menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
KrelleK Post # 136 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:14
Group: Friends
Quote (Blazius)
Quote (KrelleK)
I was on the Dark Side already but that revelation pissed me off really. I already thought that Revan was cool in the intros in that cool armor and his cool, speechless badass behaviour while Malak was only whining about how the order will punish them. But that made me want to avenge what was done to him! The most satisfying moments were when I chopped the half of my party members then I saw that little rat Vandar blown up by MY almighty Sith armada then with my hot apprentice Bastila I set off to conquer the Republic. The most satisfying ending for a video game ever. In KOTOR 2 I chopped that arrogant Vrook too and my revenge was complete!

BTW I agree that making evil choices were actually very hard to make in many cases( the game had good writing). I just couldn't let the poor woman down on Tatooine for example. In KOTOR 2 its even harder IMO. Even if I do an evil playthrough I can't sell a child to slavery for example. I rather chop down the captors.

I agree that the truth was pretty obvious from the beginning. The whole "Carth don't trust you " thing was stinking from the start and then you got even more clue.

BTW I didn't understand something. Why teach Revan to be a Jedi again and risk him fall again or his power to return? Wouldn't that be more safe to let Bastila do the fighting and using Revan only to show the way?

And I just couldn't let Rosh live after being so annoying and betraying me on the top of that too.

BTW I don't know how Revan would respond if the council told him. Its player dependent I guess, like my Revan would go rogue but yours would have understood it.

I am not saying the player would understand it, but if they had told him/her on dantoine well there would not be a whole lot ones person could do about it at the time, but it is not so likely either at that point in time that one dark lord of the sith(Malak) could be destroyed but only to have a new and possibly way more dangerous rise of the first ones ashes.(Revan)

by the way when i played it, as a good guy,,, erhh girl, I actually in those last moments then Malak is still alive I actually ended up appologising for leading him into the temptation of the dark side, biggrin and maybe turned him again(in a similar way as luke did with his father) biggrin

Message edited by KrelleK - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 02:15

Blazius Post # 137 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:17
Quote (FordStaff)
Summer could be Revan in a KOTOR movie, not that it would ever happen.

I agree! That'd be very awesome! And you aren't the first who mention it, KOTORs story is one of the strongest SW stuff since the movies according to many fans.

Quote (FordStaff)
The Canon Revan is female isn't she? I know they give higher quality and quantity of dialogue for the female Revan characters at least in the first KOTOR. I thought I remember reading in an article the creators admit that the female Revan is the preferred choice.

Revan from KOTOR I is a Jedi male according to the canon and the Jedi Exile from KOTOR II is a female Jedi. Not that canon matters that much with these games.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Blazius Post # 138 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:25
Quote (KrelleK)
I am not saying the player would understand it, but if they had told him/her on dantoine well there would not be a whole lot ones person could do about it at the time, but it is not so likely either at that point in time that one dark lord of the sith(Malak) could be destroyed but only to have a new and possibly way more dangerous rise of the first ones ashes.(Revan)

I say player because you shape his personality through dialogue choices through the whole game. Even when Malak told him the secret you could decide if he gets angered to Bastila or understands it.

Quote (KrelleK)
by the way when i played it, as a good guy,,, erhh girl, I actually in those last moments then Malak is still alive I actually ended up appologising for leading him into the temptation of the dark side, and maybe turned him again(in a similar way as luke did with his father)

There are different, equally cool outcomes in this game, thats why I like it. It can end either with the total victory or total defeat of the Republic.

You may enjoy redeem Malak in the end while you could also tell him that he was an idiot for turning against his real master.

KrelleK Post # 139 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:26
Quote (Blazius)
Do you remember the girl from the Sith academy who liked to bully your character? I think she was actually a spoiled princess type of Sith. Also Aleema Keto from Tales of the Jedi is a noble woman too who became Sith out of boredom I think. Its not a very explored Sith character so I'd definitely like this idea. Also the ancient Sith were ruled over their empire as kings. Maybe she could be a daughter of an ancient Sith ruler who survived somehow and wants to conquer the galaxy herself.

Yeah exactly that bullying girl, was what I was thinkng off - a real princess type biggrin

Quote (Blazius)
Yes, and the Sith could use her anger against her captors and maybe her first act could be later when she gets a bit training is to kill and torture her masters. Thats actually enough for anybody to fall to the Dark Side.

Which teacher? The old guy from the Yode like hut from Kashyyyk?

No I meant the fallen one on the Academy on korriban the one that tries talk you into destroying the leader of the Academy. i think she was a twilek.

he has a funny cutscene(the jedi-guy from kashyyk) then you shall try to escape from the ship, but I think the Cut Scene with Mission Vayo´s is the funniest(did you kill her) :-( just kinda like that char very funny.

FordStaff Post # 140 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:28

Revan from KOTOR I is a Jedi male according to the canon and the Jedi Exile from KOTOR II is a female Jedi. Not that canon matters that much with these games.

Now I am very confused, It thought you were Revan in both games wacko . I was pretty young when I played the games so my memory must be failing me.

I agree! That'd be very awesome! And you aren't the first who mention it, KOTORs story is one of the strongest SW stuff since the movies according to many fans.

Definitely. I would support a movie based on KOTOR over any other star wars based movie. The only problem is that we would know what is gonna happen already, but surely they would change it up to throw us off balance. If Summer was Revan in such a movie it would be one of the most completely awesome things to ever happen ever any time. NO ONE would ever be able to dethrone her as Science Fiction Queen after that even if she retired immediately. All this Star Wars talk and I just really want to see Summer with a light-saber now.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

KrelleK Post # 141 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:30
Quote (FordStaff)
I already thought that Revan was cool in the intros in that cool armor and his cool,

The Canon Revan is female isn't she? I know they give higher quality and quantity of dialogue for the female Revan characters at least in the first KOTOR. I thought I remember reading in an article the creators admit that the female Revan is the preferred choice.

Summer could be Revan in a KOTOR movie, not that it would ever happen.

I would love to see Summer Play Revan the Prodigal Knight as Master Vandar says :-)

but I am not which gender the original Revan is supposed to be

KrelleK Post # 142 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:33
Quote (FordStaff)

Now I am very confused, It thought you were Revan in both games . I was pretty young when I played the games so my memory must be failing me.

Definitely. I would support a movie based on KOTOR over any other star wars based movie. The only problem is that we would know what is gonna happen already, but surely they would change it up to throw us off balance. If Summer was Revan in such a movie it would be one of the most completely awesome things to ever happen ever any time. NO ONE would ever be able to dethrone her as Science Fiction Queen after that even if she retired immediately. All this Star Wars talk and I just really want to see Summer with a light-saber now.

You are not alone in that, I asure you I would love too see it too

Blazius Post # 143 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:35
Quote (KrelleK)
No I meant the fallen one on the Academy on korriban the one that tries talk you into destroying the leader of the Academy. i think she was a twilek.

The twilek? She was an escaped slave turned Sith too so that'd be a good template indeed. Many Twilek girl are slaves BTW. Their homeworld is relatively poor so I think they sell many of their female childs to make a living( it sucks I know)

Quote (KrelleK)
he has a funny cutscene(the jedi-guy from kashyyk) then you shall try to escape from the ship, but I think the Cut Scene with Mission Vayo´s is the funniest(did you kill her) :-( just kinda like that char very funny.

Yeah they were funny( the guy had hilarious stories for example) but I had to kill both in the end unfortunately( I told them they can serve me but do they listen?)

I actually mind tricked her Wookie friend to tear her apart despite the Wookies own will. My Revan is really cruel you know...

FordStaff Post # 144 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:39
I actually mind tricked her Wookie friend to tear her apart despite the Wookies own will. My Revan is really cruel you know...

I could never make the evil choices in KOTOR. They make you a complete monster, unlike in the Mass Effect Paragon
Renegade scale. I had no problem punching reporters in the face, but that does not mean I am going to torture them and eat her new puppy.

Chris Post # 145 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:40
Quote (KrelleK)
I would love to see Summer Play Revan the Prodigal Knight as Master Vandar says :-)

but I am not which gender the original Revan is supposed to be

I believe in the game Revan could have been either gender based on your choice of character but in the sequel game i think they said Revan was male. Summer would make an awesome Sith or Jedi she already has the moves and can pull off the acting required but I think having her as a bad ass Sith fighting a group of Jedi's similar to the Palpatine fight when they came to arrest him only more then 1 Jedi could actually fight would be awesome to see or a fight against a similar matched oppenent although i would prefer to see Summer win the fight as the Sith doesnt mean she has to kill her opponent maybe she turns the Jedi and spares their life. Join the darkside.... they have milk and cookies

Blazius Post # 146 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:43
Quote (FordStaff)

I couldn't agree with you more ! The most badass, fantastic, uber Sith character ever played by Summer? You couldn't do better sci-fi than that, really! Somehow we must make that happen. Maybe we should start a comic project on our own smile ?

Quote (FordStaff)
Now I am very confused, It thought you were Revan in both games . I was pretty young when I played the games so my memory must be failing me.

Actually in KOTOR II you play as a veteran of the Mandalorian wars who was a general under Revan. The game is as much about the Mandalorian wars too as about the current crisis( maybe even more about the past). I'd recommend playing KOTOR II too BTW. It is very cool too. And its actually one of the darkest SW story ever written.

FordStaff Post # 147 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:44
similar to the Palpatine fight when they came to arrest him only more then 1 Jedi could actually fight

LOL, those were terrible jedi. I suppose we can chalk it up to Palpatine mind raping them with the force or something because they were almost as incompetent as Darth Maul once Obi Wan jumped over him.

Summer could top any of the jedi fights in the movies by a mile if they match the quality of her fight scenes in Serenity.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 02:46

Blazius Post # 148 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 02:48
Quote (Chris)
I believe in the game Revan could have been either gender based on your choice of character but in the sequel game i think they said Revan was male. Summer would make an awesome Sith or Jedi she already has the moves and can pull off the acting required but I think having her as a bad ass Sith fighting a group of Jedi's similar to the Palpatine fight when they came to arrest him only more then 1 Jedi could actually fight would be awesome to see or a fight against a similar matched oppenent although i would prefer to see Summer win the fight as the Sith doesnt mean she has to kill her opponent maybe she turns the Jedi and spares their life. Join the darkside.... they have milk and cookies

In Kotor II you could set the things by answering the "test" questions which Atton asks and if he says something wrong from your perspective you can correct it and the game will remember it.

I agree that a fight would be badass with her style. The moves were done with River already she'd only need to do that again.

And Dark Side rulez indeed tongue

Quote (FordStaff)
I could never make the evil choices in KOTOR. They make you a complete monster, unlike in the Mass Effect Paragon
Renegade scale. I had no problem punching reporters in the face, but that does not mean I am going to torture them and eat her new puppy.

This shows too that how much better KOTOR is than Mass Effect. Seriously there wasn't a really hard choice in Mass Effect other than maybe the Rachni Queen one.

BTW do you remember the Dantooine farmer conflict with that Shakespeare like twist? It was so funny making them kill each other and then when Vandar asked about it I lied in his face smile . Oh the memories...

KOTOR 2 still had choices which made KOTOR I's evil choices look like simple bullying.

Quote (FordStaff)
Summer could top any of the jedi fights in the movies by a mile if they match the quality of her fight scenes in Serenity.

One thing Lucas could never understand is that you don't need flashy CGI or super jumps or anything to make a sword fight better. Fans like me even loved the fencing style duels form the original trilogy. But if you make it so epic and beautiful as the River fighting which Summer did alone that'd be even more epic and far better than even the ones from the OT.

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 03:02

FordStaff Post # 149 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 03:04
This shows too that how much better KOTOR is than Mass Effect. Seriously there wasn't a really hard choice in Mass Effect other than maybe the Rachni Queen one.

Well the choices are suppose to be different between KOTOR and Mass Effect.

You are not suppose to ever make evil decisions in Mass Effect only cynical ones (well sometimes you are just an asshole, but usually they deserve it). The choice is not good or evil it is optimism or cynicism, so if your a cynic like me the choices are not hard. But even I had difficulty sacrificing the counsel on my Renegade run.

KOTOR is great, but so is Mass Effect. Mass Effect is very hard Science Fiction compared to most space opera science fiction games and that is the appeal I like.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 03:05

Blazius Post # 150 | Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011 - 03:14
Quote (FordStaff)
You are not suppose to ever make evil decisions in Mass Effect only cynical ones (well sometimes you are just an asshole, but usually they deserve it). The choice is not good or evil it is optimism or cynicism, so if your a cynic like me the choices are not hard. But even I had difficulty sacrificing the counsel on my Renegade run.

Yes but ME was a bit too linear to my taste for an RPG. Don't get me wrong I had a blast with it and I liked the sci-fi theme too but KOTOR is just KOTOR you know. Maybe its only nostalgia through.

BTW I tried to make a Summer character in ME but it doesn't seem really like her. But I named her Bennett Shepard and she turned out to be a pretty badass chick so I was happy( I envisioned some scenes as if Summer did them). She waits for ME3 now to kick the Reapers ass finally biggrin

I can't really model so I couldn't mod her into the KOTORs sad

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 09 Nov 2011, 03:15

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » What would be the best role/genre for Summer?
Search: