[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 212»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Website Information
Website Information
FermiDate: Friday, 29 Oct 2010, 16:08 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
The rules can be found here: http://www.summer-glau.com/forum/0-0-0-36

Users will be divided into groups:

• Close Friends can make blog entries, upload pictures into fanart gallery, edit pages, post in forum, post news, comment on news, fanart and blogs, read the moderator forums.
  • Writers can edit pages, post in forum, comment on news, fanart and blogs.
  • Artists can upload pictures into fanart gallery, post in forum, comment on news, fanart and blogs.
  • Bloggers can make blog entries, post in forum, comment on news, fanart and blogs.
  • Friends can post in forum, comment on news, fanart and blogs.
  • Users can post in forum, comment on news, fanart and blogs, security code required.
  • Guest can comment on news, fanart and blogs security code required.

Also there are two sections on this site where everyone including guests can ask a question or leave a comment.

When joining one becomes users, one need to apply for the other permissions on site, of course people I know should not be needed to solve a security code.
If you want to create new pages or move pages ask an admin. This site is using a visual html editor that is very easy to use. I've photo application in the fanart gallery, but dont upload a large amount of high res we have a disc space limit.

I have uploaded the entire Summer Glau Wiki photo gallery on a free host http://fermi.my3gb.com/photos/
The problem is that this host have been flagged as abusive on all major social networking sites. I've applied for free gallery hosting on a couple of free fan site hosts and we will continue searching till we find one.

Ucoz will give us more disc space as the fansite grows (it depend on activity how old the site is and the traffic to the site)

If something does not work as it should report it to me or Charley Dixon so we can fix it.

also check this thread for more information http://www.summer-glau.com/forum/2-4-1

You can't stop the signal!

FermiDate: Saturday, 30 Oct 2010, 14:21 | Message # 2
we have two chat rooms http://summer-glau.com/index/fan_chat/0-193?lArcuO
The link on top menu goes to my mibbit widget, or viewers club . I'm planning to have viewing clubs for the new the cape episodes.

Futurezone chat room you can use when you feel like

FermiDate: Sunday, 31 Oct 2010, 22:32 | Message # 3
Quote (Fermi)
I have uploaded the entire Summer Glau Wiki photo gallery on a free host http://fermi.my3gb.com/photos/
The problem is that this host have been flagged as abusive on all major social networking sites. I've applied for free gallery hosting on a couple of free fan site hosts and we will continue searching till we find one.

We will be switching to a well respected host for the gallery in a couple of days. http://fanfusion.org/

FermiDate: Tuesday, 02 Nov 2010, 16:16 | Message # 4
our new gallery is up take a look http://photos.summer-glau.com/

FermiDate: Friday, 26 Nov 2010, 18:29 | Message # 5
Now all friends and above can submit scoop to the main news blog. All news are pre-moderated before appearing on the site. Only submit relevant news. A new scoop might not appear if we think that it is not important news. All news need a source link to original article. Admins can make changes to the post.

FermiDate: Sunday, 19 Dec 2010, 19:26 | Message # 6
I've change the permission for some users because they made many contributions and have been showing an interest in this awesome site

• Close Friends can make blog entries, upload pictures into fanart gallery, edit pages, post in forum, post news, comment on news, fanart and blogs, read the moderator forums.

You are not required to use those features to keep that permission. Report if any features does not work

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 20 Dec 2010, 00:40 | Message # 7
I have seen my permission change indeed, but i'm afraid there is a gap between what i'm allowed to do and what i'm capable to do.
Even if i'm not as technically deficient as Summer, i'm not comfortable with all the editing options.
I'll do my best though and thank you for puting your thrust in me.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Charley_DixonDate: Monday, 20 Dec 2010, 04:10 | Message # 8
Quote (michelangelo)
Even if i'm not as technically deficient as Summer, i'm not comfortable with all the editing options.

Unfortunately unlike wiki this site does not keep history of page changes, but don't worry: I've set up daily backups. So if you screw something up PM me and I'll restore that page [probably]. Of course I can restore a page only as it was at the moment of last daily backup. Most recent changes may be lost.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

FermiDate: Sunday, 06 Nov 2011, 18:02 | Message # 9
Editing options for pages has been removed for close friend group. If someone want to edit pages contact me. We have a writer user group.
Here is the current user settings:

• Close Friends Can post in forum, edit their own posts, use html, and bbcode, attach files to posts, comment on news, fanart and blogs. Post entries in the summer glau fan blog (premod)
  • Friends Can post in forum, edit their own posts, use html, and bbcode, comment on news, fanart and blogs. Post entries in the summer glau fan blog (premod and bbcode only)
  • Users Can post in forum, comment on news, fanart and blogs, security code required.
  • Guest Can comment on news and blogs security code required.

FermiDate: Monday, 09 Jan 2012, 23:00 | Message # 10
We are always interested in new content, if you have content and want it submitted to the gallery
if not using this thread: http://summer-glau.com/forum/23-227-1
You need to talk directly to the Site Admin about it by pm or by Email: summerglauwiki@gmail.com

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 31 Aug 2015, 15:09 | Message # 11
I'm pleased to announce that Cindy is joining the Admin/Mod team.

Read more: Welcome New Staff Member!

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 12 Feb 2016, 23:26 | Message # 12
I receive regularly emails from marketers offering to purchase advertising space or to add 3rd party content. Not interested, we're just a fan site.

AdmiratorDate: Thursday, 16 Jun 2016, 07:14 | Message # 13
Group: Friends
Yes a fansite indeed is not free and i say that, having some inner knowledge, since i work in the Information Technology industry too. But there is more. All this countless time and thought invested and managerial stuff that need to be done, when making a fansite is tremendous. And in our case the glory for all these, goes to the trinity of Fermi, Charley_Dixon and chrisdvanne (i have them in registration date order). Chrisdvanne furthermore, seems to be the “soul” of the site, being present virtually always, keeping communication with both the outside world and within the site, without forgetting to contribute more than anyone to the content of the site. All these are a big commitment! There are some users/friends of this site too, that they were here almost since the beginning and each of them contributes in his own way constantly, to the contents of the site and keepsing us informed (talking about our GB friends mainly smile ). The rest of us, including me, we are like “comets “, more or less, just expressing some of our love to Summer. But the real work, the real commitment is done by these i just spoke for. Kudos to them i say. They may not feel easy, with me saying all these, but what has to be said, it must be said. I am sure Summer feels proud for having such good fans and friends smile .

To the Sweetest Terminator in the Verse..., Summtris (game), Twitter

Message edited by Admirator - Thursday, 16 Jun 2016, 12:05

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 25 Oct 2016, 16:06 | Message # 14
FYI, we have a new profile picture for our Twitter and Facebook accounts. Hope you all like it smile

new social media accounts profile picture

RanveersinghDate: Wednesday, 26 Oct 2016, 06:10 | Message # 15
Group: Users
Great blog here with all of the valuable information you have. Keep up the good work you are doing here.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Website Information
Page 1 of 212»
Search: