing. One of the younger jedi charge Revan who remains unmoved until last second when she merely dodges and he tumbles to the floor blah blah blah fight ensues and she wipes the floor with multiple jedi in no time to demonstrate Revan's threat level. During the fight the mask could be damaged (not in a way to make Revan look incompetent though) and Revan could take it off afterwards for the reveal.

Blazius Post # 158 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 03:49
BTW just a small taste about Revans badassness:

The armor was designed to allow both male or female Revans so Revan can be a female Summer too. You'd say Bastila would be an ideal choice too but she fell into the eyecandy category too much I think to be Summer.

I love his/her stance BTW and that he/she casually chokes the officer to death just before battle. Revan'd make for a very strong character I think.

Quote (FordStaff)
How about a cold open with a Jedi boarding party infiltrating Revan's ship. Revan with mask on is told the situation by her second in command and without any response heads towards the problem. Return to the Jedi discussing their mission (could even have the younger ones have hands shaking) as one of them is working on a door. Once they get the door open they all reel back as Revan just stands in the clearing. One of the younger jedi charge Revan who remains unmoved until last second when she merely dodges and he tumbles to the floor blah blah blah fight ensues and she wipes the floor with multiple jedi in no time to demonstrate Revan's threat level. During the fight the mask could be damaged (not in a way to make Revan look incompetent though) and Revan could take it off afterwards for the reveal.

I suspect it'd be a similar but more badass version of the above cinematic. I pretty much envisioned the fight as you described it if not for that idiot Malaks intervention. Maybe it could be Bastila who damages the mask?

LOl, imagine after Bastila says: "You cannot win Revan" Summer replies with a badass voice( like in the "Dice" Cape episode): " I wouldn't bet on it b**ch " or something like that biggrin

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 03:56

KrelleK Post # 159 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 03:50
by the way, I have only palyed KotoR once and won once, and I never got to visit the little station out Yavin´s way, and was wondering about something, i have heard from a friend that you can buy lots of good but expensive weapons, was wondering if also lightsaber crystals could be bought there, there is one particular stone i would like to try and have in a lightsaber, it is called a Corusca Gem(somehow they grow inside Yavin or Yavin like gasplanets) and was wondering if that could be bought there?

by the way can there be found crystals on all the planets, like is there a cave on Kashykk that i missed

FordStaff Post # 160 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 04:00
I suspect it'd be a similar but more badass version of the above cinematic. I pretty much envisioned the fight as you described it if not for that idiot Malaks intervention. Maybe it could be Bastila who damages the mask?

As long as they make more clear the fear of the Jedi who are confronting him, unlike in the cinematic you showed. Bastilla would not be one of them of course, but some other jedi could have hands shaking.

Blazius Post # 161 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 04:03
Quote (KrelleK)
by the way, I have only palyed KotoR once and won once, and I never got to visit the little station out Yavin´s way, and was wondering about something, i have heard from a friend that you can buy lots of good but expensive weapons, was wondering if also lightsaber crystals could be bought there, there is one particular stone i would like to try and have in a lightsaber, it is called a Corusca Gem(somehow they grow inside Yavin or Yavin like gasplanets) and was wondering if that could be bought there?

by the way can there be found crystals on all the planets, like is there a cave on Kashykk that i missed

Only Dantooine has a cave as far as I know.

TBH I didn't bother with Yavin too much myself so I don't remember. The game is still on my old machine through so I can fire it up and check an old save.

Blazius Post # 162 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 04:09
Quote (FordStaff)
As long as they make more clear the fear of the Jedi who are confronting him, unlike in the cinematic you showed. Bastilla would not be one of them of course, but some other jedi could have hands shaking.

I think partly the problem was that they had a limited game engine back then so it wasn't easy to simulate subtle sings of fear. But you are right that some Jedi could even snap and run towards Summer Revan then she'd just finish him off as if nothing happened.

In KOTOR 2 there are scenes like that with the main boss in the restored content.

BTW I'm not sure if the movie should be about the actual KOTOR story or a time when Revan was fully Sith, leading her armies against Mandalorians and later Jedies or even after KoTOR I dark side ending.

FordStaff Post # 163 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 04:09
LOl, imagine after Bastila says: "You cannot win Revan" Summer replies with a badass voice( like in the "Dice" Cape episode): " I wouldn't bet on it b**ch " or something like that biggrin

Silence could be very powerful in this situation too although not as funny. Once Bastilla confronts Revan a fight could ensue. When Bastilla damages Revan's mask Bastilla could giver her "you can't win Revan" line. Revan just slowly removes mask for the reveal and right when we are expecting a come back line Revan springs into action instead incapacitating Bastilla and taking out all the other Jedi accompanying her. Just as Revan comes to finish the job Malek's betrayal takes its effect.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 04:11

Blazius Post # 164 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 04:20
Quote (FordStaff)
Silence could be very powerful in this situation too although not as funny. Once Bastilla confronts Revan a fight could ensue. When Bastilla damages Revan's mask Bastilla could giver her "you can't win Revan" line. Revan just slowly removes mask for the reveal and right when we are expecting a come back line Revan springs into action instead incapacitating Bastilla and taking out all the other Jedi accompanying her. Just as Revan comes to finish the job Malek's betrayal takes its effect.

Yes, silence is what makes Revan badass in the cutscenes. I just thought about some kind of reply because I'd also like to use Summers acting to its full potential but maybe this scene is not the right place. I like the idea about the fighting. The Jedi died anyway and its far cooler if Revan kills then than a stupid explosion. I also like that Bastile gets beaten.

Again I'm not sure what to do with the story afterwards. Converting the game wouldn't make Summer's character too Jedi?

BTW this face is DESTINED to be female Revan:

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 04:27

KrelleK Post # 165 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 04:28
Quote (FordStaff)

show of fear, would that not seem to indicate that they have send in padawans along with one or more knight against Revan(which would be a slaughter of innocent young padawans), would they rather send in a group of full knights or perhaps one/master then they are to "dance" with Revan, but maybe one could mention he/she had run into Revan during the mandalorian wars(if perhaps the jedi finally decided go in after Revan had pretty much dragged them in anyway) out that Revan had once saved his/her life during combat(before she fell), and then it turns out they all have had similar experiences with her(except bastilla maybe) and are sorry that they have to do this to one of there own, perhaps a former friend? that they air there displeasure of Revan forcing them to do this, and perhaps air there respect and perhaps fear of her skills with a lightsaber

Message edited by KrelleK - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 04:31

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
Search: