Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Ottawa Comiccon 2014
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By robbo

New comments

KevinInEngland on: Fan made TSCC season 3 trailer

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Roboter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

robbo on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

The1Russter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Charley_Dixon on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Fermi on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Admirator on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Lovely shot of Summer and Val's wedding by Joan Allen

New videos

00:44:18

00:03:44

00:04:51

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 3 of 3«123
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Should Summer Glau Go Blonde on Arrow? (Should Summer match the look of the comic book character)
Should Summer Glau Go Blonde on Arrow?
Should Summer Glau Go Blonde on Arrow?
Date: Monday, 2013 Jul 15, 18:10 GMT | Message # 31

Friends

Quote (dylangillian)
ah i get it, in that case you should probably wait for the DVD/bluray release (i believe arrow season 1 is already released but i might be wrong).

I will get the bluray thanks to chris for the heads up..

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Jul 16, 12:35 GMT | Message # 32

Site Admin

This poll was created purely for the entertainment of passionate fans like you and me but Arrow's writers should follow their own idea, of course.

On a related topic, I invite you to read an article that deals with the explosion of social media and online fan participation and how it affects the writing of popular TV shows.

TV Showrunners vs. TV Fans: Who's really in charge?, by lisa.

Actress Leven Rambin and showrunner Josh Friedman on set of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles
Actress Leven Rambin and showrunner Josh Friedman on set of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Jul 16, 22:26 GMT | Message # 33

Friends

Chris.. I bet you did not pick this pic because of Josh Friedman...right? biggrin tongue

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Jul 16, 23:09 GMT | Message # 34

Site Admin

Quote (Fox012)
Chris.. I bet you did not pick this pic because of Josh Friedman...right?

I'm not going to lie to you, you're probably the person who knows me best on a personal level wink

And it's not my fault if Leven Rambin walks on set wearing next to nothing.

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jul 17, 10:04 GMT | Message # 35

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Quote (Cegorach)Frankly I am more wondering about Russian accent because Mrs. Glau has a talent for accents in general, spoke Russian pretty well in TSCC and is always willing to go one more step to make her characters believable.
I hope the writers will come up with a backstory for Isabel Rochev that doesn't imply she has a Russian accent; because I want to hear the voice of the real Summer Glau and not some kind of over-the-top character. Having a strong accent might fit for a scene or an episode but I have the feeling that it could potentially dampen her global performance on the show.

And you spoiled my next poll, btw
You are welcome. :P

Yep, the accent can ruin the part, but if added infrequently and in some subtle way it should give something unique for the character. And I really hope it is not the British accent. Overused. Too often for sure.

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jul 17, 11:44 GMT | Message # 36

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
I'm not going to lie to you, you're probably the person who knows me best on a personal level wink

And it's not my fault if Leven Rambin walks on set wearing next to nothing.

True... I do :P and yes it's not your fault hehe

that Picture needs some captions.. :P

Message edited by Fox012 - Wednesday, 2013 Jul 17, 11:45

Date: Wednesday, 2013 Jul 17, 14:40 GMT | Message # 37

Friends

As The1Russter noticed, they didn't do it for Oliver Queen character, who is quite different from the comic book character; Stephen Amell is much darker haired than the comic book character, wears a hood instead of a cap (?), doesn't wear a mask (only dark makeup around the eyes) and doesn't have a small goat. See image below:

Similarly, the storyline in Arrow doesn't follow completely the comic book canons.

I am really happy they didn't put him the "mask", cause it kinda looks retarded, the green "smoked" eyes are much better looking and they actually can have a logical purpose, 1 of which is to protect the eyes from additional light/reflections around themselves allowing him to aim more accurately for example. It ties pretty well with the fact he was in the wild on the island and (I didn't  actually knew that Amelly's uncle was Jacob from LOST btw) and when in the wild it would be appropriate to use whatever you can use in the there to add to your survival chances including green stuff to rub around your eyes n healing powder that tastes like "ashtray". It might not sound like putting dark paint around your eyes would do anything, but after I've watched few documentaries that tested that (1 being mythbusters I think) I saw that it works, which is kinda cool because it seems that the producers and/or writers actually put attention to atleast some small details which promises some potential for more interesting plots n stuff. biggrin

On the Summers hair color, I'd be happy if they make her a nice blond color, although I prefer brunettes and Summer as one, I think it will help to show her in a different light and every little bit helps, I am not one of those guys that thinks that look is everything, but I pay a big credit to it and I think that look is almost everything (at times at least). I am sure that Summer will do great in the role with whatever hair color(including pink and green xP) but if they pick a proper for Summer color I think it really can be beneficial for her in making a distinctive and unique character.  As the eyes are the window to the soul, every other aspect like hair (color), make up/no make up etc. can help to reflect or hide / mask a characteristic of a given character's mentality and entity. 

And last but maybe not least, I am really happy that the show is following the comics storyline some what, trying to draw as much as possible from it and in the same time adding to it, trying to make it better or enhance it a little. It kind of remind me of W.I.T.C.H. and the animated series. I know this example is far from a classic comic books like marvel or dc but anyways my point is about the transition from a given comic book to tv, so in W.I.T.C.H.'s case I've first watched the animated series, and after it got canceled -_- as it happens with anything I've considered decent so far I started reading the comic books and I've noticed that the books were different from the animation. The comics felt a bit darker compared to the series and felt closer to the day-to-day life, the tv series felt like an enhanced version of the storyline and made the comic books feel like if you were reading the storyboard to the series or something (at least how it felt for me). 

The reason I am mentioning this is, eventho I haven't actually read any of the Green Arrow, so far the differences I've seen or read about give me the hint for a similar scenario. If thats the case I can say I'll be happy because we can see even a better story than the one that already is in the comics and it opens endless possibilities for the plot of the show.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Jul 18, 15:51 GMT | Message # 38

Site Admin

Quote (The1Russter)
Lets hope they give Isabel Rochev character a story line with a future, even if she departs after her season 2 story arc.

It will depends on the impact of Summer Glau on the ratings and the way her character will be perceived by Arrow fans.

Summer Glau is in the same situation as Leven Rambin in TSCC season two, a new character who is a potential love interest for the male lead, which means she's a threat for the other shippers (this is why I tried to reassure them in my latest Blog post: Why Summer Glau will probably enter Oliver's love life and why Olicity and Lauriver shippers should not be afraid.)

It could go either way for Summer's character. Future will tell.

Date: Friday, 2013 Jul 19, 00:11 GMT | Message # 39

Friends

Eitherway it seems it will be fun! Which is why this whole thing feels so great. smile

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Should Summer Glau Go Blonde on Arrow? (Should Summer match the look of the comic book character)
Page 3 of 3«123
Search: