To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 2 of 10«1234910»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Summer Glau vs. Aliens (Summer Glau: perfect star for an Aliens movie)
Summer Glau vs. Aliens
Date: Sunday, 2012 May 06, 01:37 GMT | Message # 16

Friends

Here's some more of our beloved Summer!

She looks good with an M41A Pulse Rifle, doesn't she? Makes her look hot.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Date: Sunday, 2012 May 06, 01:44 GMT | Message # 17

Friends

This one I REALLY overdid.

I just saw this TSCC poster and I really wanted to use it.

These are my last good ones, that's all of them, I've got others but they might not interest you cause they don't have Summer. Comment!

Date: Sunday, 2012 May 06, 08:10 GMT | Message # 18

Friends

Quote (Hicks)
This one is nice, I wanted to see Summer in one of those.

how did you do that, putting Summer into an exosuit? never mind, having a closer look i see that it's an action figure. very clever!
i like your posters. you have good photo manipulation skills. have you thought about working for a poster design company?

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Date: Sunday, 2012 May 06, 08:42 GMT | Message # 19

Friends

Thank you. Yeah that's actually a Ripley action figure. Just put Summer's head on it, worked like a charm. And I had to copy and paste the pipes of the suit to put in front of her face.

Thank you LivePix, it's an old photoshop program, they don't even make it anymore. It would be fun to work at a poster design company, but I'm not perfect. Plus I kinda overdo it, as you can plainly see. Like I tried making a poster like a specific Lord of the Rings: Two Towers, long story, but I messed up, didn't turn out the way I hoped. Worst one I ever did.

Stand corrected, worst poster I ever did was, get this, Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator. Just thinking about is so lame. That was during my, AVP phase.

Date: Sunday, 2012 May 06, 09:27 GMT | Message # 20

Friends

Quote (Hicks)
Thank you. Yeah that's actually a Ripley action figure. Just put Summer's head on it, worked like a charm. And I had to copy and paste the pipes of the suit to put in front of her face.

yea i figured as much. i am working on a River fan art for the Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013. my photoshop skills are a bit rusty so it will take me a while.

Date: Monday, 2012 May 07, 00:23 GMT | Message # 21

Friends

Quote (Hicks)
Hi, I'm new here. Let me start by saying that I am in love with Summer Glau, I fell in love with her when I saw Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, which was my favorite show before, you know. No I haven't seen Firefly but I plan to see it sometime.

I see others had the chance to greet so let me join. Welcome to the Wiki of Awesomeness! Hope you'll enjoy your stay!

Quote (Hicks)
Well, I wanna make an Aliens movie, that takes place after the 2nd Alien movie with Summer Glau playing the lead. Now you see, they made 6 Alien movies, Alien, Aliens, Alien3, Alien Resurrection, AVP: Alien vs. Predator, and AVPR: Aliens vs. Predator Requiem. Now, I wanna disregard everything after Aliens and make a movie that is a true continuation to the Alien and Aliens series.

Those of you who have seen Aliens know what I'm talking about, in Aliens there was a little girl named Rebecca "Newt" Jordan, she lived on a colony on another planet when her family was killed by the trademark alien monsters, Xenomorphs. But she was rescued by a group of Colonial Marines led by Cpl. Dwayne Hicks (Michael Biehn) and civilian Ellen Ripley (Sigourney Weaver), a survivor of an Alien encounter as well.

Anywho, even though Newt survived the 2nd movie, she, along with Hicks, died in the first five minutes of the 3rd, which I disregard.

So my story pretends that 3 never happened so I can bring the Newt character back as the new lead to the Aliens franchise. And here's the kicker, I want Summer Glau to play Newt as an adult.

Love this idea very much. IMO one of the worst choices in the history of movies was that they killed off Newt and Hicks in Alien 3. Let me tell you why. Those characters gave Aliens a much needed emotional impact to the movie, deepened it and most importantly gave us a break sometimes from the inhuman massacre and bloodbath angle.

IMO if you push the constant action without breaks for a full length movie you can easily achieve that those scenes become tedious after awhile. Newt and Ripleys interaction and mother-daughter moments broke the mold nicely and mixed up the movie in interesting ways. Also it gave us a reason to care more about the humans as who'd want to see a cute little girl ripped to shreds by Xenos?

Along with Bishop Aliens got a very awesome roster for whom you could root for and care about their fight. This made the movie more than one dimensional and at the same time made the Aliens more threatening as they were out to kill people you cared about and were quite good at it.

As of A3 they killed every worthwhile character you could care about minus Ripley, took away the chance for Newt style downtimes and introduced people who you not just didn't like but you literally cheered when the Runner killed one.

And A4 was just weird wacko

So yeah a new continuation would be superb IMO especially if you include Summer in it. Summer is very adept at portraying strong female characters especially if they are troubled with rough childhood( and Newts wasn't very nice), she'd be an ideal choice. And again this'd undo the terrible character wasting they did in A3.

BTW this Newt character you are describing is a bit similar to a character from an Alien novel Alien 4 I once read ( absolutely unrelated to the movie). There the protagonist was a woman who encountered with Xenos in her youth and got thrown into a mental asylum because she went insane from it. Then she got freed somehow( never read the previous books as I only read the 4th because a friend lended it to me) and in the book she is out to stop a military leader from unleashing hell by researching Xenos with her team. Of course there are flashback which explain her mental state and how the attack still haunts her so IMO she is a very similar concept. IMO the author has a similar idea and IMO she was originally going to be Newt herself too but probably after learning of A3 the author changed her name and background.

My only gripe is that Summer has to be blond if she is going to play Newt as IIRC she was a blond girl in Aliens.

BTW nice posters ! wink

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Date: Monday, 2012 May 07, 00:43 GMT | Message # 22

Friends

Thanks, thanks a lot.

Quote (Blazius)
(and Newts wasn't very nice)

What are you talking about? Newt was nice. The only thing she ever did that was mean was bite Hicks, but that's only because she was scared. (Fun fact: the actor who played Hicks, Michael Biehn in every James Cameron movie he is cast in he gets bitten on the hand. In Terminator he was bitten on the hand by Sarah Connor (Linda Hamilton), in Aliens he was bitten by Newt (Carrie Henn), and in The Abyss he was bitten by Bud (Ed Harris))

Quote (Blazius)
BTW this Newt character you are describing is a bit similar to a character from an Alien novel Alien 4 I once read ( absolutely unrelated to the movie). There the protagonist was a woman who encountered with Xenos in her youth and got thrown into a mental asylum because she went insane from it. Then she got freed somehow( never read the previous books as I only read the 4th because a friend lended it to me) and in the book she is out to stop a military leader from unleashing hell by researching Xenos with her team. Of course there are flashback which explain her mental state and how the attack still haunts her so IMO she is a very similar concept. IMO the author has a similar idea and IMO she was originally going to be Newt herself too but probably after learning of A3 the author changed her name and background.

Yeah I read those, I read the comic books, I've even got original copies of part 1 before they were rewritten, before Newt and Hicks were changed to Billie and Wilks. I am also trying to get the original copies of part 2 and 3. In fact, those books are what inspired me.

Quote (Blazius)
My only gripe is that Summer has to be blond if she is going to play Newt as IIRC she was a blond girl in Aliens.

Not necessarily, Newt was dirty blonde, I use to have blonde hair now it is dark brown, and if that doesn't work I also did write that Newt dyed her hair.

Date: Monday, 2012 May 07, 00:50 GMT | Message # 23

Friends

Of course I didn't rip off the comics, I almost did, the only element I took from the books was the idea of Newt and Hicks as the leads, and I might of used an idea for a space walk I got from the 2nd book. But that's it. They are two TOTALLY different stories.

Date: Monday, 2012 May 07, 00:51 GMT | Message # 24

Friends

I know!!! Thanks!

I've even got great ideas that haven't been used in the series before in my sequel, my 2nd one Aliens Vengeance not my 1st Aliens Unleashed.

Picture this:
First, a HULL BREACH, which was kinda done in Resurrection but not like what I did where the characters hold on for dear life or get sucked into the vacuum of space.
Second, a SPACE WALK where the characters have to fight Aliens while in space on the side of a station. In space no one can you hear you scream, because the scene is almost completely silent, just like Firefly.
Third, 0-GRAVITY where the artificial gravity cuts off and they fight the Aliens with no gravity, like in Inception but way, way cooler.

Summer Glau would kick ass in both these movies.

All I got to do is meet my contacts and hopefully the two can help me. "The Big Biehns"

Check out my pictures on my discussion, Summer vs. Aliens, or the rest on my twitter, Wade Brooks Wyeth, you'll know by the Weyland-Yutani logo

Date: Monday, 2012 May 07, 00:51 GMT | Message # 25

Friends

that sounds awesome! i really hope that you have success with this.

Date: Monday, 2012 May 07, 00:51 GMT | Message # 26

Friends

Thank you! Thank you! You are a wonderful audience!

Only thing that bothers me, is that I feel like Unleashed has nothing new about it, other then a new lead, and let's just say instead of seeing Marines showing up at the aftermath of when all hell broke loose, we see colonists during when all hell breaks loose.

The 2nd one I feel like has new stuff, like I described to you guys.

All the 1st has is, during the attack instead of after, our heroes trying to survive, conflict within the group, abandonment by the company, improvising, one of them possibly carrying an Alien, and a big fight with Newt (Summer) in a customized powerloader mounted with guns against Aliens.

Date: Monday, 2012 May 07, 00:51 GMT | Message # 27

Friends

But seriously, if I had money, fame, and power, I would cast Summer in so much great roles that she would never be overlooked again. Or is it underlooked? Which is the one where the actor doesn't get much roles? Basically, I would see to it that she'd get bigger roles.

And I would put an end to this "Summer Glau Curse"

BTW, did you hear that she had a role as a dancer in the Black Swan? But during production her role was cut. Man she can not get a break!

Date: Monday, 2012 May 07, 00:51 GMT | Message # 28

Friends

That's me, director of the overlooked stars, such as Michael Biehn, Danielle Harris, and Thomas Dekker. Every time I write a character, I always consider Summer, Biehn, Danielle, and Dekker for a role. In fact, I like Dekker's name so much, I even name characters after him. It's such a cool name Dekker, it sounds futuristic. I even named Newt's (Summer's) love interest in my script Dekker.

Date: Monday, 2012 May 07, 00:51 GMT | Message # 29

Friends

Come one, come all! See our Summer starring in my Aliens films with my posters, Aliens Unleashed and Aliens Vengeance, co-starring fellow Aliens stars Sigourney Weaver and Michael Biehn. Check my thread, Summer Glau vs. Aliens! I just finished uploading all my posters. I don't have any others, well with Summer anyway, unless I make more. But I have a whole "SUMMER" to make more if I get more ideas.

Date: Monday, 2012 May 07, 00:52 GMT | Message # 30

Friends

Quote (Hicks)
Only thing that bothers me, is that I feel like Unleashed has nothing new about it, other then a new lead, and let's just say instead of seeing Marines showing up at the aftermath of when all hell broke loose, we see colonists during when all hell breaks loose.

The 2nd one I feel like has new stuff, like I described to you guys.

All the 1st has is, during the attack instead of after, our heroes trying to survive, conflict within the group, abandonment by the company, improvising, one of them possibly carrying an Alien, and a big fight with Newt (Summer) in a customized powerloader mounted with guns against Aliens.

even if there is nothing new it sets up the story for the sequel. which i think is important in any movie or tv show. you have to have a back story or it feels empty.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » General Discussions » General discussion » Summer Glau vs. Aliens (Summer Glau: perfect star for an Aliens movie)
Page 2 of 10«1234910»
Search: