MCM Belfast Comic Con
June 24-25, 2017

MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

San Francisco Comic Con
September 1-3, 2017

Summer Glau at MCM Hannover Comic Con
By chrisdvanne

18 Things you didn’t know about Firefly.
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Voice Acting in 'Firefly Online' roleplaying game
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Awesome Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Fan video-based Firefly / Serenity (mostly - River Tam )
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Planet Comicon Kansas City 2017
By chrisdvanne

How to dress like Cameron in TSCC?
By chrisdvanne

New comments

chrisdvanne on: Summer looks in high spirits as she chats with fans and signs autographs at MCM Hannover Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: First Images of Summer from MCM Hannover Comic Con

Jannik on: First Images of Summer from MCM Hannover Comic Con

Admirator on: First Images of Summer from MCM Hannover Comic Con

Martin John on: First Images of Summer from MCM Hannover Comic Con

Nick on: Summer joins San Francisco Comic Con

Martin John on: Summer joins San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Convention stories : Planet Comicon 2017

New videos

00:02:01

00:02:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Terminator Genisys (Spoiler)
Terminator Genisys (Spoiler)
Did you like the movie?
Date: Saturday, 2015 Jun 27, 16:42 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

The movie is really going far deep into the rabbithole. John Connor is not really the big hero that he was destined to be. Terminators can not adopt human behaviors not even after living with them for 44 years, but they will get old.

The movie had several similarities with tscc. In the pilot Sarah, John and Cameron time travels from 1999 to 2007 and end up on a freeway.
In Genisys Kyle and Sarah time travels from 1984 to 2017 and end up on a freeway. Arnold also share a similar scen as Cameron from S1E2 where she crashes into the front window of a car.

Emilia Clarke makes a good Sarah Connor, I am not sure about the rest of the cast. I did not have any high expectations on the movie so I am not disappointed.

Please vote and discuss the movie in this thread.

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Sunday, 2015 Jun 28, 06:30 GMT | Message # 2

Site Admin

Thank you for thinking of asking fans about the movie!

We have been watching the genesis of ...Genisys since Terminator 5 and 6 have been announced (justin Lin was supposed to direct the movie at the time) in a dedicated thread in this forum: Terminator 5 and 6

Terminator Genisys will be released in France in July 1st and I will watch it in theater, of course.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Sunday, 2015 Jun 28, 10:11 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

Quote chrisdvanne ()
Terminator Genisys will be released in France in July 1st and I will watch it in theater, of course.

I already seen the movie. I did not realize that it was released early where I live when starting the thread.
The stuff online and the trailer reveals a lot about the plot.

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Saturday, 2015 Jul 04, 00:07 GMT | Message # 4

Site Admin

I get a lot of messages from fans on Twitter mentioning the references to TSCC in Genisys. Judging by what they say, there's too many uncanny similarities to make this just a coincidence.
Is it copying or tribute, hard to say. Maybe Genisys writers mentioned in an article they loved TSCC, which would explain everything.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Saturday, 2015 Jul 04, 03:51 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

Quote chrisdvanne ()
get a lot of messages from fans on Twitter mentioning the references to TSCC in Genisys. Judging by what they say, there's too many uncanny similarities to make this just a coincidence.

Looks like you have not seen the movie by the time you wrote this. I'd say TSCC references are essential for the movie. smile

By the way I enjoyed the movie. I did not expect anything even close to the level of T1 and T2, so I just relaxed and had fun. Hopefully we'll get something serious after James Cameron and Josh Friedman finish with Avatar. Meanwhile I would rather have fun watching Genisys and it's sequels than simply spend years waiting.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Date: Tuesday, 2015 Aug 18, 15:19 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

I tweeted Skydance asking if their female writer, Laeta Kalogridis, could put some of her writing expertise in to creating a relationship between Kyle & Sarah for the benefit of the female audiences and of course many males, like myself.
I know they read it, because they clicked on 'favourited'.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Terminator Genisys (Spoiler)
Page 1 of 11
Search: