Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Sarah & Cameron in TSCC - I Was Made For Loving You - video
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Rose City Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

What was the best Cameron fighting scene in TSCC?
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Dallas Comic Con 2014
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: The Serenity cast hopes to make a trilogy in unearthed 2004 video interviews

chrisdvanne on: The Serenity cast hopes to make a trilogy in unearthed 2004 video interviews

chrisdvanne on: River Tam figure in the next Firefly Loot Crate!

chrisdvanne on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

William on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

resurgance2001 on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

dmitriy on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

Eric Hammers on: Have a question for Summer? Here's your chance to ask it!

New videos

00:05:50

00:05:42

00:01:20

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 3123»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Should Summer Glau Go Blonde on Arrow? (Should Summer match the look of the comic book character)
Should Summer Glau Go Blonde on Arrow?
Date: Friday, 2013 Jul 12, 17:21 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

In Arrow season two, Summer Glau will play Isabel Rochev, born in Siberia.
The comic-book incarnation of Isabel Rochev is blond. Does that mean that Summer Glau should go blonde to match the look of the comic book character? Take the poll and feel free to comment below.

You can choose several answers if you like.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Friday, 2013 Jul 12, 17:40 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

i don't think arrow has too stick to the comics; and i think summer should just keep her original hairstyle, but summer always looks gorgeous, so we'll see

knowledge is power.

Date: Friday, 2013 Jul 12, 18:04 GMT | Message # 3

Writer

Why should they make Summer go blond for Arrow? They didn't do it for Oliver Queen character. If it comes down to it, some golden highlights in Summer's hair, as she's had in the past, would be more than adequate for her role on Arrow.

Let me just add, I can't wait to see season 2 of Arrow. I just hope they don't kill off Summer's character like they did with the Merlin's, father and son. If they didn't have Oliver blab his secret identity to Tommy, you could see him picking up his father's mantel at some point down the road. They had no choice but to kill off both characters. Lets hope they give Isabel Rochev character a story line with a future, even if she departs after her season 2 story arc.

Take Back the Future! Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Date: Friday, 2013 Jul 12, 18:44 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

Blonde? This could be interesting in its own way, but I prefer brunette Summer. It is her natural color and it fits best to her. Makers may not follow comics verbatim. But I have no doubt that she would be lovely as a blonde too.

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

Date: Friday, 2013 Jul 12, 23:26 GMT | Message # 5

Friends

chris, what do you think? you created this poll, but you didn't say what you think they should do.

knowledge is power.

Message edited by dylangillian - Friday, 2013 Jul 12, 23:27

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jul 13, 00:31 GMT | Message # 6

Site Admin

Quote (dylangillian)
chris, what do you think? you created this poll, but you didn't say what you think they should do.

I didn't comment on purpose because I don't want to give the feeling I influence the answer in any way.

My answers were 1) and 5)
While I would not mind, I don't think that the show will turn Summer Glau into a blonde (or they would have hired a true blonde).

As The1Russter noticed, they didn't do it for Oliver Queen character, who is quite different from the comic book character; Stephen Amell is much darker haired than the comic book character, wears a hood instead of a cap (?), doesn't wear a mask (only dark makeup around the eyes) and doesn't have a small goat. See image below:

Stephen Amell as Green Arrow and the original comic book character

Similarly, the storyline in Arrow doesn't follow completely the comic book canons.

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jul 13, 01:48 GMT | Message # 7

Friends

Summer is always beautiful, blonde or brown, it doesn't change. But I do think that seeing Summer Glau with blonde hair would be very different and very interesting to see. Golden hair, that sounds not bad :-)

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jul 13, 03:02 GMT | Message # 8

Friends

as i answered five, not really concerned what colour hair summer glau will have in arrow, i dont think the show producers are all that concerned, with their being so many actresses with blonde hair that they could have approached for the show, obviously they have looked at the talented and exceptional skills that summer glau, has to offer for the viewers and improve arrow beyond recognition, for further seasons and beyond,

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jul 13, 06:57 GMT | Message # 9

Friends

I wondered about it myself yesterday after watching first episodes of Arrow and consider myself ninja'd Chris.

I voted five. Mainly because with Green Arrow they didn't go for it either and the show isn't exactly following every detail of the comic series or DC universe.

Also it is not about personal taste because I don't consider her beautiful (yeah... kill the heretic wink ) - quite pretty covers my opinion rather well.

Honestly I wouldn't mind if they go for blonde, though that seems unnecessary unless they really want play on the 'cold beauty', 'ice queen' idea. Going for blonde just for the sake of it is not required and might even work against the character.
Of course with the Game of Thrones turning everybody blonde... but in that series the colour of the hair has an important meaning, unlike in the Arrow.

Frankly I am more wondering about Russian accent because Mrs. Glau has a talent for accents in general, spoke Russian pretty well in TSCC and is always willing to go one more step to make her characters believable.

Unless they, as usual, take the route you are a villian = you speak British accent.
Far too many of those, besides Russians make great bad guys and this statement has nothing to do with me being Polish. I believe the line was used in a comic book I've read years ago.

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jul 13, 07:56 GMT | Message # 10

Site Admin

Quote (robbo)
as i answered five, not really concerned what colour hair summer glau will have in arrow, i dont think the show producers are all that concerned, with their being so many actresses with blonde hair that they could have approached for the show, obviously they have looked at the talented and exceptional skills that summer glau, has to offer for the viewers and improve arrow beyond recognition, for further seasons and beyond,

While I'm sure they have hired Summer Glau for her geek cred and hopefully also for her acting skills, the choice of the hair color for a character is very important, ask any showrunner. It's a little bit different in Arrow since some of the characters are based on existing comic book characters, even if we've seen that the writers don't follow verbatim the comics.

At least Katie Cassidy - Dinah Laurel Lance in Arrow - think her hair color is important; she tweeted this today:

Katie Cassidy wonders if her character Laural Lance will go blond in Arrow
Katie Cassidy wonders if her character Laurel Lance will go blond in Arrow.

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jul 13, 12:11 GMT | Message # 11

Friends

Quote (Cegorach)
Frankly I am more wondering about Russian accent

i'm wondering about that too, at one point i hope she does use a russian accent, but i also think she shouldn't, so again we'll see.

knowledge is power.

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jul 13, 21:15 GMT | Message # 12

Friends

that face looks familiar but I cant recall from where...

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jul 13, 21:22 GMT | Message # 13

Friends

Quote (Fox012)
that face looks familiar but I cant recall from where...
you mean Katie Cassidy? she's Dinah Laurel Lance (felicity) in arrow.

knowledge is power.

Message edited by dylangillian - Saturday, 2013 Jul 13, 21:23

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jul 13, 21:42 GMT | Message # 14

Friends

Yes I mean the Pic Chris posted... I don't watch arrow (yet) but her face still is familiar might have seen her somewhere else...

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Date: Saturday, 2013 Jul 13, 22:08 GMT | Message # 15

Friends

Quote (Fox012)
Yes I mean the Pic Chris posted... I don't watch arrow (yet)

well i started watching arrow yesterday, and i'm at episode 17 now. it's a great show.

knowledge is power.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Should Summer Glau Go Blonde on Arrow? (Should Summer match the look of the comic book character)
Page 1 of 3123»
Search: