menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Summer Glau vs. Aliens (Summer Glau: perfect star for an Aliens movie)
Summer Glau vs. Aliens
HicksDate: Monday, 07 May 2012, 15:07 | Message # 46
Group: Friends
Okay guys, I just heard from my film teacher that I am, how he says, "treading on thin ice." So I'm going to reframe saying anything else about my Aliens films.

All you need to know is, the Aliens, Newt, and Hicks are back, and I want Summer Glau to play Newt. That's all I'm gonna say. Nothing more.

But you are free to comment and say what a great idea I have. I'm kidding, but it would be nice.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

BlaziusDate: Monday, 07 May 2012, 17:48 | Message # 47
Quote (Hicks)
I can't even think of a role Summer could play in the Avengers, and I consider her for every movie I think of.

Black Widow? IMO Summer looks more like a Russian than the Johanson chick. Also Summer can do Russian accent really well, while I'm not sure Johanson can do even that( I haven't seen the other Marvel crap either TBH)

A sniper rifle would sure look far better in Summer hands too.

Quote (Hicks)
Most of the key roles have already been taken by actors from the previous Marvel movies, except Hulk. He can't just replace them with his cast.

I don't believe that every single role has been filled. Summer would be helped even with somebody secondary too IMO. And I wouldn't bet on that if Whedon gets something he can decide the cast in he'd cast Summer in it. Cabin in the Woods only has Kranz and Acker for example.

Quote (Hicks)
Unfortunately, after the release of Alien3, Newt and Hicks were killed off so they rewrote the books with different names, Newt became Billie and Hicks became Wilks. Yet somehow they had another Ripley.

Now I remember. I actually read the novelization of those comics. For some odd reason it got released as Alien 4 here( or its just my memory, its been nearly a decade since I read it).

I'm talking about this BTW

I enjoyed this book very much so I'd recommend it to every Alien junkie.

And yes, it was very apparent that "Billie" is actually Newt from just about every flashback and dialogue about her past.

Though I'm concerned that if she is going to be a Summer character, the nudity angle should be cut down a bit since Summer isn't a fan of those.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

HicksDate: Monday, 07 May 2012, 18:01 | Message # 48
BTW, I haven't seen Avengers yet so no spoilers.

But again, Scarlett Johanson already played Black Widow in Iron Man 2, they couldn't just replace her unless she dropped out or they didn't think she was right for the role. Which is why they replaced Rodey in Iron Man 2.

Yes, Nightmare Asylum, the reprint and novelization title of Mark Verhieden's Aliens Vol. 2.

Of course not, I wrote no nude scenes for Newt (Summer) in Unleashed or Vengeance. Even if I did, I'd probably write them out to fit her conditions, like how in Sin City how Jessica Alba was suppose to be nude throughout the whole movie but she refused and they changed it for her.

BlaziusDate: Monday, 07 May 2012, 18:24 | Message # 49
Quote (Hicks)
BTW, I haven't seen Avengers yet so no spoilers.

I haven't seen it either and I don't plan it either. I have too many problems with it, I'd probably get angry through the whole thing. Not just because of Summer of course, I also have problems with Nick Fury and a number of other things in it. I also got totally bored of Iron Man 2( among the few Marvel movies I attempted) and I don't think this movie will be any better.

Quote (Hicks)
But again, Scarlett Johanson already played Black Widow in Iron Man 2, they couldn't just replace her unless she dropped out or they didn't think she was right for the role. Which is why they replaced Rodey in Iron Man 2.

Personally I couldn't care less if she was replaced with anybody else. I was so indifferent to her character and to Johanson herself that I don't even remember what she did in the movie. Thats my greatest problem with modern blockbusters. The cast absolutely lacks characteristic, memorable characters.They are just shallow copies of each other in all movies. It wasn't like this before. See the Alien movies themselves. Aliens had characters who you remember even now.
It isn't strictly the actors fault of course. The writers themselves forgot how to write as it seems. They fear to take any risks with being innovative.

Quote (Hicks)
Of course not, I wrote no nude scenes for Newt (Summer) in Unleashed or Vengeance. Even if I did, I'd probably write them out to fit her conditions, like how in Sin City how Jessica Alba was suppose to be nude throughout the whole movie but she refused and they changed it for her.

Good. I'm just saying because Asylum was very heavy on that aspect and since you got an inspiration from those stories I wasn't sure where you stand with that.

But I'm glad to hear she won't be nude for half the movie like she was in the book.

HicksDate: Monday, 07 May 2012, 18:45 | Message # 50
Quote (Blazius)
I haven't seen it either and I don't plan it either.

Okay, okay. But I really wanna see Avengers. I loved Iron Man, loved Incredible Hulk, liked Iron Man 2, liked Thor but not very much just because he wasn't my favorite, and loved Captain America. Avengers is getting good reviews and ratings. It's Marvel, it's got Iron Man, Hulk, Captain America, and Thor in climatic battles. So I can't wait!

Quote (Blazius)
Good. I'm just saying because Asylum was very heavy on that aspect and since you got an inspiration from those stories I wasn't sure where you stand with that.

There are only 2 things I took from those books. The idea of Newt all grown up along with Hicks and the space walk scene. These two stories mine and the books are nothing alike, I made sure of that.

The worst thing close to a nude scene is when she awakens from hypersleep and you know how they dress in hypersleep, somewhat undergarments so it's not bad.

Of course, I did actually write a post-apocalyptic Aliens script based on Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, aka Outbreak and Nightmare Asylum.

The idea was Newt and Hicks, and Ripley after some rewrites, being trapped on Earth after the Aliens take it over and they try to escape and meet a crazy colonel who is trying to tame the Aliens. But it just didn't seem right for an Aliens movie and my dad didn't like it, I even changed it to a 2nd Earth called Eden. But again it just didn't seem right, so I rejected whole the script all together.

Message edited by Hicks - Monday, 07 May 2012, 18:46

HicksDate: Monday, 07 May 2012, 19:01 | Message # 51
Wait, wait? Nightmare Asylum had nude scenes? I read the comic I don't remember that.

BlaziusDate: Monday, 07 May 2012, 19:13 | Message # 52
Quote (Hicks)
and the space walk scene.

I enjoyed that scene in the book and it'd certainly make for a great movie scene IMO.

Quote (Hicks)
The worst thing close to a nude scene is when she awakens from hypersleep and you know how they dress in hypersleep, somewhat undergarments so it's not bad.

Really? Well in the book there were sweating nude bodies, attempted rape, long description about Billies hard nipples as she walks naked in a corridor seducing guards etc. I guess graphical sex is worse than written sex so I guess in the book they could go more wild with it.

Quote (Hicks)
The idea was Newt and Hicks, and Ripley after some rewrites, being trapped on Earth after the Aliens take it over and they try to escape and meet a crazy colonel who is trying to tame the Aliens. But it just didn't seem right for an Aliens movie and my dad didn't like it, I even changed it to a 2nd Earth called Eden. But again it just didn't seem right, so I rejected whole the script all together.

IDK I personally found Earth overrun by Xenos a bit fascinating concept but I guess you know better what works and what isn't so its fine with me.

Also, there was another book involving a girl who became accepted into a Predator clan and became a quite badass Predator amazon. IMO that'd be a very nice final evolution for Summer Newt. Just think about Summer stalking her prey cloaked with a wristblade and then taking their skull as a trophy.

Here is a cover illustrating the character:

[img]http://i2.listal.com/image/459838/600full-aliens-vs-predator%3A-war-cover.jpg[/img]

(Sorry, it doesn't want to show it so follow the link)

HicksDate: Monday, 07 May 2012, 19:38 | Message # 53
Quote (Blazius)
I enjoyed that scene in the book and it'd certainly make for a great movie scene IMO.

Yeah and I made it awesome. I made it silent, like they fire guns but no sound, they only sounds you hear are the characters speaking on radio and breathing. Though I wish could've used the part where they put an Alien in a rocket booster. That'd be cool.

No I wasn't talking about the book I was talking about what I put in my script, that the worst we see is Newt in undergarments but it's not even that, what's the word, again picture the characters in the movies coming out of hypersleep. But yeah same thing applies to the comic books, the worst we saw was Newt/Billie wearing undergarments.

Quote (Blazius)
Really? Well in the book there were sweating nude bodies, attempted rape, long description about Billies hard nipples as she walks naked in a corridor seducing guards etc. I guess graphical sex is worse than written sex so I guess in the book they could go more wild with it.

But damn, what you described, well that shows you what they do with adaptations. Let's get off this subject. Point is, Summer will be fine with this because there are no nude scenes in my scripts.

Quote (Blazius)
IDK I personally found Earth overrun by Xenos a bit fascinating concept but I guess you know better what works and what isn't so its fine with me.

I don't know if I know better, I just don't know if I like post-apocalypticness and Aliens in the same movie, again my dad didn't like it and I respected his opinion.

Quote (Blazius)
Also, there was another book involving a girl who became accepted into a Predator clan and became a quite badass Predator amazon. IMO that'd be a very nice final evolution for Summer Newt. Just think about Summer stalking her prey cloaked with a wristblade and then taking their skull as a trophy.

That would be awesome, in fact, the first script I ever considered Summer Glau for was the lead for an AVP3. First script I ever wrote. I was going to give Summer the role of a new character I named Ever Anderson (don't make fun), a badass chick who kicks Alien ass and is accepted into the Predator pack. But I abandoned it because it was SUPER long and nobody wanted an AVP3.

That's when I pursued Aliens instead and gave Summer the role of Newt.

Then I revisited the script and rewrote it, I mean MAJOR rewrites, the two stories are nothing alike now. I realized no one wants an AVP3 so I made it a straight-up reboot, they wanted Marines, more fighting, no speeding up or changing the life cycle, and most of all, and I mean most of all, no human Predator team-up.

But I had already given Summer the role of Newt, I couldn't cast her again, so I gave the role of Ever Anderson to Harper's Island star Elaine Cassidy (again don't make fun).

HicksDate: Monday, 07 May 2012, 21:41 | Message # 54
I really wanna propose this idea to an Aliens fan site, but I'm worried about running into die hard Alien3 fans. That's a road I don't wanna go down again.

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 08 May 2012, 02:46 | Message # 55
Quote (Hicks)
I was going to give Summer the role of a new character I named Ever Anderson (don't make fun), a badass chick who kicks Alien ass and is accepted into the Predator pack. But I abandoned it because it was SUPER long and nobody wanted an AVP3.

Lol, don't flame me but IMO this idea would have been the absolute dream role for Summer. Just think about it, all the character drama and hardships till the point of acceptance then realizing that becoming a hunter especially for a human makes her previous adventures look like as a walk in the park. Sorry, but I don't know anybody else who could play this role aside from Summer. IMO you should write it as the ultimate conclusion for Summer Newt.

Besides who said that AVP is bad? IMO the concept is more badass than anything these two franchises could give individually. Thats another question that Hollywood fucked up the whole thing with two mediocre movies but me and my Alien loving buddies( there are quite a few actually, I can't even name a person who didn't love the AVP crossover concept in my vicinity) were introduced to quite good AVP materials over the years and we love the concept.

Or if you are into video games rather than books then playing AVP 2( has nothing to do with lame Requiem) is a must. Seriously if somebody made a movie out of that then we'd have a nigh perfect AVP movie.

Quote (Hicks)
But I had already given Summer the role of Newt, I couldn't cast her again, so I gave the role of Ever Anderson to Harper's Island star Elaine Cassidy (again don't make fun).

Nope. I seriously recommend that you make Summer into the Predator woman one way or another. Trust me, it'd only work that way.

Quote (Hicks)
But damn, what you described, well that shows you what they do with adaptations. Let's get off this subject. Point is, Summer will be fine with this because there are no nude scenes in my scripts.

Yeah it was quite bad. Actually I don't want to be prudish and pretend that all kind of erotic content is bad. After all even Summer was nude/topless( although it was never fully shown) in her career( but in all instances it made sense and was important for the story for some reason). The problem was that there was way too much material like that in the book than necessary and most importantly they served absolutely no purpose, didn't even make sense sometimes in the context.

For example if Newt had a love interest in the book and the author wrote a scene as they are making love and chose to be a bit naturalistic about it especially after a carefully developed relationship this scene would have been OK. If done right it could even give the relationship an extra impact.

But writing silly scenes about seducing guards and sweating in a cargo hold for long pages just so he can sell Newt/Billie as an Erotic Goddess Of Sex for some reason? Thats just wrong.

HicksDate: Tuesday, 08 May 2012, 04:28 | Message # 56
Quote (Blazius)
For example if Newt had a love interest in the book and the author wrote a scene as they are making love and chose to be a bit naturalistic about it especially after a carefully developed relationship this scene would have been OK. If done right it could even give the relationship an extra impact.

But writing silly scenes about seducing guards and sweating in a cargo hold for long pages just so he can sell Newt/Billie as an Erotic Goddess Of Sex for some reason? Thats just wrong.

Wasn't her love interest a droid? Buller or Butler was his name, I know it was one of those because one was the original name the other was the reprinted name. Wait, she didn't have a love interest? Damn I don't know what book you read but this doesn't sound like the same story at all.

But you are right, making her a whore just sounds wrong. No way in hell would I write Summer a role like that.

Quote (Blazius)
Besides who said that AVP is bad?

Are you kidding? Every person I've met says that AVP is the antichrist and the very idea is sacrilege. Well the movies anyway, even so people tell me that Alien vs. Predator must stay where it belongs, in non-canon spin-off videogames and books. No movies. In fact, I banished myself from an Prometheus fan site because I wrote a forum called "Can Aliens vs. Predator be done right and if so should it be canon or a non canon spin-off." You would not believe how much hate mail I got.

The only person who really mattered who liked AVP was James Cameron, he said and I quote "I was against the movie to begin with, until I saw it. And I liked it. I liked it a lot. Out of all 5 Alien movies (before AVPR), I think I'd rank it 3rd." But then you can find a youtube video of him after someone asking him if he would make an Alien 5 and save us from these "awful" Alien vs. Predator movies and he'd reply, "I feel obligated to that after what you just said because I think they really screwed up the series.

Quote (Blazius)
you should write it as the ultimate conclusion for Summer Newt.

I did, I wrote a conclusion in Vengeance, I was hoping that be the conclusion of the Newt, Ripley, and Hicks story line. They wanna continue after that go ahead, just keep their corruptive hack pens away from Newt.

Quote (Blazius)
Nope. I seriously recommend that you make Summer into the Predator woman one way or another. Trust me, it'd only work that way.

Well I hate to break it to you, but remember those rewrites I made to my script? Well one of them was taking out the human Predator team up because everyone thought that was ridiculous in the first movie.

Summer can either play Rebecca "Newt" Jordan or Ever Anderson aka Wynona Bishop Weyland (yes she's a Weyland of Weyland-Yutani) cause she can't play both. Plus AVP was just a fun project I never planned on pursuing, no one in hell would ever produce another AVP because it was an embarrassment (there words not mine), and I believed Summer would be better suited to play Newt.

And no, if I was serious about making an AVP movie, which I'm not I just did that story for fun, the last thing I'd do is make an AVP story with Newt, Hicks, Ripley, or all three fighting Predators as well as Aliens. By my standards, Newt, Hicks, and Ripley are restricted to Aliens and Aliens only, no Predators period. Plus, Sigourney Weaver hates the idea of AVP, there is no way in hell you'd get her in an AVP.

Gun to my head, if I had a choice between an Alien 3 reboot or an AVP reboot, I would pick Aliens all the way, not even think twice and no doubts. Aliens is a broken series that needs to be repaired, AVP was broken before it was even conceived.

I mean, one time I had a dream to be the first person to write/direct an Aliens, Predator, and Aliens vs. Predator movie. But it never happened, Predator could happen still, you'd like it I cast Eliza Dushku as the lead. Funny thing, she was gonna be the descendent of Dutch (Schwarzenegger) from Predator, and she played Schwarzenegger's daughter in True Lies. Funny huh. But anywho, AVP has no chance in hell.

Hell, if you want my Aliens vs. Predator script, you can have it, I could even give you the first draft to compare them if you want, because I abandoned AVP long ago and never looked back.

HicksDate: Thursday, 10 May 2012, 10:43 | Message # 57
To give you guys more information about Summer's character in my movies.

Now, I know that Summer has done this to death, but what's one more gonna hurt? But Summer's character Newt, as we all know survived a horrible nightmare ever since Aliens, Newt's been having horrible nightmares, she's been a little traumatized. She can't close her eyes without seeing those monsters.

She's trying to move on, put it behind her, hoping that maybe for once in her life she can be happy. When she finally thinks she finds it, the Aliens return, and all hell breaks loose, and the nightmares get worse then ever before. She's both dealing with the monsters in real life and in her own mind.

I even wrote a good scene where she relives Aliens, watching horrible things happen. Aliens breaking through the doors, chasing after her. Suddenly everything turns into a nest. She sees her mom as an Alien births from her chest. Suddenly Newt is surrounded by Aliens, she shuts her eyes screaming, "This isn't real! This isn't real! You're just in my head!" She opens her eyes and the Aliens are gone. She is relieved, when she turns around and an Alien grabs her. Just then she wakes up with Hicks waking her up.

So it's about facing her fears. I'm not gonna lie to you, she's scared, only Summer can make you feel how scared she is. In order to fight these monsters, she must face her fears and destroy them.

What do you think? Doesn't that have Summer written all over it?

Now, I haven't seen Firefly that much but I will watch it eventually. I need to study her performance and see if I can match River's personality with Newt's, but you know make her more sane.

HicksDate: Friday, 18 May 2012, 07:04 | Message # 58
I got bad news my friends.

See, I made extensive rewrites of both my Aliens scripts and I think they are for the best. But I just thought of something. My first script calls for Newt and Hicks, Newt will be played by our beloved Summer, while Hicks will be played by the badass Michael Biehn. The sequel would bring back Ripley and Bishop, played once again by Sigourney Weaver and Lance Henriksen. There's just one problem, I feel like it would take years for my movies to get made if they get made at all and by the time they will get made Weaver, Biehn, and Henriksen will either be too old or dead. Summer is still young so she can still play Newt, but the Aliens trio are pushing it. I feel like I have no choice but to rewrite the scripts and omit Weaver, Biehn, and Henriksen from the script, which would not only mess up my scripts making less as good but also break my heart.

But I feel like maybe it's for the best, I feel like the Ripley, Hicks, and Bishop characters are holding me back and I should focus on Newt and Newt alone and forget about the others. Pass the torch. But again I'd hate to make those changes especially after all those major changes I just made.

But I will tell you, no matter what changes I make, Newt will always be the main character and if Summer is up for it, she will always play Newt.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 18 May 2012, 09:50 | Message # 59
Group: Administrators
Either you can re-cast them or you find a solution without them indeed. Also this is a sci-fi movie we're talking about, changing the face of a charcarter should not be a problem (think about Cromartie in TSCC).

These kind of issues with aging actors have never been a problem in Hollywood, think about the Star Wars franchise (i reckon it was easier since they were supposed to be much younger).

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

HicksDate: Friday, 18 May 2012, 10:22 | Message # 60
I keep telling everyone this, you can't just replace actors like Sigourney Weaver as Ripley or Michael Biehn as Hicks. Okay, I admit Biehn can be recast but definitely not Weaver. Can you honestly see the Terminator character being played by someone other then Schwarzenegger, that's probably why a 101 Model (Schwarzenegger) never appeared in TSCC. The only reason they got away with replacing the cast in TSCC was because it was a TV show, which is acceptable and because both Linda Hamilton and Edward Furlong are too old and you're never gonna get them for a series.

Star Wars is different because we were talking about a younger Obi-Wan Kennobi, even if the original actor who played him was still alive he wouldn't be their main choice, same goes with the original cast.

But yeah I'm probably gonna have to cut them out no matter how much it hurts, you don't know how many great ideas I put in that script I don't wanna cut. But it might have to be done and it could be done right. For example, I heard that Terminator Salvation and Predators originally had Schwarzenegger in the cast but both were rewritten after he retired. I'm not saying they would've been better with him, but Predators was alright.

I'm pretty sure I can get Biehn for the role because he's the youngest of the trio and I'm pin-pals with his wife. But Weaver and Henriksen are a different story, Weaver still has ties to the original movies and Henriksen is 72. Even though Henriksen's the only other actor in the series who's gotten a lot roles in the Alien franchise, naming Alien3, Alien vs. Predator, Alien vs. Predator the game, and the upcoming game Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Summer Glau vs. Aliens (Summer Glau: perfect star for an Aliens movie)
Search: