To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 9 of 10«1278910»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Summer Glau vs. Aliens (Summer Glau: perfect star for an Aliens movie)
Summer Glau vs. Aliens
Date: Friday, 2012 Nov 23, 02:35 GMT | Message # 121

Friends

Those of you who don't know, Joss Whedon, the man who discovered our beloved Summer wrote Alien Resurrection. Not the best one, but better then Alien3 (HATE that movie). Anywho, in the movie there are a group of mercenaries from a ship called the Betty and that crew, is actually a prototype crew of awesome Serenity crew. If you compare the characters they are very similar to each other. Now I'm a tad rusty at Firefly, I was a T:SCC fan. Allow me to compare:

Captain Elgyn like Captain Mal.

Christie, I know this guy is a guy but he just reminded me of Zoe because he's 2nd in command and a badass.

Vriess like Wash, of course Wash is better looking.

Sabra like Inara because she's Elgyn's girlfriend

This one's a given, Johnner is like Jayne, because, well they're both big and jerks.

This one was hard because she doesn't really fit with the others, which makes me think River, but
and Summer is WAY prettier.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Date: Friday, 2012 Nov 23, 02:48 GMT | Message # 122

Friends

IMDB

It says right here, near the bottom.

"Joss Whedon has commented on his dissatisfaction with the movie. Fans had speculated that the finished article deviated from his original script in some fatal manner, however he put such rumors to rest. His dialogue, action and plot were essentially intact. However he had written with a playful, tongue-in-cheek tone, which didn't work when the director decided to "play it straight". Eventually the Betty and her crew became the prototypes for Whedon's Firefly, which captured the tone he had aimed for in this movie."

Message edited by Hicks - Friday, 2012 Nov 23, 02:49

Date: Friday, 2012 Nov 23, 03:24 GMT | Message # 123

Friends

Chris, the last picture, as you know, was a cyborg too. She was treated bad in the manner that is comparable to racial prejudice. I thought she was nice, like Summer (Winona Ryder). I rather liked that film and had no idea Joss Whedon wrote it. Well well well, what do you know!
His series Dollhouse grew on me and as you probably know the lead character, Eliza Dushku, also directed it, which excuses any critics who said that it portrayed and excused human slavery and prostitution to some extent.

Date: Friday, 2012 Nov 23, 04:59 GMT | Message # 124

Friends

Betty Crew

Serenity Crew

Date: Friday, 2012 Nov 23, 16:17 GMT | Message # 125

Friends

Nice one Hicks. It's noticeable that the photographer had the forethought and appreciation of flower arranging in the Betty shot to place the smaller items near the front and make everybody appear more equal.
In the Serenity shot, Summer looks quite small standing to the side like a little daisy. It seems they wanted to make the ship's captain look bigger than everybody else by standing him further forward and slightly blotting out the female cast.

Date: Sunday, 2012 Dec 02, 08:27 GMT | Message # 126

Friends

Look what I found. We all know who he is and I want him in my Aliens movies.

Thomas Dekker meets Alien

Maybe this is a sign.

Date: Monday, 2012 Dec 03, 09:56 GMT | Message # 127

Friends

what the? where is that at?

Quote (Hicks)
IMDB

It says right here, near the bottom.

"Joss Whedon has commented on his dissatisfaction with the movie. Fans had speculated that the finished article deviated from his original script in some fatal manner, however he put such rumors to rest. His dialogue, action and plot were essentially intact. However he had written with a playful, tongue-in-cheek tone, which didn't work when the director decided to "play it straight". Eventually the Betty and her crew became the prototypes for Whedon's Firefly, which captured the tone he had aimed for in this movie."

very interesting. i never knew that. thinking about it, it makes sense though.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Monday, 2012 Dec 03, 09:59

Date: Sunday, 2013 May 19, 07:56 GMT | Message # 128

Site Admin

Sylvester Stallone is looking for the new Sigourney Weaver.

Take a look at this message.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Jul 23, 22:13 GMT | Message # 129

Friends

If anyone wants to see more of my posters, I started a DeviantArt account.

Here's the link to my gallery:
http://weylandyutanicorp.deviantart.com/gallery/

So if you want to see them, just go here cause I'm constantly updating my posters.

Date: Monday, 2013 Aug 12, 10:07 GMT | Message # 130

Friends

Great plans! As I understand, it will be like the TSCC, which ignores T3 and T4. Since I prefer movies of 1970-1990 period, I appreciate first of
movies about Aliens (J. Cameron Aliens is one of my most favorite movies),
hate Alien 3, and take up a neutral position to Jeunet/Whedon movie.
Also I share the sympathy of some of the listed actors, for example Lance Henriksen and Michael Biehn. Well, good luck!

PS: Sorry for my English. smile

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Aug 13, 06:38 GMT | Message # 131

Friends

Thanks Frank.

Date: Thursday, 2013 Aug 22, 17:50 GMT | Message # 132

Friends

I've never even thought about that, it's mind blowing tho.
(And btw I hate A3 so purely that it is on par with my most hated piece of $#@$ in history that some dweeb decided to call movies)
(And 2nd btw: tho he is a guy, the Zoe prototype also has a female name like her in addition to his other characteristics in similarity between them. xD)

Other wise I've been thinking about Summer being landed a role as a 2nd generation Alien ass kicking Ripley for forever now. TBH Aliens is not my favorite movie series, this would be great opportunity for Summer both as an actress and personally for her as a sci-fi fan girl, (tho they are related) I would prefer to see Summer kicking some Predator arse instead. cool
So far Summer has had no problems with fitting in Arnold's shoes and has been doing a great job in the process. So why not a female Dutch killing neon electric green blooded ugly $#@%@$#&@$#@% with more intelligent approach in the expense of lack of raw power. If you've watched the original predator movie, you've probably noticed that Arnold didn't beat the massive alien without the help of some pre-planed contraptions and tactics. So the fact that Summer is a tight thin pretty girl doesn't stand in the way when it comes to killing stuff, In fact it can be really really interesting to watch, if done right, which is not a very common thing lately. Just imagine Summer in a distant isolated research facility in a south american tropical jungle while playing a deadly game of hide, seek and destroy while the surroundings gets demolished by the hunt between the humans ans the aliens. While on the topic why not bring more than 1 predator on the scene, honestly hasn't done so far, atleast not in that way. tongue

But speaking of Summer Glau and the Predator I can't not mention this guy, who I am sure that none of you here won't have no trouble recognizing:

A personal side note favorite about P2 is that in it is a Farscape cast member aswell. biggrin

But anyways it's great having Jane in a predator movie(and he got to live too, something that Gary Busey can't brag about his character... ), so if we ever get another aliens movie( which will surely happen) it will be nice to have Summer in there aswell, that way we have 2 FF's to seal-wrap a great sci-fi series between them. wink

But with Expendables being a big hit, tho they have a lot more to offer than they actually do are still a worthy shot. Just think about Adam Baldwin and Summer Glau kicking ass side by side in there, this is a thing I've only dreamed of seeing in Firefly. I've actually developed a mini-concept about it in my head about a sci-fi firefly verse rip-off about originally 2 mercenaries/outsiders main characters. A total Jane copy tho less of an idiot and with a bit of manners, well more or less that is and his female team/mate tongue a slightly less unstable Serenity Summer Glau, - the psych stuff maybe, I imagined it as a physical gun slinging duo who just try to get the most of their lives and just survive together. Kinda like part of Animal Mother meets Jayne Cobb and sort of a more "lively" and fragile (than) Cameron Summer, sorta like more mentally stable River with double the firearms knowledge/xp that Jayne ever had. biggrin
Sorta ends more like John Crichton & Aeryn Sun from Farscape in a way, but still very different from all of the rest characters in general.

If I knew how to write a script..... tongue

Date: Friday, 2013 Aug 23, 09:15 GMT | Message # 133

Friends

Well I was always an Aliens fan, I love Predator, but I love Aliens more. And I felt that Summer Glau was perfect for the Newt character, maybe it's her experience playing River, a traumatized character. Her reaction would probably be, "I think I'm being typecast." lol.

Course I planned a Predator story involving a supporting female I pictured for Eliza Dushku, the irony being that she worked with Whedon and Schwarzenegger. Course supporting, because Predator is more of a male oriented series. One time I pitched a female oriented Predator story, with a fem-Predator might I add. But I was met with negative criticism because again, Predator is mostly a masculine, testosterone franchise.

That's why I thought Summer would be more suiting for Aliens then Predator, especially since Aliens basically started the strong female character, and in sci-fi no less.

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Feb 18, 23:22 GMT | Message # 134

Friends

These are some fan trailers I made of my stories starring Summer Glau as Rebecca "Newt" Jordan and Michael Biehn as Dwayne Hicks, along with former TSCC actors as well.

Watch, enjoy, like.

Aliens Unleashed Teaser Trailer

Aliens Unleashed Trailer

Aliens Apocalypse Teaser Trailer

Aliens Apocalypse Trailer

Aliens Vengeance Teaser

Aliens Vengeance Trailer

That's all of them. Enjoy.

Message edited by Hicks - Monday, 2014 Feb 24, 19:57

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Feb 19, 21:01 GMT | Message # 135

Friends

Also, all those who want to see the rest of my fan art and the actual stories I made the posters for, check it out on my deviantart page. It's all things Aliens and Summer Glau.

My Deviantart Page

Enjoy.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Summer Glau vs. Aliens (Summer Glau: perfect star for an Aliens movie)
Page 9 of 10«1278910»
Search: