To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By Admirator

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 212»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » obsessed with Summer
obsessed with Summer
Date: Wednesday, 2012 May 16, 11:04 GMT | Message # 1

Friends

i don't know if there is a topic of this already, so please feel free to move my post if there is.

post about how much you like her, if you obsess about her or whatever else that is on your mind as a Summer fan.

i have been thinking of Summer pretty much every day since i met her at Supanova in Melbourne on the 14th and 15th of April this year.
i can't stop. i have feelings i've never had before. i think that i'm in love with her. my feelings go beyond being a fan. is it lust or a fan boy crush? i literally think about her all day long.
does anyone else have feelings like this?
now i realize that she most likely has a boyfriend or possibly even a fiance but these feelings i have are pure and real. and i have never had them before.
could somebody shed some light on the situation because my heart is aching and i don't know what to do.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Wednesday, 2012 May 16, 14:26

Date: Wednesday, 2012 May 16, 12:02 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

I think it is a courageous to write such personal feelings and I guess there may be some people who have the same about Summer.

Personaly, i don't have these feelings. Even if I find Summer very attractive and beautiful, I am more interested by her artistic work. It is maybe because I am a musician that I find her way of work especially interesting. As I have written it in the thread Summer and dance, I was deeply impressed by her way of acting, which is a kind of dance. And of course, there is a strong link between "musical acting" and the "music of body" that Summer has as a gift. But there is nothing personal.

Now about what REG wrote :
Again, it must have been a little hard to express your feelings. But there is a difference between being a fan and being "obsessed". Of course, there is one between simply watch Summer and having met her to a Fan Con. or a like-event. To meet in reality, even for a short while such a person must be something unforgettable. That's understandable ! smile

The question is : can we control these feelings as people who don't (and won't) have the same life, who aren't living in the same place ? Without doing a deep psychological and sociological analysis of the reasons we sometimes need to have in mind persons we consider as a symbol of perfection (it can be in sport, art, politics, whatever) or models, I think this kind of pheonomenas always have existed. We live in a kind of a world in which people would like to be freed of, to have dreams (that's the ground Sci-Fi and fantasy are especially popular nowadays), and there are people who are kinds of symbols of a different world, thanks to their gifts, beauty or something else.

But the point is that there is a kind of "red line" : on one hand, there are the feelings, the way of liking someone's gifts, on the other hand the behaviour we have (yes, I am a fan of cognitive psychology!!!!). Sometimes, there are risks, for example harrassment, and unfortunately, medias are sometimes involved for this state of mind (but that's another story....). It means that the positive feeling to be fan of someone can transform into something which cause a real distress and deviant behaviour.

To Reg : I don't know if there is a way of helping about such feelings, I think it may decrease or change with time.... On the psychological level, such thoughts may be considered as "intrusive thoughts", a kind of what is called "Obsessive-compulsive disorder" (OCD). There are many people who suffer from this (I personally did). If you think this intrusive thoughts are making your life actually more difficult, there are means for this.

But to go further, contact me by PM and we can discuss about this more precisely.

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Date: Wednesday, 2012 May 16, 14:37 GMT | Message # 3

Friends

Quote (Thierry)
Again, it must have been a little hard to express your feelings.

yes it was hard to post that. i had to tell someone and get it out of my system. i know a forum isn't the best place to do it. but the people on here are understanding and i trust them.

i do like Summer's art, her acting, dancing, etc. but when i met her, feelings arose that i haven't had before. i thought about the "red line" as you put it. i would never harrass her or do anything to offend her. i respect her more than i can say in words.

i have suffered from OCD in the past. i know what it's like and this is not that. i can control my feelings, but i just feel like i don't know how to even say it. but i feel like i want more than to just be a fan.
i won't say anymore on the forum because i feel it is too personal what i want to say from here on out.

Date: Saturday, 2012 Jun 02, 03:06 GMT | Message # 4

Friends

Here's what a friend of mine told me a couple days after Comicon:

"I think meeting her in person has made you that much more obsessed with her."

I have a big crush on her. She does have a boyfriend in real life (no word on if he's a "fiance" though), I think his name's Daniel.

That kinda keeps me in check. What does comfort me is I met her in real life, got to speak with her a few times, she complimented my artwork, and who knows, maybe in the future we'll work together on a project.

I think just knowing her and being friends with her in real life, would be just as good as being romantically involved with her.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

Date: Saturday, 2012 Jun 02, 04:57 GMT | Message # 5

Friends

Is it weird that I'm a married female with a girl crush on Summer smile

Date: Sunday, 2012 Jul 01, 11:32 GMT | Message # 6

Friends

i just read this article, Dancer in a Daydream: An Interview With Summer Glau here's an excerpt about how i also had and still do have a little bit of trouble like Summer did/does.

Also, as a teenager, I was very isolated and confused and, I think, very sad and had a hard time expressing myself to others or relating to others.

Date: Sunday, 2012 Jul 01, 11:35 GMT | Message # 7

Friends

I have to read this.... thx for the info REG.

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Date: Sunday, 2012 Jul 01, 17:18 GMT | Message # 8

Writer

Quote (REG)
i just read this article, Dancer in a Daydream: An Interview With Summer Glau here's an excerpt about how i also had and still do have a little bit of trouble like Summer did/does.

Also, as a teenager, I was very isolated and confused and, I think, very sad and had a hard time expressing myself to others or relating to others.

I hadn't seen that article before. Fantastic interview. The interviewer asked some really good questions and Summer was very articulate in answering them. Definitely an interview I'll be saving.

Take Back the Future! Save Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Date: Sunday, 2012 Jul 01, 18:06 GMT | Message # 9

Friends

I guess her role as "Beautiful Dateless Student" in the movie "Sleepover" wasn't totally out of the realm of possibility for her.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

Date: Sunday, 2012 Jul 01, 20:14 GMT | Message # 10

Bloggers

Quote (Kali)
Is it weird that I'm a married female with a girl crush on Summer smile

No, not at all. I think Summer just starts out as potential best friend material with anyone who comes across her.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Date: Sunday, 2012 Jul 01, 20:15 GMT | Message # 11

Friends

I could talk about her for day's w/o mentioning her name I know of nothing that is more Beautiful & Precious as it comes to Summer she has the grace and purity others don't have and that's just a Few Reasons why I admire her!

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Date: Sunday, 2012 Jul 01, 20:36 GMT | Message # 12

Bloggers

Quote (REG)
Quote (Thierry)
Again, it must have been a little hard to express your feelings.

yes it was hard to post that. i had to tell someone and get it out of my system. i know a forum isn't the best place to do it. but the people on here are understanding and i trust them.

i do like Summer's art, her acting, dancing, etc. but when i met her, feelings arose that i haven't had before. i thought about the "red line" as you put it. i would never harrass her or do anything to offend her. i respect her more than i can say in words.

i have suffered from OCD in the past. i know what it's like and this is not that. i can control my feelings, but i just feel like i don't know how to even say it. but i feel like i want more than to just be a fan.
i won't say anymore on the forum because i feel it is too personal what i want to say from here on out.

Reg: I don't mean to pry into your personal affairs. I will only add that I believe your reaction to Summer Glau is the same, to varying degrees, for just about everyone on this forum and on other forums devoted to her work. My own intro to Summer's work was the figurative equivalent of whiplash. And everyone has the capacity to fall deeply in love. It is only human. If we did not have it, we would not be human. Relationships are essential for us human types and they meet a fundamental need. If we have one strong relationship, it is kind of like developing a greater capacity to have another strong relationship. I think that, borrowing from another thread, one of the great things about being a fan is that it offers us an opportunity to build relationships and feel passionate, in a good way, about things that matter, including the work that other people do such as that of Summer Glau.

Having said this though, I have not met Summer in person. It sounds like you were fairly cool, calm, and collected when you met her and that is what she will most likely remember should you meet her again. I think that most of us fall into the category of best friends she hasn't met yet as one film critic described it (from an interview on YouTube with Sean Maher and Summer - Chuck the Movie Guy?).

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Date: Sunday, 2012 Jul 01, 23:52 GMT | Message # 13

Site Admin

Quote (Alex)
It sounds like you were fairly cool, calm, and collected when you met her and that is what she will most likely remember should you meet her again. I think that most of us fall into the category of best friends she hasn't met yet as one film critic described it (from an interview on YouTube with Sean Maher and Summer - Chuck the Movie Guy?).

I like very much the fact that REG and a few others members of fans can express fanboyish feeling sometimes (in this forum or on Twitter for example) but everytime one of those "obessed fans" met Summer at a convention, the pictures and comment they share with us shows that they have the utmost respect for Summer.
Some want to make us believe that Summer should be afraid of her fans but i think they're wrong.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Monday, 2012 Jul 02, 12:48 GMT | Message # 14

Friends

Quote (REG)
does anyone else have feelings like this?

All.

Date: Tuesday, 2012 Jul 03, 08:28 GMT | Message # 15

Friends

I know those feelings. I was lucky enough to met her at Emerald City Comic-Con. It was short but i'll never forget that day. I just have to think about her and I feel happy. I fully admit that i'm a fanboy and nothing will ever change that. I have had horrible days and I've taught myself to bottle those up and bury it. But when I watch Summer's work it helps me move on and bring back some joy. I feel like I owe her a debt that can never be repaid and that she deserves so much better than any support I can offer. However, I am glad that she takes time out of her day and visits her fans. No offense to Seattle but the joke is that it's mostly known for rain and not much else. When I heard that she was coming to Seattle of all places, I was very happy. I will always be a loyal fanboy and I hope to meet her again one day.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » obsessed with Summer
Page 1 of 212»
Search: